Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Askers vs. Declarers

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    ASKERS - DECLARERS
    KVESTIMNOST - DEKLATIMNOST

Askers (Intutives from the I and II quadra, sensors from the III and IV quadra):
    Kvestimy (intuity I i II kvadr, sensoriki III i IV kvadr):

1. Askers have a tendency to use interrogative intonations. Their statements sound far less categorical than those of declarers.
    2. Askers are inclined to answer a question with a question. Quite often they begin their story with phrases like "What should I tell you about?...". They often asks question that serve no purpose and require no answer ("Will you be there? - Who? I? I'll be there!") and repeat questions they've been asked even though they heard and fully understood them ("Will you be there? - Will I be there? Well..."). Often they use questions as means to keep the conversation going (For instance they may ask questions just to buy time to think of the answers)
    3. Askers, to a large degree, conduct communication in a form of a question and an answer. Always conducting dialogues with who ever they are talking to ("I would like to hear your response", "Ask me, I'll answer") or in imaginary conversations (internal "dialogue"). Even if the story of the asker was planned as a monologue, as a rule it decomposes into fragments (question - answer) inevitably turning into a dialogue.
    4. The asker quickly and at once reacts to a question set in the path of it's monologue (Independent of importance and rationality/irrationality of the question asked) – answers the question then continues where they left off. As they are naturally prone to a dialogue style of communication over a "meek"(Unrequited) monologue mode, they prefer when they are asked questions when in monologue mode. Also because of that it takes great effort to stay on course and resist the temptation to stray of course by interrupting the interlocutor with questions that could possibly take them of course.

Declarers (Sensors from the I and II quadra, intuitives from the III and IV quadra)
    Deklatimy (sensoriki I i II kvadr, intuity III i IV kvadr):

1. When declarers speak they're inclined to use affirmative intonations and because of that they are often perceived as confident or as categorical. Even their questions are often relayed in an affirmative tone.
    2. Declarers are inclined to ask questions to receive/get answers to them. Unlike askers, they rarely answer a question with a question or ask questions that are conversational surplus or ask questions as a way to keep the conversation going.
    3. Declarers are inclined to communicate in forms of monologues, where each party has "it's turn". Because of that they subconsciously attempt to transform a dialogue into a monologue (Either their own or that of their interlocutor by just listening without interrupting) and as a result of that the conversation ends up sounding like a sequence of two alternating monologues.
    4. Declarers can lose their train of thought when they are interrupted with questions during their monologues and because of that they usually wait and respond to such questions later. When asked a question "on topic" they will usually asks the person who asked the question to be patient as they are getting to that or to wait till they are finished and will try to incorporate their answer into their monologue. They relate with greater understanding to the desire to not to be interrupted while they are speaking and because of that they avoid asking questions while their interlocutor is speaking even if they are "on topic" and prefer to ask questions and voice reciprocal arguments after their interlocutor has finished speaking.

Analogy

The asker and declarer difference can be explained by a parallel of conducting narration in two different literary genres. For the declarer it's a finished narration, the full story, you can see the beginning, the culmination and the outcome, while the askers have more of a play like mentality with constant exchanges between characters.

Hypotheses

1. The orientation of the primary function strengthens the manifestation of each of the attribute: extraversion pronounces the declaring attribute while introversion pronounces the asking attribute.
    2. Nonverbal communication is more clearly expressed in the asker then in the declarer (Eye contact, gestures)
    3. In written speech declarers are more inclined to replace questions with a narrative on the questions essence while askers are more inclined to replace narration with questions or exclamations (As if demanding an answer, provoking the reader to a response)

Examples

Askers:
    "Is there more then one way? Yes" (The person has fully repeated the question they were asked) "Where to begin? Well, what would you like to know? Yesterday I went..." (The response to a question "what did you do yesterday" is with a series of questions practically removing the significance of giving an answer)

Declarers:
    "When people list their interests I don't understand whether it is with the intention to pursue the interests or what?" (The question sounds like a statement)
    Declarer: Will you be there?
    Asker: Who? I? Very well.
    Askers: Alpha and Beta intutives and Gamma and Delta sensors
    Declarers: Alpha and Beta sensors and Gamma and Delta intuitives
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a Declarer.
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt realize there were new names for taciturns and narrators.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm usually an Asker.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asker.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This dichotomy is not as clear-cut as most of the others, but it is still rather clear that I am a declarer. That is escpecially obvious in 1 and 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I like to get the last word even though I can live without it. Anyways a declarer is more likely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Declarer.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asker

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more declaring than asking.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardcore Declarer.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone else think that zeia is definitely an asker? at least online?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    does anyone else think that zeia is definitely an asker? at least online?
    He's always seemed like a declarer to me.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster