View Poll Results: type of Jordan Peterson?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 3.15%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 1.57%
  • LII (INTj)

22 17.32%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

9 7.09%
  • EIE (ENFj)

45 35.43%
  • LSI (ISTj)

8 6.30%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 0.79%
  • ILI (INTp)

10 7.87%
  • LIE (ENTj)

21 16.54%
  • ESI (ISFj)

5 3.94%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 0.79%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 0.79%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 3.15%
  • EII (INFj)

3 2.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
Results 1,241 to 1,271 of 1271

Thread: Jordan Peterson

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometime I will read this whole thread, because yes, Jordan Peterson is very interesting*, and I would like to see what people's thought's are here on his type.

When a person catches my interest as Peterson has, many times I have a fast, intuitive guess of what a their type is, and it often later turns out to be right, But in this case I do not have a sure guess. Though I will teel that my first thought, even though not strong, for a possible type for him was LII, because, what a mind. Also the VI, a bit. I do not know of and have not met a psychologist/psychotherapist LII, but certainly a LII is capable of choosing that place to invest their considerable intelligent thought in, and a LII would also be excellent at communicating their wide and deep thought in a clear and straightforward way, as Jordan does. LII is one of the top 3 that types that people here think he is.

The top type that people here choose for him is EIE. I am not thinking that, and I think that is because I think he is an I vs. E, as so much thinking and analyzing he does has to be I, and it is his body of thought that he primarily extrovertly shares, while the EIE shares her/himself generously and extrovertly, vs. a huge body of thought they have been contemplating. Also EIE tends to communicate back and forth vs. lecture.

ILI is the third of the top three suggested here, but I think not. I don't know an ILI who would emotionally shed tears over the condition of people or a line of thought he find's to be a morally painful one. Yes, ILI may well have many wide and interesting thoughts as well as well-thought out creative solutions to voice concerning a morally painful issue in society, etc., but I don't see him shedding public tears over it. Plus, I just don't get an "ILI" feel from them. I know that is not helpful.

Also I want to add that in a long interview with his wife, to whom he is quite dedicated, about their marriage, he talked about aspects of each of their "personality types". I believe it is Jung-based but I only know it is some personality-type discipline I am unacquainted with. So an aspect he explained was "Agreeable Types" and "Disagreeable Types". He said that he was an Agreeable Type and his (very agreeable-looking) wife was a Disagreeable Type! I can see their relationship type is certainly Duality, whatever types they are. Therefore, whatever "Agreeable vs. Disagreeable" means, Duals must include opposites in this category!

For anyone one interested in understanding and learning about marriage and relationship types like I am, you would be very interested in this interview about their marriage and family (how they met, how their relationship progressed, who their relationship works). (But you would have to look it up; I don't remember where on YouTube I watched it).

*to get the full impact of how deeply and multi-dimensionally interesting Jordan Peterson is, you won't be able to get a grasp of it on a sound-bite YouTube short. You need to listen to an entire interview (there are many out there). The interview will be long, but you will soon be riveted. Or, an entire lecture, like the one in the OP here.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Ni most likely, seems to have Ip temperament and he has mentioned how much he values harmony. I don't see much Ej-ness in him or any at all. He's usually pretty soft... he's softer and less punitive than EIE-Ni tend to be.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE. I used to think LIE, but EIE it is. An EIE who is very educated and has read a lot. One can also notice his weak Ti sometimes. His Fe can be seen in how he wants things to sound right. The right attitude in a public context. Being convincing.

I don't understand how anybody cannot see EJ temperament.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I don't understand how anybody cannot see EJ temperament.
    He's a dominant subtype
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    Ne Te
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like someone here.

*Hides under chair*

A little better makes better more

The good news in knowing you are wrong is you are right

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni kind of works. But I don't see much Ej-ness in him. Definitely a Beta NF.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy is brilliant but his constant crying makes me cringe, I def see he's some kind of NF type. Not sure why no one voted for IEE.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I saw Peterson’s face I got the feeling that he has been through depression for 100 years and he would never be happy again ever… dude need to chill a bit.

TIM
    Ne Te
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of interest i've seen ENTP coming at him from the typology community, OP is one, but i can't see the type having the ethics energy for it, no matter the cause, or altruistic motivations. He's a long term strategic systems builder, opposite of Ne. And ENTP doesn't have the Fe gas in the tank for it.

Quite a few see ENTP out there.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Jordan Peterson is like Joe Rogan but with more academic credentials and no DMT obsession. I think people mostly watch him for the guests.
    He talks about dmt too.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    LIE
    Hm… could be. I have been thinking about this option for him…

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Observe back and forth and still don’t feel Gamma value from him. Feel totally different with someone like Bill Gates. Back to EIE.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like, he talk about gender role and how to behave yourself in some social context bla bla that most NT simply won’t care much about (they need SF help in social life). Quadra that focus more on society structure (aristocracy) may find him more interested.

LIE trying to write a book about society behavior would make book like “how to win friends and influence people” that teach you how to role Fe and create some weak Fi connections.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess would be IXI leaning ILI.
    Last edited by necrosebud; 09-25-2023 at 07:18 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I've tried to listen to his podcast in the past, because he invites very interesting guests, and because I like giving everyone a fair shake in spite of whatever political differences we may have.

I really tried giving this guy a fair hearing, but I couldn't finish a single episode. He talks over his guests and constantly redirects the conversation towards his own eccentric psychoanalytic theories (which are bizarre and make far-reaching and unsubstantiated scientific claims), however tangential to the conversation these theories may be.

He's like the Borg: He has so many videos, spanning every topical subject, that his presence on the Internet is unavoidable, and he assimilates every subject he comes across by intermixing his strange personal idiosyncrasies.
    can you share one or two of his podcasts? I liked some of his insights when he was just giving lectures to his students. nowadays he seems to be on some crusade against the demonic left while constantly mentioning god which got boring fast.

I think this is a video from "better times"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDli45faiw

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried to listen to his podcast in the past, because he invites very interesting guests, and because I like giving everyone a fair shake in spite of whatever political differences we may have.

I really tried giving this guy a fair hearing, but I couldn't finish a single episode. He talks over his guests and constantly redirects the conversation towards his own psychoanalytic theories (which are bizarre, make questionable scientific claims, and are based more often than not on his personal idiosyncrasies).

He's like the Borg: He has so many videos, spanning every topical subject, that his presence on the Internet is unavoidable, and he assimilates every subject he comes across by mixing in his own eccentricities.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I deleted the original post that you quoted because I wanted to edit it. It's reposted (see above).

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    can you share one or two of his podcasts? I liked some of his insights when he was just giving lectures to his students. nowadays he seems to be on some crusade against the demonic left while constantly mentioning god which got boring fast.

I think this is a video from "better times"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDli45faiw
    Just go to Youtube and type "Jordan Peterson Podcast". Are you looking for something specific?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I deleted the original post that you quoted because I wanted to edit it. It's reposted (see above).

Just go to Youtube and type "Jordan Peterson Podcast". Are you looking for something specific?
    I was a bit confused why your message switched places haha. I am just curious how he is doing nowadays. haven't really followed anything about him in this year. the only thing I briefly read was that he needs to go a social media seminar or something which seemed pretty bizarre for me to read as an LII. whenever I think about him now I see him aggressively looking into the camera saying "let's see who cancels who"

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I was a bit confused why your message switched places haha. I am just curious how he is doing nowadays. haven't really followed anything about him in this year. the only thing I briefly read was that he needs to go a social media seminar or something which seemed pretty bizarre for me to read as an LII. whenever I think about him now I see him aggressively looking into the camera saying "let's see who cancels who"
    He wrote some personal attacks on social media, and he violated the professional standards of the College of Psychologists of Ontario as a result.

I personally wouldn't want to be reprimanded that way either. But when he became a professional psychologist, he did sign up to have his speech regulated (he'd probably argue that this type of speech shouldn't be regulated in the first place). An analogous situation would be to censure a Catholic school teacher for doing OnlyFans.

Honestly, I feel kind of bad for him; he has been acting impulsively ever since his controversial detox treatment in Russia (he may have suffered some brain damage).
    Last edited by xerx; 09-26-2023 at 03:38 AM. Reason: clarification

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

But when he became a professional psychologist, he did sign up to have his speech regulated
    His obligation is to care about interests of his clients. And to give correct and useful data on public lectures related to his profession, by his own understanding of this.

> He wrote some personal attacks on social media

If that was not about psychology, of being about is not evidently and objectively incorrect, - it's not against his professional duties.

The question should be: Does something "bad" done critically prevents him to do good duties and activity of some profession?
    I doubt any critical message said publicly, even in rude form, would do. More to say, - totally and for anyone. So when this would be said such to happen - that would be a lie, and when restriction would be done - that would be real critical harm against that profession useful activity. This arises the question about competence of the ones who says about not fiting to professional requirements, critical degree of this and how adequate is what said as professional requirements.

> An analogous situation would be to censure a Catholic school teacher for doing OnlyFans.

Unlike with the discussed above, this example can be thought as critical harm to duties. So the analogy is incorrect and misleading.
    Priest or teacher is strong example of the behavior and _social morality_. Especially for kids. Behavior as public sex, promiscuity sex and prostitution are strongly against common traditions, significantly against church norms and its ideology. Also besides norms, can be pointed on objective harm as choosing worse personally fiting pairs, children without a parrent, spreaded diseases. To what predisposes popularization of sexuality set above the task of making marriage pairs, which need more whole basis than sexuality only.

> he has been acting impulsively ever since his controversial detox treatment in Russia

"dependence on a potent anti-anxiety medication"

When people get a treatment, means they had health problems. In this case the problem was with the brain and psyche, hence behavior.
    Higher impulsivity and irritation, besides possibly being among initial issues which were reduced by sedative meds, those can be among consequences of stoping long usage for sedative meds. The brain reduced natural abbility to suppress redundant activations, as this function was taken by sedative meds. This problem can be fixed not completely. Also he may use meds in now time with side effect on behavior, making it lesser restrained and lesser cautious (as may antidepressants and antianxiety meds).
    He may have changed life conditions which predispose him be more aggressive in actions.
    Besides negative changes, he could become more assured after psyche improvement to do more than before. Could to know and understand more. So then to say what he thinks as important about what he did not before or how did not before.

Then "acting impulsively" you evaluate by medias data. It's not good source to decide this, as medias are prejusticed to filter and exaggerate.

> controversial

It needs to know details of what was done and preferably to have medical education to say that as harmful, doubtful or even unusual. Psychiatry medicine in Russia is similar to what exists in USA.
    Also the problem situation here could be "Russia". If a treatment was done in France, that would not be so "controversial". There happens hithleristic anti-Russian propaganda in USA & Co medias and territories of today, similar to what was in Germany against Judaists.

Did not checked much about him, but may suspect he's taken as one of victims for social terrorism. Mb based on his politics related activity or other. To attack his professional activity only because he said publicly something unliked about someone - reminds this approach.
    I notice that in USA (and other places) is popular social terrorism by political reasons. People are restricted to get incomes when do what is not wished by some of politicians or by other who have some power. Those can be attacked by mass medias gossips or delusional explanations about not fiting to professional norms.
    The similar happens much in today sport, when by political reasons and against formal laws Russian sportsmen were forbidden to take part in competitions.
    It's general liers and social terrorists approach, when gossips and delusional accusations are used to attack people when they do something what was not liked by those who controls medias, money, etc. During this are ignored common laws about social descrimination and others. USA & co reminds more openly the world of Big Brother, where evident lie and madness become as norma.
    Last edited by Sol; 09-26-2023 at 01:05 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He has become more and more cryptic.
    It does not change my typing of him (EIE).

I'd call him a sell out.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It was interesting to know about his sedatives hard usage. Such meds reduce emotionality and emotional expressions to look closer to T types.
    I'm inclined to think F in him and the situation ads an argument.

Checked his channel, - 7 mil subs, >100k up to millions of views per a clip. The real reason of attention to his public talking and a wish to censorship him, as media activity is huge. He's by modern terms - "influencer", alike popular TV shows have.
    More to say, his channel in recent materials has not much about psychology. By surface look, some of his clips remind speculative mess for rural settlers, alike UFO shows.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    His obligation is to care about interests of his clients. And to give correct and useful data on public lectures related to his profession, by his own understanding of this.

> He wrote some personal attacks on social media

If that was not about psychology, of being about is not evidently and objectively incorrect, - it's not against his professional duties.

The question should be: Does something "bad" done critically prevents him to do good duties and activity of some profession?
    I doubt any critical message said publicly, even in rude form, would do. More to say, - totally and for anyone. So when this would be said such to happen - that would be a lie, and when restriction would be done - that would be real critical harm against that profession useful activity. This arises the question about competence of the ones who says about not fiting to professional requirements, critical degree of this and how adequate is what said as professional requirements.

> An analogous situation would be to censure a Catholic school teacher for doing OnlyFans.

Unlike with the discussed above, this example can be thought as critical harm to duties. So the analogy is incorrect and misleading.
    Priest or teacher is strong example of the behavior and _social morality_. Especially for kids. Behavior as public sex, promiscuity sex and prostitution are strongly against common traditions, significantly against church norms and its ideology. Also besides norms, can be pointed on objective harm as choosing worse personally fiting pairs, children without a parrent, spreaded diseases. To what predisposes popularization of sexuality set above the task of making marriage pairs, which need more whole basis than sexuality only.
    Legally, he clearly broke the rules. He agreed to a professionalism compact that restricted his speech. So does the Catholic teacher that's barred from doing OnlyFans.

Were his actions exactly analogous to violating a religious tenet? Probably not. Modern therapy doesn't have the same established legacy as the Catholic church; its doctrines aren't as ossified or closed-off to radical reinterpretation, and it's fair to say that its reigning tenets are difficult to disentangle from the individuated prejudices of its most influential practitioners. Therapy's reach as institution certainly extends far, though; maybe nearly as far as the church's once did.

> he has been acting impulsively ever since his controversial detox treatment in Russia

"dependence on a potent anti-anxiety medication"

When people get a treatment, means they had health problems. In this case the problem was with the brain and psyche, hence behavior.
    Higher impulsivity and irritation, besides possibly being among initial issues which were reduced by sedative meds, those can be among consequences of stoping long usage for sedative meds. The brain reduced natural abbility to suppress redundant activations, as this function was taken by sedative meds. This problem can be fixed not completely. Also he may use meds in now time with side effect on behavior, making it lesser restrained and lesser cautious (as may antidepressants and antianxiety meds).
    He may have changed life conditions which predispose him be more aggressive in actions.
    Besides negative changes, he could become more assured after psyche improvement to do more than before. Could to know and understand more. So then to say what he thinks as important about what he did not before or how did not before.

Then "acting impulsively" you evaluate by medias data. It's not good source to decide this, as medias are prejusticed to filter and exaggerate.

> controversial

It needs to know details of what was done and preferably to have medical education to say that as harmful, doubtful or even unusual. Psychiatry medicine in Russia is similar to what exists in USA.
    Also the problem situation here could be "Russia". If a treatment was done in France, that would not be so "controversial". There happens hithleristic anti-Russian propaganda in USA & Co medias and territories of today, similar to what was in Germany against Judaists.

Did not checked much about him, but may suspect he's taken as one of victims for social terrorism. Mb based on his politics related activity or other. To attack his professional activity only because he said publicly something unliked about someone - reminds this approach.
    I notice that in USA (and other places) is popular social terrorism by political reasons. People are restricted to get incomes when do what is not wished by some of politicians or by other who have some power. Those can be attacked by mass medias gossips or delusional explanations about not fiting to professional norms.
    The similar happens much in today sport, when by political reasons and against formal laws Russian sportsmen were forbidden to take part in competitions.
    It's general liers and social terrorists approach, when gossips and delusional accusations are used to attack people when they do something what was not liked by those who controls medias, money, etc. During this are ignored common laws about social descrimination and others. USA & co reminds more openly the world of Big Brother, where evident lie and madness become as norma.
    I don't disagree that general Western opinion is, for the moment, less than complementary towards Russia. But Western doctors aren't unprofessional, and their criticism of Peterson's medical choices was well in line with their medical training.
    Last edited by xerx; 10-02-2023 at 05:52 AM. Reason: wording

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This, I definitely sympathize with.

After its illegal invasion of Iraq, the United States wasn't banned from competing in professional tournaments (and neither is Israel, even though it routinely violates ceasefires and illegally annexes territory). If it didn't happen to the United States, it shouldn't happen to Russia.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE is pretty clear. Logical + Intuitive. Gamma.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

if it's IEE, as I think, then may @Expansion who can to have IEE, to find a use in him

TIM
    Ne Te
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it's IEE, as I think, then may @Expansion who can to have IEE, to find a use in him
    I don't see it, Sol. He is a control chaos type, long term planning systems builder.

Ask yourself which types in history are like that in form, and EIE pops up. I'd trust EIE's opinion over mine, and see if they identify with him.

So far I think 1 in the pole says no, IEI is the vote.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen a few public speeches of Jordan Peterson. He use so much Te and Ni... He is a gamma NT type, imo.
    LIE can be, because I can't see Fe vulnerable.

TIM
    Ne Te
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen Reddit arguments for ENTP, and other places vote quite high for it, with close splitting with the INFJ.

For the debater thinker type, a lot of shoehorning biases for the fit, e.g., a thinker could be disciplined, have a developed Fe, along with the education and cognitive ability could fill the role of an ethics professor. Like lightening strikes twice in same spot, probability.

Going by models of weak ethics in T, the question always is not knowing it well enough to be innovative with it it. If PoLR Fi the buck stops there?

How about poor Fi in LIE? Going to make schools for ethics knowing how the mind splits with great insights?

If the skies the limit for types, then any type could be anything if they had the ability. If LIE or ENTP can do high innovative ethics, then F can do high impersonal pursuits like organizing a corporate structure, and innovate artillery trajectories in the military. That is the segue.

Our choices and interest are mostly determined by ability.

I get the impression that the bias is that T can bridge remarkable gaps, well, because of T.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

based on "democratic objectivity", the leading are EIE, LIE, LII
    LII is close to be a joke for what he does on public.

Here he is near T type woman (mb LIE), to compare in emotional expression. Women are more allowed for emotions in our culture, so this difference should be more valuable. He is seen there as more emotional.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132