Thread: Hello!

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Hello!

Hi everyone! I'm a bit of a long time lurker, but decided to introduce myself today. I'm rien and I am ~80% sure that I'm an Ne INFj. Sometimes I take tests and get INFp, but because I find that too much Fe in my environment can be overwhelming for me, I don't think it's in my ego block.

I first became interested in personality theory after I took an MBTI test in one of my classes about a year ago. Getting the results was a life changing moment for me, because it emphasized many strengths I had that I previously saw as weaknesses to overcome. After digging around for a while, I found socionics and became fascinated with the way that it illustrates the values and functions of each type and analyzes how they interact with each other. I am still in the process of learning the basics though, and often get stuck on dichotomies. I haven't explored the enneagram yet, but I took a test just now and got 9w1.

I'm looking forward to chatting and getting more involved here! Thank you all for having me

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome!

I'm close to your type. I'm most likely LII-Ne but I periodically question that because I have a strong ethical side. I think I'm likely a 9w1 in enneagram as well.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rien View Post
    I'm rien and I am ~80% sure that I'm an Ne INFj.
    Make a thread with video and we'll say what think.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Rein welcome

Honestly80% is not enough around here. You gotta crank that up a notch
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

welcome!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahoy
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! It's reassuring to know that some users who have been around for a while are still unsure too about their own types

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Make a thread with video and we'll say what think.
    Thanks for the offer! I'll keep it in mind if the uncertainty starts to drive me crazy

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Rein welcome

Honestly80% is not enough around here. You gotta crank that up a notch
    Thanks! I'm quite sure of my type most of the time. It's just sometimes when I read/hear about something someone says that I relate a lot to, I reconsider my type. I think most often, it's my rampant Ne that gives me a lot of trouble and makes me question whether I am an INFj or ENFp.

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    ahoy
    Thank you!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! It's reassuring to know that some users who have been around for a while are still unsure too about their own types
    Is it really?

It seems more............. that people's understanding of socionics is not entirely linked to their time around the theory.

Many people have been wrong for a long time, too. Some people are "right" about their type early on, but don't know why. mm.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Is it really?
    Yes, really! I take it as a sign that the people in this community are continuing to be critical of their own understandings of the theory and of its applications to their own personality. After all, personalities are so complex and fluid.

Even if it were possible that everyone in the world fits neatly into one of 16 objective type descriptions, I feel it is difficult to pinpoint which exact one suits them best because our observations are so subjective and coloured by our own understandings of the world.

Exploring personality theories (or people/personalities in general) would not be as interesting if everything was already easily apparent.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Even if it were possible that everyone in the world fits neatly into one of 16 objective type descriptions
    Type is an abstract thing. Concrete behavior has probabilistic nature and there are many factors affecting on the behavior.
    Types descriptions are about average case, not about anyone. The aim of the descriptions is to give bright traits and a way to understand wich description is closer. There is no aim a description was 100% accurate for everyone.

I feel it is difficult to pinpoint which exact one suits them best because
    Because type itself is a probalistic thing. There are no 100 logics, - all are n% logics and 100-n% ethics. This needs time and observations to understand the typology practically as the difference is not very evident. Intertype relations help a lot to understand own type, just types descriptions are not enough for this often.

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I think I was a little unclear when I wrote my post. My point was that people are complex and immersed within their own perspectives and experiences, which makes their personalities complex and subjective. I speculated that even if an 'objective' model were developed to determine and analyze personalities, we would likely still have the same difficulties with typing that we are having now because of our subjective and complex nature.

I agree with you that types, personalities, and personality theories are abstract. I see socionics as a theory that organizes ideas about how we value, think, and process things in different and unique ways. As you mentioned, type descriptions are merely predictions and 'averages' of behaviour and will never be 100% true for anyone.

Regardless, I apologize for rambling and getting all philosophical here. This discussion is likely better suited for another category!