This is in part influenced by dolphin's article http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ion-by-dolphin
Three anecdotes:
1. I have, at different times in my life, experienced a sort of feeling of being thrown into the past; something triggers a memory, and in that moment my entire state of self at the memory's point of time and at the present state sort of 'mesh' and compare themselves. And I am in awe and wordless. It is very difficult to describe due to its intensity--it is almost spiritual. It is as if I remembered who I was at that time, in all my human complexity of feelings and aspirations and fears, and then I see how far time has brought me, and how different it is from what I expected, and how much I have seen and learned, etc.
2. Once, an EIE friend of mine, after we shared in a fit of laughter because another friend didn't know the meaning of a common word or something, he excitedly remarked how "this is, like, an _event_. like, we're going to say 'remember that time bob did blah?'" He was certainly right, and I felt it too, and I thought it was cool he pointed it out, like he 'gets' it.
3. Recently, I was having a conversation with an LSI family member. She was describing how she felt at the time of a certain calamity: she described it as something like imagining herself in the future, looking back at this event with significance, as where it all began. She is married to an EIE and they certainly have discussed this topic already.

I am asking if anyone can report similar tendencies with how the concept of time factors into certain emotional experiences. My hypothesis would be: for Betas, the connection between present events/actions and the future state is especially emotionally salient, demonstrated by emotionally charged 'visions' of the future; for Deltas, the connection between the past state and the current state is important, but it is the causal chain implied by contrast between the states that is the most emotionally salient--this is the Delta 'vision' of the past. ST descriptions may vary.
As for Alphas and Gammas? Please illuminate me!