Thread: Good socionics test

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good socionics test

Does anyone know about REALLY good socinics test? The only one I know which tends to be accurate in most of the cases is the sociotype.com/test. But all the other tests I made seemed to be fearly inaccurate, or were just MBTI tests that pretended to be socioncs. So any ideas?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...do=form&fid=11

Try this one, it's not a MBTI one at least. I'm not sure if you've filled it out before but you can always fill it out again!

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...do=form&fid=11

Try this one, it's not a MBTI one at least. I'm not sure if you've filled it out before but you can always fill it out again!
    Thanks, that was an interesting one

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Does anyone know about REALLY good socinics test? The only one I know which tends to be accurate in most of the cases is the sociotype.com/test. But all the other tests I made seemed to be fearly inaccurate, or were just MBTI tests that pretended to be socioncs. So any ideas?
    There isn't one. The best way to determine it is to do a test then immediately follow it up with the talk with the person who evaluated your test. This is the way that MBTI experts operate when finding the "best fit type". And it's the only real way to do it imo.

Still, real life chat(or indeed video chat as well) can substitute the full MBTI procedure. But the test by itself? It can't substitute jack shit! It's only a TOOL and what's the use of a TOOL without an EXPERT to OPERATE it?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I thought the one that subtle made was pretty good actually
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Does anyone know about REALLY good socinics test?
    There is no objective information proving any typing test today is good, neither in Socionics nor MBT (wich uses same types, so you may look at their tests too, in wich they don't use preferences and 8 functions simultaneously).
    The most complex and probably best typing test in Socionics on today is by Talanov, also exist similar by Talanov & Gulenko. It has only Russian variant, as I know. And most bad thing - Talanov is a Reinin's dichs believer wich inputed them in some versions of his tests and hence that tests have systematic errors. From this best test you may expect to get result correct in <70% of cases, I doubt more.

The only one I know which tends to be accurate in most of the cases is the sociotype.com/test
    There is no objective basis to think so and no data about high real match of that test with someone. So to call it "accurate in most of the cases" you have no meaningful reasons.

But all the other tests I made seemed to be fearly inaccurate
    I suppose all tests are correct in <50% of cases as it's the situation among all today typers. Except maybe Talanov's test. And maybe MBTI as it was developed for long with participating of people with normal psychological education.

or were just MBTI tests that pretended to be socioncs
    As it's doubtful that some test in Socionics used non-Jungian model for introverted types, existence of "MBTI tests that pretended to be socioncs" is impossible. There is no other significant contradiction between MBT and Socionics. Where MBT tests use only preferences, their results are not worser than preferences tests labeled as "Socionics".

To objectively make "REALLY good socinics test" needs REALLY good work and verification, what needs REALLY good education and resources. Also it needs REALLY good theory wich should be correct, while many in typology is doubtful like RD for example.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There is no objective information proving any typing test today is good, neither in Socionics nor MBT (wich uses same types, so you may look at their tests too, in wich they don't use preferences and 8 functions simultaneously).
    The most complex and probably best typing test in Socionics on today is by Talanov, also exist similar by Talanov & Gulenko. It has only Russian variant, as I know. And most bad thing - Talanov is a Reinin's dichs believer wich inputed them in some versions of his tests and hence that tests have systematic errors. From this best test you may expect to get result correct in <70% of cases, I doubt more.
    maybe you can translate it for us?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Does anyone know about REALLY good socinics test? The only one I know which tends to be accurate in most of the cases is the sociotype.com/test.
    I find that test often gives people the quasi-identical type. Probably because of its utilization of j/p dichotomy in the test questions

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I thought the one that subtle made was pretty good actually
    Which one is that?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I find that test often gives people the quasi-identical type. Probably because of its utilization of j/p dichotomy in the test questions

Which one is that?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Socionics-Test
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Ah so you meant Subteigh, ok