View Poll Results: type of Jordan Peterson?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 5.77%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 3.85%
  • LII (INTj)

14 26.92%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 3.85%
  • EIE (ENFj)

11 21.15%
  • LSI (ISTj)

7 13.46%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.92%
  • ILI (INTp)

4 7.69%
  • LIE (ENTj)

9 17.31%
  • ESI (ISFj)

3 5.77%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 1.92%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

2 3.85%
  • EII (INFj)

2 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Jordan Peterson

Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I mean he does think canada is spiraling into totalitarianism

Banned
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I mean he does think canada is spiraling into totalitarianism
    LOL.

ya no, not even close. nice try, American.

Jordan is so pro-typically the other half of Canada the world never gets to notice: the ultra pragmatic, very Canadian at its core, in the same way Australians have pragmatism.

Totataralism, lmfao, the Governments in the individual Provinces when you get right down to it have very little "total" power. Think about it: 30 million people in the largest, or second largest land mass on the planet.

I guess we have Hate speech laws and socialized health care and gun control so to American eyes that sounds pretty big brother and nobody aint takin our guns 'way

On our news cycles we debate wheather or not its ethical to turn down job applications from Christians, or some other human interest story, like this stuff is normal here. Jordan's whole speil with the Language Crusade is not even close to anything you would be familiar with over there. It's a very normal discussion here, yawn while I have my morning McDonalds coffee. At its heart Canadians are just nicer than you guys, sorry.

Banned
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    right, to be clear, I think JP is more EIE than LIE, but I think the kind of primitive advice as to bed making and room cleaning is because you have basically the rest of your day to do thinking/feeling and intuition. what they seem to be emphasizing is the importance of having a base in order to do that, considering these are the Si polr types, its a kind of progressive message in their mouths. at the same time, from the perspective of a person with strong Si, it seems condescending. it would be like someone telling me to use my imagination for once, or something
    ha good point.

Banned
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    He's Canadian, even their extreme extroverts are reserved. =P
    Mike Myers comes to mind, and Jim Carry.

Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I know canada is far from soviet russia, that's what makes JP -Fe, a kind of "dramatic" emotion

he views canada's relatively mild authoritarian foray into language police as the first step on the road to xxx.. etc, not really the mindset of an ESE from my point of view. I mean ESEs will say literally anything on occassion, but JP developed the whole thing as a professor of psychology, not as some guy with a radio show like alex jones. although humorously enough he's sort of getting into that sphere now

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eos They also don't get jokes. Those Canadians man. =P

(btw the =P is a face that indicates this is a joke)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess a difference between between Se is that Se+ is competition and such and Se- is hierarchy where they focus on being above. And I guess Peterson enjoy being in the heat and actually raise above with being mobilized from being challenged.

Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well the problem is gulenko and reinin use different signs which is another can of worms

Se+ in gulenko is resisting power and Si- is subjugating people. this seems odd because you'd think subjugating people would come as a positive form of power projection, but its about psychological charge and not positive power expression in of itself. undermining people, forcing them to rely on you, this sort of thing is all negatively charged psychological aspects of power, whereas fighting head on is positively charged.. remember Se- can operate in the positive. So EIE in gulenko is Se+, doesn't want to subvert people in an underhanded way, would rather rally an army so to speak. Incompetence in the - for EIE also means not competent in being subverted in that way, can't appreciate "being under someone's wing", this is the hierarchical element of resistance

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess when Se+ is in mobilizing they want people to challange them and take that energy into the highter teer of functions. But its just a side theory.

heretic artificial hyena Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C/H 7(93?)
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    I guess when Se+ is in mobilizing they want people to challange them and take that energy into the highter teer of functions. But its just a side theory.
    Yep, sounds good. I can find this process in me to some extent. It seems much harder to put people under submission although I must say that better part seems quite lacking.
    extrospection > introspection

Head type as in being truly head type and probably 7>5. Too divergent, scattered and expressive for typical 5 and that is the preferred way although long term focus usually helps.

Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

to me a lot of "game playing" can be traced to Se- too, like classic victim/aggressor dynamics are usually understood in the Se- sense. I think Se+ looks a little different and its for that reason victim/aggressor is somewhat misunderstood. Se- in non Se valuing people is extra weird, and is about controlling the other person through their weaknesses, as far as I can tell. it always struck me as really "off", but now I just think its something in the domain of my painful function and area of incompetence, so I can't see whatever virtue it has

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya. To connect this Se stuff with Ni is that Ni control itself and stuff while Se challenges and enforce that control. Ni- can be like silent for days if needed and Ni+ will spin around all sort of things. Ni I see as control and discipline for now...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Gulenko change his + and - signs?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The + and - signs are just (imo) about whether one seeks to avoid problems related to a function (-) or tries to maximize the positive aspects of a function (+).

So + focuses on gaining new power, whereas - creates a focus on not losing power. But they can appear the same, because in order to maintain power you need gain new power, so - can appear like + which is why these signs should not be used in typing people.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Peterson is probably EIE, with LSI is a second option.

He's an effective public speaker, which indicates EIE, and as @Bertrand said, he views Canada's slip into authoritarianism with its speech code laws as announcing a catastrophe, and I think he's right in the sense it is a step in the direction of the Orwellian. But Canada is not "there" yet in terms of being an authoritarian regime, and I think Peterson is aware of that, he's simply seeing trends that others might not be seeing because they agree with the speech code laws, since they are presented under the veneer of tolerance, so ironically people might not see where these trends are headed in the long run...

So he foresees catastrophes, which is a sign of ego negativism. Ofc, he could be LSI like F.A. Hayek, who wrote a brilliant book (The Road to Serfdom) about how mild authoritarian tendencies in pre-nazi Germany had slowly led to totalitarianism, and though it didn't concern free speech, Road to Serfdom was Orwell's inspiration for 1984.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Did Gulenko change his + and - signs?
    I usually reference to model G, see description https://www.facebook.com/groups/ModelViktor/

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That said, if you look at each country's hate speech laws, Canada's seems to punish mainly incitement to genocide, and focuses less on potentially offensive speech. In that sense, Canada is way ahead of most other countries, which consider offensive or degrading speech, (and not just incitement to violence) to be punishable by law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_s...aws_by_country

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he could be IEE.

He seems to really not value/not see the Fe side of the story

Even aside from the content of what he says, he is very into his message (C type, 478 the messanger?) and not overly concerned with how he is presenting to his interlocutor or their feelings moment by moment, he kind of blocks that out, his vocal control is weak, he gushes a little, he looks away to gather his thought/intuitions, yet he isn't EII because his movements are more EP.
    Last edited by Guillaine; 08-31-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122