LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Simo)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Simo)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is more about taste what I see as beautiful you may see as ugly, in other words it can't be defined
    As for love it is the emotion you feel when you like someone or something so much
    What are your most important values?
    I never thought about listing them, but let me try:
    fairness, integrity, honesty, excellence, independence ... that is what I can think of now
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    It is hard to explain why so I will skip this question
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I think war is interesting to watch in movies but I wouldn't like it in real life

As for power I think it is being able to make your dreams a reality and achieve what you desire without needing to lower your standards
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Personality types, self-development, leadership, programming, money making, games, animes

why? they are interesting to me
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    No
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Boring
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Books: 7 habits, start with why, leaders eat last, think and grow rich, rich dad poor dad

Films/animes: sherlock holmes, death note, code geass, game of thrones
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Cry: I was rasied with the believe boys shouldn't cry so the only time I can remember was when I and my high school sweetheart broke-up, why? it really hurt
    Smile: watching something funny, why? because it is funny
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    In my head
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People: communication skills, unemotional / insensitive, don't like social gatherings

Me: not assertive, socially unconfident
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    smart and good in math
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Energy, health, relations
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    yes, the main cause can be mainly when I feel like I don't do any meaningful thing
    my reaction is usually I would take a long walk to refresh or maybe go camping or hiking
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    like: intelligence
    dislike: stupidity
    get along with intelligent, serious, ambitious people
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Romance: I don't like the romance based on exchange of loving words, I prefer doing fun activities together or talking about what we find interesting
    sex: I like it of course
    qualities in partner: ambitious, energetic, optimistic, nice, beautiful
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Developing their independence and being able to think for themselves
    why? I think it is the most important thing
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    inward: I may feel offended
    outward: I will ask why he thinks so
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I see people as people
    social problem maybe entitlement and kissing-up
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    usually I make friends through shared activity like team projects, so my friends are those with whom I enjoy working
    How do you behave around strangers?
    mind my own business

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I inherited these books from an one ILI , 7 habits, think and grow rich, rich dad poor dad and the rich dad game, which he made me play. Also a bunch of books on day trading.

Nothing in this has swayed me away from ILI. Even boys don't cry was my stepdads approach to his sons and he taught us all to be independent and think for ourselves.

I only saw an ILI cry once in all the years I knew him. Just about everything you say I relate to the ILI I knew. I better leave this thread before the reaper comes. Nice "knowing" you.

Maybe someone else will have a less biased opinion than me.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To use such a few data for typing is not serious. And even large questionnaire without video is not serious.

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essentially everything you wrote fits with ILI.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I inherited these books from an one ILI , 7 habits, think and grow rich, rich dad poor dad and the rich dad game, which he made me play. Also a bunch of books on day trading.

Nothing in this has swayed me away from ILI. Even boys don't cry was my stepdads approach to his sons and he taught us all to be independent and think for ourselves.

I only saw an ILI cry once in all the years I knew him. Just about everything you say I relate to the ILI I knew. I better leave this thread before the reaper comes. Nice "knowing" you.

Maybe someone else will have a less biased opinion than me.
    actually I am not planning to be a frequent member after I get the answers I am looking for, so to you it would look like the reaper really came. it was nice knowing you too

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    To use such a few data for typing is not serious. And even large questionnaire without video is not serious.
    Try a little intuition? Oops, you can't....

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Oh sorry I really forgot to reply to you, but seriously it seems like you took my not believing in VI so personally!!
    but rest assured I don't believe questionnaire either, but they are easier to do and can be used as a tool to start a discussion about the difference between SLI and ILI
    It is not like I want you guys to type me, what I want is to know the differences and then I will type myself

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    It is not like I want you guys to type me, what I want is to know the differences and then I will type myself
    This I relate to very much.

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tejing View Post
    Essentially everything you wrote fits with ILI.
    I would like more explanation if possible
    How what I said fits the ILI description

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I read through all of this and some of your posts, and you seem almost a non-entity, sort of like the Clint Eastwood gunfighter that came to town, so I am leaning toward SLI. I see no really strong evidence toward either ILI or SLI in this post except for the statement that you said you take walks, which SLI do and ILI do not do.
    I'm basing my opinion on having several very, very good friends since 8th grade who are ILI, and having a both a father and an ex-wife who are SLI.

Still, let me ask you a couple of questions which are designed to identify behavioral correlations with the ILI and SLI whom I know.

When you are thinking about the future, perhaps about a decision you need to make, and your future paths look like a fork in the road, are you confident about making a quick decision about which path you should take, or do you wish you could consult an expert who has experience in this area?

Would you rather read a book or do something interesting?

Is there something physical that you hold onto or store (money, civil war memorabilia, ancient railroad signal equipment that can be sold on eBay) because you can use it or sell it in the future (if so, please explain what it is), or do you focus more on watching videos and on gaming?

Do you think people will like you when you first meet them?

Do you have a lot of friends, or just one or two really good ones?

You said you have little interest in continuing to post here (which is more evidence of SLI behavior). I am personally curious. Why are you interested in identifying your type?
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-21-2015 at 02:14 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Well, I read through all of this and some of your posts, and you seem almost a non-entity, sort of like the Clint Eastwood gunfighter that came to town, so I am leaning toward SLI.
    I have always thought that I am different than everyone else, but a non-entity is a bit extreme I think

I see no really strong evidence toward either ILI or SLI in this post except for the statement that you said you take walks, which SLI do and ILI do not do.
    I'm basing my opinion on having several very, very good friends since 8th grade who are ILI, and having a both a father and an ex-wife who are SLI.
    The problem with basing opinion on your friends is what if your typing of them is wrong to start with?
    and if one ILI do not take walks, would that be enough to generalize?

Still, let me ask you a couple of questions which are designed to identify behavioral correlations with the ILI and SLI whom I know.
    you designed questions especially for me!
    I really appreciate it

When you are thinking about the future, perhaps about a decision you need to make, and your future paths look like a fork in the road, are you confident about making a quick decision about which path you should take, or do you wish you could consult an expert who has experience in this area?
    actually I would want to know where each path will lead if I know that I would be able to make a quick decision
    otherwise I would try get more information either by reading about it or asking an expert, but it is not like I will ask the expert to choose for me it is enough to get the information

Would you rather read a book or do something interesting?
    it depends on how interesting that something is, but I may choose reading a book

Is there something physical that you hold onto or store (money, civil war memorabilia, ancient railroad signal equipment that can be sold on eBay) because you can use it or sell it in the future (if so, please explain what it is), or do you focus more on watching videos and on gaming?
    of course I focus on watching videos and gaming, but I hold onto links of an interesting article that I may like to read or refer to in the future

Do you think people will like you when you first meet them?
    No

Do you have a lot of friends, or just one or two really good ones?
    just one or two

You said you have little interest in continuing to post here (which is more evidence of SLI behavior). I am personally curious. Why are you interested in identifying your type?
    why is it more of SLI behavior?
    I think if I know myself well enough I will be able to capitalize on my strengths much more and be able to reach my full potential so I can make a difference in the world

So what do you think now? and what makes you think so?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have always thought that I am different than everyone else, but a non-entity is a bit extreme I think
    Perhaps describing you as a minimalist might be more diplomatic.
    The problem with basing opinion on your friends is what if your typing of them is wrong to start with?
    and if one ILI do not take walks, would that be enough to generalize?
    My typing of them might be wrong, but I don't think it is. Hard to prove, of course. It helps that not one of the three ILI's I've known for many years likes to take walks, and all the SLI's I know are physically active. So, the data is based on six people whom I know very well, not just on one, and the questions were specifically chosen to separate them the most, as far as I am able to formulate them.

you designed questions especially for me!
    I really appreciate it
    You are welcome.

actually I would want to know where each path will lead if I know that I would be able to make a quick decision
    otherwise I would try get more information either by reading about it or asking an expert, but it is not like I will ask the expert to choose for me it is enough to get the information
    ILI

it depends on how interesting that something is, but I may choose reading a book
    ILI
    of course I focus on watching videos and gaming, but I hold onto links of an interesting article that I may like to read or refer to in the future
    ILI
    "Do you think people will like you when you first meet them?"
    No
    ILI
    "Do you have a lot of friends, or just one or two really good ones?"
    just one or two
    ILI
    "You said you have little interest in continuing to post here (which is more evidence of SLI behavior). I am personally curious. Why are you interested in identifying your type?"

why is it more of SLI behavior?
    I think if I know myself well enough I will be able to capitalize on my strengths much more and be able to reach my full potential so I can make a difference in the world
    Neutral with respect to ILI or SLI, no strong leanings either way. No decision.
    So what do you think now? and what makes you think so?

I now think you are ILI. Welcome to the16types. I hope you stick around. There's lots of information here that you might find useful.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-21-2015 at 09:11 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My typing of them might be wrong, but I don't think it is. Hard to prove, of course. It helps that not one of the three ILI's I've known for many years like to take walks, and all the SLI's I know are physically active. So, the data is based on six people whom I know very well, not just on one, and the questions were specifically chosen to separate them the most, as far as I am able to formulate them.
    I said I take a walk when feeling stuck in a rut to refresh, that doesn't mean I am physically active

I now think you are ILI.
    I am curious, how would you expect a SLI to respond?

Welcome to the16types. I hole you stick around. There's lots of information here that you might find useful.
    Don't worry I will be around, but not logged in most likely

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The walk statement was just silly @Adam Strange...

I lean towards ILI-Te for this dude at present.

Posts are Te> Ti. IP temperament seems fitting. Ni> Si themes.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    The walk statement was just silly @Adam Strange...

I lean towards ILI-Te for this dude at present.

Posts are Te> Ti. IP temperament seems fitting. Ni> Si themes.
    Hi, @blackburry.
    Maybe the walk statement is silly; some walks are silly in general. But I do notice walks. ESI-Se walks are cat-like, like the animal I associate with them.
    Maybe this whole typing thing is silly, but I find it interesting that you used a thinking process, and I used a gut level set of associations, and we both came to the same conclusion, just as if we were, respectively, e6 and e8, and this whole typing business actually corresponds to something real in the world.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said I take a walk when feeling stuck in a rut to refresh, that doesn't mean I am physically active
    Sorry, I missed that. I'm sometimes not as detail oriented as I should be. ILI there, then, too.
    I am curious, how would you expect a SLI to respond?
    An SLI would answer the opposite from what you did. Why do you ask? Are you anticipating needing to change your identity sometime in the near future?

Don't worry I will be around, but not logged in most likely
    Good. But you might want to log in. Great benefits, interactive discussions on how best to achieve World Domination, what recipes each type prefers and whether they make their beds or not. You'll have a lot of good company. ILI's here greatly outnumber SLI's, a fact which was the source of my statement that your leaving would indicate SLI preferences.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-21-2015 at 09:05 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An SLI would answer the opposite from what you did. Why do you ask? Are you anticipating needing to change your identity sometime in the near future?
    That means SLIs think people will like them when they first meet? and they have a lot of friends?
    I thought they should be the same as ILIs in this respect, what do you think cause this difference?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems everyone one agree I am a bitchy minimalist ILI < personally I prefer "a unique genius ILI" but nevermind

So can someone explain the difference between:

Judicious vs Decisive
    Tactical vs strategic
    Static vs dynamic < I know both ILIs ans SLIs are dynamics, but still I want to know the difference

Also I didn't get a satisfying answer for this:
    It seems everyone believe I am an ILI, then what do you think about the following?

In games either strategic or rpg, I usually play more defensively or to be precise a not risk taker
    In strategic games I prefer to build my defenses first and ensure my survivability then start attacking
    In RPGs even though I like classes like assassins but since they have weak defense and HP, so I prefer to use long-range (mages/hunters) or a fighter which is balanced attack/defense
    my brother always say my playing style is very cautious
    so wouldn't that better fit the "Si planning against the future" description?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just here to join the bandwagon and say ILI.

It seems everyone believe I am an ILI, then what do you think about the following?

In games either strategic or rpg, I usually play more defensively or to be precise a not risk taker
    In strategic games I prefer to build my defenses first and ensure my survivability then start attacking
    In RPGs even though I like classes like assassins but since they have weak defense and HP, so I prefer to use long-range (mages/hunters) or a fighter which is balanced attack/defense
    The fact the you mention your gaming strategies in your first few post just screams ILI imo. Planning and being cautious is pure Ni. Think of it in terms of how it complements Se. Ni provides the plan and keeps Se from being used recklessly while Se provides the push through qualities needed to execute those Ni plans.
    Last edited by Muddy; 09-22-2015 at 08:15 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Also I didn't get a satisfying answer for this:

You might want to check out the explanations on instincts (link). You gaming preferences could be indicative of the preservation (sp) instinct. Socionics types can only explain so much, then you have to looks for answers elsewhere.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    You might want to check out the explanations on instincts (link). You gaming preferences could be indicative of the preservation (sp) instinct. Socionics types can only explain so much, then you have to looks for answers elsewhere.
    that might be true since I lean more to sp/sx