View Poll Results: Quadra

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alpha

    0 0%
  • Beta

    0 0%
  • Gamma

    4 66.67%
  • Delta

    2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Investigate my type!

  1. #1
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Investigate my type!

    1. What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is something that evokes a particular emotion within you. It's like a heightened sense of appreciation. You can find beauty in anything.
    Love is too abstract and vague to define.

    2. What are your most important values?
    Individuality. Liberty. Autonomy.

    3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    No, I don't subscribe to religion. I don't even care whether God exists or not. I just abhor the concept of religion. An external system telling you what is right and what is wrong? No. I don't need an anchor to be moral. Also, the belief that God is judging you and that your life is premeditated. I live my life on my own terms. I also think a lot of religious practices and customs are bullshit. So there.

    4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    The unfortunate ramifications of war pertain to the destruction of lives and property. People who are not involved have to "sacrifice" their lives, all because of a pissing contest between two so-called leaders of the country. On the other hand, war is rather fascinating when you think about the tactics and stratagems employed. This is one of the reasons I love the A Song Of Ice And Fire series. Whenever a character discusses his plan of action and how he intends to gather his resources and attack the enemy... it's kind of stimulating. War is such a fascinating game. The tactics. The strategies. Knowing exactly what to do and managing your resources efficiently. So, I'm kind of ambivalent about it. No opinion on militaries, except that I don't want to be in an army.

    You have power when you can do whatever you want and crush your opposition. When you feel like a conqueror. When you call the shots.

    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

    Nothing in particular comes to mind. I guess I engage in arguments a lot. I love arguing.
    Again, I don't have any concrete set of interests. My interests don't define me. Who I am defines me.

    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Not really. I'm focused on my body in the sense that I want to look and feel aesthetically appealing.

    7. What do you think of daily chores?
    Don't like them.

    8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I don't see what this has to do with cognition and my response to this question would be similar to that of the one about interests. I guess I did express my predilection towards Game Of Thrones.

    9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

    When my current situation feels hopeless and without a positive future. When I'm treated unfairly and my preferences and goals aren't respected.
    Too vague. There are many things that can make smile.

    10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

    When I'm enjoying myself and surrounded by people or things I like.

    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People see my obstinacy as a weakness. I protect my interests and strongly resist when people try to make me do something I don't want to or encroach on my territory. Like I said before, I live my life on my own terms.
    I don't dislike anything in particular about myself.

    12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People see my resolution as my strength, I guess. I know who I am and what I want. I'm also decisive and complimented for being logical, although I'm just using common sense and looking for efficiency.

    I like that I have a strong grip on who I am.

    13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Evaluating options. Knowing which road to choose. I have a good foresight of things but I find difficulty in choosing between options. I vacillate. I also want to put every second of my life to good use.

    14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yeah. Eh, I don't know.

    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I dislike people who impose their views on others and people who think they can analyze everything. People who think everything has a specific reason and must adhere to some obscure system of logic that they pulled out of their ass. Logic is in the real world. If I punch a wall, I might break my hand. That's logic. The sky is blue. Two plus two makes four. It's what makes sense. Not all that shit about systems and complexities. Philosophy frustrates me. Sorry, ranted a little there. I also dislike people who think they know what's best for everyone or try to make people do things just for the sake of entertaining the company. Get out of here.

    I can't think of specific qualities I like in people.

    16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I like sex. Don't know what to think about romance.

    17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Let him develop on his own and not try to control him or interfere with his growth. Let him be his own man. However, be cautious about any potentially dangerous developments. Basically, doing what Cersei should have done with Joffrey.

    18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I've just decided that it's futile to argue with someone over different beliefs because people don't really want to change so spontaneously, especially when it's someone else telling them to do so, which I can understand.

    19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Eh, not sure. I'll answer later, tired of questions at this point.

    20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose friends based on my visceral feeling about them. There is no set process.

    21. How do you behave around strangers?

    I become a fortress.

  2. #2
    The sleeping beauty Velvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And here comes the sinister Sol ordering to make a video.

    Welcome stranger. No clue about your type tho.

  3. #3
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    And here comes the sinister Sol ordering to make a video.

    Welcome stranger. No clue about your type tho.
    Not even my leading function?

  4. #4
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    Not even my leading function?
    From what you wrote, sensing base function but that is just a vibe I get based on you choosing friends through visceral feelings.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  5. #5
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ask me more questions if the questionnaire isn't sufficient. I prefer that the questions are not the likes of "What is logic?" though.

    I've observed that I'm quite restless and reluctant to relax when I'm engaged in an activity. For example, when I'm playing soccer, I hate the half-time interval because I just want to be in motion. I want to do something. I don't want to relax and do nothing. If I'm exhausted or something, just taking a few seconds to drink water would be enough. I don't like doing nothing. Adding to the question about choosing friends, I kind of tend to group people as "my own", "strangers" and "bad ones I want to stay away from", evaluating how close to a person I am, the strength of our friendship. When I was young, I was very concerned about maintaining my true identity and not becoming "bad".
    Last edited by Phantom; 09-06-2015 at 06:56 PM.

  6. #6
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    Ask me more questions if the questionnaire isn't sufficient. I prefer that the questions are not the likes of "What is logic?" though.
    What does it feel like to be, simultaneously, below the sea and above the sky? Do tell?

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  7. #7
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    What does it feel like to be, simultaneously, below the sea and above the sky? Do tell?
    Lol, I don't even know why I set that as my location. It was over a year ago. I was probably bored.

    I edited my previous post.

  8. #8
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    Lol, I don't even know why I set that as my location. It was over a year ago. I was probably bored.

    I edited my previous post.
    Knowing you did it because you might have been bored is actually pretty helpful. Do you see yourself as an in the moment person? Are you able to get a good grasp of group dynamics right away or do you sit back and observe?

    Edit: Now I read your edit. You kind of answered it but if you want to elaborate? Unless you are not one to elaborate much...

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  9. #9
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Knowing you did it because you might have been bored is actually pretty helpful. Do you see yourself as an in the moment person? Are you able to get a good grasp of group dynamics right away or do you sit back and observe?

    Edit: Now I read your edit. You kind of answered it but if you want to elaborate? Unless you are not one to elaborate much...
    I have a fairly good grasp of social dynamics between people.

  10. #10
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bump

  11. #11
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...

  12. #12
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seriously, if there's a problem in my questionnaire, tell me about it.

  13. #13
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,220
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    A lot of what you said seems to match up with LSE IMO, although I wouldn't rule out SLE quite yet. Strong Te and Se is clear.



    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People see my resolution as my strength, I guess. I know who I am and what I want. I'm also decisive and complimented for being logical, although I'm just using common sense and looking for efficiency.
    Pretty clear example of Te here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post

    I've observed that I'm quite restless and reluctant to relax when I'm engaged in an activity. For example, when I'm playing soccer, I hate the half-time interval because I just want to be in motion. I want to do something. I don't want to relax and do nothing. If I'm exhausted or something, just taking a few seconds to drink water would be enough. I don't like doing nothing.


    Sounds like Ni polr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    Adding to the question about choosing friends, I kind of tend to group people as "my own", "strangers" and "bad ones I want to stay away from", evaluating how close to a person I am, the strength of our friendship. When I was young, I was very concerned about maintaining my true identity and not becoming "bad".
    Clear aristocratic tendencies. This sounds like Fi seeking. Fi seekers want to like all the people around them and are likely to take action if they don't.
    Last edited by Muddy; 09-07-2015 at 03:38 AM.

  14. #14
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    Bump
    You clarified a couple of things so I am now in the observation phase.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  15. #15
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,220
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Which kind of people do you hate more- Social justice warriors who get all pissy and upset at people who like to bend the rules a little, or useless good-for-nothing gold diggers who can't carry out the most simple of task?

  16. #16
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Which kind of people do you hate more- Social justice warriors who get all pissy and upset at people who like to bend the rules a little, or useless good-for-nothing gold diggers who can't carry out the most simple of task?
    Er... no one, maybe the former... but that doesn't really describe the kind of people I hate. I already touched on this in the questionnaire. There are two kinds of people I hate.

    1.) People who analyze and systematize everything, even likes and dislikes. They think it isn't possible to be interested in something without simply liking it. There has to be some overarching reason for everything. The kind of people who ponder on questions like "What is logic?" or "Why is morality?". I prefer to focus on what I'm doing and where it can lead me rather than why I'm doing it. I don't like explaining my interests and decisions.

    2.) Holier-than-thou people who think they know what's best for everyone and try to make you "open up" in a social gathering even though you don't want to. They think you have an obligation to conform to the tempo of the people in the room. They seem to think everyone should like the same thing and pass it off as "harmony". Social justice warriors who disregard personal preferences and box everything into groups. I had an argument with someone who called me a sexist because I said that I didn't want any female characters to be DLC in Mortal Kombat because I found them boring and underdeveloped. I just preferred characters who happened to be male but he naturally ignored that. I also had an argument with someone who called Robert Downey Jr. "rude" for walking off near the end of an interview. I argued that he had the right to walk off. The interviewer was being an asshole and forcefully asking him to talk about his dark past in public, disrespecting his privacy. There's a boundary you can't cross. You're encroaching on unsolicited territory and that's wrong. You should expect a retaliatory response if you do that.
    Last edited by Phantom; 09-07-2015 at 04:38 AM.

  17. #17
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    You clarified a couple of things so I am now in the observation phase.
    What is your tentative conclusion?

  18. #18
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,220
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    Er... no one, maybe the former... but that doesn't really describe the kind of people I hate. I already touched on this in the questionnaire. There are two kinds of people I hate.

    1.) People who analyze and systematize everything, even likes and dislikes. They think it isn't possible to be interested in something without simply liking it. There has to be some overarching reason for everything. The kind of people who ponder on questions like "What is logic?" or "Why is morality?". I prefer to focus on what I'm doing and where it can lead me rather than why I'm doing it. I don't like explaining my interests and decisions.

    2.) Holier-than-thou people who think they know what's best for everyone and try to make you "open up" in a social gathering even though you don't want to. They think you have an obligation to conform to the tempo of the people in the room. They seem to think everyone should like the same thing and pass it off as "harmony".
    #1 Tells me you devalue Ti. #2 sounds like textbook Fe-polr. These combined show you are certainly Te/Fi>Ti/Fe. Most of what you said fits with LSE, but there is still room for the other Te egos. If you have read any of the type descriptions, which ones do you relate to the most?

  19. #19
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    #1 Tells me you devalue Ti. #2 sounds like textbook Fe-polr. These combined show you are certainly Te/Fi>Ti/Fe. Most of what you said fits with LSE, but there is still room for the other Te egos. If you have read any of the type descriptions, which ones do you relate to the most?
    I relate more to the Gamma descriptions than the Delta ones. From what I've heard, Si places an emphasis on relaxation and comfort. This is exactly what I dislike. I don't see the appeal in taking a break. I don't like waiting. I'm always occupied with something.

    I don't know about being Te ego though, I have more problems with Ti than Fe.

    Fe can be distressing but I think I can adapt to it. Ti, on the other hand, just launches me into nope mode. I just hate explaining concepts or anything of the like. I don't like classifications and systems. Philosophy seems like a futile endeavor to me. I don't like discussing the logic behind my interests and hobbies. I can go on. No offense, but Ti just makes me roll my eyes.

    My main motivation is to make use of the resources at my disposal and succeed, all the while enjoying the ride and saying true to myself.
    Last edited by Phantom; 09-07-2015 at 05:11 AM.

  20. #20
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,220
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    I relate more to the Gamma descriptions than the Delta ones. From what I've heard, Si places an emphasis on relaxation and comfort. This is exactly what I dislike. I don't see the appeal in taking a break. I don't like waiting. I'm always occupied with something.

    I don't know about being Te ego though, I have more problems with Ti than Fe.

    Fe can be distressing but I think I can adapt to it. Ti, on the other hand, just launches me into nope mode. I just hate explaining concepts or anything of the like. I don't like classifications and systems. Philosophy seems like a futile endeavor to me. I don't like discussing the logic behind my interests and hobbies. I can go on. No offense, but Ti just makes me roll my eyes.

    My main motivation is to make use of the resources at my disposal and succeed, all the while enjoying the ride and saying true to myself.

    This points towards the direction of SEE. I've known a couple of SEEs who where very restless and conscientious about their work performance. SEE however is one of the types I am less knowledgeable of, so I'm afraid we will need more input from others to be sure.

    Ohh and one thing I would like add is that I've seen a trend of of people overstating their HA/mobilizing function on these questionnaires which makes it look like the base function. It wouldn't surprise me if the same is happening here with your Te. Mistyping oneself as the beneficiary to their actual type (SEE is the benefactor to LSE) is one of the most common mistypes from what I heard. I myself thought I was characteristic of an SLI just a little while ago.
    Last edited by Muddy; 09-07-2015 at 06:04 AM.

  21. #21
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    What is your tentative conclusion?
    Se base.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  22. #22
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good bad and the ugly

  23. #23
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Good bad and the ugly
    ???

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    ESI 684
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    A lot of what you said seems to match up with LSE IMO, although I wouldn't rule out SLE quite yet. Strong Te and Se is clear.





    Pretty clear example of Te here.



    Sounds like Ni polr.



    Clear aristocratic tendencies. This sounds like Fi seeking. Fi seekers want to like all the people around them and are likely to take action if they don't.
    Second quote is severe Si devaluing, not Ni devaluing muddy. Read it again and pay attention to the following detail:

    "reluctant to relax"
    "I don't want to relax and do nothing" (extreme example of this: Sunbathing-you do find this activity horrible, yes OP?)
    "I don't like doing nothing"

    Plus do notice that op bumped his own thread after only half a day passed. What this all leads to is the feeling of the passage of time(you do feel it OP?) and Ni creative. Now, seeing how he said he dislikes Fe and quite clearly at that...everything that is left is a LIE-TeNi.

  25. #25
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is autonomy?

  26. #26
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,220
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks like we have it narrowed down to the gamma extroverts. We just need to find out if OP is ethical or logical. From your answers you sound more logical. I don't think an SEE would have as much problems with Fe as what you have stated. Pressure on the demonstrative is laughed off most of the time. You mentioned you have problems with Si, Fe and Ti but haven't mentioned Ne, which suggest it is the strongest of those functions. You still show signs of Se base however, so give some thought towards whether you are more confident with Te or Se.

  27. #27
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What is autonomy?
    Independence and self-sufficiency. DIY. Having the freedom to do whatever you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Looks like we have it narrowed down to the gamma extroverts. We just need to find out if OP is ethical or logical. From your answers you sound more logical. I don't think an SEE would have as much problems with Fe as what you have stated. Pressure on the demonstrative is laughed off most of the time. You mentioned you have problems with Si, Fe and Ti but haven't mentioned Ne, which suggest it is the strongest of those functions. You still show signs of Se base however, so give some thought towards whether you are more confident with Te or Se.
    I don't fully understand Ne which is why I was reluctant to mention it. However, from what I've seen of it as a superego function, I do relate to it.

    The individual is very aware of what is concretely present in the world around him rather than devoting his time to discussing what could be and topics that are only of improbable and vague ideational value. He relies on his direct "knowledge of life" and first hand experience rather than on imaginative flexibility. He is able to orient himself quickly when he is in contact with concrete aspect of events, things, and people, but when he is told about them in an abstract form or simply in the form of "random information that may come in handy some day," he usually doesn't know what to do with such information. He is often uncertain of other people's inner qualities and capabilities and will give them assignments and judge their potential by whether or not they can fulfill them. He shows little concern for all kinds of unusual behavior and developments, and mistrusts information about things that cannot be experienced directly. This mistrustful attitude usually goes away after the person has the chance to deal with the new thing, event, or behavior directly for a period of time and explore it. The individual prefers to know for certain what is likely to happen and what awaits him in the near future. He feels lost when he given many options of all that could possibly be. This gives them the feeling of hanging in the air and general uncertainty about the future. Being oriented at taking direct actions, such uncertainly about the outcome is difficult to bear.
    I actually touched on this in the questionnaire.

    13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Evaluating options. Knowing which road to choose. I have a good foresight of things but I find difficulty in choosing between options. I vacillate. I also want to put every second of my life to good use.

    9. What has made you cry?
    When my current situation feels hopeless and without a positive future.
    I hate ambiguity and uncertainty. I don't like it when I ask someone for advice and he answers in uncertain terms. I want a definite answer. When I'm assigned a task, I expect clear and specific instructions. I also don't buy it when someone just tells me whether something's possible or not. I have to research about the situation on the internet. When I want something, I want it immediately. When I'm in the process of making a decision, I try to restrict my options and avoid alternate viewpoints that would only prolong the process. If I arrive at a decision and someone recommends an alternative viewpoint, I would most likely get frustrated or ignore it. I need to know what's exactly going on (when I'm in the company of others and my own decisions are not important) and don't like surprises, especially when I'm surprised by others. I just don't like uncertainty and expanding the possibilities. I don't care for hypothetical situations and ideas that are not grounded in reality.

  28. #28
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You devalue Ti strongly because you don't like systems

  29. #29
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're a weird LSE

  30. #30
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't see myself as a Te base. Even Fi base is more fitting because I have a tendency to evaluate or judge the world through my personal ethics and relationships with other people, mostly my friends. I am vaguely aware of all these social and power dynamics between the people in my vicinity. I relate to Se base the most because I'm mostly just concerned about making the most out of my life and doing things. What I'm gonna do. What my next move should be. What's happening around me. How I'm going to deal with this. You get the idea. My default way of seeing the world is not via the lens of logic. It just seems that way because I'm doing a questionnaire.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,072
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    make a video to significantly rise chances be typed correctly
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  32. #32
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    make a video to significantly rise chances be typed correctly
    I would prefer not to do that. It won't be organic and just feel like a job interview, which would only exacerbate things.

  33. #33
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    I can't see myself as a Te base. Even Fi base is more fitting because I have a tendency to evaluate or judge the world through my personal ethics and relationships with other people, mostly my friends. I am vaguely aware of all these social and power dynamics between the people in my vicinity. I relate to Se base the most because I'm mostly just concerned about making the most out of my life and doing things. What I'm gonna do. What my next move should be. What's happening around me. How I'm going to deal with this. You get the idea. My default way of seeing the world is not via the lens of logic. It just seems that way because I'm doing a questionnaire.
    Doesn't disqualify you from being LSE

  34. #34
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Quentyn You're a tough one to pin down.
    I can narrow it down to 3 possibilities: LIE, LSE, SEE.

    Te valuing is very apparent in multiple places, also strong signs of Se. However, there were parts that suggested possible Ni PoLR, so I still haven't ruled out LSE entirely. In the question about religion- dislike the sense of a premeditated future. The general dislike of just waiting around. Also LSE has strong Se, it's just not a valued function. However, I didn't see any signs of Si/Ne valuing at all, so I think this is the least likely of the three.

    Going back to Ni, it could be something you seek help with as indicated in #9 and #13 you need to feel like there is a hopeful future and want to know what path to take. So you could be Ni dual seeking, which points to Ni.

    But there are spots where strong Ni is suggested, like it could be your creative function as in LIE. #13- you see yourself as having good foresight. #17- let child be themselves for the most part but be aware of potentially dangerous developments. Maybe that's just valued Ni though.

    Overall, I'm leaning slightly towards SEE for you but I would definitely look into LIE as well. There were blatant signs suggestive of Ti PoLR throughout, particularly in question #15. However, I didn't see much to indicate Si PoLR which would be the PoLR for LIE.

    I would have expected to see more Fi and ethics sprinked throughout the questionnaire and in several questions pertaining to ethics, you don't talk much about it at all and sidestep it. This is kind of what makes me doubt SEE but I think it still the closest fit overall based on what you wrote.


    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    Er... no one, maybe the former... but that doesn't really describe the kind of people I hate. I already touched on this in the questionnaire. There are two kinds of people I hate.

    1.) People who analyze and systematize everything, even likes and dislikes. They think it isn't possible to be interested in something without simply liking it. There has to be some overarching reason for everything. The kind of people who ponder on questions like "What is logic?" or "Why is morality?". I prefer to focus on what I'm doing and where it can lead me rather than why I'm doing it. I don't like explaining my interests and decisions.

    2.) Holier-than-thou people who think they know what's best for everyone and try to make you "open up" in a social gathering even though you don't want to. They think you have an obligation to conform to the tempo of the people in the room. They seem to think everyone should like the same thing and pass it off as "harmony". Social justice warriors who disregard personal preferences and box everything into groups. I had an argument with someone who called me a sexist because I said that I didn't want any female characters to be DLC in Mortal Kombat because I found them boring and underdeveloped. I just preferred characters who happened to be male but he naturally ignored that. I also had an argument with someone who called Robert Downey Jr. "rude" for walking off near the end of an interview. I argued that he had the right to walk off. The interviewer was being an asshole and forcefully asking him to talk about his dark past in public, disrespecting his privacy. There's a boundary you can't cross. You're encroaching on unsolicited territory and that's wrong. You should expect a retaliatory response if you do that.
    You wouldn't like me then. I'm definitely guilty of #1. I am an LII though. And #2, this suggests Fi valuing over Fe valuing. The last sentence in particular sounds Fi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    I relate more to the Gamma descriptions than the Delta ones. From what I've heard, Si places an emphasis on relaxation and comfort. This is exactly what I dislike. I don't see the appeal in taking a break. I don't like waiting. I'm always occupied with something.

    I don't know about being Te ego though, I have more problems with Ti than Fe.

    Fe can be distressing but I think I can adapt to it. Ti, on the other hand, just launches me into nope mode. I just hate explaining concepts or anything of the like. I don't like classifications and systems. Philosophy seems like a futile endeavor to me. I don't like discussing the logic behind my interests and hobbies. I can go on. No offense, but Ti just makes me roll my eyes.

    My main motivation is to make use of the resources at my disposal and succeed, all the while enjoying the ride and saying true to myself.
    If you're main issues are with Ti rather than Fe that's another point in favor of SEE.
    Clear Se over Si valuing
    As an LII, what you say about Ti made me cry a little on the inside.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You're a weird LSE
    I think LSE is highly unlikely at this point. I won't completely rule it out though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    I would prefer not to do that. It won't be organic and just feel like a job interview, which would only exacerbate things.
    Would you consider it if you could just talk about whatever strikes your fancy with no set structure or list of questions to it?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  35. #35
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't abhor the idea of a premeditated future per se. I like knowing what to expect. I just don't like the idea of some omnipotent being among the clouds dictating how my life is, as if I'm a puppet and he's pulling the strings. Then there's religion which expects you to behave a certain way because of "God's will". I generally don't like it when others make my decision for me without my consent. They think they know what I want better than I do, which is just disrespectful. I know of a religion that entails that you don't drink water for an entire day to preserve "God's will". I'm not going to be thirsty an entire day for someone that might not even exist.

    To be honest, I just don't want to go down the video-typing route. I get the feeling it won't work as well.

    Sorry for offending you with my acerbic comments about Ti. I have met Ti egos who are tolerant of people who are different from them and don't impose their perspective on life though. But I have also encountered people who act like jerks and insist on systematizing and categorizing everything we do, as if humans are robots or objects to be picked apart. This is the main reason that turned me off MBTI. It reached a point where your own identity was replaced by your MBTI type and you were expected to behave according to that model.

    Despite the lack of ethics in my questionnaire, I know I have a strong sense of ethics. In fact, I started doubting my type because I saw myself as an ethical type. When I reflect on my childhood, I realize that I judged the world in terms of ethics. I would be very concerned about what was right and what was wrong. Someone claimed that my tendency to identify certain people as "bad" was aristocratic but I don't agree with that. I judged people individually. I didn't sort them into groups (it was more me vs. the world than us vs. them). I just evaluated whether I should be in their company or not, whether I liked or disliked them. I endeavored to maintain my own identity and sense of ethics. I still do this, but I'm more concerned about doing things than judging people through a moral framework now. I know who I am. If anything, I struggle to willfully label my morals and ethics because they are within me. They are fragments of who I am. Labeling my morals is like describing who I am. It's difficult. I hope I'm making sense here.
    Last edited by Phantom; 09-07-2015 at 08:47 PM.

  36. #36
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    I don't abhor the idea of a premeditated future per se. I like knowing what to expect. I just don't like the idea of some omnipotent being among the clouds dictating how my life is, as if I'm a puppet and he's pulling the strings. Then there's religion which expects you to behave a certain way because of "God's will". I generally don't like it when others make my decision for me without my consent. They think they know what I want better than I do, which is just disrespectful. I know of a religion that entails that you don't drink water for an entire day to preserve "God's will". I'm not going to be thirsty an entire day for someone that might not even exist.

    To be honest, I just don't want to go down the video-typing route. I get the feeling it won't work as well.

    Sorry for offending you with my acerbic comments about Ti. I have met Ti egos who are tolerant of people who are different from them and don't impose their perspective on life though. But I have also encountered people who act like jerks and insist on systematizing and categorizing everything we do, as if humans are robots or objects to be picked apart. This is the main reason that turned me off MBTI. It reached a point where your own identity was replaced by your MBTI type and you were expected to behave according to that model.
    @echan does this sound familiar to you
    Sorry I mean @Fay
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-07-2015 at 09:13 PM.

  37. #37
    tejing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    TIM
    LII-H
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    As an LII, what you say about Ti made me cry a little on the inside.
    Me too.

    @Quentyn, you seemed like a gamma SF right away to me, and as I've read more I tend to think SEE, for similar reasons to @chips and underwear.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

  38. #38
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    NF
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    @echan does this sound familiar to you
    Sorry I mean @Fay
    which part? The one about god, or the one about Ti types? If it's the one about god, I am an atheist, but have different reasons for not believing in god. For me it's simply because it doesn' make any logical sense and I value fact and logic when I create a concept of life far more than spirituality.
    If it's the part about Ti types, I disagree, I love Ti types, all my exes are Ti types. Actually everyone I like or find their minds interesting is either ILE or LII and sometimes LSI.
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-1w9
    Hyper introverted extrovert
    Melancholic

  39. #39
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    I don't abhor the idea of a premeditated future per se. I like knowing what to expect. I just don't like the idea of some omnipotent being among the clouds dictating how my life is, as if I'm a puppet and he's pulling the strings. Then there's religion which expects you to behave a certain way because of "God's will". I generally don't like it when others make my decision for me without my consent. They think they know what I want better than I do, which is just disrespectful. I know of a religion that entails that you don't drink water for an entire day to preserve "God's will". I'm not going to be thirsty an entire day for someone that might not even exist.
    Okay, this sounds like something an Se leading type might say- they tend to be highly resistant to anyone telling or even suggesting what they should do.

    (Then again, I'm Se PoLR and I also have this issue.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    To be honest, I just don't want to go down the video-typing route. I get the feeling it won't work as well.
    Ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    Sorry for offending you with my acerbic comments about Ti. I have met Ti egos who are tolerant of people who are different from them and don't impose their perspective on life though. But I have also encountered people who act like jerks and insist on systematizing and categorizing everything we do, as if humans are robots or objects to be picked apart. This is the main reason that turned me off MBTI. It reached a point where your own identity was replaced by your MBTI type and you were expected to behave according to that model.
    Not offended because I know you're not speaking of all Ti egos, just the ones who do the bolded. By the way, the bolded is even more strong evidence suggesting Ti PoLR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentyn View Post
    Despite the lack of ethics in my questionnaire, I know I have a strong sense of ethics. In fact, I started doubting my type because I saw myself as an ethical type. When I reflect on my childhood, I realize that I judged the world in terms of ethics. I would be very concerned about what was right and what was wrong. Someone claimed that my tendency to identify certain people as "bad" was aristocratic but I don't agree with that. I judged people individually. I didn't sort them into groups (it was more me vs. the world than us vs. them). I just evaluated whether I should be in their company or not, whether I liked or disliked them. I endeavored to maintain my own identity and sense of ethics. I still do this, but I'm more concerned about doing things than judging people through a moral framework now. I know who I am. If anything, I struggle to willfully label my morals and ethics because they are within me. They are fragments of who I am. Labeling my morals is like describing who I am. It's difficult. I hope I'm making sense here.
    Makes sense. Sounds consistent with Fi creative in the SEE.

    Sorry if I'm 'boxing you in' here. You did ask to be typed after all.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  40. #40
    Starry girl echan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    @echan does this sound familiar to you
    Sorry I mean @Fay
    This guy must be making fun of me goddammit!

    I want to be ISTp.

    sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

    Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •