701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default what is my instinctual stacking

?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Sp/Sx?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Maybe Sp/Sx?
    What does that describe?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is it possible to be just an Sp?
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Is it possible to be just an Sp?
    No

You have all three instincts but with different strenght. Persons of the same type (eg. sp/sx) are also different concerning the strenght of their "sp" or "sx"
    So you might be someone with a strong first instinct and a weak second instinct.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My spontaneous guess would also be sp/sx.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No

You have all three instincts but with different strenght. Persons of the same type (eg. sp/sx) are also different concerning the strenght of their "sp" or "sx"
    So you might be someone with a strong first instinct and a weak second instinct.
    I don't agree with the unhealthy aspects of Sp for myself I do aggree with the unhealthy aspects of sx. Does that change things?
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with the unhealthy aspects of Sp for myself I do aggree with the unhealthy aspects of sx. Does that change things?
    Not necessarily. I just thought you might be So last and was unsure if Sx/Sp or Sp/sx. which unhealthy aspects do you mean? (source?)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not necessarily. I just thought you might be So last and was unsure if Sx/Sp or Sp/sx. which unhealthy aspects do you mean? (source?)
    In the link that you sent me it lists aspects about each type and among them is an "unhealthy" description
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In the summary section:

coping methods (unhealthy) - over-stocking, overbuying, overeating, overpurging, oversleeping, undersleeping, overindulging in aesthetics or comfort foods, mistreatment of comfort and security as is skewed by the secondary instinct
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also I do not related to the So unhealthy section. I do very strongly relate to this:

coping methods (unhealthy) - scattered attention, lack of focus, sexual promiscuity, intensely avoiding intense experiences and connections with a fearful and dysfunctional attitude toward sex, intimacy, and other intense "completing" experiences, as is skewed by the secondary instinct

Not the sexual promiscuity part just being scattered brained. I try to get organized but it's not enough to
    -

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with the unhealthy aspects of Sp for myself I do agree with the unhealthy aspects of sx. Does that change things?
    https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/two-stacks/ This might help. I've found it useful to look at the stackings specific for the type.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maritsa for some reason i thought you could be sp-last. you are intense, but don't give off the insular, withdrawn, self-absorbed kind of vibe that i associate with sp/sx. i'm not that great at typing other's instincts though.

how well do you identify with sx/so and so/sx?

sx/so
    Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention.
    This is the type that exudes the most raw charisma and sexual energy. They may identify so strongly with whatever they're involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change. Hardly content with the status quo, this sub-variant seeks to alter the fundamental structure of something while at once embodying it's purest or most extreme form. Possibly attracted to radical views on politics, philosophy, spirituality or creativity that reflect their penchant for testing boundaries. They enjoy pushing other's buttons, especially those resistant to their modes of expression. It's not uncommon for them to have a pet social, political or spiritual cause which they're able to support with heartfelt conviction. May exploit and seek to redefine sexuality to reflect their own colorful and uncertain understanding of it. While prone to exhibitionism, they are strongly attracted to grounding influences which can anchor them and provide stability. Failure to satisfy an especially intense desire for connection may cause this sub-variant to spite others at the risk of jeopardizing the need for an equal, stabilizing force. Can feel pulled between wanting a life of maximum intensity and reassuring episodes of peaceful convention.

• Expression: intense, outer-focused
    • Energy: intense energy expressed outwards, assertively
    • Behavior: intense, assertive, sultry and aggressive
    • Mindset: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
    • Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to build their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others for the sake of their primary concern of seeking intense connections and experiences, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the body's need for food or sleep, or of the need to accumulate wealth for reasons of security, or of the need to manage time or resources to establish an orderly lifestyle.

so/sx
    Motivation: to create lasting connections with those they are interested in - the "best friend."
    This type has very strong one to one social skills, but is usually uncomfortable in group settings. They enjoy cultivating multiple relationships, and can be intensely involved when in the presence of someone they are interested in, but have difficulty sustaining these bonds when apart. This may give the impression of being flighty and rootless, willing to adapt and mirror others in order to connect, but lacking a defined approach that would give their relationships a more solid standing. They may have political interests, but are generally more pragmatic and less partisan than the other social variant. They are often attuned to pop culture and the latest trends.

• Expression: bright smiley, intense expression
    • Energy: outward energy expressed intensely, broadly
    • Behavior: bright, smiley, erratic and scattered
    • Mindset: "If I can get close to people with merging/intensity, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."
    • Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to seek intense connections and experiences for the sake of their primary concern of building their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the body's need for food or sleep, or of the need to accumulate wealth for reasons of security, or of the need to manage time or resources to establish an orderly lifestyle.
    Last edited by glam; 10-07-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my gut reaction was sp-last and maybe sx/so, but after seeing the sp/sx responses i started second guessing.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    my gut reaction was sp-last and maybe sx/so, but after seeing the sp/sx responses i started second guessing.
    No, think sx first actually makes sense. Just because someone needs and wants stability doesn't mean they make it a priority to create it (or are particularly good at it). I thought sp first because Maritsa seems to want stability, but I think sx first would explain the type of intensity she has. I would probably say sx/sp > sx/so.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So the question becomes whether it is sx or so first right?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sorry I meant sp
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok after considering it it is sp/sx
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    No, think sx first actually makes sense. Just because someone needs and wants stability doesn't mean they make it a priority to create it (or are particularly good at it). I thought sp first because Maritsa seems to want stability, but I think sx first would explain the type of intensity she has. I would probably say sx/sp > sx/so.
    May not seem that way on the net. I don't feel that that is reality
    -

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Maritsa if you're sp/sx, do you think the descriptions of sp/sx's direction of energy and Contra-flow fits?

Flow of Instinctual Energies & Compatibility

When we invest our energy, most of it is devoted to fulfillment of our primary instinct. The remaining energy radiates or flows onto the secondary instinct and finally onto the last instinct, which receives the smallest share. There are two possible configurations or directions for this flow. In first configuration, energy is invested in the order of sx→sp→so→sx. This direction gives rise to three stackings: sx/sp, sp/so, so/sx. In the second configuration, energy is invested in the order of sx→so→sp→sx, which gives rise to the other three stackings: sx/so, so/sp and sp/sx.

Syn-flow: sp → so → sx → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/so → so/sx → sx/sp → sp/so
    Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.

Contra-flow: sp → sx → so → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/sx → sx/so → so/sp → sp/sx
    Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.

The two flows move in the opposite directions. This antithesis can be seen if the instinctual stackings are compared in pairs:

so/sx - including, associating, affiliating, networking, incorporating, interconnecting, introducing, unifying, linking, bonding, annexing, cooperating, receiving
    sx/so - excluding, eliminating, dividing, separating, contradicting, subverting, confronting, rebuffing, ridiculing, challenging, interrupting, reforming, rupturing

sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting
    sp/sx - dulling, calming, quieting, grounding, descending, lowering, dampening, numbing, desensitizing, exhausting, deadening, extinguishing, making still

sp/so - conserving, protecting, maintaining, preserving, supplying, repairing, sustaining, stewarding
    so/sp - utilizing, employing, implementing, expending, exercising, spending, capitalizing, expropriating

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You actively involve yourself in other people's lives very frequently, and you constantly express these interactions on the forums. You're always talking about these two people you know in a relationship, or someone who's having issues with a coworker, or something along those lines. I can't imagine an sp/sx would either instinctively care so much about the well-being of their acquaintanceship or broadcast your observations about these relationships to strangers on the internet.

I stand by so/sx for you on that basis.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    You actively involve yourself in other people's lives very frequently, and you constantly express these interactions on the forums. You're always talking about these two people you know in a relationship, or someone who's having issues with a coworker, or something along those lines. I can't imagine an sp/sx would either instinctively care so much about the well-being of their acquaintanceship or broadcast your observations about these relationships to strangers on the internet.

I stand by so/sx for you on that basis.
    I found a post from you a long time ago sp/sx. I agree with that one. I observe people's interactions and use their example
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a post from you a long time ago sp/sx. I agree with that one. I observe people's interactions and use their example
    What do you mean by this?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you mean by this?
    I found a post where you typed me sp/sx
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a post where you typed me sp/sx
    That post was wrong, you are not sp/sx. Absolutely so > sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't agree with the unhealthy aspects
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I will wait a year and consider it and maybe your mind will change again
    -

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ok after considering it it is sp/sx
    do you relate to this after all then? i.e. when you are feeling stressed are you over-supplying for yourself and your loved ones?

SP-first coping methods (unhealthy) - over-stocking, overbuying, overeating, overpurging, oversleeping, undersleeping, overindulging in aesthetics or comfort foods, mistreatment of comfort and security as is skewed by the secondary instinct

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I guess I'm sx first
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll reread everything here and discuss it with my cousin. No decision yes
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway... I think the enneagramm is a quite helpful tool. Nevertheless I think instincts are not the most beneficial parts of the enneagramm. I for myself feel all three instincts in me even though one might be stronger than the other. If I observe other people I come to the conclusion that people who I consider average to healthy don't have a very evident "inferior" instinct.

But that's just my opinion on the subject and I know almost all gurus would probably disagree.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not apropos of Maritsa's type, but about syn- and contra-flow. How does it make sense that approximately half of humanity are "seething, belligerent outsiders"? I don't think society would function* that were the case. Or are these descriptions supposed to be hyperbolic?

*You can argue that society doesn't function very well, and I won't disagree, but by definition, I don't see how such a large percentage of people can be seen as outsiders. Look around at all the sheeple.