User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Hi!

  1. #1
    jaein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA,Midwest
    TIM
    Eii
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hi!

    Hi everyone! Im a socionics novice(does it go any lower?),im still getting a grasp on the functions then hopefully I'll be able to pinpoint my type. I can't wait to learn from the best and the brightest here at 16types.

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi. Funny enough the person in your avatar is a J type. Welcome

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't know. Maybe that's not really her just a representative.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,099
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you want opinions about your type I recommend you to make the video
    Last edited by Sol; 10-10-2015 at 12:13 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  5. #5
    hatesyardwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA
    TIM
    Gamma
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    "The Video". Sounds ominous, but, I just might. The thought of posting a video is embarrassing(?). We'll see. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Welcome
    A video will interest many, but is probably not definitive of type.........there will be many opinions. I posted one and the opinions are interesting, but all different. I am apparently some kind of introverted logical........all 4 introverted types are attributed to me in various opinions. Your avatar.......I had never heard of this woman, interesting, I will look her up. Knowledge is power, a video is a waste of time. Be yourself and find your own way. Welcome

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    256
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    "Hypatia- Philosopher, astronomer, mathematician, inventor of the astrolabe, advocate against religious repression and violence. Fearing her strong feminism, intellect, political power and influence, early christians stripped her naked, dragged her body through the street, and stoned her to death. The mob then burned her body along with the first university and largest library of the time. Most of her work has been lost."

    I just saw the artwork on pinterest and loved it. I wasnt aware of the backstory. Do you know her exact type?
    Hypatia was probably an NT type. If Wikipedia can be trusted, my guess would be ENTP since she seemed to enjoy being in the public sphere where she would challenge the conventions of her day and being something of an entertainer with her "satanic wiles".

  7. #7
    jaein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA,Midwest
    TIM
    Eii
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hatesyardwork View Post
    Welcome
    A video will interest many, but is probably not definitive of type.........there will be many opinions. I posted one and the opinions are interesting, but all different. I am apparently some kind of introverted logical........all 4 introverted types are attributed to me in various opinions. Your avatar.......I had never heard of this woman, interesting, I will look her up. Knowledge is power, a video is a waste of time. Be yourself and find your own way. Welcome
    Thank you! So im guessing a video wouldn't even narrow it down right? I saw that there was a 'whats my type' questionnaire, could that be useful?
    Last edited by jaein; 10-07-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: double quote

  8. #8
    hatesyardwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA
    TIM
    Gamma
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    Thank you! So im guessing a video wouldn't even narrow it down right? I saw that there was a 'whats my type' questionnaire, could that be useful?
    No people think your video is definitive. They don't know you, or how you are IRL but the video is..............typology DNA. They are still arguing on my type in my video 5 weeks in..........and again I am identified as ALL logical introverts, all different opinions.....LII ILI SLI and LS, and I lead with all the dominant functions of all logical introverts........don't waste your time. I claimed a type...... "Your video suggests you are not......" It's masturbation........ nonsense. Make your claim and post on threads, don't post a video just because you are new, every video post here is contentious.

  9. #9
    hatesyardwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA
    TIM
    Gamma
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This may sound hypocritical, but I told you about claiming a type and hearing all the arguments and finding the arguments useless........... but a few people have suggested I am actually extroverted from my video, and to be honest, they may have a point unlike some other opinions. The extroverted Gamma NT actually fits me very well, I had never even considered it, feeling I was an introvert, but the description is pretty accurate. Socionics has a different take on introversion and extroversion based on sociability, which has me leaning to an extroverted as very possible so I must admit there has been something positive from my video post. I wish you luck with whatever you do.

  10. #10
    jaein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA,Midwest
    TIM
    Eii
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hatesyardwork View Post
    This may sound hypocritical, but I told you about claiming a type and hearing all the arguments and finding the arguments useless........... but a few people have suggested I am actually extroverted from my video, and to be honest, they may have a point unlike some other opinions. The extroverted Gamma NT actually fits me very well, I had never even considered it, feeling I was an introvert, but the description is pretty accurate. Socionics has a different take on introversion and extroversion based on sociability, which has me leaning to an extroverted as very possible so I must admit there has been something positive from my video post. I wish you luck with whatever you do.
    Thank you again! Ill definitely consider it. What cases did they make for you being an extrovert if you dont mind my asking

  11. #11
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    Hi everyone! Im a socionics novice(does it go any lower?)
    Yes; there are those who are sure they know a lot but don't know how much they don't know, so they are much more problematic than this.

    ,im still getting a grasp on the functions then hopefully I'll be able to pinpoint my type. I can't wait to learn from the best and the brightest here at 16types.
    Good luck.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •