Thread: Awakening the Ego

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Awakening the Ego

I recently read an Article from Rick's socionics site called Awakening the ego. I thought it was a good article. What he is saying is that if you lead with your strongest functions you will have the most benefit to society. You will appear most attractive to other people. You will feel most contented.

I asked him how he thinks an ENFp should show and and his reply was:

Develop your ability to give insightful and useful perspectives on people and social phenomena. Pay attention to people who seem to be asking for such a perspective, and conscientiously help them better understand people's motives and behavior. See that your interpretations and views address people's actual concerns, and be prepared to elucidate your ideas by giving examples and analogies. Learn to help people verbalize their feelings towards people and the reasons for these sentiments. Develop a broad and liberal view of people and relationships that encourages people to be themselves and find and develop their innate potential. Avoid judgmentalism and learn to help people see things from other people's perspective and appreciate different viewpoints. Develop an intriguing persona and a carefree and spontaneous, yet tactful and sensitive communication style. Seek out unusual life experience in the people around you and get them to tell you about it. Write down important insights and experiences in some form and try to understand how everything fits together. Display willingness to take time to try new and interesting things with people you find interesting and fun to be with.

Makes sense to me. Food for thought. You can find the article at
    http://socionics.us/philosophy/ego.shtml

Any other types are welcome to post how they could best use their ego functions
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats very interesting. Sometimes Ive been sensored for a few of those things mentioned. Perhaps I wasnt as tactful as I should have been. Its wise to know when you can share your insights and when to keep it to yourself. Ricks sight is really developing well, imo. Thanks for asking the question Meaty.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Awakening the Ego

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    I recently read an Article from Rick's socionics site called Awakening the ego. I thought it was a good article. What he is saying is that if you lead with your strongest functions you will have the most benefit to society. You will appear most attractive to other people. You will feel most contented.

I asked him how he thinks an ENFp should show and and his reply was:

Develop your ability to give insightful and useful perspectives on people and social phenomena. Pay attention to people who seem to be asking for such a perspective, and conscientiously help them better understand people's motives and behavior. See that your interpretations and views address people's actual concerns, and be prepared to elucidate your ideas by giving examples and analogies. Learn to help people verbalize their feelings towards people and the reasons for these sentiments. Develop a broad and liberal view of people and relationships that encourages people to be themselves and find and develop their innate potential. Avoid judgmentalism and learn to help people see things from other people's perspective and appreciate different viewpoints. Develop an intriguing persona and a carefree and spontaneous, yet tactful and sensitive communication style. Seek out unusual life experience in the people around you and get them to tell you about it. Write down important insights and experiences in some form and try to understand how everything fits together. Display willingness to take time to try new and interesting things with people you find interesting and fun to be with.

Makes sense to me. Food for thought. You can find the article at
    http://socionics.us/philosophy/ego.shtml

Any other types are welcome to post how they could best use their ego functions

Fuck, I made a thread about this in GD a month ago. It's no big deal, though. I'll just agree with it very much. That is EXACTLY how I feel about it....

Now, consider the computer internet analogy........ "Awakening your ego" (or, your "external/physical world purpose") is like receiving information from the net, sort of. It is how you can establish yourself in this world, with worldly, practical benefits. But practicing proper spirituality balances that out, so that you do not get too attached to your external purpose, or your 'inherent strengths'. Your internal purpose is to find spirituality, so to say -- to find a way to be a peace with things in spite of your talents or lack there of - don't let physical world things get in the way. Finding your purpose is downspeed, but the transmit/upspeed is spirituality. That is giving back, and giving more without demanding physical world rewards (like money). More pro bono, I guess..

How are the two related?
    Well, as you develop your life, and grow up, your psych and peronsality and unique situation in life generate a situation for external purpose development - the awakening of your ego. However, that "Ego" (read Tolle for a more insight into this) is kept in check through spiritual understanding. Being self aware of your "Ego" allows you to step back from that, and not be limited by that perspective or view. And in that way, you can learn how to contribute more, and be more at peace. You can have both the transmition and receiving, the yin and the yang, so to say. And as you continue to go in full circles, (hegals principles?? (i'm still not sure about what that is yet)), you can make progress on all these different levels.

Now, I don't know if that is exactly what I said in the first post, but that is my most current revision on these matters. For something fairly basic, I'll just say "Yeah, I agree with that article "
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.