Thread: How attractive do you find your identicals?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I've recently met a straight male identical and my body finds him ridiculously flood-my-basement attractive. Does anyone else feel that way about their identicals? Or am I really narcissistic and my body's just super excited at the prospect of being able to bang myself? It's a weird sort of primal attractiveness - I can't even visualise how it would happen (IEI + IEI is like...who would even initiate here?).
    You've basically answered your own question; this is not a matter of Socionics type, but rather body type.
    Haha. You are not attracted to their personality, but their appearance.

I bet every one of us could find a physically attractive Conflictor smoking hot on a primal physical level.
    There is this trope of being ridiculously sexually attracted to someone you unfortunately hate and cannot get along with by any means at the same time. That would be classic Conflictor-love.

To answer your question more directly: On a personality-level, I do not find Identicals too attractive myself. Some do, some don't. It's a hit or miss thing, I've noticed. Those who are very balanced or narcissistic (I guess), will be more drawn to someone like themselves. Those like myself who need someone to balance out their weaknesses more (I am too much Ni subtype, it might be different if I was Fe-IEI), I don't find Identicals romantically appealing.

Now, physically? If the Identical is hot, they are hot. And I'll be physically attracted to them (to some degree). As simple as that. That's the nature of sexual attraction, haha. Btw, men tend to experience this more on a regular basis, given women are biologically less "visual" and more wired to find personality traits and other cues more appealing in a partner. But hey, women can still be sexual creatures, and lust after someone just because their body is nice.

P.S: Perhaps you are asking this question, because your dualization has made you more receptive to and aware of Se: picking up on the physical properties of hotties, haha.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    I am attracted to people like myself for friendship - when I say myself I mean personality wise, whether that is the same as pychological personality type wise I don't know, it might be, but for romantic relations I prefer a partner who is more naturally equipped at tact and diplomacy because I am a clutz with a big mouth.
    I agree with you, identicals are great friends, but I have never thought of them as attractive

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um... no.

the only male identical I knew was gay though, and he was like a teddy bear. no banging thoughts ever occurred

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i remember feeling attracted to a few IEI guys in high school, one in particular i really liked (i.e. when i was depressed and emo lol). doesn't really happen anymore. in the last couple of years, i've sometimes felt that heavy attraction/interest in a few intelligent, elegantly attractive EII guys though. i think it's more physical than anything (not interested in a relationship), though i'd probably make better friends with them than anything else.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I love talking to my identicals for hours but I can't see how it would be practical in day to day living. Won't someone think of any hypothetical children? They would be loved in ways no other type can love but...

If an IEI became your wife, try to make all of the decisions of major importance yourself. This will be easier for her and calmer for you. If she is in charge of money in the family don't be surprised if you end up in debt. Money with inevitably regularly disappear somewhere. It will be good if you buy the products, wash the dishes, and arise at night to tend to the children. This not a traditional distribution of responsibilities, but next to you is such fascinating being, so playful and risible, subordinate and always attentive to your solutions, one that greatly decorates your life. True, your wife also knows how to skillfully spoil the mood, but this will be followed by a beautiful scene of stormy reconciliation and everything will become well again. Female IEIs are knowledgeable in matters of love and are capable of supporting this state both in themselves and in their partner for years.
    Male IEI is amiable, charming, non-aggressive and resourceful, so that he is often quite attractive to the opposite gender. He is easily conquered because he is compliant and indecisive, so if girl acts very energetically and persistently he will yield to her. However, it is necessary to consider that at first the male IEI can yield and being absorbed in the moment and the current mood even propose to marry you tomorrow. But just as easily as he asks this today, tomorrow he can change his mind. If he has changed his mind, he will have enough obstinacy and perseverance to escape from his promises. Young male IEIs are very careful and try to avoid arranged traps. Moreover they have the talent to foresee the course of events, which helps them to protect themselves from unnecessary encroachments.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm probably an ILE. So not at all.

Maybe this guy has some really good pheromones?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nah. Its the same sides of two magnets.

Identical relations are super easy to start and good for friendships due to shared hobbies but not very rewarding/attractive for serious relationships. I think part of the reason we are slightly repulsed our identicals is because we get to view ourselves and our flaws from an outside perspective. For example, I cringe a little when I observe other alpha NTs being socially retarded and then thinking about how that is how others might see me as well. Its like when you were a kid hearing your own voice on the recorder for the first time. Ehh.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ew I don't know if I've ever met a male IEI but the thought of a man being like me freaks me out. I would not be attracted to such an emotionally unstable, feminine man. Then again, IEIs don't have to be feminine at all and I have no idea what a male one would be like. Howeverrrr, IEIs are not really go-getter enthusiastic assertive optimistic types, which are the guys I go for.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    Ew I don't know if I've ever met a male IEI but the thought of a man being like me freaks me out. I would not be attracted to such an emotionally unstable, feminine man. Then again, IEIs don't have to be feminine at all and I have no idea what a male one would be like. Howeverrrr, IEIs are not really go-getter enthusiastic assertive optimistic types, which are the guys I go for.
    Have you met @Pookie? He throws rocks.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Have you met @Pookie? He throws rocks.
    I think so but I don't really count meeting on an internet forum as actually meeting someone. I can come across as quite aggressive on the internet if I don't modulate myself but I'm not in person, and I'd assume it's true for some others as well :-) We all have different personas and ways of typing/talking

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think so but I don't really count meeting on an internet forum as actually meeting someone. I can come across as quite aggressive on the internet if I don't modulate myself but I'm not in person, and I'd assume it's true for some others as well :-) We all have different personas and ways of typing/talking
    I can be aggressive/assertive in person too but apparently that could be due to sexual 4 from the descriptions. I am often silly about it but not always. Depends on the situation.

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't believe what @Aylen tells you, I'm meek and polite.

But yeah I have noticed what you stated above. Most IEI men I've met have been emotionally unstable or quite feminine. Except me. I'm only good things.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

But yeah I have noticed what you stated above. Most IEI men I've met have been emotionally unstable or quite feminine. Except me. I'm only good things.
    and don't forget modest! You are very modest.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If she has a kind heart and good manners, I don't care what type she is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    If she has a kind heart and good manners, I don't care what type she is.
    Suede, were you recently possessed by an EII? Playing with the Ouija board again?

Wait, did you meet someone?

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's like doing the total opposite of his previous categorizations of people, which is interesting. i still think the person who appeared *before* the PUA shit was the most "real."

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Suede, were you recently possessed by an EII? Playing with the Ouija board again?

Wait, did you meet someone?
    Shhhh.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I haven't met many emotionally unstable or feminine IEI men who aren't gay... but perhaps I'm just loathe to type them as my identical so I pretend they're IEE or something, GO BACK TO DELTA WHERE YOU BELONG YOU SPINELESS MESS
    That made me irlol. I heard a particular tone in my head while reading it. Too funny.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't met many emotionally unstable or feminine IEI men who aren't gay... but perhaps I'm just loathe to type them as my identical so I pretend they're IEE or something, GO BACK TO DELTA WHERE YOU BELONG YOU SPINELESS MESS

Please, be gentle. An act of kindness can go a long way.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Nah. Its the same sides of two magnets.

Identical relations are super easy to start and good for friendships due to shared hobbies but not very rewarding/attractive for serious relationships. I think part of the reason we are slightly repulsed our identicals is because we get to view ourselves and our flaws from an outside perspective.
    At the very beginning of my Typology discovery, I got so excited over the thought of possibly meeting someone with my exact type!
    I actually set my mind to finding IEIs and dating one, haha.

A short time after that, an IEI E6 Sx dude started messaging me on FB, haha. He had found me in a Typology group.
    We would message each other a lot, our thinking styles were really similar, but I would not really experience any kind of attraction. As you've said, his weaknesses (which also were my own), would repulse me somehow. Whereas he was head-over-heels at some point, haha.

Anyhow, I've met a few other IEIs online since that has happened. I even know a (gay) male IEI guy who's also E4 and So/Sx (but Fe subtype).
    We relate on so many aspects, but at the same time I can feel burdened and frustrated when he tells me about his problems (which are so similar to mine), and I am reminded of my own shortcomings, nor can I help him out.

As a whole, everything is alright with other IEIs, our conversations can be intriguing, but as a whole I have realized I could not date one, haha.
    Too much similarity and too little balance turned out to be a turn-off.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've always thought LSEs were quite handsome. This includes females as well as males, but I don't find handsomeness to be as attractive on a female as on a male.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be aggressive/assertive in person too but apparently that could be due to sexual 4 from the descriptions. I am often silly about it but not always. Depends on the situation.
    This is me too I definitely can be aggressive/assertive but it wasn't how I was as a kid , I kinda had to train myself to do it. Did you also?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This is me too I definitely can be aggressive/assertive but it wasn't how I was as a kid , I kinda had to train myself to do it. Did you also?
    It depends on who tells the story. I think I was pretty shy and quiet as a child. I often wanted to play alone or with my sister and not be bothered by others but my mom would say I slapped the doctor back when I was born. I don't believe her.

I did grow up around a lot of Se and was pushed to stand up for myself so if there was training it wasn't really self training in the beginning. It was more like stronger friends throwing me in the Lion's Den and telling me to fight my way out.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sexual interest itself exists besides IR. But bad IR and other bad factors in a human may suppress this, insert blocking, like we may suppress feelling of hunger by concentration on a work.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm attracted to Julian Casablancas who is probably IEI. The attraction doesn't originate with how he looks either (although it overflows into a physical attraction). It's something about his soul seeming poetic to me.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I only know two female LIE's in real life (they are very rare - much rarer than IEI's, ime), and I'm not strongly sexually attracted to either one. I get along with them perfectly, but sex is not the first thing I think of when I see them. It is more, "Wait, there she is. Now I'm going to have a great conversation." It is true that they both tend toward the thin side, and have good, well-coordinated bodies (which is something I'm attracted to - probably that is an ESI characteristic), but sex is not the first thing on my mind when I see them. On the other hand, if we were the last two people on Earth, the human race would not be in any danger of stopping with us. Objectively, I think that female LIE's can have a certain hotness because of their directness and relative comfort with sexual expression.

That is how attractive I experience them, which is,Yes, they are great, let's have lunch and talk about anything. But on a superficial, objective level, neither one appears exactly beautiful, in the conventional sense. They are nice-looking, grounded, direct, strong, have clear features, but are not beautiful in the way that Alpha and Beta women can be beautiful.

Personally, I think Alphas have the lightest, most fun type of beauty, Betas have the most smoking-sex type of beauty, Gammas are where the shift occurs and I start thinking more about the person than the face (but both can be very, very good - here is the SEE Mastroianni and the ESI Ekberg - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o15UTomYsc), and Deltas are starting to look masculine to me.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-01-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming I am SLI, I don't really find them attractive at all. Entirely too aloof, cold and boring for me. Sorry people. I need more emotive men.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When EIIs (and LIIs) embody the things I want for myself, I find them incredibly attractive, and even a little intimidating. This includes being stylish, intelligent, accomplished, well-spoken, in touch with themselves, empathetic, successful and strong. When they embody none of those things, I'm like ew, please don't drag me into your mess.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That zero gravity feeling.

Identity as way to happiness, like money, should be tried at least once.
    Balzac

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

My IEI ex wasn't unstable but yes was quite feminine looking. Who said that's a bad thing though?

As for OP, unless physically attractive, nah... and even then I wouldn't want a serious relationship with my Identical. Even as friendship it doesn't work all smoothly, lol, all the arguments, not that I mind.