Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Drugs and type

  1. #1
    Chakram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Drugs and type

    So I just thought of this last night and wanted to throw it out there. I was talking to my friend and telling him that I thought the universe was an infinite loop and then we were discussing things related to that for a little, and he said that this sounded like something his old friends and such would talk about after smoking weed, whereas I had noticed more of a sensorial enhancement on my side of the table and less thinking abstract. So I was thinking maybe drugs such as weed would actively suppress the more favored functions and enhance the usage of the lesser, namely 3rd and 4th functions. Although it would probably be in a more exaggerated way. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Weed kicks my Si into overdrive and I can feel every sensation amplified .I will just focus on my sensations, plus it makes me paranoid so I have to be in a darkened room and I don't want anyone to look at me. I don't really like it. I have noticed that some SLE can get all philosophical and start talking about the big picture and how things fit together in the grand scheme of things while smoking and make sense. Fi base can actually focus on their Se more which will make me even more paranoid since they express it with strong Fe like they never noticed before. lol

    I watched an EII and SLE talk, like the heavens had parted, and they truly understood each other for hours. It was fascinating. When the weed wore off things went back to normal and they didn't pay each other much attention after.

    This is far from evidence though and only for weed.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-27-2015 at 08:47 PM. Reason: typo

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  3. #3
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You'll get mostly anecdotal evidence here, I suppose. I can't tolerate weed too well. What happens is that I can't tell where any of the information I'm taking in is coming from. I also will start to shake and get really paranoid, and the information with no origin contains my "real" feelings, presenting themselves for examination and making me very upset.

    Last couple of times I did it, with an ISFp friend of mine who's a daily smoker, I told myself that my strategy was going to be I would acknowledge and not try to control all the feelings that might come up. That I might feel things I don't want to, or "see" things I don't normally want to, and it's okay.

    It helped a lot to go in with a plan, but it's more like a drug I'd take to try to train myself to be a different, more flowing, more tolerant and laid-back person than I am. Not something for pleasure.

    Pleasure is beer or tequila, heroic doses of coffee, and back when I smoked nicotine ahhhhhhh I loved that. If I live to be 70 I'm going to start smoking a pack a day at that point just because why the fuck not.

    And feeling is def not my 3rd or 4th function.

  4. #4
    Chakram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yea I mean I don't really have a foundation for this, just an idea that seemed like it could possibly show something(thought probably not). Maybe it depends on whether its enjoyed or just makes someone really paranoid.

  5. #5
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Weed kicks my Si into overdrive and I can feel every sensation amplified .I will just focus on my sensations, plus it makes me paranoid so I have to be in a darkened room and I don't want anyone to look at me. I don't really like it. I have noticed that some SLE can get all philosophical and start talking about the big picture and how things fit together in the grand scheme of things while smoking and make sense. Fi base can actually focus on their Se more which will make me even more paranoid since they express it with strong Fe like they never noticed before. lol

    I watched an EII and SLE talk, like the heavens had parted, and they truly understood each other for hours. It was fascinating. When the weed wore off things went back to normal and they didn't pay each other much attention after.

    This is far from evidence though and only for weed.
    i've noticed weed can do what you were mentioning with the too. or it can enhance my perceived . mainly i've found that i can direct what it does. it's just that once you start in one direction, it keeps building. so for instance, the time i had a total panic attack on it, it was because i was aware of every little reality-byte of my panic, which naturally only made me panic more, and then i was aware of that more intense panic, and it got way out of control. but now i know whatever way you go, it's mainly that weed is slowing down perception so you can "see" every thought passing, every feeling passing, every sensation... whatever... in really slow motion. and whatever i choose to focus on is what ends up building. changing direction can be difficult though because the passage of time becomes so sluggish. so it takes more effort/focus to change the "trip" when you have to wade through each heavy moment like that. (not to say weed only slows everything down... my bad trip was a bizarre combination of half of everything going too fast and half of everything going too slow, overlayed on top of one another, and it was incredibly jarring).
    Last edited by inumbra; 09-28-2015 at 03:15 AM. Reason: finished

  6. #6
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    No I can't really say that's the case. Certain activities are more enhanced: writing, playing first person shooters, making funny caricatures of Russian and Irish people, and well, hm, you know,

    Writing is always an intuitive activity for me and still is. First Person Shooters, that's more slow patient Ti use(or at least being able to slow down the situation mentally), maybe Se. Doing accents and caricatures...Fe and Ne maybe. Enhancement of pleasure...body sense, not function related, since it's not like a 'whole being' kind of thing, only with specific things.
    salmon

  7. #7
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    No I can't really say that's the case. Certain activities are more enhanced: writing, playing first person shooters, making funny caricatures of Russian and Irish people, and well, hm, you know,

    Writing is always an intuitive activity for me and still is. First Person Shooters, that's more slow patient Ti use(or at least being able to slow down the situation mentally), maybe Se. Doing accents and caricatures...Fe and Ne maybe. Enhancement of pleasure...body sense, not function related, since it's not like a 'whole being' kind of thing, only with specific things.
    well, my experience is different. it's mainly that the flow of my perception, which is a sea of thoughts, images, realizations (even if they're simple ones often) slows and it's like i can actually just watch them as a film in slow motion. the enhancing of sensation, when that has happened, has been i think the same thing... it's that everything has slowed because awareness on it has been heightened, which is why it ends up becoming more intense. the increasing of intensity has to do with increased awareness. i still haven't put the whole thing together, but since i can control what it does, i know i'm not terribly off. it's the flow of your thoughts that determines what it will do.

    activities are secondary. sometimes i do things when high, like write or watch something or read, but being high often saps my ability to do much because everything feels soooo slow. i think the time i tried playing a video game, it didn't work so well. i wondered if it would enhance my performance, but i think i just got lost in a trance and my character died. anyway i'm sure there are numerous factors that influence how it all goes, including even what kind of weed and whether smoked or ingested and your mood and whatever... it's not the same way every time... but i have noticed these similarities where i can affect the direction it goes. but what i meant was, i'm not really talking about activities but the flows of mental perception, and beneath the thought/image flow intertwined with its emotional flow, is a sensory flow.

    so, it's like, choose your own adventure.

    eta: and also it will affect people differently, making it more difficult to track down. (had to state the obvious...)
    Last edited by inumbra; 09-28-2015 at 03:37 AM.

  8. #8
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    well, my experience is different. it's mainly that the flow of my perception, which is a sea of thoughts, images, realizations (even if they're simple ones often) slows and it's like i can actually just watch them as a film in slow motion. the enhancing of sensation, when that has happened, has been i think the same thing... it's that everything has slowed because awareness on it has been heightened, which is why it ends up becoming more intense. the increasing of intensity has to do with increased awareness. i still haven't put the whole thing together, but since i can control what it does, i know i'm not terribly off. it's the flow of your thoughts that determines what it will do.

    activities are secondary. sometimes i do things when high, like write or watch something or read, but being high often saps my ability to do much because everything feels soooo slow. i think the time i tried playing a video game, it didn't work so well. i wondered if it would enhance my performance, but i think i just got lost in a trance and my character died. anyway i'm sure there are numerous factors that influence how it all goes, including even what kind of weed and whether smoked or ingested and your mood and whatever... it's not the same way every time... but i have noticed these similarities where i can affect the direction it goes. but what i meant was, i'm not really talking about activities but the flows of mental perception, and beneath the thought/image flow intertwined with its emotional flow, is a sensory flow.

    so, it's like, choose your own adventure.
    So, I have had a slightly-related experience with sativa, which is the "upper" variant. I did not really experience an enhanced awareness of my flow of thoughts, in fact, they got out of control. And it wasn't so much that I was seeing everything, it's that I was getting hung onto irrational thoughts that made zero sense and they would spiral out of control to where the thought "green plants buzzing in shower" would make me paranoid that the cops were going to bust in and rip me from the shower.

    That was only a few times. Other than that, I just kind of feel good, have the effects I mentioned earlier, and have reality feel like a syrupy goodness in the outer sense as opposed to the inner sense. The things in my environment take on the enhancement as opposed to my mind. They did not really do so in a way that sensory signifies in socionics, but sucked me in and I was still flowing around mentally like I normally do, with some eccentricities of course.
    salmon

  9. #9
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    So, I have had a slightly-related experience with sativa, which is the "upper" variant. I did not really experience an enhanced awareness of my flow of thoughts, in fact, they got out of control. And it wasn't so much that I was seeing everything, it's that I was getting hung onto irrational thoughts that made zero sense and they would spiral out of control to where the thought "green plants buzzing in shower" would make me paranoid that the cops were going to bust in and rip me from the shower.
    that sounds like it just went overboard. actually it reminds me of the time i had a panic attack.

    also, "awareness" maybe isn't the best word, since arguably one is less aware on drugs since the brain isn't working right anymore, which is what all these "fun effects" come from. but i couldn't think of a better word. i kind of think it messes with the perception/tracking of time/moments as well as inhibiting something that would keep you from becoming utterly engrossed. so you're stuck getting engrossed in everything, which could well lead to panic. but it *feels* like being more aware in the sense that you can watch things your mind is doing all the time, only now in slow motion, assuming you don't end up falling into an anxiety attack. so if you're deep in your thoughts, it feels like you can go even deeper.

    i don't know what causes the anxiety when that happens... part of it can be that even when not high i've noticed how my thoughts can ramp up anxiety. i've had panic attacks before, and generally they were caused by my own thoughts. in response to every thought, is an emotion; emotions create more thoughts which create more emotions, etc. but i wonder if sometimes these panic attacks with weed can happen because the dose is too high or something. and maybe the initial panic arises because somewhere you know something is wrong.

    after my total panic attack on it, i realized my thoughts were ramping it up, and that was how i realized that whatever my perception is, builds. so i try to not allow anxious thinking when high. if it starts up, i'll change my thoughts to something that isn't creating fear. it's just not always easy since sometimes reality doesn't feel right when high. like one time i felt like my head was in a box and it was pitch black on either side of it and i couldn't move my head. when something like that happens i find a thought tangent, and start going with it, because eventually whatever awful thing that is being experienced will stop thanks to my new focus. this keeps it from building into something worse, e.g. what if there are lions or snakes in the dark?

    but the point is that what is enhanced is what you're already doing. so my experiences on it aren't abnormal for me, but what my mind often is doing, only now in slow motion. nothing has changed really other than that time isn't passing right. this was what i noticed the first time i got high, when i didn't know what to expect, or even that i was high. i was watching the credits to a movie, and i noticed that they were traveling in time loops. shortly after, i realized that it wasn't the credits but that something was wrong with time. for some reason i'd mometarily forgotten about how weed scrambles logic and thinking until reading your last post - maybe that's why time might seem to be going in loops.

    i suppose one question about weed, which comes up eventually with any drug, is ultimately what is it really good for? i suppose i feel like i notice things in my perception and thoughts or things about others that i wouldn't have otherwise noticed. but it's equally possibe that every thought when you're high feels like a staggering revelation when it really isn't, and you would have thought that anyway (and more coherently) if sober.

    i remember an article about pot heads reporting they felt *so much more aware aware and in touch with the universe!* but more objective tests revealed that they became less aware the longer they were on weed. lol. which again fits with my theory. feeling revelatory? well, weed will really allow you to build on that feeling. give it an hour and you will feel like the most brilliant person who's ever lived.

    also from watching the show 'weeds' i remember that our um glorious anti-heroine would talk about "full-body highs" sometimes, which didn't make much sense to me at the time, until that first time that the sensations randomly were ramped up... then i realized *that* was what she'd been referring to. and that was how i realized there's a 'choose your own adventure' component to this.

    in short though, it's not like it's new or different, it's just your reality *is* your perception... and weed is enhancing what you already perceive. but your perception is multi-faceted, and weed can allow you to pull one thread of it out and become hyper-focused on it (there's an unraveling effect). whatever benefit that may provide (if any), i don't know. but while high, if it feels beneficial, then of course you'll start thinking more about how it is, become engrossed in that, and be utterly convinced. (or i will...)

  10. #10
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    that sounds like it just went overboard. actually it reminds me of the time i had a panic attack.

    also, "awareness" maybe isn't the best word, since arguably one is less aware on drugs since the brain isn't working right anymore, which is what all these "fun effects" come from. but i couldn't think of a better word. i kind of think it messes with the perception/tracking of time/moments as well as inhibiting something that would keep you from becoming utterly engrossed. so you're stuck getting engrossed in everything, which could well lead to panic. but it *feels* like being more aware in the sense that you can watch things your mind is doing all the time, only now in slow motion, assuming you don't end up falling into an anxiety attack. so if you're deep in your thoughts, it feels like you can go even deeper.

    i don't know what causes the anxiety when that happens... part of it can be that even when not high i've noticed how my thoughts can ramp up anxiety. i've had panic attacks before, and generally they were caused by my own thoughts. in response to every thought, is an emotion; emotions create more thoughts which create more emotions, etc. but i wonder if sometimes these panic attacks with weed can happen because the dose is too high or something. and maybe the initial panic arises because somewhere you know something is wrong.

    after my total panic attack on it, i realized my thoughts were ramping it up, and that was how i realized that whatever my perception is, builds. so i try to not allow anxious thinking when high. if it starts up, i'll change my thoughts to something that isn't creating fear. it's just not always easy since sometimes reality doesn't feel right when high. like one time i felt like my head was in a box and it was pitch black on either side of it and i couldn't move my head. when something like that happens i find a thought tangent, and start going with it, because eventually whatever awful thing that is being experienced will stop thanks to my new focus. this keeps it from building into something worse, e.g. what if there are lions or snakes in the dark?

    but the point is that what is enhanced is what you're already doing. so my experiences on it aren't abnormal for me, but what my mind often is doing, only now in slow motion. nothing has changed really other than that time isn't passing right. this was what i noticed the first time i got high, when i didn't know what to expect, or even that i was high. i was watching the credits to a movie, and i noticed that they were traveling in time loops. shortly after, i realized that it wasn't the credits but that something was wrong with time. for some reason i'd mometarily forgotten about how weed scrambles logic and thinking until reading your last post - maybe that's why time might seem to be going in loops.

    i suppose one question about weed, which comes up eventually with any drug, is ultimately what is it really good for? i suppose i feel like i notice things in my perception and thoughts or things about others that i wouldn't have otherwise noticed. but it's equally possibe that every thought when you're high feels like a staggering revelation when it really isn't, and you would have thought that anyway (and more coherently) if sober.

    i remember an article about pot heads reporting they felt *so much more aware aware and in touch with the universe!* but more objective tests revealed that they became less aware the longer they were on weed. lol. which again fits with my theory. feeling revelatory? well, weed will really allow you to build on that feeling. give it an hour and you will feel like the most brilliant person who's ever lived.

    also from watching the show 'weeds' i remember that our um glorious anti-heroine would talk about "full-body highs" sometimes, which didn't make much sense to me at the time, until that first time that the sensations randomly were ramped up... then i realized *that* was what she'd been referring to. and that was how i realized there's a 'choose your own adventure' component to this.

    in short though, it's not like it's new or different, it's just your reality *is* your perception... and weed is enhancing what you already perceive. but your perception is multi-faceted, and weed can allow you to pull one thread of it out and become hyper-focused on it (there's an unraveling effect). whatever benefit that may provide (if any), i don't know. but while high, if it feels beneficial, then of course you'll start thinking more about how it is, become engrossed in that, and be utterly convinced. (or i will...)
    Even though your thoughts while high are more likely to be wishful thinking than what you think while sober(I know it's like this for a lot of people, for me it's more like either I can think normally or I can't think at all and I sound like a blubbering idiot), that general sense that you get when formulating these thoughts is valuable, because it's a lot like someone bordering on being pedantic and revelatory in every day life: sure, what they're saying may be completely obvious, but there are times they will seem like a saint because what they chose to drone on about was exactly what you wanted to hear to orient yourself or get yourself in the right mood. When you're high, you probably do a lot more of this, because yeah, it's more fascinating or whatever. It's a shame when people can't tell whether it's bs or not though, because that little interest pump can be pretty productive for yourself if you're being careful.
    salmon

  11. #11
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    meh. i thought this was the other drug thread. but my answer would be i think it can "enhance" all the fcts, depending which one you focus on, or at least all the perceiving info elements? i should try all 8 next time, whenever that will be.

  12. #12
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    just posting this because thought it was interesting, im gunna try it the next time i have a problem from pot.

    http://cannabisdigest.ca/black-peppe...nabis-anxiety/

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,074
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some drugs reduce conscious. Hence weak functions probably become more active. At least alcohol give such effect. Weed probably have similar. Stimulators like caffeine, cocaine, amphetamine, etc probably give opposite effect - type's accentuation.

    namely 3rd and 4th functions
    5 and 6 too. all weak ones
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  14. #14
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Some drugs reduce conscious. Hence weak functions probably become more active. At least alcohol give such effect. Weed probably have similar. Stimulators like caffeine, cocaine, amphetamine, etc probably give opposite effect - type's accentuation.

    5 and 6 too. all weak ones
    i still really have to disagree with this. for instance, having observed people drunk or stoned - the former are often more emotionally uninhibited while the latter are often more emotionally detached (assuming not having an anxiety attack). the stereotype of a "pot head" is fairly consistent - not a lot of emotional output. so given that T or F functions will be found in everyone's weak blocks, it seems kind of ridiculous. ftr, alcohol makes me less emotionally (and otherwise) inhibited (but that's what it does to just about everyone if it doesn't just make them pass out). in any case, we don't even know what phenomena in the brain is producing these supposed "functions," however you can look up what areas of the brain different drugs inhibit:

    for example, http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddis...to-your-brain/

    i think both of these drugs badly affect one's ability to reason... so it's bad logic for everyone.

    although this does remind me of one person who seemed to always encounter some computer problem when high, and then would spend hours trying to solve it when he couldn't think properly. after finally giving up, he'd just flop down and stare off into space. i avoid solving technical problems if i'm on drugs. i know it will result in this kind of pointless bad mental wheel spinning.
    Last edited by inumbra; 10-02-2015 at 06:41 PM. Reason: *disagree not agree, + lots of typos

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,074
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    alcohol makes me less emotionally (and otherwise) inhibited (but that's what it does to just about everyone if it doesn't just make them pass out)
    I suppose we need ethical types said their experience of using alcohol in normal dose (<50 g of pure spirit equivalent). Do they become more thinking or get emotions rise. Maybe some voting thread.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  16. #16
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I suppose we need ethical types said their experience of using alcohol in normal dose (<50 g of pure spirit equivalent). Do they become more thinking or get emotions rise. Maybe some voting thread.
    but given how badly people reason and make decisions with alcohol (unless a seasoned drunk), i don't see how anyone's thinking will be "improved." and really emotions aren't improved either, if they become out of control, which is prone to happen with alcohol. and thinking more clearly with weed? hah. forget it.

  17. #17
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sure people of all socionics types take drugs (other than prescription) but I wonder which types might be most prone to recreational drug use or taking drugs because they see it as a 'temporary' escape from their problems.

    Physically, I've always been cautious about doing things that I know are likely to harm my body. Drugs are no exception. I guess I have trouble understanding people that feel they need to take something that makes them feel good 'now' without foreseeing the consequences later. Perhaps that's due to my strong demonstrative Ni. Or even if they do see the consequences, they would be less concerned of possible health effects, either long-term or short-term after withdrawl. Perhaps they have devalued Si and I have valued Si. Also my Si is in the mobilizing position, so I strive to work towards things that satisfy Si needs.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  18. #18
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,605
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    doesn't whether weed affects you mentally or physically have to do with indica/sativa? i don't know much about that. i notice the mental effects more. it makes my thoughts more stretched out, with more intuitive leaps and sparks of understanding...i could go ahead and hypothesize that it strengthens my Ni. but my Te, no way. i can't remember any of my amazing insights more than 10 seconds after i have them and i'm the exact opposite of efficient.

  19. #19
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,605
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    alcohol doesn't improve my thinking. hahaha. better at pushing my thoughts (and resulting emotions) away, is that an improvement?

  20. #20
    Chakram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe it's that certain things like weed would enhance the lower perceiving functions while diminishing (all)judging functions and possibly the more conscious(preferred) perceiving functions. While things like alcohol just inhibit everything. I gotta say in terms of health thinking, I also try to not drink much (although I drink too much sometimes) because of the perceived health risks. I also feel disgusted with myself when I have a bad hangover or ate a bunch of fast food. And I know I'll hate it, but I still do it sometimes, because fast food is convenient.

  21. #21
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i guess i just think weed *seems* to enhance perceiving functions in the conscious blocks, and can enhance either, depending on a whole host of factors (conscious choice being one of them). i'm less sure about the perceiving functions in the unconscious blocks, but maybe the one in the super-id can *seem* to be better accessed. that would match my experiences. i've rarely known what strains i was using, and it could have been smoked or ingested... it's random.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    void
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Weed kicks my Si into overdrive and I can feel every sensation amplified .I will just focus on my sensations, plus it makes me paranoid so I have to be in a darkened room and I don't want anyone to look at me. I don't really like it. I have noticed that some SLE can get all philosophical and start talking about the big picture and how things fit together in the grand scheme of things while smoking and make sense. Fi base can actually focus on their Se more which will make me even more paranoid since they express it with strong Fe like they never noticed before. lol

    I watched an EII and SLE talk, like the heavens had parted, and they truly understood each other for hours. It was fascinating. When the weed wore off things went back to normal and they didn't pay each other much attention after.

    This is far from evidence though and only for weed.
    This is pretty much why I liked it when I did it; I just could be in the moment far better and outside of my own head. I loved the enhancement of senses.

    IMO weed promotes a unification of different perceptual patterns--not necessarily related to type, though I have nothing conclusive on this as I did not like smoking in large groups and did not attempt to type anyone whatsoever at this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    doesn't whether weed affects you mentally or physically have to do with indica/sativa? i don't know much about that. i notice the mental effects more. it makes my thoughts more stretched out, with more intuitive leaps and sparks of understanding...i could go ahead and hypothesize that it strengthens my Ni. but my Te, no way. i can't remember any of my amazing insights more than 10 seconds after i have them and i'm the exact opposite of efficient.
    Strains are quite diverse and most of weed is some type of hybrid, unless you procure it from a dispensary. There are a host of effects that occur within those boundaries, yet pure indica and pure sativa, to the uninitiated, will almost feel like different drugs. Nonetheless, there's a commonality between them and effects are both cerebral and physical in either case.

    The only way to know is to visit Col. I had a friend in Col who had me try 2 different strains--one called "Green Crack"--it was
    aplty named. Another was some long name, and I could not even be bothered to move at all under its effects.

    I haven't tried many drugs or done drugs for any length of time to know this for sure, but I do believe weed has the widest variety of effects of any drug.

  23. #23
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alcohol makes me elated funny flirty touchy feely happy because I'm a happy person. It brings out your dark side and accentuates it. My dark side isn't a mad and angry person. It's happy and flirty

  24. #24
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    doesn't whether weed affects you mentally or physically have to do with indica/sativa?
    it's more complicated than that, but kind of. The two main chemicals for weed are THC and CBD (but there are a whole host of little chemical notes that bring in other effects, + each persons personal chemical reactions). THC is the head high thing and CBD is the body high thing. CBD is also the chemical that acts as an antipsychotic/anti-anxiety thing to THC's head high. It's a balancing of strengths and ratios between the chemicals, and the indica/sativa divide (when talking about effects) is more of a generalization of what those ratios will be. Generally, indicas will have a higher ratio of CBD to THC than a sativa will, but there are strains of either where this can differ and different techniques used during growing and curing the marijuana will also change and enhance those ratios. Also, like leakingdreams said, a lot of strains are cross-breeds where it's muddled to the point of whatever.
    Last edited by bg; 10-03-2015 at 06:29 AM.

  25. #25
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,464
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zulu warriors ingested a highly concentrated THC powder when going into battle, notably, before the battle of Isandlwana where they inflicted a major defeat on the British Empire. So, in a roundabout way, doing drugs makes you hate America.
    You can do anything with a bayonet except sit on it.

  26. #26
    Chakram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Zulu warriors ingested a highly concentrated THC powder when going into battle, notably, before the battle of Isandlwana where they inflicted a major defeat on the British Empire. So, in a roundabout way, doing drugs makes you hate America.
    Um, no. It does not make you hate America. That's not even roundabout, the British Empire has nothing to do with America, the "American states" rebelled for a reason.

    Also, being drunk currently, I can say that what I would say are currently my more enhanced functions, well the things I notice and am willing to do more of currently, would be too say how I feel about things, which I generally have almost zero interest in sharing or wanting to have these things known by other people. And the fact that I notice things in GREAT detail, which on average, I notice a VERY small amount of detail, almost none I would say. Which is definitely a weakness from some people's point of view, and my current. I'll probably read this over when I'm back to normal and make corrections. Ok but maybe not. Whatever, I'll analyze everything in the morning when I am capable of doing such to a greater extent. For the record, I am probably an LII-Ne, which I thought I was and was reinforced recently. Although I could be an ILE-Ti. I honestly don't know, ok, goodnight.
    Last edited by Chakram; 10-04-2015 at 12:56 AM.

  27. #27
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok, i think i've recently figured this out. i recently tried weed that was 5% CBT and holy shit it made me feel brain dead and like every muscle in my body was on high alert and like i was going to die because i didn't even know if i was breathing. i don't know if i've usually used sativa or indica in the past, but currently based on my limited exp, i've noticed i really like sativa strains with low CBT. i haven't tried indica yet, but i don't know if weed people have given me in the past was indica or sativa dominant. i now can choose my own. also i haven't completely written off CBT stuff. i still have more of the 5% which i won't waste.

    i wonder if for bad effects from weed, you get -

    sativa - panic attacks, anxiety, psychoactive effects

    CBT - being physically frozen/fucked up which leads to panic that you're dying and don't realize it because of how screwed up & now central sensation is (actually it being so central is the truly disturbing aspect of this)

    i think the psychoactive effects are often what i'm seeking.
    Last edited by inumbra; 11-01-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •