Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Good socionics test

  1. #1
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    NF
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Good socionics test

    Does anyone know about REALLY good socinics test? The only one I know which tends to be accurate in most of the cases is the sociotype.com/test. But all the other tests I made seemed to be fearly inaccurate, or were just MBTI tests that pretended to be socioncs. So any ideas?
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-1w9
    Hyper introverted extrovert
    Melancholic

  2. #2
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...do=form&fid=11

    Try this one, it's not a MBTI one at least. I'm not sure if you've filled it out before but you can always fill it out again!

  3. #3
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    NF
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...do=form&fid=11

    Try this one, it's not a MBTI one at least. I'm not sure if you've filled it out before but you can always fill it out again!
    Thanks, that was an interesting one
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-1w9
    Hyper introverted extrovert
    Melancholic

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    ESI 684
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Does anyone know about REALLY good socinics test? The only one I know which tends to be accurate in most of the cases is the sociotype.com/test. But all the other tests I made seemed to be fearly inaccurate, or were just MBTI tests that pretended to be socioncs. So any ideas?
    There isn't one. The best way to determine it is to do a test then immediately follow it up with the talk with the person who evaluated your test. This is the way that MBTI experts operate when finding the "best fit type". And it's the only real way to do it imo.

    Still, real life chat(or indeed video chat as well) can substitute the full MBTI procedure. But the test by itself? It can't substitute jack shit! It's only a TOOL and what's the use of a TOOL without an EXPERT to OPERATE it?

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought the one that subtle made was pretty good actually

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,115
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Does anyone know about REALLY good socinics test?
    There is no objective information proving any typing test today is good, neither in Socionics nor MBT (wich uses same types, so you may look at their tests too, in wich they don't use preferences and 8 functions simultaneously).
    The most complex and probably best typing test in Socionics on today is by Talanov, also exist similar by Talanov & Gulenko. It has only Russian variant, as I know. And most bad thing - Talanov is a Reinin's dichs believer wich inputed them in some versions of his tests and hence that tests have systematic errors. From this best test you may expect to get result correct in <70% of cases, I doubt more.

    The only one I know which tends to be accurate in most of the cases is the sociotype.com/test
    There is no objective basis to think so and no data about high real match of that test with someone. So to call it "accurate in most of the cases" you have no meaningful reasons.

    But all the other tests I made seemed to be fearly inaccurate
    I suppose all tests are correct in <50% of cases as it's the situation among all today typers. Except maybe Talanov's test. And maybe MBTI as it was developed for long with participating of people with normal psychological education.

    or were just MBTI tests that pretended to be socioncs
    As it's doubtful that some test in Socionics used non-Jungian model for introverted types, existence of "MBTI tests that pretended to be socioncs" is impossible. There is no other significant contradiction between MBT and Socionics. Where MBT tests use only preferences, their results are not worser than preferences tests labeled as "Socionics".

    To objectively make "REALLY good socinics test" needs REALLY good work and verification, what needs REALLY good education and resources. Also it needs REALLY good theory wich should be correct, while many in typology is doubtful like RD for example.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  7. #7
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There is no objective information proving any typing test today is good, neither in Socionics nor MBT (wich uses same types, so you may look at their tests too, in wich they don't use preferences and 8 functions simultaneously).
    The most complex and probably best typing test in Socionics on today is by Talanov, also exist similar by Talanov & Gulenko. It has only Russian variant, as I know. And most bad thing - Talanov is a Reinin's dichs believer wich inputed them in some versions of his tests and hence that tests have systematic errors. From this best test you may expect to get result correct in <70% of cases, I doubt more.
    maybe you can translate it for us?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Does anyone know about REALLY good socinics test? The only one I know which tends to be accurate in most of the cases is the sociotype.com/test.
    I find that test often gives people the quasi-identical type. Probably because of its utilization of j/p dichotomy in the test questions


    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I thought the one that subtle made was pretty good actually
    Which one is that?

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I find that test often gives people the quasi-identical type. Probably because of its utilization of j/p dichotomy in the test questions




    Which one is that?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Socionics-Test

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah so you meant Subteigh, ok

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •