Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting facts about you

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The last time I visited Moscow was in 2002-2003. I've brought a large bag of books from it. On of them was Jung "Psychological Types".

read it again

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I had 2 vacations at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoline View Post
    read it again
    You did not read it, not me.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    you 1st
    what edition you got?

I have an edition from the 60's with 400 pgs. but they cut it beyond repair in the last editions... : (and all the historical parts went missing .. what a shame!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoline View Post
    what edition you got?
    Loriye's translation to Russian, verified by Jung. Original text, I suppose. Almost everything is in X chapter, but I read it all and sometimes there was useful too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My department in university where I studed was situated in the building of ex-theological seminary.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once killed a crow and proceeded to eat it.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I hear that crow meat is ridiculously tough, why would you do that to yourself?
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    "People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can't rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right."

It was for his soul...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    It was for his soul...
    Perhaps my own.

That's a story.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Perhaps my own.

That's a story.
    Yeah...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's a story.
    ... *taps foot*

Reason is a whore.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... *taps foot*
    I was distraught, had not eaten for almost a week. Woke up in the woods, very weak. I had been on one of my more severe benders cuz of reasons. A man has gotta eat.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I never said to a woman "I love you" in romantic sense.

//
    I never ate a crow, while what I ate know only sellers on the local market.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

When I was a teenager working at blimpies I got really annoyed at this guy who kept asking for more and more olives so I dumped an entire can from the back on his sandwich and he thought it was funny and tipped me $10.

I never was good at dealing with customers.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

In the past and sometimes now I have been surprised when people have called me tough or confident because I don't see myself that way. I'm super self-conscious and self aware and worried I look like a pussy. But I always like getting that compliment

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When I was ~12 years old I saw how a woman tried a suicide by self-burning. She poured something on herself and burned it. All her body soon became covered by the fire. My farther was near, have taken a coverlet which dried on a rope, pushed her to the ground, covered by the fabric and put out the fire. I don't know what happened later with her, she got not deep but wide burns.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    In the past and sometimes now I have been surprised when people have called me tough or confident because I don't see myself that way. I'm super self-conscious and self aware and worried I look like a pussy. But I always like getting that compliment
    Same from me! I feel like a pussy but for some reason many people have called me confident and tough...no idea why. To be honest I try to have this confident look mostly when I first meet someone or when I try to make a good impression, but I feel like people can't possibly buy that, it's a pure mask and it has nothing to do with reality. I guess some people are not really good at rading what's behind a mask somebody wears.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have visited over 20 countries in 3 different continents

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I feel like a pussy but for some reason many people have called me confident and tough...no idea why.
    Different people see you from different sides. For example, for ESE you may look more confident than for others.
    Last edited by Sol; 10-15-2017 at 12:21 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Same from me! I feel like a pussy but for some reason many people have called me confident and tough...no idea why. To be honest I try to have this confident look mostly when I first meet someone or when I try to make a good impression, but I feel like people can't possibly buy that, it's a pure mask and it has nothing to do with reality. I guess some people are not really good at rading what's behind a mask somebody wears.
    It's the 6 influence
    I do think I am tough with alot of things, but I dont think I come off that way since I'm always worrying about not looking that way - I imagine people can see right through me.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I remember being little, about 7 or something, and when we had been somewhere with my family and going back in the car, when it was dark outside, I would look out the window into the sky and moon or fields we passed by and fantisize about my funeral and how no one would care and how sad that would be... and cry silently so no one in my family would notice and try to make me happy. That was how i entertained myself on long car rides LOL.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

(1) The university I went to once tried to declare unilateral independence from the rest of the country, printed passports and instituted border controls.

(2) When I was 11 years old I shot and killed a rabbit. Skinned, gutted and ate it. It was tasty.

(3) I first flew intercontinentally alone at age 11. It was same year as 9/11 and I was sure the plane would be blown up by terrorists. Still, it was ok.

(4) I have stayed awake for 50 hours before.

(5) I do not eat onions - the texture of onion makes me retch.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    I'm asian
    Not that interesting — there are 3-4 billions of us.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1) I'd sooner eat concentrated leaf matter from the trees outside my window than eat a muffin, donut, cake, or spaghetti. Whatever is in the leaves will probably make me feel less shitty than what the aforementioned foods do to me. Taking a bite of any bread product makes me feel sick to the stomach even if I don't swallow it.
    2) I had dreams of being in a romantic relationship with sasuke uchiha from a very young age and had a crush on the jonas brothers when I was 8 but I didn't understand the concept of homosexuality until someone told me years later. My dad would always scold me for saying things like "Awh he's cute" but never told me anything beyond "God doesn't like that" so I got very upset that God wouldn't think the Jonas Brothers were cute.
    3) I had an obsession with butts from a young age, years before I even sexualized anything.
    4) I once did cough syrup before school and realized that it helped desensitize myself from social anxiety, and I actually performed far better during PE in basketball than I would have without it. I could jump higher, shoot farther, run faster... it felt freeing. Well it also scared the shit outta me because then I realized I wasn't even myself I was just a walking body, as if I was controlling myself indirectly through a remote control. It was weird. I drank it a year later before going go kart riding just for fun, and drove recklessly but without fear, it made me feel in control of my life in that I wasn't afraid of getting hurt... now I know why people do pretty interesting things on PCP.
    5) 90% of the posts about myself end up feeling awkward so I just never post them.
    6) When I was a kid sometimes my whole day consisted of drawing new Pokemon I made up, and even gave them unique abilities and backstories. Most of them were cheesy and dumb, since I was trying to accurately portray the first gen of pokemon.
    7) When I was bullied as a kid for whatever reason I didn't know how to respond and didn't feel comfortable being aggressive without being reasonable but also didn't wanna appear weak and affected, so I would just say "Ok, yea I think you're right" and they would just stare at me and think I'm retarded. But that was the best response I could give honestly, I wasn't a quick thinker that could come up with witty retorts so I just had to say something dumb to dismiss it. Other times I would just try to act as if they were being friendly and responded genuinely to everything they said even though I knew they were trolling, like maybe if I could make this interesting for them then they'd feel as if their bullying succeeded in that they had a good laugh, but without anyone being truly affected. People always told me to stand up for myself but I just didn't feel like I would get anything out of it, I honestly felt more hurt by people thinking that I was weak rather than the bullies themselves, since people I like's opinions held more weight.
    8) I could live on a bus or a train, I just love going on rides. It makes me feel connected with everyone on it, like we're all going to the same place but with different reasons. That and I just think better when moving, it's easier for me to get lost in thought.
    9) I'm known to idealize and romanticize anything, even if it happened 3 seconds ago. "the good days" always happens to be just last week.
    10) Everyone hated me when I was young for treating everything like an experiment instead of taking things seriously which later would have be diagnosed with Asperger's (unrelated) Social experiments were funny to me at the time, and I befriended and equally hated kid to help me have fun. I found even the dumbest things amusing, and anything that pissed people off made it even funnier. I remember when I was still like 6 or 7 I had a friend who would hang out with me to play mario kart and watch care bears... yes we had a mutual obsession with care bears I really loved it... and then when we began to watch it, the movie just started fucking itself and it was just constantly playing , freezing, then playing then freezing which made me laugh my ass off but then my friend got mad at me because he really wanted to watch it, while I just wanted to enjoy the suffering.
    11) I've never kissed anyone I've dated, and I've never dated anyone I kissed. I'm not good with relationships, I guess.
    12) I wanted to stay at a mental hospital just so I could make friends with people I could get to know more easily than by any other means... it was so natural and everyone just had sympathy for eachother... it felt way better than any socialization I've gotten at school or home.
    13) I was god awful at school until highschool, then I actually was better able to fake being smart for some reason and get good grades.
    14) I drastically changed my appearance in 8th grade... wearing 90% black and convincing everyone I was a Satanist for no reason really. It never lasted long >_>
    15) Sometimes my personality changes too... it happens. I'm not that great at keeping a static identity xD It doesn't help when people try to tell me who I am.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The 1st anime I saw was "Hi no Tori 2772". Those were 1980s, cinema, I was a kid.
    I got romantic feelings to that robo-woman.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Speaking of horses. I'm good at riding horses and a bull(a bull with the robot bull where you'll ride and it's wild? But it's not a real bull? But everyone can only stay for like seconds? i can stay for a minute! )

It's because of *WOT*

I'm good at *WOT*

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Speaking of horses. I'm good at riding horses and a bull(a bull with the robot bull where you'll ride and it's wild? But it's not a real bull? But everyone can only stay for like seconds? i can stay for a minute! )

It's because of *WOT*

I'm good at *WOT*
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_bull

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    (5) I do not eat onions - the texture of onion makes me retch.
    Likewise. They are the most disgusting and vile vegetable. The worst is when somebody's breath reeks of onions. Ugh.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(1.) I write my own music and have done so since I was 16. I am currently studying the music of J.S. Bach and returning to piano performance. I am doing this to improve my knowledge of counterpoint, formal structure and technical aspects of composition for the keyboard. The defining aspect of what I write is melody, and it is generally bright and brassy, with frequent changes in intensity and mood. I love catchy melodic hooks that fix themselves in your head and rising or descending sequences. Often I will hum thematic material to myself loudly in public, and become totally oblivious to what is happening around me. My ambition is to either be successful in a band or as a film composer.

(2.) My secondary musical interests are singing and songwriting; I have a bass-baritone voice with an extensive musical range (my voice has been described as "rich" and "yearning") and I am teaching myself how to write lyrics. However my blind spot to the physical world does negatively affect the vividness and detail of my writing; this is a deficit I am keen to rectify.

(3.) I brew my own beer and have worked on and off as a contract brewer for private functions. My favourite styles are ESB (extra special bitter) and robust porter; I specialize in high temperature fermentation to increase ester production. I have also worked as a political lobbyist and fundraiser for right wing political parties in New Zealand and tried to build connections between them and the Trump campaign in the U.S. I have traveled extensively in the South Pacific, the U.S. (especially Hawaii) and many European countries. I also have some media experience (I have had opinion pieces published and been interviewed by local media organizations). I usually enjoy being interviewed, because I make much more of an impression upon people in person. I love strategy games like Risk.

(4.) I hate only three things: onions, self-righteousness and having to wait for something I lust after. Never put onions in my food or preach to me about how I should live my life. And never, ever, ever waste my time! There is nothing I hate more than being around people who delay progression from one activity or goal/objective to the next, get distracted by trivia and are hung up on irrelevant rituals and routines. If they are also anxious, vacillate and catastrophize about the future, then they become toxic to me, and will face the full force of my anger.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 10-24-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

For several years I was the solist in school choir of the beginning classes. In the same time, seems about a year, I was the solist in the choir of musical school.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1.) I like onions.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    1.) I like onions.
    me too... I was almost going to add that to my list just out of spite towards totalize >.>

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    Thanks

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I joined a choir in highschool out of accident. i hadn't undergone trials. I just suddenly joined a rehearsal. Lol.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    1.) I like onions.
    Shrek approves.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like onions too. i like onion rings..

Who wouldn't like this:

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dirty Farquaad wouldn't.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Still haven't heard Bohemian Rhapsody

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    Still haven't heard Bohemian Rhapsody
    If you play this at 2x speed then you will have heard it in only 1 minute and 39 seconds.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fvaelynn View Post
    If you play this at 2x speed then you will have heard it in only 1 minute and 39 seconds.

Never

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast