Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kim Parker, artist, designer, IEE

I just received and read in one day, "Kim Parker Home". I love her prints and I love her story of her life as related to her art career, told in this book. I love her unique and personal style and her genius with color. (I love color; I can think on color and color interplay all day).

I do not personally lean towards the many reds, oranges and yellows in my art work, as she uses much, but she makes me love those colors. (I lean towards the colors in my avatar). Yet I love all colors when they Work together right. I have a favorite oil study I did in college (reds, yellows, oranges, greens) that I spent an inordinate amount of time on, discovering the right combination and balance of those colors. I did a still life sketch from the study, that has always felt a real part of me (discovering the satisfying color combination felt like a real accomplishment to me) and some of her paintings use my same "discovered" palette, beautifully, too.

After reading her story I am convinced she is IEE. I completely relate to her; her approach to life is just familiar, also her approach to painting - free-form. She tells personal stories that explain the path of her life, she is outward focused, particularly on her art, and inward focused as to her reaction to her own work, her own ideas, and the direction she is going with it. Her rather holistic intuitive way of deciding the directions to take in life I totally relate to.

For those of you who like to VI, here is a picture of her:
    KP_GW2011_small.jpg

And here is some of her delightful work:
    kim-parker-floral-tile-i.jpg
    Kim-Parker-India-Garden-Textile-No-2-308951.jpg
    parker_garden.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 09-02-2015 at 11:21 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If you say "I love. .." one more time I'm changing your type jk
    I can only see P. I'm not sure about IEE

Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    If you say "I love. .." one more time I'm changing your type jk
    I can only see P. I'm not sure about IEE
    Well, its IEE enthusiasm, that's all. her work - I am a new fan.
    As to your VI, I cannot critique that; I just don't feel strong in that. Well, I should also add that I do get a good VI sense with some types. Like LSEs, EIIs, SEEs, IEIs, SLEs, SEIs, a few more.... As to Kim Parker VI'ing IEE, I sort of see a correlation. Expressive yet quietly open face, medium build, classic proportions, even features are all things I have seen in IEEs, and see particularly in the lower, smaller pic. Actually even the crossed arms in the bigger pic is something you see in the posture of an IEE in a group setting (and having a picture taken you feel there is a group looking at you.. and ESE on the other hand will have VERY open posture in pictures taken... the crossed arm social posture I read the reason for somewhere, but I forgot it. After reading it, I began to notice. So in spite of being Extrovert there is something not fully-open of in the posture in group settings. We are the "quiet extroverts). So though I have never formally studied Socionics VI, or seen a work on it, I have read descriptions and retain them in my memory, and I have seen a certain alike-ness in people I know of various types. And I take it all in a holistic-panoramic way...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Well, its IEE enthusiasm, that's all. her work - I am a new fan.
    As to your VI, I cannot critique that; I just don't feel strong in that. Well, I should also add that I do get a good VI sense with some types. Like LSEs, EIIs, SEEs, IEIs, SLEs, SEIs, a few more.... As to Kim Parker VI'ing IEE, I sort of see a correlation. Expressive yet quietly open face, medium build, classic proportions, even features are all things I have seen in IEEs, and see particularly in the lower, smaller pic. Actually even the crossed arms in the bigger pic is something you see in the posture of an IEE in a group setting (and having a picture taken you feel there is a group looking at you.. and ESE on the other hand will have VERY open posture in pictures taken... the crossed arm social posture I read the reason for somewhere, but I forgot it. After reading it, I began to notice. So in spite of being Extrovert there is something not fully-open of in the posture in group settings. We are the "quiet extroverts). So though I have never formally studied Socionics VI, or seen a work on it, I have read descriptions and retain them in my memory, and I have seen a certain alike-ness in people I know of various types. And I take it all in a holistic-panoramic way...
    I can see those qualities.