Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Fe 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation MBTI: Bias Typing vs Butthurt typing ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

In this video I'm talking about bias typing vs butthurt typing, two widespread fenomenons that plague MBTI communities everywhere.
    If on one side I am partially in favor (if not even in favor) of bias typing, I have to admit my absolute amusement in front of butthurt typing.
    Anyway, a message to newbs: don't be sidetracked by butthurt typing, being offended by something doesn't make you a feeler nor any other type and what butthurt typers say is not even offensive, it's mostly hollow ad hominem.

https://youtu.be/A8ieenwOSg8

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Typing is a PITA, it shouldn't be taken seriously unless you are 100% transparent with your methodology and reasons. This is why I don't make lists or such.

I tend to go with simply informal typings 90% of the time. For me 10% of the time there are individuals who wrongly self-type either due to lack of self-knowledge or some need to maintain a certain self-image. These are touchy situations because it's almost impossible to convince this individual of their type and any attempt usually leads to conflict, but sometimes it's necessary to verbalize this so other people don't get confused about how a type should be. This can create conflict and there is usually limited success in convincing others but I think it still a necessary debate.

Typing is very limited reliability and objectivity in typology without a automated mechanism of analysis. If you are accurate it's perhaps personally usable but otherwise the diversity of opinion can be too confusing to be useful. Well developed individuals without heavy distortion of self-image are very easy to type however.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From the beginning I showed a talent for being able to type the big picture all at once (socionics, enneagram, stacking). It was insane. Because when I first started posting I only knew stuff like "you're a joke". I got put on moderated user hardly had i even shown up and then a one day ban for calling eliza a name. Absurd even said once to me something like "where the hell did you come from....weren't you the guy that was banned" meaning the 1 day ban back in the day. This around the time I got thread banned by Kim and then argued my way back onto getting the ban lifted so I could return to the thread and finish things off. I was so far away from this place. I had no idea that I would someday rise up like that. Hell, my dominance over enneagram also includes trifix and stacking. If you told me I would do that at the time, I would've been like Hell NO, I'm all set with 16types and you couldn't pay me money to stick around. I think it's just in my blood or something. Like how some people have a special ear for music. I have it for your personality types.

All that "butt hurt typing" stuff is trivial to me. A lot of the people out there like that are still trying to figure out what type is, understand it, discuss it. I’m at a level beyond that. Ten levels beyond it. After I crushed Absurd, I put together the most comprehensive enneagram type list I think in this forum’s history (The List) and definitely the most comprehensively accurate enneagram type list. I wasn't supposed to be the one to make the list but it didn't turn out that way. It just clicks for anybody looking at the list honestly and contains history for those that were here for a certain period of the board. When Mens asked me to elaborate on my typing of him I had a lengthy argument to make, of distinctions that you won't find on any of the cheesy tests. And some people are still trying to figure out how I made it all come together like that, others trying to duplicate its success. Nobody thought it would be me to do the premier pinnacle list encapsulating all the periods since 16types' inception. I guess, I was the one. It's still not a 100 percent comprehensive. There's still 2w1 sx/so I don't have a template example for, and a few others, but that will eventually be filled.

I haven't come across many genuinely well-developed people. Those that claim to be well-developed usually have more layers in hell to fall through before finding bottom. Certainly there's no question that being well-develped is the most common self-image people are out there trying to maintain ('the adult,' for example). the more well-developed a person is the less invested/interested they are in being well-developed. A truly, but rare, well developed person would be the hardest to type in both the enneagram and socionics. Its like that Tolstoy line all happy families look the same. Each enneagram type has a cognitive distortion...and the more metastasized that distortion is the easier it is to see. Socionic types are based on cognition, but within that cognition there is a PoLr that makes the individual wholly incompetent when it comes to cognizing certain areas. This would be presumably more balanced out in a well developed person and thus making them harder to identify. Enneagrammatically, well-developed people are usually 3w2s that excel at presenting themselves as healthy and competent. 1w9s can get pretty bent on being well-developed. What's well-developed for a 3 will depend upon what the culture values and what's well-developed for a 1w9 will be based more in their own principles. 1w9s will also look for ways to drop the punitive 'ban hammer' on those that come in as poorly developed according to those principles.

Bad news is every board has its village quacks. That goes without saying. This board is no exception and has had a few in the field of typing: silke in the enneagram and maritsa in socionics. They studied in the same school under the tutelage of grandmaster quack. Silke is the maritsa of enneagram and maritsa is the silke of socionics. Both are INFj. Both are double daddies (enneagram 1 and 2 are the daddy triad). Both are plagued by the same literalness that renders them horrendously incompetent at typing both celebrities and board members. And Maritsa has correctly typed me in socionics. So you know I’m not saying this about her because I want to get her back. This is bigger than any one typing. It’s a really interesting situation when you have two people one step away from running around the board trying to argue with people about what their astrology sign is. Minde hardly ever posts here. Thanks to silke the enneagram sub-forum here is now the enneaspam sub-forum. The double orientation to father makes them significantly handicapped at grasping the types in real time.

Good news is the list lays out a basic template that can be used for typing anybody’s enneagram anywhere — specifically, people on other boards. The list can be found in my archives. When you read those members read them under the types that I have designated them as on the list and you will gain deeper, realistic insights into the types. They are the prototypes for that particular type. All knowledge about that type branches out from them. Not only does the list get used to type new members arriving here at the board, but you and others from other boards can now use the list to attempt to type others on any typology board once you have a better sense for those members' personalities. Maybe you'll want to look at opportunities for retyping these butt hurt typers. I have a feeling a lot of them are themselves mistyped. I’ve impregnated the forum with my seed through a multiplicity of examples and pioneered some essential shortcuts for typing (along with a plethora of examples). Ultimately, all the typology forums need to be rebuilt around the list any thing that gets in the way of the list, torn down.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There are 2 main types of typing: correct typing and incorrect typing. For 1st is important to know correctly own type.

> being offended by something doesn't make you a feeler

As types have weak regions, there is what hurts you more and hence this may be useful for typing. For example, feeling types don't like more than T types criticism about their general mental abbilities as our culture associates them with T region mostly.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    From the beginning I showed a talent for being able to type the big picture all at once (socionics, enneagram, stacking). It was insane. Because when I first started posting I only knew stuff like "you're a joke". I got put on moderated user hardly had i even shown up and then a one day ban for calling eliza a name. Absurd even said once to me something like "where the hell did you come from....weren't you the guy that was banned" meaning the 1 day ban back in the day. This around the time I got thread banned by Kim and then argued my way back onto getting the ban lifted so I could return to the thread and finish things off. I was so far away from this place. I had no idea that I would someday rise up like that. Hell, my dominance over enneagram also includes trifix and stacking. If you told me I would do that at the time, I would've been like Hell NO, I'm all set with 16types and you couldn't pay me money to stick around. I think it's just in my blood or something. Like how some people have a special ear for music. I have it for your personality types.

All that "butt hurt typing" stuff is trivial to me. A lot of the people out there like that are still trying to figure out what type is, understand it, discuss it. I’m at a level beyond that. Ten levels beyond it. After I crushed Absurd, I put together the most comprehensive enneagram type list I think in this forum’s history (The List) and definitely the most comprehensively accurate enneagram type list. I wasn't supposed to be the one to make the list but it didn't turn out that way. It just clicks for anybody looking at the list honestly and contains history for those that were here for a certain period of the board. When Mens asked me to elaborate on my typing of him I had a lengthy argument to make, of distinctions that you won't find on any of the cheesy tests. And some people are still trying to figure out how I made it all come together like that, others trying to duplicate its success. Nobody thought it would be me to do the premier pinnacle list encapsulating all the periods since 16types' inception. I guess, I was the one. It's still not a 100 percent comprehensive. There's still 2w1 sx/so I don't have a template example for, and a few others, but that will eventually be filled.

I haven't come across many genuinely well-developed people. Those that claim to be well-developed usually have more layers in hell to fall through before finding bottom. Certainly there's no question that being well-develped is the most common self-image people are out there trying to maintain ('the adult,' for example). the more well-developed a person is the less invested/interested they are in being well-developed. A truly, but rare, well developed person would be the hardest to type in both the enneagram and socionics. Its like that Tolstoy line all happy families look the same. Each enneagram type has a cognitive distortion...and the more metastasized that distortion is the easier it is to see. Socionic types are based on cognition, but within that cognition there is a PoLr that makes the individual wholly incompetent when it comes to cognizing certain areas. This would be presumably more balanced out in a well developed person and thus making them harder to identify. Enneagrammatically, well-developed people are usually 3w2s that excel at presenting themselves as healthy and competent. 1w9s can get pretty bent on being well-developed. What's well-developed for a 3 will depend upon what the culture values and what's well-developed for a 1w9 will be based more in their own principles. 1w9s will also look for ways to drop the punitive 'ban hammer' on those that come in as poorly developed according to those principles.

Bad news is every board has its village quacks. That goes without saying. This board is no exception and has had a few in the field of typing: silke in the enneagram and maritsa in socionics. They studied in the same school under the tutelage of grandmaster quack. Silke is the maritsa of enneagram and maritsa is the silke of socionics. Both are INFj. Both are double daddies (enneagram 1 and 2 are the daddy triad). Both are plagued by the same literalness that renders them horrendously incompetent at typing both celebrities and board members. And Maritsa has correctly typed me in socionics. So you know I’m not saying this about her because I want to get her back. This is bigger than any one typing. It’s a really interesting situation when you have two people one step away from running around the board trying to argue with people about what their astrology sign is. Minde hardly ever posts here. Thanks to silke the enneagram sub-forum here is now the enneaspam sub-forum. The double orientation to father makes them significantly handicapped at grasping the types in real time.

Good news is the list lays out a basic template that can be used for typing anybody’s enneagram anywhere — specifically, people on other boards. The list can be found in my archives. When you read those members read them under the types that I have designated them as on the list and you will gain deeper, realistic insights into the types. They are the prototypes for that particular type. All knowledge about that type branches out from them. Not only does the list get used to type new members arriving here at the board, but you and others from other boards can now use the list to attempt to type others on any typology board once you have a better sense for those members' personalities. Maybe you'll want to look at opportunities for retyping these butt hurt typers. I have a feeling a lot of them are themselves mistyped. I’ve impregnated the forum with my seed through a multiplicity of examples and pioneered some essential shortcuts for typing (along with a plethora of examples). Ultimately, all the typology forums need to be rebuilt around the list any thing that gets in the way of the list, torn down.
    Good, mr.talented. Do me and let's see how well you fare. I think that you have absolutely everything you need regarding me so it should be a quickie and so easy. I am really interested and no I don't care if you use harsh language or whatever. But please don't just copypaste what's written in TIM field . Thanks!

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Good, mr.talented. Do me and let's see how well you fare. I think that you have absolutely everything you need regarding me so it should be a quickie and so easy. I am really interested and no I don't care if you use harsh language or whatever. But please don't just copypaste what's written in TIM field . Thanks!
    He's just narcissistic, lol. He doesn't type people better than anyone else on average. But I'll be curious what crazy suggestion he'll have for you lol

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    He's just narcissistic, lol. He doesn't type people better than anyone else on average. But I'll be curious what crazy suggestion he'll have for you lol
    I am not supposed to comment you know because I could shoot myself here. But I trust you know what I meant when I posted this.

TIM
    IEI-Fe 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG That Se xD ahah!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts highly appreciated!

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, and discredit typings. This is a biggie. On any board like 16types, you're going to have the originals from back in the day who put something down (a legacy, let's say) that some others then want to protect in later periods of the board. I call these later people the gatekeepers (And of course, some gate keepers can be serving their own past contributions). I’m identifying here a particular bias, which may or may not be consciously intended. For somebody to get a discredit typing two things are usually present. The person is an NT. And the person has to seem ambitious and highly capable in the area of wanting to make individual contributions in the area of socionics. If those criteria are present, then the gatekeepers will almost instinctively give that person a standard knee-jerk discredit type.

For ILEs, the standard discredit typing is SLE. For ILI, the standard discredit typing is ILE. For LII, the standard discredit typing is EII and/or IEI (if they have good chemistry with SLE that can make IEI a better, more believable choice for a discredit typing than EII). I don't know the one for LIE. Scapegrace, for example, didn’t catch a discredit typing because she didn’t meet both criteria, whereas mu4 met both criteria so he got the standard ILE. Even though ILE is NT, it’s the least intellectually credible among the NT tetrad and the closest you can come to discrediting an INTp without losing believability.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 10-08-2015 at 08:17 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Oh, and discredit typings. This is a biggie. On any board like 16types, you're going to have the originals from back in the day who put something down (a legacy, let's say) that some others then want to protect in later periods of the board. I call these later people the gatekeepers (And of course, some gate keepers can be serving their own past contributions). I’m identifying here a particular bias, which may or may not be consciously intended. For somebody to get a discredit typing two things are usually present. The person is an NT. And the person has to seem ambitious and highly capable in the area of wanting to make individual contributions in the area of socionics. If those criteria are present, then the gatekeepers will almost instinctively give that person a standard knee-jerk discredit type.

For ILEs, the standard discredit typing is SLE. For ILI, the standard discredit typing is ILE. For LII, the standard discredit typing is EII and/or IEI (if they have good chemistry with SLE that can make IEI a better, more believable choice for a discredit typing than EII). I don't know the one for LIE. Scapegrace, for example, didn’t catch a discredit typing because she didn’t meet both criteria, whereas mu4 met both criteria so he got the standard ILE. Even though ILE is NT, it’s the least intellectually credible among the NT tetrad and the closest you can come to discrediting an INTp without losing believability.
    Lol you typing @mu4 as ILI is ridiculous again.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(enneagram 1 and 2 are the daddy triad).
    A triad by definition has three items in it and this is only two. Is there another type in your 'daddy' triad or is it a duad?

You can't really have duads in enneagram, though, because it has 9 types. So you would have 3 duads and a triad? Or a couple of types that belong in more than one duad, which doesn't seem right. Hm.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Humm
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Kill4Me See if you can type me accurately. Or am I not worth your time?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha, i'm curious too how you'd type me @Kill4Me

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)