Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's my type? 80Q

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I will give an example of gamma long term thinking. My SEE friend is a member of the city council. When she first started they didn't have a system in place that could function without a specific person and their skills. She worked to implement a system that could function without anyone working behind the desk so to say. Our FBI works in a similar way and was also built by an SEE. When the expert dies nothing will fall apart and people will continue to go about their job. Does this make sense?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I will give an example of gamma long term thinking. My SEE friend is a member of the city council. When she first started they didn't have a system in place that could function without a specific person and their skills. She worked to implement a system that could function without anyone working behind the desk so to say. Our FBI works in a similar way and was also built by an SEE. When the expert dies nothing will fall apart and people will continue to go about their job. Does this make sense?
    Is that really Gamma Ni-Te? Yes, I have a habit of creating or improving existing systems and rules in my (previous) areas of interest. I mentioned the effect I tend to have on debate forums during and after my time there on page 1.

By the way, I'm not sure if this helps but my parents said I didn't talk much as a young child. They got concerned and took me to a doctor who revealed that I knew how to talk but wasn't talking simply because I didn't want to talk to anyone. There's an ESTp on YouTube who said he did the exact same thing when he was younger so I thought that was worth mentioning as it could be a sign of Fx-polr?

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    IEI.
    Surely you jest? I'm fairly sure that I am not an Fe-ego type.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    Is that really Gamma Ni-Te? Yes, I have a habit of creating or improving existing systems and rules in my (previous) areas of interest. I mentioned the effect I tend to have on debate forums during and after my time there on page 1.

By the way, I'm not sure if this helps but my parents said I didn't talk much as a young child. They got concerned and took me to a doctor who revealed that I knew how to talk but wasn't talking simply because I didn't want to talk to anyone. There's an ESTp on YouTube who said he did the exact same thing when he was younger so I thought that was worth mentioning as it could be a sign of Fx-polr?

Talking later in life is not type related.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking later in life is not type related.
    I figured as much but thought it may be worth mentioning.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This might be worth looking into

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/73
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One reason why I don't type you EII is because your family's wishes are a certain way, even when they are annoying, like expecting you to do something the last minute, and you not doing them. I personally, being EII, have a hard time saying no to these requests. I just drop what I'm doing and go do it. I feel like most often I don't have a choice no matter how annoying the "spontaneous" and "impulsive" some of these sudden plans are. For the people in my family who plan these things, they are not sudden. They have been talking about it likely for a while and just bothered to mention them to me at the last minute.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let's take the question "What is a rule?"

An ESE would answer... "A rule is something created by someone or a group of people to get control, order of something?"

What rules do you have to follow?

"The ten commandments" because if you're going to follow any rules it should be the one that helps keep the peace and you out of trouble.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EII

What is a rule?

A rule is something that sets order and continuity.

It's hard to say. Generally, most rules that are seriously enforced as to not disrupt the peace of society and cause you to end up in jail. That being said, one should not follow rules that endanger the lives of other individuals, like adhering to Nazi rules to turn people into harmful circumstance and in a society where rules curb free expression of individuality and are irrationally mean should not be followed necessarily, but not because one's personal intent is harmful to other individuals.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You

What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
    A rule is a boundary and somewhat of an action (or lack of) imposed on something.

We don't have to follow rules but they often do create order and peace.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI

What is a rule?

A guideline that's enforced.
    What do rules do you have to follow

Only ones that you feel are right. You shouldn't follow all the rules doesn't mean there are no consequences.
    Followed for moral and ethical reasons.
    -

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One reason why I don't type you EII is because your family's wishes are a certain way, even when they are annoying, like expecting you to do something the last minute, and you not doing them. I personally, being EII, have a hard time saying no to these requests. I just drop what I'm doing and go do it. I feel like most often I don't have a choice no matter how annoying the "spontaneous" and "impulsive" some of these sudden plans are. For the people in my family who plan these things, they are not sudden. They have been talking about it likely for a while and just bothered to mention them to me at the last minute.
    That is the part which annoys me the most. If it's something completely in the moment and they ask me then I may do it, but if they planned it and left me out until the last moment and expect me to simply just drop whatever it is that I'm doing for them then I'll refuse to do so. My parents would often force me to go out with my family and I used to just disengage from them and not hide the fact that I didn't want to be there.

You

What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
    A rule is a boundary and somewhat of an action (or lack of) imposed on something.

We don't have to follow rules but they often do create order and peace.
    By that I mean a rule forces someone to take action (or lack of action) in a given situation. For example, someone could have a rule of no sex before marriage which may prompt said person to reject the advances of another person. In this case, the action was rejecting the advances of a person based on the rule of no sex before marriage.
    Last edited by Resonare; 11-22-2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: typos

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Someone that I'm working on typing probably IEE
    A rule:

Something that somebody makes up to control your actions

Only ones that you are convinced that you have to follow.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE

to them it's restricting because it keeps them away from doing what they want when they want. they just want to do what they want. Their personal choice and decision is central to their actions and thus they may try (try!) not to violate them. Because they are in the moment, they may not expand on hypotheticals of the situation "what if!" and because they are immediate in the moment experiencers they may not analyze things much
    -

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

to them it's restricting because it keeps them away from doing what they want when they want. they just want to do what they want. Their personal choice and decision is central to their actions and thus they may try (try!) not to violate them. Because they are in the moment, they may not expand on hypotheticals of the situation "what if!" and because they are immediate in the moment experiencers they may not analyze things much
    I have nothing against being typed as SEE but there are some problems. For example, the underlined is 0% true about me. I am always thinking "what if?" which is why I test very highly in MBTI Ne. Also, my younger brother is a blatant SEE and the underlined is absolutely true about him. When I talk about hypotheticals and I try to explain my understanding of a situation through what I have observed (and he hasn't) he is always quick to dismiss it and just call me paranoid or overthinking things. We've been described as being "opposites" on more than one occasion as well which is part of the reason why ILI initially made a lot of sense, but the issue is that he is somewhat more future thinking than I am and he has 1D Ni. What I mean by this is that even though he is still at University, he is already thinking about what he's going to do when he graduates, while I just sort of focused on getting the highest grade for my degree and didn't really look past that.

Some other things in my OP don't add up as well and a wrote that at a time where I wasn't as familiar with socionics as I am now.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEE would make sense for you.
    -

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE would make sense for you.

But I relate to Ne-Fi the least out of the gamma and delta function pairs and Se-Fi the most.

Quote Originally Posted by silke
    Eight Elements as Leading Functions

Black (Extraverted) Intuition
    shorthand designation: Ne

Perceives information about objects' potential energy — for example, information about the physical and mental abilities and potential of a person. This perception implies the ability to understand the structure of objects and phenomena and grasp their inner substance. This element determines a person's ability or inability to see the real potential energy of one's surroundings.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual has pronounced cognitive interests. He is constantly studying underlying phenomena, which he is able to communicate to others quite successfully by making complicated things simple [!! not all are able to explain things well]. Likes to explain to others his understanding of things. In favorable conditions becomes a scientist or writer [!! not necessarily true]. Is able to find optimal ways of increasing objects' potential energy. "Energizes" others with his understanding of the potential energy of surrounding objects.

Black (Extraverted) Ethics
    shorthand designation: Fe

Perceives information about processes taking place in objects — first of all, emotional processes that are taking place in people, their excitation or subduedness, and their moods. This perceptual element implies the ability to know what excites people, and what suppresses them. It defines a person's ability or inability to control his emotional state, and also the emotional states of other people.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual has the innate ability to induce or convey his moods to others and energize people with his emotions. He is able to activate the psychological/spiritual lives of other people and their emotional readiness for action. You might say that such a person has the ability to infect others with his moods and tends to impose on others the emotional states that he considers beneficial for their life activities.

What people usually call emotions or a person's display of emotions is neither more nor less than a form of letting out this internal excitation directly, almost without expending it in muscle activity. A cheerful person who laughs releases an emotional charge and inner excitation through certain movements of the muscles of the face and body. This might be a means for reducing overexcitement, when inner exertion cannot be used for the activity it was intended for. But it can also be a conscious method of conveying one's excitement/agitation to others — inducing one's internal excitement/agitation in the psyches of other people. Anger, for example, is also a way of reducing overexcitement, but it is usually directed not at arousing others emotionally, but at emotionally suppressing and depleting them, at lowering their activity level, or at strictly channeling their activity.

Black (Extraverted) Sensing
    shorthand designation: Se

Perceives information about what might be called objects' "kinetic energy" — for example, information about how organized/mobilized a person is, his physical energy and power, and his ability to make use of his willpower or position and exercise his will in opposition to others'. This perception implies the ability to tell what reserves of "kinetic energy" people have and how useful they can be in getting things done. It defines the individual's ability or inability to exercise his willpower and energy in opposition to the will and energy of other people.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual possesses exceptional personal force/will. He is a born organizer of anything. He has the ability to mobilize people to achieve a goal and is able to make use of and manage animate and inanimate objects. Is able to work with things (objects) and reproduce almost any objects based on available samples. This is a reflection of his ability to organize material. These people are known for their striving to materialize their will, energy, and power, and for their desire to impose their will on others.

Black (Extraverted) Logic
    shorthand designation: Te

Perceives information about animate and inanimate objects' physical activity, deeds, and actions/activities. This perception provides the ability to make sense of what is going on. It defines the awareness of and ability or inability to think up ways of doing things, distinguish rational actions from irrational ones, and the ability or inability to direct others' work.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual has the ability to plan his and others' work, understand the logicalness and illogicalness of processes, and correct the work activities of other people in accordance with this understanding. And the ability to apply personally and convey to others the most rational ways of doing things. [!! emphasis on 'work' here may be inadequate, especially when you consider people of these types who are scientists, artists, and musicions]

White (Introverted) Intuition
    shorthand designation: Ni

All processes take place in time; they have their roots in the past and their continuation in the future. Time is the correlation between events that follow each other. This perceptual element provides information about the sequence of events and people's deeds, about their cause and effect relationship, and about participants' attitudes towards this — that is, about people's feelings that these relationships engender.

Such an individual perceives information from without as feelings about the future, past, and present. For example, a sense of hurriedness, calmness, or heatedness, a sense of timeliness or prematureness, a sense of proper or improper life rhythm, a sense of impending danger or safety, anticipation, fear of being late, a sense of seeing the future, anxiety about what lies ahead, and so forth. At any given moment of one's life one has such a sense of time. One cannot live outside of time or be indifferent toward it. Thus, a certain sense of time is an integral part of the individual's psychological state at any given moment. This perceptual element defines a person's ability or inability to forecast and plan for the future, evade all sorts of troubles, avoid taking wrong actions, and learn from past experience.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual possesses innate strategic abilities and is able to choose the most optimal moments for different activities: when to give battle, if necessary, and when to avoid battle, when that would be more appropriate. Interaction in time might be interpreted as the ability to avoid collisions with objects and hence avoid objects' reflection within oneself.

White (Introverted) Sensing
    shorthand designation: Si

An object's internal state we view as the relationship between events that cause each other [!! unclear description]. This element perceives information about how processes are reflected in one's internal state — people's sense of health and sensations that are caused by processes taking place. Interaction in space is essentially the response of one object to another. Objects respond to other objects, creating certain sensations in each other. Such an individual perceives information from without as sensations related to what is happening. For example, the sensation of pain is essentially the reflection in a person's brain of a relationship between his functioning body and a process occurring in some part of the body that impedes this functioning.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual has the ability to change the qualities of the surrounding space and the sensations of people who are located within it. He is able to avoid physical discomfort and protect others from discomfort. This element determines the ability to recreate previously experienced aesthetic sensations — to recreate an object that provides one with aesthetic sensations that the author chooses. These people are able to distinguish previously experienced aesthetic sensations from new ones and are able to "collect" and remember them. This also implies the ability to set one's aesthetic and sensory needs in opposition to others' and demand their gratification, the ability to mould and perfect not only one's own aesthetic tastes and habits, but also those of other people. We might say that such individuals have the ability to impose their understanding of aesthetics and comfortable living on other people. [!! emphasis on 'aesthetics' here is inadequate]

White (Introverted) Logic
    shorthand designation: Ti

We shall call 'logical' those feelings that arise in the process of comparing one object to another on the basis of any objective parameter — for example, a feeling of distance, weight, volume, worth, strength, quality, etc. These are feelings of objective evaluation that in certain situations help activate or passivate the person experiencing them. Such an individual perceives information from without as a sense of objects' proper or improper correlation/proportion, a sense of balance or imbalance between them, or an awareness or unawareness of the advantages of one object over another. This also includes all feelings that results from knowing or not knowing objects and phenomena — curiosity, respect, fear, and a sense of the logicalness or illogicalness of things, as well as a sense of one's own power or powerlessness before different objects.

All these feelings we shall call logical. Their sum is a person's sense of logic. People have differently developed senses of logic. We might say that logical feelings convey information about the knowledge or lack of knowledge of objects, their comparability or incomparability, and the balance or lack of balance between them, as well as about space and objects' position in space. They are objective because they do not take into consideration the interests and needs of people, but only correlations of objective qualities. This perceptual element determines a person's ability or inability to see the objective, logical relations between objects or their components.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual has the ability to logically evaluate interrelations of objective static reality, or the world of objects. He also the ability to change according to his desires the interrelations between the characteristics of various objects and hence influence the objects themselves that carry these characteristics. Correct evaluation of one's interrelations with other objects helps the individual know which objects should be avoided, and which can be "hunted." Such an individual is able to set his logic — or his knowledge of objectifiable reality, patterns, laws, and correlations of the objective world — in opposition to others' knowledge. He has the ability to mould and perfect not only his own knowledge of objectifiable reality, but also that of other people. This creates a feeling of power when clashing with other people's logic or lack thereof.

White (Introverted) Ethics
    shorthand designation: Fi

This is the subjective relationship between two carriers of potential or kinetic energy that shows the level of attraction (or repulsion) between one object or subject and another object or subject. Thanks to this IM element a person feels which objects attract him and which repel him. You might say that this perceptual element conveys information about objects' need or lack of need of each other and about the presence or absence of mutual or one-way needs.

Such an individual perceives information about this facet of objective reality the individual perceives as a need for certain objects that satisfy physical wishes/desires, psychological or spiritual desires, and a need for other people — in other words, a person's wishes/desires and interests that are directed toward animate and inanimate objects. This includes feelings of like and dislike, love and hatred, the desire to obtain some thing/object, etc., and greed or the absense of greed. The higher feelings of this kind can be called ethical, because relationships between people's needs are mainly regulated by ethical normals.

When this perceptual element is in the leading position, the individual possesses the innate ability to perceive and evaluate wishes/desires — both his own and others'. He always knows who wants what from whom. He is able to set his awareness of subjective reality and his wishes in opposition to those of others. He has the ability to mould and perfect both his own and others' wishes. He possesses both the ability to provide himself with necessary relationships with others and confidence in his capacity to influence other people. His correct perception of human needs allows him to avoid risky collisions when satisfying his own needs. This engenders the ability to manipulate people's attachments, and the ability and desire to influence people's ethical feelings and bring these feelings closer to societal ideals.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just browsed through it. These are the questions you answer: what function do you like most in a person? Least? What are you like? Least = PoLR. Most = Suggestive function. What you're like = ego block. It's not simply about what you're deficient in/strong at...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's take the question "What is a rule?"

An ESE would answer... "A rule is something created by someone or a group of people to get control, order of something?"

"The ten commandments" because if you're going to follow any rules it should be the one that helps keep the peace and you out of trouble.
    Someone that I'm working on typing probably IEE
    A rule:

Something that somebody makes up to control your actions

Only ones that you are convinced that you have to follow.
    These responses illustrate why I type myself LII-IEI. To me, both of these are true to life (.i.e., incredibly weak attempts at answering the question). I realize I probably supervise both types . Also, I find that another variety of Fe is dual, some Se-egos seem like moth-and-the-flame, and other Se's conflictor. I'm also 5w4, which seems Ti-Ni. Hence, the conclusion LII-IEI seems to work...

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just browsed through it. These are the questions you answer: what function do you like most in a person? Least? What are you like? Least = PoLR. Most = Suggestive function. What you're like = ego block. It's not simply about what you're deficient in/strong at...
    You really think I am Te-polr?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what I was trying to say. What I wanted is for you to answer those questions (either for me or yourself) and to see if your answers fit any of the 16 types. (Regardless of whether the type that fits is IEI or not...)

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what I was trying to say. What I wanted is for you to answer those questions (either for me or yourself) and to see if your answers fit any of the 16 types. (Regardless of whether the type that fits is IEI or not...)
    What function do you like most in a person?

No idea but most of my friends are sensors, Se-ego types to be specific so that's probably a good indication.

Least?

Se, Fe and Ti. I dislike some of the others from time to time but mainly those three.

What are you like?

Here and here.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay... Who is the most annoying person on the planet to you - as in an actress, movie character, etc.? If that function keeps popping up as annoying, it is probably your PoLR. What is your favourite actress, movie character, etc.? The same applies... Further, who are some people you really identify with? Is there a pattern there?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What does power mean to you?
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

"Gamma types take a longer-term view regarding efficiency and profitability, giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice."

This applies to me but my "longer term" view is not very long-term. As @Maritsa mentioned before, I tend to only look toward the near future rather than the far future. The latter part is just...generic and it would apply to anyone who isn't selfish.
    Typical Gamma at the bolded.

Trust me, I see it very differently.

"Gamma types like to talk about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings."

Yes, but in the opposite way; I tend to notice where they are going in terms of potentially unwanted events.
    Yup, that's an ILI thing. Very Negativist.

"Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information. "

The only part I can totally agree with. I can entertain unsupported ideas but I won't value them as much as ones that have factual information to support them. I'll listen to people that want to drop by and say "ILI" (@Myst, your first post was exactly this) but will I believe them and be confident in a typing based on this? Nope. I may find fault with some of the logic @Maritsa uses when trying to find my type but at the very least I value the fact she actually bothers to try and explain her conclusions e.g. "time sensitive material makes Ni ili seek people out like a greyhound".
    Cool.

And yet I almost never use that word in my daily speech and I'm not business-orientated at all. If you're so sure that I'm Gamma then why not one of the SFs? I relate to gamma Se-Fi completely.
    Yeah, would make sense with Se/Fi being your superid. You're way too dryly focused on logic to be Fi in ego

Ok, but I find it increasingly difficult to believe any type you suggest. Maybe you aren't aware of this but you outright ignored a post containing proof that I relate to (ESTp) 1D Ni after you asked whether or not I relate to it, so you come across as having a confirmation bias.
    Where is that post?

Also, I'm really sorry but I cannot suggest any type other than ILI at this point as all the other types would bring up many many more contradictions based on what you've said so far. So the only thing I can suggest beyond typing you as ILI is, get to know yourself and the theory more. Simple as that.

But do show me that post because trust me, I did not ignore it intentionally and I do take a big issue with your accusation of confirmation bias in this way. Fucking hell.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

There's an ESTp on YouTube who said he did the exact same thing when he was younger so I thought that was worth mentioning as it could be a sign of Fx-polr?
    If that "ESTp" is DJArendee, rest assured he's at best LSI not SLE. Just a note. So, yeah, don't try to correlate any stupid little thing with the socionics theory like that.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

the issue is that he is somewhat more future thinking than I am and he has 1D Ni. What I mean by this is that even though he is still at University, he is already thinking about what he's going to do when he graduates, while I just sort of focused on getting the highest grade for my degree and didn't really look past that.
    The question would be, why did he care to look further and why you didn't; it may not even be socionics related.

Some other things in my OP don't add up as well and a wrote that at a time where I wasn't as familiar with socionics as I am now.
    I don't see why it's a problem that you wrote it before you were familiar with the theory - provides for less bias.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does power mean to you?
    Intelligence, influence, force.

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Where is that post?

Also, I'm really sorry but I cannot suggest any type other than ILI at this point as all the other types would bring up many many more contradictions based on what you've said so far. So the only thing I can suggest beyond typing you as ILI is, get to know yourself and the theory more. Simple as that.

But do show me that post because trust me, I did not ignore it intentionally and I do take a big issue with your accusation of confirmation bias in this way. Fucking hell.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1111768

If that "ESTp" is DJArendee, rest assured he's at best LSI not SLE. Just a note. So, yeah, don't try to correlate any stupid little thing with the socionics theory like that.
    So which type do you think he is then? I ask this because my views on his perspectives may be an indication of my type.

The question would be, why did he care to look further and why you didn't; it may not even be socionics related.
    It probably is type related; I'm just not a far-future thinker. Even before becoming depressed I wasn't one to think about my career path or long-term future in general.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa @Myst

I'm reading more about this "duel-seeking" Se and I don't think it's me at all. Apparently, INTps like to feel the force of other people upon themselves...yeah...no. As I said before, I'm very much the type to lash out at anyone who even attempts to do that. Just this week a girl tried to push in front of me in a queue and I told her to basically get the **** back because I was first. The cashier tried to be cheeky toward me because I didn't let her go first so I raised my voice a little until he backed down. I won't initially impose my will on others, and I may come across as reserved, but if someone gets out of line I will not hesitate at all, regardless of who they are. For example, I have already decided to not marry or enter a serious relationship and I know for a fact that if anyone tried to force me to they would regret it as I would verbally attack them (possibly physically) then break all contact with them whether they be my family or not.

Maybe this seems like a rant but I cannot emphasis enough just how much it isn't like me. I'm reluctant to impose myself on others I do not think warrant it (it's in my 80Q), but I won't hesitate when it comes to those that do unless there's a serious consequence of doing so.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I'm reading more about this "dual-seeking" Se and I don't think it's me at all. Apparently, INTps like to feel the force of other people upon themselves...yeah...no. As I said before, I'm very much the type to lash out at anyone who even attempts to do that. Just this week a girl tried to push in front of me in a queue and I told her to basically get the **** back because I was first.
    Lol, Se DS is not about letting people push in front of you in a queue. That's utter bullshit. Read up on SEE type profiles and see what's actually meant by the "force" of Se+Fi. It has nothing to do with unfair pushing around or other coercive behaviour.

I won't initially impose my will on others, and I may come across as reserved, but if someone gets out of line I will not hesitate at all, regardless of who they are. For example, I have already decided to not marry or enter a serious relationship and I know for a fact that if anyone tried to force me to they would regret it as I would verbally attack them (possibly physically) then break all contact with them whether they be my family or not.
    That's completely normal to not let others make you check out a relationship with whoever you don't want to be with. Also again you sound quite gamma and Fi HA also works for this sort of stubbornly sticking to a decision that's somewhat black and white in nature as you don't take into account too many variables for it.

Maybe this seems like a rant but I cannot emphasis enough just how much it isn't like me. I'm reluctant to impose myself on others I do not think warrant it (it's in my 80Q), but I won't hesitate when it comes to those that do unless there's a serious consequence of doing so.
    It's alright you talked about it, as it shows better where you misunderstood the theory. Btw, habitually looking at consequences first before action is Ni > Se.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Intelligence, influence, force.
    Gamma NT answer.

OK, I completely didn't notice that post. Do not ever in future assume that I must have intentionally done something when I could've done it unintentionally, let alone build outright bullshit assumptions about my attitude out of such unverified assumptions. Thank-you.

So, that post:

"Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? How about if you don't know the exact time that it will occur?
    Anxiousness is definitely there. You keep thinking about it. Another situation is also possible. You know when this event will occur, but you cannot predict its outcome. Especially, if a negative outcome for you is very likely. I am right now before this kind of situation. In a week, there will be an important event for me. And I'm starting to get very worried. I want to somehow forget about it. But I can't. On the day when everything gets resolved, I calm down. What will be, will be. (One-dimensional Ni : SLE "Zhukov")"
    OK, I wonder if this is Farsighted reinin dichotomy in general. Because I just cannot relate but I'm Carefree :shrug Basically, I tell myself right away, I will see what's up once I get there. So I don't really worry and I don't prepare that much beyond the obvious practical issues that may need to be taken care of in advance.

Farsighted = 1D or 4D Ni, basically.

Yep, I would say that I tend to live in the near-future and that I only think about the negative long-term future possibilities and I generally ignore the positive. If I see a long-term negative future prospect and if I can't prevent it then it just makes me depressed and unwilling to participate in life until it has passed. Unfortunately for me, what I'm dealing with won't come to pass for a long time and I find myself unable to live my life in this time between now and then, with "then" most likely being the end. This is why I wanted to make it clear that I'm depressed and my type may very well likely not be what it appears to be on the surface.
    I honestly don't see how this is specific to 1D Ni either if your idea was to prove a SLE typing with this.

"My husband and I work at the same company, so we go to work together. I often get there by walking, but my husband prefers to sleep a little longer in the morning and get there by bus.

The bus station is near our house. However, on the bus, we rarely go together. I leave early and then wait for my husband and the bus at the bus stop, then my husband comes, then the bus, and we sit down together and depart. Buses here arrive strictly by schedule, that is, I know what time it will arrive at the stop. But it's hard to make myself get out of the house with my husband, and he knows it. Usually, he tries to persuade me to not hurry, that we'll make it. My husband has never been late for work, this I know, but I'm not comfortable to go out of the house with him so close to the bus arrival. (One-dimensional Ni : LSE "Stirlitz")"

This one doesn't sound like me at all. In fact, I'm more like the husband. I get to the station only a few minutes before the train arrives because I don't like waiting around doing nothing while some random person goes out of their way to make me feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't say I'm never late though.
    Yeah you are not like typical Ni PoLR then, lol. This also sounds rather ILIish the way you put it. Doesn't mean it has to be ILI, of course, but it certainly does not go against it. I genuinely don't see how it supports SLE more than ILI. Explain your thoughts on that?

So which type do you think he is then? I ask this because my views on his perspectives may be an indication of my type.
    LSI works for him. What are your views on his perspectives?

It probably is type related; I'm just not a far-future thinker. Even before becoming depressed I wasn't one to think about my career path or long-term future in general.
    You're not the first person typing ILI who says that. :shrug Fine, then you didn't think about it, so what? You still naturally seem to look at what will happen instead of just acting without thought, based on the questionnaire and your posts in this thread.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, Se DS is not about letting people push in front of you in a queue. That's utter bullshit. Read up on SEE type profiles and see what's actually meant by the "force" of Se+Fi. It has nothing to do with unfair pushing around or other coercive behaviour.
    I'm open to reading material you link. By all means, if I am gaining information from the wrong sources then please link credible ones instead.

That's completely normal to not let others make you check out a relationship with whoever you don't want to be with. Also again you sound quite gamma and Fi HA also works for this sort of stubbornly sticking to a decision that's somewhat black and white in nature as you don't take into account too many variables for it.
    Fi hidden agenda is to do with wanting an object to love, right?

Not sure I match that.

It's alright you talked about it, as it shows better where you misunderstood the theory. Btw, habitually looking at consequences first before action is Ni > Se.
    Yeah, but it's forced. I never used to think about consequences before my parents started to beat the crap out of me, or before I became a target or bullies.

OK, I completely didn't notice that post. Do not ever in future assume that I must have intentionally done something when I could've done it unintentionally, let alone build outright bullshit assumptions about my attitude out of such unverified assumptions. Thank-you.
    Except it did very much appear as though you ignored it. If you take offense to that then I apologize (on your behalf) to you for missing that post.

OK, I wonder if this is Farsighted reinin dichotomy in general. Because I just cannot relate but I'm Carefree :shrug Basically, I tell myself right away, I will see what's up once I get there. So I don't really worry and I don't prepare that much beyond the obvious practical issues that may need to be taken care of in advance.

Farsighted = 1D or 4D Ni, basically.
    Finally, some explanation and not just "1D or 4D Ni".

I honestly don't see how this is specific to 1D Ni either if your idea was to prove a SLE typing with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 16types
    "Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? How about if you don't know the exact time that it will occur?
    Anxiousness is definitely there. You keep thinking about it. Another situation is also possible. You know when this event will occur, but you cannot predict its outcome. Especially, if a negative outcome for you is very likely. I am right now before this kind of situation. In a week, there will be an important event for me. And I'm starting to get very worried. I want to somehow forget about it. But I can't. On the day when everything gets resolved, I calm down. What will be, will be. (One-dimensional Ni : SLE "Zhukov")"
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonare
    Yep, I would say that I tend to live in the near-future and that I only think about the negative long-term future possibilities and I generally ignore the positive. If I see a long-term negative future prospect and if I can't prevent it then it just makes me depressed and unwilling to participate in life until it has passed. Unfortunately for me, what I'm dealing with won't come to pass for a long time and I find myself unable to live my life in this time between now and then, with "then" most likely being the end. This is why I wanted to make it clear that I'm depressed and my type may very well likely not be what it appears to be on the surface.
    Yeah you are not like typical Ni PoLR then, lol. This also sounds rather ILIish the way you put it. Doesn't mean it has to be ILI, of course, but it certainly does not go against it. I genuinely don't see how it supports SLE more than ILI. Explain your thoughts on that?
    I basically don't agree much with Base (4D) Ni and ESTj Ni, leaving SLE Ni as the only 4D/1D Ni I relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by Myst
    LSI works for him. What are your views on his perspectives?
    Depends on what. I find myself disagreeing with him a fair amount of the time but some of what he says has validity. For example, his ESFJ vs ENFJ video seems like a ramble off the top of his head but it's actually consistent with a whole bunch of theories e.g. interaction styles.

But again, I can often tell he has some kind of bias against certain types, especially INTps.

Quote Originally Posted by Myst
    You're not the first person typing ILI who says that. :shrug Fine, then you didn't think about it, so what? You still naturally seem to look at what will happen instead of just acting without thought, based on the questionnaire and your posts in this thread.
    My friend once openly told me that all the unlucky things seem to happen to me and he is mostly right. I don't act without thought because I can't afford to do so. This must sound paranoid but years of feeling like God hates you tends to do that.
    Last edited by Resonare; 12-06-2015 at 09:13 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I'm open to reading material you link. By all means, if I am gaining information from the wrong sources then please link credible ones instead.
    The16types articles and wikisocion are alright but it seems like you are interpreting some stuff too literally as a beginner.

Fi hidden agenda is to do with wanting an object to love, right?

Not sure I match that.
    "not sure" - Noted.

Yeah, but it's forced. I never used to think about consequences before my parents started to beat the crap out of me, or before I became a target or bullies.
    Yet you said before that you think you are good at foreseeing things.

Except it did very much appear as though you ignored it. If you take offense to that then I apologize (on your behalf) to you for missing that post.
    No worries.

I basically don't agree much with Base (4D) Ni and ESTj Ni, leaving SLE Ni as the only 4D/1D Ni I relate to.
    Do you relate to Ti over Te?

What are your thoughts on Fe Mobilizing? See: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Fe "Fe as activating function in ILE (ENTp; Don Quixote) and SLE (ESTp; Zhukov)"

You don't exactly come off as a Ti / Fe valuer to me, at all.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The16types articles and wikisocion are alright but it seems like you are interpreting some stuff too literally as a beginner.
    Or it's just written poorly (which it is) e.g. using terms like "Aggressor" and "Victim" and then going on to say "Oh, but we're not actually using these words in the way they were meant to be used" - then why not create your own terms or find existing ones that properly encapsulate your concept, genius? I mentioned before that I can't stand people who abuse Ti i.e. people who like to make theoretical books that ramble on and on for the sake of rambling and not getting anywhere or purposefully make a concept seem more complicated than it actually is just so they can feel more intelligent than they really are.

Yet you said before that you think you are good at foreseeing things.
    Good but not natural.

Do you relate to Ti over Te?

What are your thoughts on Fe Mobilizing? See: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Fe "Fe as activating function in ILE (ENTp; Don Quixote) and SLE (ESTp; Zhukov)"

You don't exactly come off as a Ti / Fe valuer to me, at all.
    Doesn't really sound like me. Role sounds like how I was before while vulnerable is like how I am now. Suggestive also sounds a bit like me.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Or it's just written poorly (which it is) e.g. using terms like "Aggressor" and "Victim" and then going on to say "Oh, but we're not actually using these words in the way they were meant to be used" - then why not create your own terms or find existing ones that properly encapsulate your concept, genius? I mentioned before that I can't stand people who abuse Ti i.e. people who like to make theoretical books that ramble on and on for the sake of rambling and not getting anywhere or purposefully make a concept seem more complicated than it actually is just so they can feel more intelligent than they really are.
    I think you meant to say "abuse Te".

The sources may not always be unambiguous, sure, logically you can see though that the Aggressor trait will be affected by more than simply by having Se in ego, there are further nuances including how Se superid can switch into it too and in what ways that are different from how Se egos do it;but all that's explained in the articles so I'm not going into that.

Good but not natural.
    I don't know about that. What do you mean by natural then?

The whole thing with you focusing on the future and nowhere else sounds like you would do very well with a Se type who would pull you into the present moment.

And I agree Fe HA isn't anything like you, lol.

OK so you relate to Fe role / PoLR... well if you want to consider LIE, sure, you just seem more ILI overall (not just some vague impression, I would also be able to give a list of points on that, including the brand your doubting has which is very ILI D-A over LIE V-S style of thinking). Either way, Gamma NT it is.

But if by relating to Fe role you meant you were a bit happier before then let me make it clear that this system is not about that. Happiness has nothing to do with what dimensionality of information processing your Fe possesses.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you meant to say "abuse Te".

The sources may not always be unambiguous, sure, logically you can see though that the Aggressor trait will be affected by more than simply by having Se in ego, there are further nuances including how Se superid can switch into it too and in what ways that are different from how Se egos do it;but all that's explained in the articles so I'm not going into that.
    I can't find any reference to that on the two sides you linked, would you mind providing one?

I don't know about that. What do you mean by natural then?
    Natural as in I didn't go through a big change to accommodate it.

The whole thing with you focusing on the future and nowhere else sounds like you would do very well with a Se type who would pull you into the present moment.
    That's at my worst. I'm normally only thinking about the near future, present, and past if when reflecting on something.

And I agree Fe HA isn't anything like you, lol.

OK so you relate to Fe role / PoLR... well if you want to consider LIE, sure, you just seem more ILI overall (not just some vague impression, I would also be able to give a list of points on that, including the brand your doubting has which is very ILI D-A over LIE V-S style of thinking). Either way, Gamma NT it is.
    I'm more than happy to read those list of points. I also relate to suggestive Fe as well.

But if by relating to Fe role you meant you were a bit happier before then let me make it clear that this system is not about that. Happiness has nothing to do with what dimensionality of information processing your Fe possesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by "the16types
    (1)LIEs are capable of making an effort to adapt to the prevailing emotional atmosphere in group situations, and trying to promote a positive emotional environment. (2)They may try to present themselves as cordial and friendly, and some LIEs have a rather cerebral and witty sense of humor. (3)Such efforts, however, are normally low-key and of short duration. (4)They may end up naturally subtituting small talk and polite banter into an exchange of information or an argument on serious topics -- which may be perceived by their interlocutors as rude, hostile, or uninteresting.(5)While they may try to present themselves as friendly, they most typically come off as polite but relatively unengaging emotionally. (6)It is often difficult for them to spontaneously display strong emotions, and they may come across as stiff or overly contained in situations where loud or intense emotional participation is expected of them. (7)Instead, it is a much more natural interactional style for LIEs to discuss matters that they feel are of substance and importance, and they much more naturally adopt the subdued, candid and businesslike style suited to this role.(8)LIEs most typically maintain a calm and affable affect rather than a heated emotional disposition, though they can be inclined to argumentativeness and distrust.
    1) True. I went out for my company's Christmas party a few days ago and my CEO actually made a remark about how I never smiled in the office but was smiling and in the mood during the party. I can do this but just not for very long which may be why I could be mistaken for an introvert/shy, but people often realize I'm not after minutes of talking to me. This makes people believe that I must hate them and that's the reason why I don't bother to engage them more regularly.

2) I'd say my sense of humor is more dark than cerebral/witty. I don't smile so I don't think I come across as friendly, but people have made comments about how I come across as a gentleman.

3) Yep, I can only do this for so long before feeling the need to either disengage from the group or talk about something more interesting rather than formalities and small talk.

4) Most conversations I have that last longer than about 5 minutes turn into a debate or an exchange of interesting information.

5) Yep. When I'm not in my "fuck the world" mode, I'm told that I come across as someone who is well spoken and polite.

6) Yep.

7) Covered this in 3) and 4).

8) I don't trust anyone and I am highly argumentative.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I can't find any reference to that on the two sides you linked, would you mind providing one?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...otic-Attitudes
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-and-Subtypes

I'm more than happy to read those list of points. I also relate to suggestive Fe as well.
    Remind me later, I don't have time for that right now.

1) True. I went out for my company's Christmas party a few days ago and my CEO actually made a remark about how I never smiled in the office but was smiling and in the mood during the party. I can do this but just not for very long which may be why I could be mistaken for an introvert/shy, but people often realize I'm not after minutes of talking to me. This makes people believe that I must hate them and that's the reason why I don't bother to engage them more regularly.

2) I'd say my sense of humor is more dark than cerebral/witty. I don't smile so I don't think I come across as friendly, but people have made comments about how I come across as a gentleman.

3) Yep, I can only do this for so long before feeling the need to either disengage from the group or talk about something more interesting rather than formalities and small talk.

4) Most conversations I have that last longer than about 5 minutes turn into a debate or an exchange of interesting information.

5) Yep. When I'm not in my "fuck the world" mode, I'm told that I come across as someone who is well spoken and polite.

6) Yep.

7) Covered this in 3) and 4).

8) I don't trust anyone and I am highly argumentative.
    These points don't differentiate well between ILI and LIE but I would still lean towards ILI based on these points.

As for the bolded, do you initiate those interactions or do other people initiate it with you?

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types
    In the dual couple SEE-ILI initiative usually belongs to the first, who rule their partner using their sensory function. The ILI would submit when simply taken and lead by the hand. One ILI would say; “If one takes my hands and leads me, I would follow at once and wouldn’t resist, but would submit to the partner’s control”.

Lol, no.

Just this year I went abroad for my grandfather's funeral and one member of my family over there kept repeatedly taking me by the hand. I was annoyed the first time and pulled my hand away when I felt it wouldn't appear too rude. The second time I came pretty close to punching him and pulled my hand away. He then stopped doing it.

These points don't differentiate well between ILI and LIE but I would still lean towards ILI based on these points.
    Really? What in those points that relate to Fe-role makes you think it relates more to Fe-polr?

As for the bolded, do you initiate those interactions or do other people initiate it with you?
    My friendships were almost all initiated by me but I generally don't initiate interactions with people.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Just this year I went abroad for my grandfather's funeral and one member of my family over there kept repeatedly taking me by the hand. I was annoyed the first time and pulled my hand away when I felt it wouldn't appear too rude. The second time I came pretty close to punching him and pulled my hand away. He then stopped doing it.
    You didn't exactly want to have sex with him did you.

Really? What in those points that relate to Fe-role makes you think it relates more to Fe-polr?
    1) first part can pass for Fe role but the last part is more ILI
    2) ILI > LIE
    The rest of your points could be either.

My friendships were almost all initiated by me but I generally don't initiate interactions with people.
    ILI > LIE

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast