I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Default Cults

When I was young I used to think it would be fun to start a cult. I don't know if it ever fully passed.

But I have wondered what kind of people would like to start a cult. I kind of figured I would use charismatic
    leadership.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    When I was young I used to think it would be fun to start a cult. I don't know if it ever fully passed.

But I have wondered what kind of people would like to start a cult. I kind of figured I would use charismatic
    leadership.
    The part about charismatic leadership sounds EIE. Just look at H****R and his cult.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Any extrovert who looks at collective society and majority rules to be important... SEE LSE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done a bit of reading about Scientology for over the years, and it seems LRH started Scientology simply as a profit making venture. He equated prophet with profit. He had something of that stereotypical ESTp showman quality about him, had no qualms with creating obviously unethical practices. I think you can break cult leaders down into a few groups:

1. Those looking just to fleece their flock. These would be people like LRH.

2. Those who have a narcissistic need to be worshipped and control people.

3. Those with a genuine spiritual outlook that they want to share and promote. (I'm guessing these are actually the rarest)

4. Someone with a combination of the above traits.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've always wanted my own cult but the problem with me is that I'm a behind-the-scenes kind of person who isn't into marketing like LRH who is amazing at it. I would start a cult yesterday if I had will power to make a centric idea and influence plan and travel everywhere telling people about it. I really just want to lay in bed and eat chocolate ice cream in my pjs
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I see it now...MARITSAN'S GATEWAY
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post

leadership.
    don't you have one already?