View Poll Results: how often do you get high on drugs?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never!

13 44.83%
  • a few times

5 17.24%
  • sometimes

7 24.14%
  • always

4 13.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you do drugs?

Hybrid View

Creepy-bg

Default do you do drugs?

?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define "drugs"

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done weed, amphetamines, MDMA and coke, all equally disappointing. Weed just made me feel dull and heavy. No rush, no elevated feelings of well-being or euphoria, just distorted perceptions and experiencing the world in bullet time. Amphetamine and MDMA gave a feeling of flow, like when you're completely anchored in the present moment and connected the people around you, removing all self-consciousness and making you act on instinct, but the same effect is achieved just by having a good conversation with someone, which makes paying for it pointless. The most worthless by far was coke. Three lines and no noticeable effect, except that 3 hours of sleep was enough to rejuvenate me after an all nighter of partying.

Alcohol does the most in terms of effect. Fires me up both physically and mentally, but when the buzz subsides I come down with strong feelings of self-loathing and melancholy. I only drink socially and as a consequence not often.

The reason I do drugs is because I want something that can't be achieved in a sober state. So far, nothing has done it for me. It seems I don't have the brain chemistry to really appreciate drugs. I'm placing all of my remaining faith in psychedelics.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cop View Post
    I've done weed, amphetamines, MDMA and coke, all equally disappointing. Weed just made me feel dull and heavy. No rush, no elevated feelings of well-being or euphoria, just distorted perceptions and experiencing the world in bullet time. Amphetamine and MDMA gave a feeling of flow, like when you're completely anchored in the present moment and connected the people around you, removing all self-consciousness and making you act on instinct, but the same effect is achieved just by having a good conversation with someone, which makes paying for it pointless. The most worthless by far was coke. Three lines and no noticeable effect, except that 3 hours of sleep was enough to rejuvenate me after an all nighter of partying.
    Really? That's interesting, I have never met someone that didn't absolutely love MDMA. This is one drug I need to stay away from because in my entire 31 years of existence, it is the single best feeling I have ever had in my entire life. I mean I could have been brutally murdered while on it and still die with a smile on my face.

Alcohol does the most in terms of effect. Fires me up both physically and mentally, but when the buzz subsides I come down with strong feelings of self-loathing and melancholy. I only drink socially and as a consequence not often.
    I get the same way. The after effects of alcohol are terrible. I get very depressed as well.

The reason I do drugs is because I want something that can't be achieved in a sober state.
    Yeah, I get this.

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Really? That's interesting, I have never met someone that didn't absolutely love MDMA. This is one drug I need to stay away from because in my entire 31 years of existence, it is the single best feeling I have ever had in my entire life. I mean I could have been brutally murdered while on it and still die with a smile on my face.
    It's like my mind is made of stone. I did as much as my friends who are pretty habitual drug users, but while they were smiling like goofs and getting all touchy-feely in a big gay pile, I just experienced something of a mildly pleasant buzz and desire for deeply personal conversation. Like I said, I suspect the reason for the mild effects is related to my chemical makeup.

Also it's a fucking nasty thing to ingest. The powder you snort is pretty harsh on your nostrils, and when it runs down the back of your mouth it tastes like fire and poison.

I get the same way. The after effects of alcohol are terrible. I get very depressed as well.
    Yeah, it makes me socially paranoid. I go through the events of the evening in my head and get hit by waves of shame if I remember something foolish I did or said, imagined or otherwise and however minor. Also fills me with a general sense of dread.

One positive thing about my drug resistant physiology however is my apparent immunity to hangovers, lol.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cop View Post
    It's like my mind is made of stone. I did as much as my friends who are pretty habitual drug users, but while they were smiling like goofs and getting all touchy-feely in a big gay pile, I just experienced something of a mildly pleasant buzz and desire for deeply personal conversation. Like I said, I suspect the reason for the mild effects is related to my chemical makeup.

Also it's a fucking nasty thing to ingest. The powder you snort is pretty harsh on your nostrils, and when it runs down the back of your mouth it tastes like fire and poison.
    I would never snort anything. There are pills but yeah....maybe you just need more or it wasn't very good or you just are resistant. I am that way with just about everything, I have to usually do three times as much as anyone else to even feel a thing.

Yeah, it makes me socially paranoid. I go through the events of the evening in my head and get hit by waves of shame if I remember something foolish I did or said, however minor. Also fills me with a general sense of dread.
    I thought I was the only one that got like this lol. I despise drinking in front of people I don't know well because I get a lot more anxious unless I've had about 6 drinks which at that point I tend to just zone out in my own little world and stop talking altogether. I am a very weird drunk.

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I would never snort anything. There are pills but yeah....maybe you just need more or it wasn't very good or you just are resistant. I am that way with just about everything, I have to usually do three times as much as anyone else to even feel a thing.
    I suspected it could be a quality issue as well but as I've had this problem with all drugs I've tried, I suspect it has to do with how my brain reacts to drugs.

It's possible that doing more would've led to better effects but as we shared the stuff we had equally I didn't do any more than my friends did.

I thought I was the only one that got like this lol. I despise drinking in front of people I don't know well because I get a lot more anxious unless I've had about 6 drinks which at that point I tend to just zone out in my own little world and stop talking altogether. I am a very weird drunk.
    Ya, setting is important when it comes to the effect it has. Drinking with friends makes me overbearingly hyperactive both physically and mentally. Drinking with acquaintances or alone just makes me apathetic and sleepy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed Ni people were more into alcohol, either Ni egos or Ni seekers.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Is this a setup? Did my parole officer put you up to this?

Whatever drugs I may or may not use are legally prescribed. Not always to me though.

[just kidding for those who don't know by now]

I plead the 5th.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Is this a setup? Did my parole officer put you up to this?

Whatever drugs I may or may not use are legally prescribed. Not always to me though.

[just kidding for those who don't know by now]

I plead the 5th.

i had an idea last night to make the same poll, but anon, to see if the results would be different.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    i had an idea last night to make the same poll, but anon, to see if the results would be different.
    I woke at 5 in the morning with an answer to this thread but was too sleepy to post it. I forget what it was now but it was one of those dream insights and might have been all deep and poetic but I didn't so all you will get is the following...

*deleted* I think I left it public long enough. Will share privately is asked.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-24-2015 at 02:52 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to score free weed: tell a bunch of stoners you've never been high.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post

you sly dog.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    i won't do it anymore. it haunts you to see someone you got high for the first time kill themselves with heroin or someshit ten years later, or worse, within a couple of years. even just seeing them turn into a pothead is like, ehh, crap... i did this.
    Last edited by bg; 09-24-2015 at 02:54 AM.

Creepy-bg

When you posted this I was beating myself up for not being stronger. I am ok now. It was a slip. I am not going to dwell on it. I had a choice to continue or stop and I made the choice to stop with full awareness. I am actually feeling good about myself for this. In the past it could have gone so badly.
    [/spoiler]
    nonono. it's fine to not be open about it, or at least i dont see it as a weakness. there's legit reasons to feel weird about being open in a public poll or discussion like this (even if it's just "i feel weird").

@Aylen edited to add
    Last edited by bg; 09-24-2015 at 03:12 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this past spring/early summer I was smoking a lot of weed (blew through an ounce in two weeks at one point), but that gradually tapered off. now I mostly just drink occasionally and do hallucinogens when they're available.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    this past spring/early summer I was smoking a lot of weed (blew through an ounce in two weeks at one point), but that gradually tapered off. now I mostly just drink occasionally and do hallucinogens when they're available.
    i've gotten up to a 1/2 oz of dispensary weed in a week lately, but tapered it down to a 1/4 to 1/4+1/8th by shifting strains around. i'm still baked all-day though, but I'm kind of wanting work on that maybe soon.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never done drugs. I do like to drink beer/wine in moderation
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there a sensor/intuitive split in terms of preferred drugs?
    i like hallucinogens but don't find them significantly more exciting than just going outside. lol

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    is there a sensor/intuitive split in terms of preferred drugs?
    i like hallucinogens but don't find them significantly more exciting than just going outside. lol
    i loved lsd in my late teens and early 20s, then it got to be speed (which one of my favorite aspects of was the trippiness of sleep deprivation+smoking pot), the one constant though has been weed, i always like getting baked.

alcohol i was only into before i found drugs. Drinking just makes me feel like shit or the brief little window of feeling good from alcohol isn't worth all the feeling like shit that comes with it.
    Last edited by bg; 09-21-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like drugs. I've never done any of the famous hard ones. Researching drugs on Erowid was one of my past times as an adolescent/young adult though, because I found drug stories absolutely fascinating. I've done a couple of the more effective, but safe, legal drugs(LSA, DXM, Kava) as well as the casual drugs, alcohol and pot.

I also tried nutmeg(look it up) and smoking catnip and green tea once. Lol. Don't do that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If alcohol counts as drug - certainly. On holidays, generally not more than 1 time per month. In common quantity ~400 gram of wine it does not depress me significantly, makes less cautious. Quick sober, no bad post effect. I suppose those who have bad effects take rather more than human's norma 30-40 gram of pure spirit or use off-grade product. I prefer local producers: Crimea, Moldavia, near-Caucasus.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    If alcohol counts as drug - certainly. On holidays, generally not more than 1 time per month. In common quantity ~400 gram of wine it does not depress me significantly, makes less cautious. Quick sober, no bad post effect. I suppose those who have bad effects take rather more than human's norma 30-40 gram of pure spirit or use off-grade product. I prefer local producers: Crimea, Moldavia, near-Caucasus.
    Please make video.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Please make video
    Relation to drugs may be typical for ESTJ. At least in societies where they are marked as bad and non healthy.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post

I also tried nutmeg(look it up) and smoking catnip and green tea once. Lol. Don't do that.
    what happened?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    what happened?
    well the first attempt I ended up hacking it up ala the cinnamon challenge(look it up/don't do it for the love of god). second attempt I drank it down(and bought actual nutmeg) mixed into something. I felt like crap for a day and a half. It's supposed to be an extremely dysphoric hallucinogen, but all I got was the dysphoria.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    well the first attempt I ended up hacking it up ala the cinnamon challenge(look it up/don't do it for the love of god). second attempt I drank it down(and bought actual nutmeg) mixed into something. I felt like crap for a day and a half. It's supposed to be an extremely dysphoric hallucinogen, but all I got was the dysphoria.
    LOL i actually have seen the cinnamon challege, unfortunately...

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want to watch people OD in front of me. That would be hot. I knew kids that became coke heads in high school. It made them easier to manipulate and make do things for me. I learned in freshman year that my cousin's drug habit made it easy for me to exploit him. I helped supply his drug habit. After school, I would pay him money to let me and my friend, who had a driver's permit at the time, go for a drive in his car, and then I, not my friend, would drive the car. My cuz was so desperate for any cash he could get that he would let me take the car myself. One day I came back two hours later and he flipped out. I took the car everywhere. Thank you drugs. When my 'friend' quit doing pot I bought an ounce and gave it to him with the intent of getting him to smoke again. Sure enough he was back smoking. It just makes me so hard and horny to exploit people that way that I sold drugs for a time, too.

I'm definitely more on the exploiter side of the fence. I have done some drugs like pot and ecstasy. Nothing major, though. The first couple of times I smoked pot nothing would happen and the other person would be as high as a kite. It felt like I had immunity to it.....then one night I smoked a fat ass blunt on my way somewhere. I just assumed ya smoke the whole thing because I likened it to cigarettes. I smoked that shit down in record time too, and thought nothing of it, with that invulnerable this shit ain't got nothing on me. I was fine after that, for like 20 minutes, and then I just fell on my ass. I was as high as a motherfucker and couldn’t wait for it to end (it's just no fuckin' fun)! This older guy introduced me to ecstasy. he was like a few years ahead of me in school but he was another one of those people in my life that would pretty much do whatever I wanted. Even if I hinted at not liking somebody he would want to beat them up for me, or at least give them shit, even though i could beat him up. It was a similar situation as it was with the fuckbuddy ring. I had him that he would just want to buy me things, too and if I wanted something he had he would let me borrow it, and there was a good chance he would never see it again. 70 dollar polo shirts, CDs. I burnt him for all kinds of shit. He rolled out the red carpet for me. The first night he took me to this underground spot where there was a rave going on.

I was only there for a New York minute and already I’m the baddest motherfucker ever to step foot in the place. I juiced him for like a couple hundred bucks in total….I never paid for anything. he wanted to impress me lots so like a skanky reprobate I sucked him dry. Then when he sought me out to return the favor I would just leave him twisting in the wind. hehehe. I played him good but once the game is over he's as good as dead to me. I didn't like ecstasy. Thing is the drug itself made me nice, like all warm and fuzzy and shit. I'm not that way by nature so I didn't take well to the drug's effect, charm is only a tool I will sometimes use to manipulate when I want something. In some ways I’m like a drug addict, even worse. See an earlier post about them not having empathy and duping everybody. I’m as vicious as a drug addict if not more and don't have any empathy. I lie to get ahead very well. I’m untrustworthy and that’s especially apparent when I have an opportunity in front of me to get what I want, even if its just for my own amusement, i take it every time.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

recycling an image.

or maybe both.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do you do drugs?:

Yep

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't do drugs. Admittedly, I am a nerdy self-righteous GMLG with a stick up my ass.

But I have been close to people who were addicts though, and it's horrible. They lose all empathy and become manipulative fucktards. And it annoys me being around drug users, because I see through the sweet facade more easily now- and how they just dupe everybody and everyone to get their next high. The "durr I'm just a hippie liberal person who likes drugs, leave me alone" facade is always dropped and they show their true colors and repressed rage and psychopathy/mental disorders.

TIM
    void
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a serious pothead and a part-time alcoholic for a bit. I do not do drugs at all anymore. Once I get on track with my career, I may go back to pot. I don't see the problem with occasional pot usage, but anything that makes you into a drug drone should be considered a problem.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once i did Coke (diet coke)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Only racoonationally.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chocolate

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Chocolate
    Pretty bad chocolate addiction here myself

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Chocolate
    black caviar

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    xtc is cool and pretty harmless
    there are no harmless among forbidden substances

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    there are no harmless among forbidden substances
    In Europe there have been 2 large scale researches done around 15 types of drugs. The results even came on tv etc.

I remember they looked at 3 aspects, addictive, physical problems, social problems.

In the first study xtc was 13th bad of the 15. On the second study it had a similar place. Even weed was rated as more destructive than xtc.

Alcohol, heroine and cocaïne were all in the top 3 in both studies as being the most destructive drugs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I remember they looked at 3 aspects, addictive, physical problems, social problems.
    If there were no research of chronic psychical problems (fatigability, degradation of attention, affective disorders, sociopathic behavior, etc) after intensive using drugs, then that researches are useless. While to forbid something there were researches too. And they were done with government control, but not by just dontknowwho wich may get money from drug dealers and say anything. Previously there was case with "safe" tobacco. Even in case of government control I'd doubt in some degree as people at power like to say "there are to many humans".

In the first study xtc was 13th bad of the 15
    At least they were honest to say it's bad, but not safe.

Alcohol, heroine and cocaïne were all in the top 3 in both studies
    As you may understand this depends on quantity and frequence. Consequences for typical systematic user of cocaine/heroine/forbidden drug and typical user of alcohol are fundamentaly different. If they say cocaine/heroine used in such way give similar problems to health as alcohol, and extasy give less problems - they say evident bullshit and their "study" is an advertising for drugs at "safer" end, as I've suspected.
    The manipulation scheme is: you see most people get alcohol from time to time and think to get a forbidden drug is similarly ok too, for some drugs even more ok than alcohol. You don't think that the destructive effect of typical dose of forbidden drug is rather more than of typical dose of alcohol. Don't think that forbidden drugs are rather more addictive and it's much harder to don't get more and more, not to go to other drugs. Don't think that even a single dose of some drugs may have long negative effects. Don't think that there is no normal control how drugs are made and you may get overdose or be poisoned, or your body will have nonstandard reaction. I studied with a guy who died after a drug on a party - he was only 21 years old.
    Want to get more adequate data about drugs - read medical book, general psychiatry or narcology section. There you'll find descriptions what happens with those who think some drugs are safe in a typical form of their use.
    Last edited by Sol; 09-27-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast