Thread: enneagram - 6th function correlations

Default enneagram - 6th function correlations

The enneagram describes a person's deeper motivations, in socionics you could say a person's real motive is their mobilizing function, aka hidden agenda or 6th function.

So linking the two, perhaps:

E2 - Fe HA
    E3 - Se HA
    E4 - Ni HA
    E5 - Ti HA
    E6 - Si HA
    E7 - Ne HA
    E8 - Te HA
    E9 - Fi HA

which would mean:

E2 - ILE, SLE
    E3 - LIE, EIE
    E4 - LSI, ESI
    E5 - SEI, IEI
    E6 - EII, LII
    E7 - ESE, LSE
    E8 - IEE, SEE
    E9 - ILI, SLI

Could explain the individuality of LSIs, the withdrawal tendencies of IEIs, the likeability of EIIs and LIIs, the desire for enjoyment of ESEs, the stubborn defiance of SEEs, the inertia of SLIs and ILIs, the shapeshifting of EIEs, the protectiveness of SLEs

integration point:

E2 - ILE, SLE - E4
    E3 - LIE, EIE - E6
    E4 - LSI, ESI - E1
    E5 - SEI, IEI - E8
    E6 - EII, LII - E9
    E7 - ESE, LSE - E5
    E8 - IEE, SEE - E2
    E9 - ILI, SLI - E3

So ILEs and SLEs would go from manipulating others to be loved, to being themselves at E4, LIEs and EIEs would create stable communities and stop over-emphasising their own achievements at E6, LSIs and ESIs become serene and accepting of imperfection at E1, SEIs and IEIs come out of their shells and assert their presence at E8, EIIs and LIIs learn to relax and be optimistic about life at E9, ESEs and LSE forget about planning for the future and become more focused on understanding how things really are at E5, IEEs and SEEs stop instinctively resisting others and become more open hearted and humble at E2, ILIs and SLIs wake up from the coma of sloth and begin working to achieve their goals at E3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about being a type 6 but I have considered it in the past. Most likely I'm a 5w6.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    in socionics you could say a person's real motive is their mobilizing function, aka hidden agenda or 6th function.
    That is not what the HA is.

You keep trying really hard to create these forced connections b/w the two systems and it just does not work.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    That is not what the HA is.

You keep trying really hard to create these forced connections b/w the two systems and it just does not work.
    there is definitely some overlap between the two systems, but you're right that the way I've been describing it may not work. I don't think there's any harm in speculating though