Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49

Thread: Does SEI tend to be an adventurous type?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    256
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Does SEI tend to be an adventurous type?

    I was watching Back to the Future recently and started thinking that Emmet Brown and Marty McFly might be a fictional representation of a LIE-SEI dual pair. I originally thought of McFly as being ISTp, but he seems to actually give off a pronounced feeling vibe in a lot of situations. So I guess the question is, would literally heading off into the great unknown just for the hell of it with their LIE dual something a SEI would be inclined to do? Are they explorer types? I guess McFly might be better typed as an ESFp, not sure.

  2. #2
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,897
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    I was watching Back to the Future recently and started thinking that Emmet Brown and Marty McFly might be a fictional representation of a LIE-SEI dual pair. I originally thought of McFly as being ISTp, but he seems to actually give off a pronounced feeling vibe in a lot of situations. So I guess the question is, would literally heading off into the great unknown just for the hell of it with their LIE dual something a SEI would be inclined to do? Are they explorer types? I guess McFly might be better typed as an ESFp, not sure.
    LIE-SEI duality? They are different quadras. ESE can be pretty adventurous. The whole movie vibes Alpha quadra to me but I don't really remember it.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  3. #3
    tejing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    TIM
    LII-H
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As Aylen said, LIE and SEI aren't duals. LIE is dual to ESI and SEI is dual to ILE.

    Emmet Brown is a definite ILE, and Marty is probably ESE, which would make them Activators.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

  4. #4
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,539
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tejing View Post
    As Aylen said, LIE and SEI aren't duals. LIE is dual to ESI and SEI is dual to ILE.

    Emmet Brown is a definite ILE, and Marty is probably ESE, which would make them Activators.
    Agreed. Emmet Brown is ILE, not LIE.

  5. #5
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Make like a tree and get out of here

    Last edited by Chains; 09-15-2015 at 07:28 PM.

  6. #6
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,897
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    Make like a tree and get out of here



    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  7. #7
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post



  8. #8
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,897
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    I meant to convey "split". hahahah

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  9. #9
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I meant to convey "split". hahahah
    I just thought you wanted me dead, lol.

    jk

  10. #10
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEI on it's own doesn't strike me as a particularly adventerous type on it's own. They seem to mindlessly fall into routines much of the time. They aren't adverse to adventure though. They just need the ILE to help them see all of the possibilities out there. In the ILE's company SEI can be quite adventerous.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    256
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I screwed up, I meant to say Emmet Brown was ILE.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,102
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    N types are more adventurous from point of S types, because they don't understand much of their motivation
    To call such a SEI I can't, but they may share adventurism of N fellow.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  13. #13
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    inconspicuous adventurous type

  14. #14
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,897
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    inconspicuous adventurous type
    When did you become Te polr?

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  15. #15
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes and no. They can be but in general need a push to get there. For instance, my SEI won't go out of his way to do something new or different, but if I suggest he's usually down and goes for it.

  16. #16
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    When did you become Te polr?
    Since I've read up on Si subtype. It is all making sense. Te polr =/ inability to use Te. I feel an incredible amount of internal tension when pressed with Te. It's a source of much of my stress. Te users really, honesty are too gung-ho about the most efficient way to do things that it drives me crazy! I'm willing to do things efficiently, but not for the sake of efficiency, but because I may let other people down if I'm not as efficient as they expect me to be.

    I really prefer a more leisurely way of life and feel that people are too much in a hurry and that they need to slow down and enjoy life more.

    ***edit*** I get really expressive around people I know well. I used to be much more expressive, but I was raised in a working class household and working class men aren't suppose to emote, you know what I mean?
    Last edited by Chains; 09-20-2015 at 01:41 AM.

  17. #17
    Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    dispersed into the cosmos
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Posts
    1,971
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    SEI on it's own doesn't strike me as a particularly adventerous type on it's own. They seem to mindlessly fall into routines much of the time. They aren't adverse to adventure though. They just need the ILE to help them see all of the possibilities out there. In the ILE's company SEI can be quite adventerous.
    Yes, I think this duality makes both more adventurous. Someone to pull me out of my insane head and I could give new potential for them by playing devil´s advocate in their minds. Yes, SEIs love it ESEs might like it as well to pass time.

  18. #18
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've always liked little mini adventures where I quietly tagged along with people who knew how to navigate the world at large and had some of the best experiences of my life.

  19. #19
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    I think it could make sense for you. I think an SEI with good logic abilities and a higher education could see themselves as LII. LIIs are quick to point how these SEIs are not LIIs. Same with EII. Si subtype would have strong emotions that they don't display often, kind of like an EII. It's just that the ethics of SEI is more flexible. So, I could see SEI-Si identifying with LII and EII. I have often felt like an outsider trying to get into both the LII and EII club, among a few others. They'll take my money, but still won't give me a bracelet, lol.

    It's not that you are or aren't LII. That isn't for me to decide. It's that I could see where you're coming from.
    Yes my ethics are rigid as often I am however they are kind and have kind intentions at heart. I don't like being flappable and unstable

  20. #20
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Yes my ethics are rigid as often I am however they are kind and have kind intentions at heart. I don't like being flappable and unstable
    Mine are really flexible. I have them, but they seem really vague. I hardly get offended and when I do I am hardly vocal about it. I figure anything is permissible as long as the people involved aren't harmed and they are in agreement. I don't take life all that seriously. We're on a remote planet billions of years old circling a black hole in a very old universe. Despite this, I seem well behaved. I do tend to break rules a lot or at least gripe about them. ;p

  21. #21
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    Mine are really flexible. I have them, but they seem really vague. I hardly get offended and when I do I am hardly vocal about it. I figure anything is permissible as long as the people involved aren't harmed and they are in agreement. I don't take life all that seriously. We're on a remote planet billions of years old circling a black hole in a very old universe. Despite this, I seem well behaved. I do tend to break rules a lot or at least gripe about them. ;p
    My ESE friend say something similar to what you've said here which is "as far as I see it we're just rearranging the chairs on the Titanic." while I understand and respect your sentiment I think I'm"programmed" to take my place and make sure all goes smoothly.

    And about the EII club. I don't know what that is but you are always welcome to talk to me.

  22. #22
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    My ESE friend say something similar to what you've said here which is "as far as I see it we're just rearranging the chairs on the Titanic." while I understand and respect your sentiment I think I'm"programmed" to take my place and make sure all goes smoothly.

    And about the EII club. I don't know what that is but you are always welcome to talk to me.
    Why thank you.

  23. #23
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    Since I've read up on Si subtype. It is all making sense. Te polr =/ inability to use Te. I feel an incredible amount of internal tension when pressed with Te. It's a source of much of my stress. Te users really, honesty are too gung-ho about the most efficient way to do things that it drives me crazy! I'm willing to do things efficiently, but not for the sake of efficiency, but because I may let other people down if I'm not as efficient as they expect me to be.

    I really prefer a more leisurely way of life and feel that people are too much in a hurry and that they need to slow down and enjoy life more.

    ***edit*** I get really expressive around people I know well. I used to be much more expressive, but I was raised in a working class household and working class men aren't suppose to emote, you know what I mean?
    I resonate a lot with this. I also feel a lot of stress when pressed to be efficient. Also, at an extreme, when the focus is purely on efficiency, once enough corners are cut, people can start being harmed. I ran into a situation like this today actually.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  24. #24
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    "On a chatbox diet" lol

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    I resonate a lot with this. I also feel a lot of stress when pressed to be efficient. Also, at an extreme, when the focus is purely on efficiency, once enough corners are cut, people can start being harmed. I ran into a situation like this today actually.
    I do not see efficiency as cutting corners. It is to me a therapeutic way of getting things done as quickly and as accurately (time constraints factored in) as possible. The thing with efficiency is this: it starts off with oneself, one becomes a better and a harder worker. Then one looks around: who isn't working as well as they could? Who is shuffling around with their mobile phones? Then it gets to the stage of: Who is capable of thinking for themself and solving issues?

    The best way to do this overall is to take control and give out instructions on how we do things. A group left to themself will not organise by themself, if they could they would not need you or me to instruct them.

  26. #26
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spritelite View Post
    I do not see efficiency as cutting corners. It is to me a therapeutic way of getting things done as quickly and as accurately (time constraints factored in) as possible. The thing with efficiency is this: it starts off with oneself, one becomes a better and a harder worker. Then one looks around: who isn't working as well as they could? Who is shuffling around with their mobile phones? Then it gets to the stage of: Who is capable of thinking for themself and solving issues?

    The best way to do this overall is to take control and give out instructions on how we do things. A group left to themself will not organise by themself, if they could they would not need you or me to instruct them.
    Time time time

  27. #27
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spritelite View Post
    I do not see efficiency as cutting corners. It is to me a therapeutic way of getting things done as quickly and as accurately (time constraints factored in) as possible. The thing with efficiency is this: it starts off with oneself, one becomes a better and a harder worker. Then one looks around: who isn't working as well as they could? Who is shuffling around with their mobile phones? Then it gets to the stage of: Who is capable of thinking for themself and solving issues?

    The best way to do this overall is to take control and give out instructions on how we do things. A group left to themself will not organise by themself, if they could they would not need you or me to instruct them.
    Well, my experience has been that those who are too focused on honing the efficiency of a "machine" lose sight of the human component. In a setting where the human component is very important, losing sight of it essentially makes the efficiency of the "machine" benefit the business aspect of things, while being a detriment to the people being served within the machine.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  28. #28
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Well, my experience has been that those who are too focused on honing the efficiency of a "machine" lose sight of the human component. In a setting where the human component is very important, losing sight of it essentially makes the efficiency of the "machine" benefit the business aspect of things, while being a detriment to the people being served within the machine.
    Hence seeking someone to manage the relationship aspects of life

    That would be me because I love people and I love to love them with love

  29. #29
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    inconspicuous adventurous type
    Good. We can be duals then. I'm a conspicuous unadventurous type.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  30. #30
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    "On a chatbox diet" lol
    The chatbox never seems to be very active when I'm there. I must scare them all away.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  31. #31
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Hence seeking someone to manage the relationship aspects of life

    That would be me because I love people and I love to love them with love
    yeah me 2
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  32. #32
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Well, my experience has been that those who are too focused on honing the efficiency of a "machine" lose sight of the human component. In a setting where the human component is very important, losing sight of it essentially makes the efficiency of the "machine" benefit the business aspect of things, while being a detriment to the people being served within the machine.
    I don't quite look at it as losing sight of the human component so much as losing the ability and freedom to do things in a manner in which the situation calls for. Te is good for getting your ducks in a row, but it is the end goal that is most important. For me, it's not about doing things the most effective, efficient way possible, but developing some kind of "flow" which has its own kind of efficiency and effectiveness. To Te types, it does look like cutting corners, but it's just eliminating steps that seem irrelevant to the overall task. Steps that don't affect the end result.

  33. #33
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    I don't quite look at it as losing sight of the human component so much as losing the ability and freedom to do things in a manner in which the situation calls for. Te is good for getting your ducks in a row, but it is the end goal that is most important. For me, it's not about doing things the most effective, efficient way possible, but developing some kind of "flow" which has its own kind of efficiency and effectiveness. To Te types, it does look like cutting corners, but it's just eliminating steps that seem irrelevant to the overall task. Steps that don't affect the end result.
    oh actually i was gonna mention something similar... that i think there is a Te "efficiency" and a Ti "efficiency (or maybe Si-efficiency? idk). i actually do things very much the same way you described -- like simplifying processes to make things smoother and flowing better. Sometimes i'm not even sure i understand the term "efficient".

    But I suspect proponents of each kind of "efficiency" would probably see the other kind of efficiency as cutting corners.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  34. #34
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    oh actually i was gonna mention something similar... that i think there is a Te "efficiency" and a Ti "efficiency (or maybe Si-efficiency? idk). i actually do things very much the same way you described -- like simplifying processes to make things smoother and flowing better. Sometimes i'm not even sure i understand the term "efficient".

    But I suspect proponents of each kind of "efficiency" would probably see the other kind of efficiency as cutting corners.
    To me, pure Te is building corners on a circle just to be able to go around them.

  35. #35
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    To me, pure Te is building corners on a circle just to be able to go around them.
    Can u give like a real-life example?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  36. #36
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Can u give like a real-life example?
    No, lol.

  37. #37
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    No, lol.
    lol
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  38. #38
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    lol
    That's a destructive post! Ouch!

  39. #39
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    That's a destructive post! Ouch!
    No it has nothing to do with you..just the nebulous nature of socionic concepts..
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  40. #40
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    No it has nothing to do with you..just the nebulous nature of socionic concepts..
    It was "destructive" instead of "constructive"..... cause you were hurting yourself


    ***I was just hoping to score some cheese, lol******

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •