Thread: 80Q- The obnoxiously long but interesting questionnaire

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default 80Q- The obnoxiously long but interesting questionnaire

I actually did this about a year ago on another forum and got mixed results. It will be interesting to see what you think. Particularly on the Ti section. I was told conflicting things- I have strong Ti and I have weak Ti. Personally I believe the former.

Ti:

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    Specific is like a subset of the general. The details, the particulars. Specific to general- finding an underlying thread that links the specifics together. General is more big picture oriented.

2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    It is easily reasonable and makes sense in all aspects. It’s coherent, it all fits together. I’m not sure what the common view of logical exactly is. I would assume so- most people think I’m quite logical.

3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    Since there are 12 hours on the clock, divide into twelves. So 1:00 is like 1/12th, 7:00 is like 7/12ths and so on. You can also think of it like a pie. 3:00 pm with the hour hand on the 3 and the minute hand on the 12, is like a quarter of a pie. 3/12ths which is equal to 1/4th

4. What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
    There are rules of nature- like principles of physics and then there are rules people set up, like governmental laws and organizational rules for the sake of order and morality of society. Obviously laws of nature have to be followed- I haven’t gotten around the laws of physics yet (I’ll let you know if I find a way ). Moral laws for the most part should be followed for the good of society. Rules in your job should be followed if you want to keep your job. The moral laws and organizational laws don’t absolutely have to be followed. You do have free will, you can always choose not to follow them. But you have to be prepared for the consequences if you don’t. You might be regarded as an outcast by society, you might go to prison, you might lose your job, etc. For the most part laws and rules in society are a ‘necessary evil’ and are needed for society to run smoothly. Sometimes though, there will be an overly arbitrary rule that makes little sense. Rules like those should be challenged. Think bureaucracy.

5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    What sort of hierarchy are we talking about here? Social hierarchies? Logical hierarchies- like an outline for a paper?
    Hierarchies among people I tend to not like- I don’t like all these social classes and stuff. Prefer everyone is on an equal level. I can understand why organizations though have hierarchies. CEO, middle manager, subordinates. It probably runs more smoothly that way. Someone more knowledgeable and experienced should probably be in charge. Do you have to follow the hierarchy? No, but there may be consequences if you don’t like losing your job or being an outcast.
    Logical hierarchies I see like an outline of a paper. You have a main point, and then subpoints and sometimes sub-sub points, etc. You don’t need to follow them either but to make your ideas clear and understandable its probably best that you do.

6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    I like instructions if they are clear, concise, and make logical sense. I like it when it’s explained why the individual steps are important- something that’s often left out. Too often, instructions are poorly written- there are ambiguities, it’s not clear enough, it’s too long- pointing out the obvious without pointing out the less obvious but still important points. Sometimes I’ve had the urge to write an instruction manual myself because I feel I could do a better job than the one provided. Not sure what kind I’d write- maybe something on how to do something on a computer. I see instruction writing like an art. You want to make it so an idiot could understand without that person being made to feel like an idiot. Easier said than done, probably. Regarding instructions, I prefer to try to figure things out myself first and if I can’t then ask for assistance. If that doesn’t work, then I refer to the instructions.

7. Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    I see it as kind of the opposite, actually. It’s important to know what the laws are and why they are in place and not just ignore them entirely. Most laws I believe, have good intentions- they bring an order and moral fabric to society. There are times when exceptions need to be made and when the laws are doing more harm than good. The wise person realizes when this is the case and when it may be in the best interest to not comply or challenge them. You are free to choose whether or not to comply.

8. Tell us how consistent you are.
    It depends on the context. Logically, I strive for consistency as much as possible. In my personal habits, I’m more variable- I find schedules overly rigid preferring to go to bed and eat when I feel like it and tend to work in spurts. Things like that. Morally, I also strive to be consistent as much as possible- with the realization that exceptions sometimes need to be made. Emotionally, I don’t feel as consistent even though I wish I was more that way. My moods can widely vary time to time.

9. What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?
    A benchmark of something generally considered to be ‘ideal’ by most- whether it be work performance, product quality, behavior, etc. People need standards to know what level of quality is acceptable and what to work towards. It gives something to focus on.

10. You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    I am actually a librarian by profession! I’d arrange the books in order by Dewey Decimal number. I’d assign each book a Dewey Decimal number and stick the code at the bottom of the spine. Just kidding. I do have my books at home though roughly sorted by subject and I put books by the same author all together. I also arrange them aesthetically (sp?) to some degree and place the ones I look at most frequently in easy to get at places. I actually enjoy organizing my books, call me an anal nerd.

Te:

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    Work is performing actions to fulfill one’s goals or for the betterment of society. People go to work for various reasons. Most probably, the main reason is to make enough money to meet basic needs and have a decent standard of living. Beyond that people work for personal fulfillment or to feel they are contributing something of value to society.

As to whether or not I can do the work, am I physically able? Am I mentally able? Do I have the skills needed? I might be able to the work in the literal sense of the word but may choose not to for various reasons- uninteresting, physically grueling, too repetitive, makes me do things against my principles, etc.

2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    I don’t think there is a correlation between the two. You can have high quality and low quantity and vice versa. In general, higher quality products have higher prices but not always. Price depends largely on demand. Sometimes there are things in high demand for various reasons that are not always the best quality.

3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    I think people determine quality by how well it meets some preset standards. I tend to determine quality that way too. People don’t always agree on the level of quality because people use different standards to judge. I think I’m quite good at determining the quality of purchases. Better when its a type of product I’m familiar with or have purchased before. I pay a moderate amount of attention to quality. I don’t want a shoddy product but it doesn’t necessarily have to be top of the line either. I just want something that works well and is reasonably priced.

4. How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    I feel guilty about having poor time management skills or not meeting the expectations of others. Fortunately, that rarely happens. I make it a priority to finish work I take on- especially if I’m working for others. I want to make a good impression and I don’t want to get fired! With personal projects though, it’s a different story. I try to set timetables for myself, but I don’t seem to be able to stick with them for very long or very consistently. I tend to take on too many things or am unrealistic about how much I can do in a given time. Sometimes other things take precedence or become more interesting than what I was working before. I have many projects going in different stages of completion.

5. What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
    Interesting to me is something that is mentally stimulating. It is something that piques my curiosity and something I can do for long periods of time and not get bored. I know it’s interesting if I keep going and am reluctant to stop and lose track of time.

6. You go to thestore and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    I compare it to other similar products and see if the price falls on the high end or the low end. I compare the features of like products- is there a reason why one is higher priced than another. I look at the product and if possible test it out. That chair might be really cheap because it’s not comfortable. With minor purchases, I don’t worry too much about it- just buy what I can afford and feels right. With more major purchases I’ll do more research- check multiple stores or read product reviews. With minor purchases, I’m usually too lazy to do the research and check multiple stores.

7. When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
    I find that statement harsh, that just sounds rude. I don’t do well with unsolicited criticism. If I ask for feedback on how to do it better, I welcome some constructive criticism. That’s my first impression anyway. Sometimes, there isn’t one right way or best way and people should respect different approaches. Generally, I want to do it the way I see fit that makes logical sense and is efficient. I just want to be left alone to do my work and not have others intervene and tell me how to do it differently for the most part.

8. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    My initial instinct would be to feel anxious and inadequate. I would try to observe the professional and try to learn from him or her. Later on I might come to realize that people can perform the same task in different ways- people have different personalities and work styles. I may not be as good that professional in a particular way but I may be better in some different way.

9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    It depends on the context. If its a difficult or overwhelming task, I don’t mind asking for help, especially if its something I dread doing. Usually I try to do things myself first, asking for help when I get stuck or not sure how to proceed to the next step. Sometimes I’m shy about asking for help because I’m afraid of being thought of as incompetent or stupid.

10. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
    My initial reaction: Are you shitting me? I would ask why I was asked to do this in the first place. If they were serious about me wanting to do this I would feel very overwhelmed at such a massive undertaking. Where does one even start? I would ask alot of clarifying questions. Do you mean exactly the same size and materials as in Egypt or do you just want a small scale model that looks like it?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Si

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    Beauty is something that captures the senses and makes an emotional impact on you. The parts fit together in a harmonious way. It’s hard to describe but I know it when I see it. I sometimes change my opinion about beauty because my personal tastes change and because I’ve matured. When I was younger, I wouldn’t see the beauty in a sad poem, but now I get why sadness can be beautiful for example. I think my understanding of beauty as a concept is typical. What goes beyond the generally accepted notion are some of the individual preferences themselves, like an idiosyncratic taste in music or art.

2. Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    The clothes are eye catching without being too distracting, the pieces harmonize with each other. It flatters the figure, accentuating the good points and covers up the not so good points. See above question for the core of beauty- that’s how I’d explain it to someone.

3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?
    Beauty is largely in the eye of the beholder- it is highly subjective, so not really a template to use. Classical beauty would be beauty that holds the test of time- like certain pieces of music from classical composers or Renaissance art.

4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    Comfort makes you feel good physically. Coziness is kind of hard to explain. It’s related to comfort but I see it as being in a more quiet and intimate setting. It’s hard to explain how I create comfort and coziness. I know what makes me comfortable and I try to have those things nearby. I have fan in my bedroom in case I get hot. When I go places, I take things with me like Tylenol, hand lotion, tissue, etc. in case I need them. I’m not sure how others are evaluating my skill in doing this- it isn’t something I think about. My mom sometimes wonders how I can stand to wear certain clothes- she thinks its too hot or cold for the weather. I don’t always agree with her assessments. I trust my own assessments on comfort more than other peoples’.

5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    I pick clothes using a combination of factors: comfort, appropriateness, what’s appealing to me, and what looks good on me. I’m pretty oblivious to fashion trends. As long as the clothes are good quality, I’ll keep wearing them several years after purchasing them. I buy the sorts of things that don’t typically go out of style. I like functional but attractive. As far as buying clothes for different figures, I don’t know how good at that I am. I think I have a sense of what’s flattering or not but often times I need to try it on for myself and look in the mirror. It’s sometimes hard to tell just by looking at something on the rack.

6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?
    I don’t cook as often as I should. I don’t particularly enjoy it. Typically, I eat things that don’t require cooking or you can just heat in a microwave or I just eat fast food. When I cook, I typically follow recipes to the letter because I don’t trust my ability to improvise and have it come out decent. I don’t have enough knowledge of the correct proportions of ingredients or the significance of each step. What in a recipe is critical to follow, and what can be modified to what degree? If I have more knowledge, I could probably improvise more. Interestingly though, I haven’t had anyone criticize my cooking skill. On the rare occasion that I cook things for people, they do seem to like it.

7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    I’d like to think I am. I know what I like and what looks well to me personally. I haven’t really gotten feedback from others in this area so hard to say.

8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Beauty is subjective, it’s a case of whether or not their opinions happen to match up with mine.

9. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I pick things that are functional and also attractive and look well together. I prefer to do it myself because I know what I like or don’t like and I can’t expect others to read my mind on that. They might get it wrong.

10.How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
    Taste is subjective. There is no inherent good or bad taste. I cringe when people speak of ‘good taste’ or ‘bad taste’. Taste is a personal thing. If someone points out someone has ‘bad taste’, it’s like invalidating their feelings on something in a way. People act like if someone likes some music or art that they themselves don’t like, then that person must be wrong and have bad taste when it’s just different taste. The only time I speak of bad taste when something is done intentionally to offend others. Like a racist joke in the company of people who are the subject of the joke. I trust my own taste rather than seek opinions from others.

Se

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    I can’t make anybody do anything. Ultimately it’s their decision. I can persuade them to make changes by pointing out the benefits of doing so. I can press people if I have to but I prefer not to unless necessary. When I press people its because they have done something unacceptable and would like them to stop or there’s something urgent that needs to be done.

2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    I had to Google this term. It means an invasion or attack, especially a sudden or brief one. I haven’t had this happen to me yet so I’m not sure how I’d deal. I’d probably panic. Maybe try to flee. Maybe attack back if I had the strength. I don’t know.

3. What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
    “My people” are those who share similar values and are people that I relate to. “Strangers” are just people I haven’t been acquainted with yet. “My people” do not become “strangers.” They may become “Not my people” if they betray my trust, hurt me, or no longer enjoy the company of.

4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
    Yes there are strategies. I don’t know anything about them. I haven’t served in the military, on a police force, or taken a self-defense class. It’s hard to use strategies when you don’t know them. Attack is justified if you truly feel threatened physically- like someone points a gun at you or if someone is attacking you, you have the right to attack them back.

5. Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
    In normal, everyday situations, you should ask first to respect peoples’ space and privacy. It’s okay to occupy their territory if they say its okay to do so. A few exceptions would be the police force investigating someone’s house if they had strong reason to suspect they were hiding illegal drugs or if someone steals something that’s yours and you enter their territory to try to get it back.

6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    See question #4 above. While attack is of a physical nature, volitional force can also be accomplished through methods like verbal threats in addition to physical violence.

7. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    I lock my car and my home when not inside it. I don’t give out passwords, credit card numbers, etc. to people. Certain pieces of information I only share with those I trust so it’s not used against me. I try to stay alert of what’s going on around me- which isn’t so natural for me because I’m so lost in thought much of the time. Common sense things like staying away from high crime areas if possible, wary of offers from strangers.

8. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    I can’t recall being in a situation where I was required to use force. There have been times when I’ve gotten really angry or frustrated and slammed a door but that’s different. In situations of opposition I try to reason with them, explain why they need to do something and the consequences of not doing so. I guess at work, I’ve had to make people to leave the library because they were overly disruptive but I wouldn’t call that using force.

9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    Depends on what you mean by strong. In some ways I have a strong personality. I’m determined and have a strong sense of right and wrong. I stand up for what I feel is right. I can be strong willed about some things. Once I tell myself I want to do something, I try to see it through if possible. In other ways, I’m not so strong. Sometimes I’m rather wishy-washy and weak willed about some things. I can be overly sensitive and easily discouraged and frustrated. Physically I’m not particularly strong either.

10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    Obviously there’s physical strength but I see a strong person more in terms of personality traits. Someone with lots of willpower and determination who makes things happen. Someone who is confident and decisive. I think the core of any force is this strength I’ve describe. I think people are more likely to listen to people who are are in positions of authority, who are confident and knowledgeable in what they’re saying. Charisma doesn’t hurt either. You can have all of these qualities and it doesn’t guarantee someone will listen to you. Some people are biased- they only listen to people they personally like or believe what they believe in.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fi

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    It means rude and lacking manners. I think it correlates with the generally accepted notion. To a 10 year old child I would explain that boorish means not being polite or rude- hurting other peoples’ feelings. Explaining it to an adult- I don’t know exactly- I’d just point out that they are not following ethics and how not doing so impacts others.

2. How would you improve the moral of the society?
    I don’t think I can change the moral of the entire society. That’s just not very realistic. At best, I can set a good example for others by behaving morally myself and doing good deeds.

3. Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?
    Yes. What’s good or bad behavior depends partly on what society teaches us as good or bad. If someone didn’t receive that teaching or came from a different culture it’s perfectly reasonable that they are behaving in a way they don’t see as bad.

4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    Love means you unconditionally accept the person for who they are. You care deeply for the person and are there for them. Yes, you can love and punish at the same time. You are not pleased with what the person did but you still love them and accept their shortcomings.

5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    Neither method is the objectively ‘right’ one. Personally, I’m more comfortable with the Southern hospitality method. The latter one seems too selfish and not taking other peoples’ wishes into account. For the most part hosts should be as accommodating to their guests as reasonably possible. I do think, however hosts have the right to set some boundaries- if you prefer your guests leave at a certain time because you need to go to bed and get up early the next day, for example, you have the right to assert that up front.

6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    Sympathy is understanding the difficulties the other person is going through and feeling bad for that. I express it if the person shows obvious signs of sadness, tells me they are going through a difficult time like loss of a loved one or diagnosed with a serious illness. It’s advised not to express sympathy if you can’t be sincere about it. Or if the other person doesn’t want it- some people when suffering just want to be left alone.

7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    Yes, there are lots of norms. I usually follow the norms because it either coincides with my moral principles or because I don’t want to suffer potentially unpleasant consequences of not doing so. Sometimes I won’t follow a norm that doesn’t make sense to me or is plain stupid. People always have a choice as to whether or not to follow the norms. For the most part, the norms are there for a good reason and people should follow them. Sometimes norms change with time and become outdated or no longer serve a useful purpose, then its time to change them.

8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    Hard to say. People entitled to their own opinions and attitudes on things. As long as it doesn’t hurt others I don’t really care.

9. What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    Moral means ethically sound. Immoral means ethically unsound. I think my understanding of the terms correlates with others but what I consider to be moral or immoral may differ from others. Not sure how to evaluate the correctness of this understanding? Is that possible?

10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
    I don’t handle others’ negative attitudes well. Especially if directed towards me. My first instinct to feel offended or defensive. I would want to figure out why their attitude is negative and what can be done about it. I can show negative attitudes towards someone else but rarely do this openly. I usually try to hide this and try to act civil towards others, even those I don’t like. I don’t like the silent treatment, it doesn’t solve things and peoples’ feelings just get bottled up. Just solve the problem and if that’s not possible, end the relationship. Forgiveness depends on others’ intentions. If their intention wasn’t to hurt me, I’m far more likely to forgive than if their intentions were bad- in the latter would have a very difficult time forgiving. I have a hard time letting go of past hurts. I forgive more easily than I forget.

Fe

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    I’m not totally clear what this means. My guess is that it means that the world does not revolve around one individual’s feelings. I sort of agree. Yes, peoples’ feelings are important but the whole world shouldn’t bend to just one person. What causes the most people the most happiness is what we should aim for, not just one individual.

2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    Expression is acceptable in the general sense. It’s okay to show laughter, tears, joy, disgust, etc. There are specific instances when certain emotional expressions are inappropriate. Examples of inappropriate expression would be laughing at a funeral, showing boredom at your child’s performance, etc.

3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    Yes I can. I cry when I’ve lost a loved one or when something disappointing happens like not getting a job I really wanted and felt very well qualified for. I show frustration when doing something with a bunch of unexpected difficulties and not getting the result I’d like. Some negative emotions I feel but try to usually hide- such as dislike for other people. I get angry now and then but tone it down, especially if I’m angry at others.

4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    When I’m sad I cry or wallow. When frustrated, I get agitated. At worst, I curse to myself or start to stomp my feet. When angry, may raise my voice but avoid getting violent. Most of the time, others don’t notice my negative emotions. Try to keep them to myself. Occasionally I feel like I overdid it on some emotion- made a mountain out of a molehill so to speak. I feel bad when I’ve let emotions get the best of me.

5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
    Not totally sure. I don’t really think of emotions in terms of shallowness or deepness. They just are what they are. I guess shallow emotions are less sincere- feeling an emotion because you should, not because you actually feel that way. Shallow seems more childish. Getting sad or angry over something most would find unimportant for example.

6. What are right or wrong emotions?
    Not such thing as right or wrong emotions. Emotions just are. There are right or wrong means of expression for different situations but the emotions themselves are not wrong. For example, it’s okay to feel angry but not okay to punch others in the face.

7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    With some difficulty I suppose I could change the emotional state of myself. It rarely happens and I rarely try to do so. I feel what I feel, find I don’t have much control over my emotions. It’s much easier to control your thoughts or attitudes towards something. I’m pretty poor at changing emotional states of others and rarely try. I have a hard time dealing with other peoples’ negative emotions, especially when directed towards me. Usually prefer to avoid such people. Occasionally I try to cheer people up or calm them down with mixed results.

8. What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen?
    Expressing emotions in all their intensity in the moment, without restraint. It happens when I’m under intense stress or pressure- my normally rational mind temporarily turns off and the emotions take over. Normally, I’m not the sort of person to pour out my emotions. To most, I appear pretty calm and sane. Once in awhile when alone or alone with a family member or friend, I might pour out emotions- when really stressed.

9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
    Yes and no. I try to express what is appropriate for the situation. Which means sometimes I have to hold it in. I struggle to hide boredom. Someone starts talking to me and I’m not interested in what they’re saying and I just want to leave but I try to fake interest to be polite but sometimes still wonder if they can tell I’m bored.

10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
    Yes, I easily detect my mood at the moment and how it changes. I pay attention to the moods of others- sometimes I feel hypersensitive to this- especially negative moods. Sometimes I’m wrong about their emotions though. If they are the type who’s not very emotionally expressive, I may not be able to tell or get it wrong.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ni

1. Do you like surprises?
    If the outcome is good, yes. Otherwise, no. Aren’t most people like this?

2. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    People change their attitudes towards things as they grow and mature. People work on their shortcomings. Obviously there’s physical changes too that occur as people age through the lifespan. Sometimes people change for the better and sometimes for the worse. Drugs or a bad marriage can seriously screw up someone’s life for example. I like seeing people work towards self-improvement and being the best person they can be. I can easily see how someone is changing and I think others can too- some probably see changes more easily than others or pay more attention to them.

3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    No, but it would be nice if it were that way. Things just happen. You can find a bright side in whatever happens but you could just as easily find a dark side. I’m not sure whether or not there is some purpose or inherent good to life or whether there is some higher being guiding us.

4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    I think horoscopes, fortune telling, etc. is a bunch of hogwash. I believe in luck because a lot of things in life happen by chance and are beyond anyone’s control.

5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    There is no way to know for absolutely certain whether or not an event will occur for sure or at what time. I think people who forecast events look for trends and patterns of what has already happened and look into that to project what might happen in the future. Also applying science principles.

6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
    Time is the 4th dimension. Time is relative- theory of relativity. Time as we measure it is an arbitrary construct- we call a day 24 hours and a year 365 days. We could have just as easily made a day and a year a different length but these numbers are easier for measuring things since earth rotates in 24 hours and goes around the sun in 365 days. We can easily see that. Time is felt by the passage of events. You can’t ‘kill’ time in the literal sense of the word. No way to escape time’s passage. You can ‘kill’ time in a figurative sense by wasting it on meaningless, non-productive activities. I’m probably ‘killing’ tons of time filling out this questionnaire.

7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    I can wait if I need to but I prefer not too. I’m rather impatient, especially if it’s something I’m really looking forward to. If I don’t know when it’s supposed to happen, I look for signs and data that might help me in estimating a date. Other things I have no way of knowing or not much control over. I don’t know when I’ll die, for example. So I try to just live my life to the fullest and not obsess over it. I may be able to prolong my life by healthy habits but I’ll die eventually. Some things like looking for a better job are stressful and make me impatient because I want it to happen but I don’t when it will happen or where. I have some control over it by coming prepared to job interviews but ultimately the decision is in the company’s hands, not mine.

8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    I don’t need help creating forecasts or determining how something will end. I rarely try to create forecasts and sometimes I don’t always want to know how something will end- like a book or movie- I kind of like to be surprised. Sometimes as I’m reading or watching, I try to predict where it’s going. Sometimes I’m right, sometimes not and I like it that way. If others forecast events, whether or not I trust them depends on their credentials. If its just a fortune teller, no I don’t trust it. If it’s someone who has done a bunch of research and has data to back up their predictions, I’ll likely trust it.

9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    I’m usually on time or slightly late for social events. For work, I’m slightly early to on time. Rarely late and usually have a good reason for it. If someone is late I don’t worry about it too much unless they are really late. See question below. I do prefer that people be punctual and I try hard to be punctual.

10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…
    a. I’m still on my way to the meeting myself. So no worries.
    b. Either just getting in the door or almost there. If I’m going to be running a little late, this is the time I let the person know.
    c. Not too worried yet, I figure they will be here soon.
    d. I worry- something either seriously delayed the person or the person just forgot. Will try to contact the person. Getting impatient. I don’t like waiting around.
    e. I leave and try to reschedule. I wish I knew why the person was late and why he or she didn’t try to contact me. I’m a little peeved but not extremely so.

Ne

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    I’m not sure if there is an inherent meaning in life or not. I would like there to be some inherent meaning or higher being out there but it can’t be proven so I assume there is not. So I believe we need to make our own meaning in life. It will be different for everybody. Personally, I want to feel like I’ve made a positive difference in society and that when I pass on, people will remember me for the positive impact I’ve had. I’m terrified of just fading into oblivion.

2. What should be done so people can be happy?
    Different things make different people happy. In a general sense, I think people seek pleasure and avoid pain. People want their physical needs met, feel loved and secure, and self-actualized. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, baby!

3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
    A combination of all three. It depends on how familiar I am with the situation and how much I know about it. If I’m less familiar, I’m more likely to seek out advice or do logical calculations like crazy. I’m more likely to trust my gut in situations where I feel “I’ve got nothing to lose anyway” or if I feel I can handle the worst that could happen.

4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about?
    I get an impression of whether or not they are a nice, decent person. Whether or not they seem intelligent. Whether or not they are good looking (by my own subjective standards). I get a sense of the person through what they say and their body language.

5. Does it take long to understand someone's talents?
    I usually understand peoples’ talents quickly. I size people up easily and get a sense of what their strengths are. Talents related to personal traits are more easily to discern- talent for empathy, charisma, cool in a crisis etc. Talents like juggling may not be so obvious unless the person talks about it or demonstrates the skills to you.

6. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?
    Qualities: Good sense of humor, good conversationalist, unique, doesn’t worry what others think, authentic, unconventional
    What makes an interesting person is someone who you enjoy company with and never get bored. You want to keep learning more and more about the person.
    Am I interesting? Depends. My family and friends think I’m interesting enough. I’m probably not perceived as particularly interesting by the general public. Reason is I’m pretty quiet and private and tend to avoid being the center of attention. Also I have alot of nerdy interests that others don’t share.
    If someone calls me boring, it’s probably because they don’t know me well and don’t share common interests or see me as being too average.

7. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.
    a. Opinions that seem to be backed up by data and tend to be fairly consistent with my own self-assessment. I’m pretty self aware. Examples would be you are intelligent, considerate, but sometimes too hard on yourself and self-absorbed
    b. Opinions that judge me by one particular action and don’t look at me as a whole. Hard to think of specific examples. Perhaps you are boring- they only know one part of me and the part they saw was boring?
    c. Like b above, except there is intent to offend. Examples would be you are stupid, you are selfish
    d. Strange- seems to come out of nowhere and doesn’t agree with anyone else’s assessment. Can’t think of any examples now.

8. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
    Yes. I fantasize about how my life would be different if an aspect of it changed, such as living in a different county, having many siblings instead of just one, being the opposite gender, much richer or much poorer, etc. I imagine various what-if scenarios. What if I lived forever, what would that be like? What if left was right and right was left? The world being a mirror image of what’s now and then picturing it in my head. What if I shrunk so I was only an inch tall, how would my perceptions change? I could go on and on.

9. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why? What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    To be successful, don’t give up in times of difficulty, know yourself and be true to yourself, don’t let others dictate terms of success for you, work hard, don’t be afraid to take risks
    What stops a person from being successful: Poor self-discipline, fear of failure, giving up too easily, not being true to oneself and just blindly following someone else’s path

10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    Being good means being kind and considerate to others, treating them like you want to be treated, being helpful, making a positive difference in peoples’ lives. Being successful means achieving your goals and objectives and moving up in the world. Good people are not always successful. Plenty of people do good deeds that go unnoticed or don’t get the credit for them. You can be good and still be at the bottom of the social and economic ladder. Conversely successful people are not always good. They lie, cheat, do anything to move up even if it hurts others. This is a tough question. I guess being good is more important. I don’t want to end up bad and successful like ****** or someone like that. I think being good can be successful in itself if your good deed result in a positive impact on society. The biggest thing I worry about is once I die, having nothing to show for my life- I want to be remembered by others in a positive way. I want to leave something good behind and not just fade away into oblivion.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INSIGHTS ANYONE?

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some of these answers made me think of INFjs. have you considered EII for your type?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    some of these answers made me think of INFjs. have you considered EII for your type?
    I'm considering it right now as a matter of fact. I'm not sure though.

It seems like I'm the only one that gives a shit about the Fi section and takes it seriously.

Which answers in particular do you see as INFj?

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    Yes seems very Fi and Ne.....not Fi Se......EII fits. Lead Fi really fits.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatesyardwork View Post
    Yes seems very Fi and Ne.....not Fi Se......EII fits. Lead Fi really fits.
    Interesting. Care to elaborate more?

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Interesting. Care to elaborate more?
    From your questionnaire........this is my opinion it's subjective. Your answers seemed more in line with Fi lead valuing than Ti valuing and I also see you as an Ne ego and not Se.......just the way you answered your questions especially the Fi section of the questionnaire if you are Fi lead . SEI is possible but I see you as Fi/Ne ego not Si/Fe. Saw your video as well, where you were typed by an MBTI practitioner as INTP and I get Fi/Ne.............just a lot of depth and emotion under the surface but NF valuing over NT because you seem intuitive but with a reserve and self containment that is typical of Lead Fi. You seem quite more in line with EII I know than ESI if you are a Fi lead, but you aren't as hard looking as they are, a little more vulnerable.......ESI seem more aloof on the surface, because of Se and EII a little more "Bambi". Just my take, I am as full of shit as anyone here.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like I'm the only one that gives a shit about the Fi section and takes it seriously.
    This section is very revealing and demonstrative of Fi over Fe valuing imo.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@hatesyardwork @yeves Which subtype would you say I am?

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@hatesyardwork @yeves Which subtype would you say I am?
    This is hard for me to answer. You would know better than I and I can see you are leaning EII. My take on the subtypes........... I have 2 very close male EII friends.....one is Fi, the other is Ne. The Fi greatly admires NT and wishes he could "shake off" his emotions sometimes because he knows he is offended easily but consciously tries to be objective and forgiving. The Ne is offended by any step over his moral compass, way too hard on other people for benign offenses and forgives no one. Eggshells or no eggshells?
    This Ne is a truly fucked up person and its heartbreaking because he is brilliant but not demonstrative of a healthy Ne. MY TAKE
    Last edited by hatesyardwork; 10-10-2015 at 06:58 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is hard for me to answer. You would know better than I and I can see you are leaning EII. My take on the subtypes........... I have 2 very close male EII friends.....one is Fi, the other is Ne. The Fi greatly admires NT and wishes he could "shake off" his emotions sometimes because he knows he is offended easily but consciously tries to be objective and forgiving. The Ne is offended by any step over his moral compass, way too hard on other people for benign offenses and forgives no one. Eggshells or no eggshells?
    I really admire NT and their objectivity and 'thick skin.' I wish I wasn't so easily affected by emotions. It would make me life less heartache. I try to be as accepting and forgiving as I can and I try hard to see the good in people. But I'm also rather hard on them, have high expectations of them and get disappointed by others easily. If someone hurts me, I can forgive them if I know they didn't really mean it or if even if they intended to hurt me but they are sincerely sorry and I have good reason to believe they won't behave like that in the future. But I have a very hard time forgetting about it and completely letting go. Their past misdeeds will taint any future interactions I have with that person and it takes alot for that harm to become undone.

What do you mean by 'eggshells' exactly?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I only just noticed this thread...(must be a nuisance to fill out so many questions only to not get lots of feedback right away).

I think it is obvious that you have a certain sense of composure, that you dislike things being disturbed too much, that you dislike those who cause a certain amount of disharmony. You clearly think there are optimal ways of doing things in certain circumstances... it is difficult to not see your role as a librarian as deeply symbolic of this...but I think you also like to do things at your leisure. Also, while you don't see there necessarily be absolute truths, morals, ways of doing things etc., it seems obvious that you believe that everybody should try to tap in some common language of politeness, and should also maintain to sustain a certain sense of order in all things.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I only just noticed this thread...(must be a nuisance to fill out so many questions only to not get lots of feedback right away).

I think it is obvious that you have a certain sense of composure, that you dislike things being disturbed too much, that you dislike those who cause a certain amount of disharmony. You clearly think there are optimal ways of doing things in certain circumstances... it is difficult to not see your role as a librarian as deeply symbolic of this...but I think you also like to do things at your leisure. Also, while you don't see there necessarily be absolute truths, morals, ways of doing things etc., it seems obvious that you believe that everybody should try to tap in some common language of politeness, and should also maintain to sustain a certain sense of order in all things.
    All very good insights.

So I'm guessing you think some Si valuing Ixxj type? In other words, LII or EII.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

All very good insights.

So I'm guessing you think some Si valuing Ixxj type? In other words, LII or EII.
    it was difficult to answer without saying "this could basically be me writing".

Yeah, I just thought you are someone who values , has an ordered way of doing things but is not extroverted (I think based partly on the feeling of quiet composure, but many descriptions that people on the forums write about themselves are like that: this will be partly due to the nature of the people posting of course, but also the nature of writing), and I think someone, who when seeing the questions, wasn't sure on whether they were being asked theoretically or not (e.g. is "The Art of War" a manual on how to defeat armies through warfare, and/or is it something that is widely applicable?).

I think considering types like SLI or ILI...where is the especially? where is the except as a secondary concern? I think the level of importance you place on order and the dislike of anything other than organised chaos is clear (and of primary importance to you), although there is a danger of me only interpreting your self-descriptions through my own eyes (i.e. how I feel I act). Of course many SEIs would greatly love being a librarian, and be very good at it: they would love their own world, and of course SLIs also for example would love harmony and like some semblance of order, but I think you have a systematic liking for it (if you found something out of place logically (or by some other measure), it would bug you, and you would sort it out in accordance with your own pre-assembled sense of order. Speaking from my own experience, I don't think your mind would be ever really be at rest in such a regard, even if you were suppose to be relaxing!).

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really admire NT and their objectivity and 'thick skin.' I wish I wasn't so easily affected by emotions. It would make me life less heartache. I try to be as accepting and forgiving as I can and I try hard to see the good in people. But I'm also rather hard on them, have high expectations of them and get disappointed by others easily. If someone hurts me, I can forgive them if I know they didn't really mean it or if even if they intended to hurt me but they are sincerely sorry and I have good reason to believe they won't behave like that in the future. But I have a very hard time forgetting about it and completely letting go. Their past misdeeds will taint any future interactions I have with that person and it takes alot for that harm to become undone.

Eggshells, that wasn't a clear analogy..........I felt I was walking on eggshells around the one EII Ne and not the EII Fi. One was always humble and reflective, the other was arrogant and reactionary. I have Fi, so I get it, we can be very self absorbed anyway but then you add some very strong intuition and you can have arrogance whether logical or ethical....... but these guys are very different. Both very sensitive and very easily hurt and incredibly smart but handle pain in very different ways. The Fi stews on it and tries to not accept all responsibility for others actions, the Ne already blames others anyway. One absorbs the Fi punch, the other assumes you are going to punch anyway and attacks you first, for the slightest unrelated inference.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eggshells........... I was always walking on eggshells around the one guy. Very very wounded guy. Hurt so much and often that he became bitter and untrusting........total obsessive focus on his own emotional stasis. Fi at it's worst and most defensive. It seemed like Fi was the only function he used.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have been claiming LII since 2005? Oh shit I see you changed it already.....lol? Se PolR. now, indecisive.......what do you think fits you woman? How about erotic attitudes? You see yourself as Childlike or Caregiver?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You have been claiming LII since 2005? Oh shit I see you changed it already.....lol? Se PolR. now, indecisive.......what do you think fits you woman? How about erotic attitudes? You see yourself as Childlike or Caregiver?
    Well I've had questioning phases off and on. Mostly between LII and EII but occasionally some other types have been involved.

I fit childlike erotic attitude quite well.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eggshells, that wasn't a clear analogy..........I felt I was walking on eggshells around the one EII Ne and not the EII Fi. One was always humble and reflective, the other was arrogant and reactionary. I have Fi, so I get it, we can be very self absorbed anyway but then you add some very strong intuition and you can have arrogance whether logical or ethical....... but these guys are very different. Both very sensitive and very easily hurt and incredibly smart but handle pain in very different ways. The Fi stews on it and tries to not accept all responsibility for others actions, the Ne already blames others anyway. One absorbs the Fi punch, the other assumes you are going to punch anyway and attacks you first, for the slightest unrelated inference.
    I think I might be slightly more like the Fi guy you describe but not totally sure. For the most part I'm humble and reflective but I can be reactionary when someone has hurt me emotionally, when there's something I strongly believe in that's violating my principles, etc. I tend to be more self-blaming than blaming others but I will not 'accept' being punched by others. So it's difficult for me to just sit and absorb it and not do anything about it. And sometimes I do overreact, accuse someone of hurting me when it wasn't their intention or I interpreted the situation wrong.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I've had questioning phases off and on. Mostly between LII and EII but occasionally some other types have been involved.

I fit childlike erotic attitude quite well.
    I saw your join date, not meant to offend........ your doubt between the two types suggests merely your sincerity and that you strongly relate to Ne.
    Childlike..........this is Ne/Si. Is this compelling to you? If you or others find erotic attitudes suggestive than this statement of childlike preferences should silence any SLI or SEI notions you or others have since I believe the preference to be very compelling.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I saw your join date, not meant to offend........ your doubt between the two types suggests merely your sincerity and that you strongly relate to Ne.
    Childlike..........this is Ne/Si. Is this compelling to you? If you or others find erotic attitudes suggestive than this statement of childlike preferences should silence any SLI or SEI notions you or others have since I believe the preference to be very compelling.
    I'm not sure it's so compelling as it is the one that clearly fits me the best.

Aggressor is out for obvious reasons, Se PoLR.
    Victim is out because I'm not at all attracted to aggressive types. The masochistic attitude they sometimes have puzzles me as well.
    Caregiver role I play sometimes but childlike fits far better. I'm more inclined to want others to take care of me physically than the other way around. Although too much can be annoying as I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I might be slightly more like the Fi guy you describe but not totally sure. For the most part I'm humble and reflective but I can be reactionary when someone has hurt me emotionally, when there's something I strongly believe in that's violating my principles, etc. I tend to be more self-blaming than blaming others but I will not 'accept' being punched by others. So it's difficult for me to just sit and absorb it and not do anything about it. And sometimes I do overreact, accuse someone of hurting me when it wasn't their intention or I interpreted the situation wrong.
    This seem very Fi lead and not Ti lead.

Fi types will stand up for ourselves........but questioning what we did......was I right? Was I wrong? Was that proportional? Should I let this slide? Is this important to me to stand for this? Harmonizing ends if our integrity and dignity becomes the issue, then Fi takes over and we set a boundary, very strongly and decisively. I have a terrible temper when someone acts poorly towards me, won't stand for it.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This seem very Fi lead and not Ti lead.

Fi types will stand up for ourselves........but questioning what we did......was I right? Was I wrong? Was that proportional? Should I let this slide? Is this important to me to stand for this? Harmonizing ends if our integrity and dignity becomes the issue, then Fi takes over and we set a boundary, very strongly and decisively. I have a terrible temper when someone acts poorly towards me, won't stand for it.
    Yep. And some people think Se PoLR types are just spineless wimps that just take literal and figurative beatings by 'bullies' and the like.

I sometimes feel ambivalent towards my career as a librarian- well the customer service aspect of it. Because sometimes the customer isn't always right and sometimes they just want to vent to you and take advantage of you and abuse your dignity. When they are upset at me it's next to impossible for me not to react defensively. If someone is upset with me, I have no motivation to help make things better for the customer. I would rather just show the customer the exit door. But if the customer is kind and polite, I can bend over backwards to help.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure it's so compelling as it is the one that clearly fits me the best
    Again I feel you are EII because I see you as a lead Fi Dom, even before you mentioned childlike attitudes, but even if you are LII, your erotic preference is static if we can agree on Ne ego.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Again I feel you are EII because I see you as a lead Fi Dom, even before you mentioned childlike attitudes, but even if you are LII, your erotic preference is static if we can agree on Ne ego.
    All Ne ego types are childlike. (LII, EII, ILE, IEE)

All Se ego types are aggressor. (LSI, ESI, SLE, SEE)

Both Ne and Se ego types are static. (Ixxj or Exxp)

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Ne ego types are childlike. (LII, EII, ILE, IEE)

All Se ego types are aggressor. (LSI, ESI, SLE, SEE)

Both Ne and Se ego types are static. (Ixxj or Exxp)
    I know this, it made me chuckle. You guys are inflexible......Si and Ni a little wiggle room. I like to spank or get spanked depending. Not sure if that is brag worthy.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

You put Ti in your Fi section though (I did that too in my own questionnaire)

Ti also in the Te section. Te is not low dimensionality at all, overall, it has the flexibility to consider individual differences for example.

Should I go on?

(ps. I recall I already analysed your questionnaire in depth at PerC, I reread it anyway now here and yeah I would only be repeating myself if I went into more details to analyse your answers.)

I don't see how any of this is specific to strong Fi in ego.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chips and underwearFeels like I've read this before lol

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    @chips and underwearFeels like I've read this before lol
    Well, read it again and give me your analysis, please.

Did you formerly go by some other username?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Just went back and re-read along with another one. Your questionnaire reads very much like the person in the first link on my Typing Resources thread. She was typed via those protocols as ILE. I originally just thought she was a brain-damaged IEI. After having read her questionnaire, her SSS determined type (as well as the write-up for it), and her personal difficulties, I can see how ILE would make sense. Although I don't know what the protocols/parametrics would place your questionnaire at (as I am only barely in tutelage), I can say that your Si and Fe are both low dimensionality and individualistic, as well as your Te being individualistic. ILE seems most likely, be it in a seemingly more healthy manner than the other person. Remember, even in stereotyped descriptions of ILE, the female ones usually get the short end of the stick, since they don't readily "fit the mold" society gives out. Hope this is beneficial.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Er. Not that similar to Recede except that both of them are Alpha NT... I still think LII for OP.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the 80Q a while back and I have been typed as both EII and LII on it.

It's interesting you mention the Fi block being flawed and it just might be. I've had people comment on my strong, well-thought out responses to the Fi block but I may be incorporating other functions there.

Could you please look over my 80-questions if you have time, particularly the Fi section? I would be interested in your interpretation of it.
    Responding here so as not to derail the other thread.

Again, I don't think the Fi block really says much about Fi in general. Sure you do use some Fi vocabulary, but I get the feeling that you don't have very strong personal feelings.in general. Your default state is more like "detached consideration." I've made subtle comments elsewhere about your valuing of Fe etc., so I think you are LII.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm impressed by how well thought out and specific your answers are. I like eii just because you seem to have a personable humanistic sort of bent.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Responding here so as not to derail the other thread.

Again, I don't think the Fi block really says much about Fi in general. Sure you do use some Fi vocabulary, but I get the feeling that you don't have very strong personal feelings.in general. Your default state is more like "detached consideration." I've made subtle comments elsewhere about your valuing of Fe etc., so I think you are LII.

I agree with the part about the 'detached consideration' but I also believe that I do have strong personal feelings about many things. Maybe I just don't show them as much as some people. Or we are defining personal feelings differently.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I'm impressed by how well thought out and specific your answers are. I like eii just because you seem to have a personable humanistic sort of bent.
    No reason why other types can't be personable or humanistic but I see what you're getting at.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Agreed, that thing about the detached consideration is a big part of why I type OP as LII. No way she's EII, lol, EIIs are a lot less impersonal* and OP seems to value Fe as well...

*: they can try and sound impersonal with Ti role but it just doesn't sound as natural as it does for OP.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Agreed, that thing about the detached consideration is a big part of why I type OP as LII. No way she's EII, lol, EIIs are a lot less impersonal* and OP seems to value Fe as well...

*: they can try and sound impersonal with Ti role but it just doesn't sound as natural as it does for OP.
    Well I already knew your opinion and how stubbornly you adhere to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast