Thread: Was that my dual?

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Was that my dual?

This is probably futile since I do not know my own type, and I dont know his for certain. Thank you for any and all responses

In highschool, there was a guy that I was very fond of; I think he might have been an ESFj, maybe ESTj.I liked being around him, his presence was comforting, but never really saw him as person I could be romantically involved with. Friends of mine commented on our chemistry and I couldnt deny it, I felt a strong pull to him. We didnt even have to be speaking, just sitting by him put me at ease.

I remember one monday morning I was sitting at my seat and he walked into the room. I know its cliche but I kid you not, our eyes locked and we both immediately got the silliest grins on our faces. I think those grins could have translated to "I missed you." My mood was elevated for the rest of the day.

I want to feel that way again. Has anyone had this experience with their dual partners? Or does it feel completely different than what Ive described?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, I get that stupid grin with anyone who's on my wavelength, I like talking to them a lot, so whenever I see them I can't help it. There's like a knowing elation that both of you like each other. It could be duality, in the sense that you are on their wavelength and then the emotional stuff just follows from that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I will walk into a store and there will be a dual who will turn around and stare at me sharply and smile. That happens to me a lot with LSE. Often times they are too shy to say anything to me though
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Most probably that was romantic feeling wich you did not understood well. He could be dual or not.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

There is the common fallacy of mistyping anyone you've had a crush on/who's your significant other to be your "Dual".

Unless you can pinpoint what exactly made you feel "at ease" about them, or what attracted you to them, it would be too quick to say that was Duality.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I feel like you're sad about a foregone opportunity.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid grins for the win haha. I should get out more. Maybe then I'll find more people riding the same waves.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I feel like you're sad about a foregone opportunity.
    Scary. Haha youre spot on. I at least wish we could have become closer friends. I havent seen or heard from him since graduation.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    Scary. Haha youre spot on. I at least wish we could have become closer friends. I havent seen or heard from him since graduation.
    you'll find someone wonderful. I'm a big believer in fate and meant to be. It has happened many times in young crush or love to think about the person as could have been the one and then time spent dwelling and sadness. Then one comes to the one and thinks nothing of the foregone affairs or life brings circling back.
    -

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    There is the common fallacy of mistyping anyone you've had a crush on/who's your significant other to be your "Dual".

Unless you can pinpoint what exactly made you feel "at ease" about them, or what attracted you to them, it would be too quick to say that was Duality.
    So what exactly makes duals feel so at ease with/attracted to each other? Is it just the fact that you cover eachothers blind spots?

I dont see any specific reason as to why I was comfortable with him.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He was cute to you. It's enough sometimes to set feelings off
    -

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you'll find someone wonderful. I'm a big believer in fate and meant to be. It has happened many times in young crush or love to think about the person as could have been the one and then time spent dwelling and sadness. Then one comes to the one and thinks nothing of the foregone affairs or life brings circling back.
    Thank you! I try not to dwell whenever I encounter something that reminds me of him, but its hard to stop kicking yourself for missing an amazing oppurtunity. Im sure there is someone out there

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha yeeeaah maybe that was it. Maybe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This may depend on type. I'm sure ESTx women would prefer "cute" INFx guys romanticly. Whille beta NF women should prefer beta ST "hard" ones.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    This is probably futile since I do not know my own type, and I dont know his for certain. Thank you for any and all responses

In highschool, there was a guy that I was very fond of; I think he might have been an ESFj, maybe ESTj.I liked being around him, his presence was comforting, but never really saw him as person I could be romantically involved with. Friends of mine commented on our chemistry and I couldnt deny it, I felt a strong pull to him. We didnt even have to be speaking, just sitting by him put me at ease.

I remember one monday morning I was sitting at my seat and he walked into the room. I know its cliche but I kid you not, our eyes locked and we both immediately got the silliest grins on our faces. I think those grins could have translated to "I missed you." My mood was elevated for the rest of the day.

I want to feel that way again. Has anyone had this experience with their dual partners? Or does it feel completely different than what Ive described?
    Those are just romantic feelings. Of course, I suspect that you were in top 4 row of ITR(Duality, Activation, Mirror and Identical)-most likely activation due to increased mood not only from pheromones / hormones and stuff but also because Activity relations do want to have such an effect on people. It was probably a mix of both.

I know because I experienced such a thing. I was also a wanker(still am ) and totally missed an 110% certain opportunity that made me feel beautiful and stuff. Increased mood etc just as you described. Eh, but I don't miss it. Past is past, one needs to let it go or it festers then infects and then...disorders etc come. Plus, everything happens for a reason(it simply has to), so even if presented with an option to correct this, I wouldn't do it. Who knows what'd get screwed in such a timeline? Maybe I'm meant to become like a Trump in this timeline and in that timeline I'd become just another guy(gah not that! I can't be "just another" anything!).

...yeah .

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Those are just romantic feelings. Of course, I suspect that you were in top 4 row of ITR(Duality, Activation, Mirror and Identical)-most likely activation due to increased mood not only from pheromones / hormones and stuff but also because Activity relations do want to have such an effect on people. It was probably a mix of both.

I know because I experienced such a thing. I was also a wanker(still am ) and totally missed an 110% certain opportunity that made me feel beautiful and stuff. Increased mood etc just as you described. Eh, but I don't miss it. Past is past, one needs to let it go or it festers then infects and then...disorders etc come. Plus, everything happens for a reason(it simply has to), so even if presented with an option to correct this, I wouldn't do it. Who knows what'd get screwed in such a timeline? Maybe I'm meant to become like a Trump in this timeline and in that timeline I'd become just another guy(gah not that! I can't be "just another" anything!).

...yeah .
    Interesting point of view. Its kind of like that movie with Nicholas cage. A look at how life would have been if he had stayed with the girl he loved (just another guy with kids and a junk mini van). Not that kids and a mini van are a bad thing, they just arent for me. I should really post on the "whats my type" forum. This whole 'figure it out yourself' thing is going nowhere.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I jumped the gun. Haha

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    This may depend on type. I'm sure ESTx women would prefer "cute" INFx guys romanticly. Whille beta NF women should prefer beta ST "hard" ones.

Do you mean hard as in hard built (bodies)? Or, hard as in tough guy.

I don't like it when people make a physical spectacle of themselves (unless it's a job not as tough chauvinist). Rather I like intentions of softnes.
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My duals don't notice me until I start singing "Hi ho, hi ho. It's off to work we go," and then they march behind me. I usually can get them to follow up to 100 feet.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    An SLE friends posted this on Facebook. It makes me cringe and also I don't like how it lacks the spirit of family, kids, enjoyment of the holiday and tradition. It's crude and comes off defensive. I hope you can get what I mean. This speaks of Se beta, I'm sure if looked at a certain way it could be just a joke for them. But I'm a serious type and I like pleasant things.

I like this image

-

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    My duals don't notice me until I start singing "Hi ho, hi ho. It's off to work we go," and then they march behind me. I usually can get them to follow up to 100 feet.
    Hahaha they stop when they realize its not actually work theyre going to?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Yes, I get that stupid grin with anyone who's on my wavelength, I like talking to them a lot, so whenever I see them I can't help it. There's like a knowing elation that both of you like each other. It could be duality, in the sense that you are on their wavelength and then the emotional stuff just follows from that.
    I think relations of activity could also operate like this. I remember one particular, very introverted girl who I always felt compelled to talk to for some reason. I don't usually feel very motivated to just start talking to people, but she would often look at me with a sort of soul-piercing gaze, and I had to start talking. It was weird, but there was some kind of strange chemistry there.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    I think relations of activity could also operate like this. I remember one particular, very introverted girl who I always felt compelled to talk to for some reason. I don't usually feel very motivated to just start talking to people, but she would often look at me with a sort of soul-piercing gaze, and I had to start talking. It was weird, but there was some kind of strange chemistry there.
    Im glad you brought that up. Someone suggested that I might be an eii, well sli is the eii activity partner yeah? So i checked out the male portrait for the sli and it described him to a t. I dont know why the heck I thought he was esfj or estj. Its strange its like I dont even think before coming to a conclusion. Haha.