Thread: try typing this set of behaviors

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default try typing this set of behaviors

For a friend's sake. Free-form observations by me.

1) Driven focus on perfection and "being the best". Very ambitious; doesn't like being bested by anyone. The type of person who would be a school valedictorian.
    2) Tends to make extremely long-range life plans and take necessary steps to follow through with them. "Living in the moment" would not be in this person's checklist. This person seems to always know what they want.
    3) Quite talkative, but not necessarily very sociable. Likes to develop working understandings of relevant information and share them with others, usually with prose "well logically, xyz" (this may or may not be for establishing ethos with others).
    4) Fast, busy, eager, driven - good descriptors. Tends to absorb information very quickly, but tends to be verbose, even rambling, when relaying information to others. Often busy in free time - not usually with social events, but with "necessary work for the future".
    5) Relaxes with fast-paced strategy games like League of Legends and creating visual art. Tends to be more interested in the humanities than science or technology.
    6) Resting image - looks disgruntled and somewhat unapproachable, but isn't usually this way with friends.

Type ideas? I have a couple Sociotypes complete with subtypes (all systems) outlined but I also want to get exterior opinions.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lsi/lie, we'll call emphasis on humanities an anomaly unless aspects of the person's personality are "humanities-like."

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE was my first guess. Because of the not living in the moment thing and the humanities bit I figured that initial guess might be off. LSE have that creative Si so are able to live in the moment.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds LIE to me (this description could be of me, except for "The type of person who would be a school valedictorian.", because, who cares?), but if LIE, I don't know what he's doing in the Humanities.
    Doesn't really sound LSE to me, I don't know exactly why, except for the "driven to perfection" part, which can be LSE. But usually, LSE's care more about their reputations than LIE's do. Also, LSE's are always busy doing stuff, whether it is productive or not. LIE's pretty much only work on stuff if they see that it is part of the big picture and there is a payoff. They hate to waste time with re-do's. LSE's have a really hard time seeing where the path they are on is leading, but LIE's live on that future path.
    So, #1 sounds more LSE, but #2-6 sound LIE.
    Do you personally like this person? LIE's and LII's are drawn to each other and can have incredibly productive conversations about objective problems, but can have a hard time talking about personal stuff. On the other hand, LII's often admire or feel helped by LSE's, since LSE's are the LII's Benefactor. It might be hard for you to distinquish between these two interactions irl, though. If the person is of the opposite sex, ask yourself if you think they are hot. Or fascinating. If so, they are probably LIE. (At least, I personally am drawn to LII females because I find them to be fairly sexy, although not nearly as sexy as LSI's.)

Actually, I agree with Ouronis, this person could also be LSI.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

could be EIE, you could invite him to post here if he's looking to get typed

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Sounds LIE to me (this description could be of me, except for "The type of person who would be a school valedictorian.", because, who cares?), but if LIE, I don't know what he's doing in the Humanities.
    Doesn't really sound LSE to me, I don't know exactly why, except for the "driven to perfection" part, which can be LSE. But usually, LSE's care more about their reputations than LIE's do. Also, LSE's are always busy doing stuff, whether it is productive or not. LIE's pretty much only work on stuff if they see that it is part of the big picture and there is a payoff. They hate to waste time with re-do's. LSE's have a really hard time seeing where the path they are on is leading, but LIE's live on that future path.
    Do you personally like this person? LIE's and LII's are drawn to each other and can have incredibly productive conversations about objective problems, but can have a hard time talking about personal stuff. On the other hand, LII's often admire or feel helped by LSE's, since LSE's are the LII's Benefactor. It might be hard for you to distinquish between these two interactions irl, though. If the person is of the opposite sex, ask yourself if you think they are hot. Or fascinating. If so, they are probably LIE. (At least, I personally am drawn to LII females because I find them to be fairly sexy, although not nearly as sexy as LSI's.)

LSE's are LII's mirage(and vice-versa). Your benefactor is always your supervisor's dual(or your dual's supervisor).

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

LIE was also my impression.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, my thoughts are LIE-Ni or EIE-Ni. Prominent Ni but with an Ej temperament, which can be confusing or even contradictory at times. Thank you all for your responses!

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    For a friend's sake. Free-form observations by me.

1) Driven focus on perfection and "being the best". Very ambitious; doesn't like being bested by anyone. The type of person who would be a school valedictorian.
    2) Tends to make extremely long-range life plans and take necessary steps to follow through with them. "Living in the moment" would not be in this person's checklist. This person seems to always know what they want.
    3) Quite talkative, but not necessarily very sociable. Likes to develop working understandings of relevant information and share them with others, usually with prose "well logically, xyz" (this may or may not be for establishing ethos with others).
    4) Fast, busy, eager, driven - good descriptors. Tends to absorb information very quickly, but tends to be verbose, even rambling, when relaying information to others. Often busy in free time - not usually with social events, but with "necessary work for the future".
    5) Relaxes with fast-paced strategy games like League of Legends and creating visual art. Tends to be more interested in the humanities than science or technology.
    6) Resting image - looks disgruntled and somewhat unapproachable, but isn't usually this way with friends.

Type ideas? I have a couple Sociotypes complete with subtypes (all systems) outlined but I also want to get exterior opinions.
    This sounds exactly like an LIE I know except he was/is sociable and loves to party. He is however serious about his goals and fits this description soo well. We have some similarities in how we present ourselves and in our interests (though we are very different people) probably because of our Ni.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    LSE's are LII's mirage(and vice-versa). Your benefactor is always your supervisor's dual(or your dual's supervisor).
    Yes, thanks, Ouronis. You're right. I don't know what I was thinking, but maybe I just wrote that too late in the day. LII (Ti-dom) will find both LIE and LSE (Te-doms) fascinating. My LII sister mistook this fascination for compatibility, and married an LSE. They don't call it Mirage for nothing.