Thread: Howard Gardner's multiple intelligences

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Howard Gardner's multiple intelligences

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Gardner

He seems to have reached, independently, a system of "multiple intelligences" very similar to the socionics functions:

1.1 Bodily-Kinesthetic
    1.2 Interpersonal
    1.3 Linguistic
    1.4 Logical-Mathematical
    1.5 Naturalistic
    1.6 Intrapersonal
    1.7 Spatial
    1.8 Musical

Which can perhaps be more or less correlated like this:

1.1 Bodily-Kinesthetic
    1.2 Interpersonal
    1.3 Linguistic
    1.4 Logical-Mathematical
    1.5 Naturalistic
    1.6 Intrapersonal
    1.7 Spatial
    1.8 Musical

Not perfect correlations by any means, but it shows that people arrive at similar theories independently.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Why would naturalistic be Si and Fe? It seems like it's just knowledge of and appreciation of the natural world.
    Well, the way it was described in wikipedia, it seemed to imply more of a sensorial-emotional connection than just knowledge and appreciation. But I realize it could also be with , for instance.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about ¿?¿?
    I'm curious

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tends to be taken for granted by most people. ("visual-spatial sketchpad")

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is neuro-urethral blowjob
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    is neuro-urethral blowjob
    is that good or bad? lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    What about ¿?¿?
    I'm curious
    I think would belong to the visual-spatial group.

Strange. I haven't heard of "naturalistic".
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea

Strange. I haven't heard of "naturalistic".
    its usually considered a lesser component of the theory, along with spiritual intelligence.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a test: Multiple-Intelligence (Aptitude) Test

I don't know if it's any good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i'm a Kinesthetic learner and i'm an ISTp ( )

My Results: http://www.nedprod.com/Niall_stuff/i...&naturalist=28

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are your results. Remember that these results reflect an aptitude for a particular intelligence, not an actual measure of that intelligence:

Linguistic: 91
    The ability to read, write and communicate with words. Authors, journalists, poets, orators and comedians are obvious examples of people with linguistic intelligence.

Logical-Mathematical: 80
    The ability to reason and calculate, to think things through in a logical, systematic manner. These are the kinds of skills highly developed in engineers, scientists, economists, accountants, detectives and members of the legal profession.

Visual-Spatial: 86
    The ability to think in pictures, visualise a future result. To imagine things in your mind's eye. Architects, sculptors, sailors, photographers and strategic planners. You use it when you have a sense of direction, when you navigate or draw.

Musical: 70
    The ability to make or compose music, to sing well, or understand and appreciate music. To keep rhythm. It's a talent obviously enjoyed by musicians, composers, and recording engineers. But most of us have a musical intelligence which can be developed.

Bodily-Kinesthetic: 84
    The ability to use your body skillfully to solve problems, create products or present ideas and emotions. An ability obviously displayed for athletic pursuits, dancing, acting, artistically, or in building and construction. You can include surgeons in this category but many people who are physically talented–"good with their hands"–don't recognize that this form of intelligence is of equal value to the other intelligences.

Interpersonal: 93
    The ability to work effectively with others, to relate to other people, and display empathy and understanding, to notice their motivations and goals. This is a vital human intelligence displayed by good teachers, facilitators, therapists, politicians, religious leaders and sales people.

Intrapersonal: 57
    The ability for self-analysis and reflection – to be able to quietly contemplate and assess one's accomplishments, to review one's behavior and innermost feelings, to make plans and set goals, the capacity to know oneself. Philosophers, counselors, and many peak performers in all fields of endeavor have this form of intelligence.

Naturalist: 82
    The ability to recognize flora and fauna, to make other consequential distinctions in the natural world and to use this ability productively – for example in hunting, farming, or biological science. Farmers, botanists, conservationists, biologists, environmentalists would all display aspects of this intelligence.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linguistic: 91
    The ability to read, write and communicate with words. Authors, journalists, poets, orators and comedians are obvious examples of people with linguistic intelligence.

Logical-Mathematical: 40
    The ability to reason and calculate, to think things through in a logical, systematic manner. These are the kinds of skills highly developed in engineers, scientists, economists, accountants, detectives and members of the legal profession.

Visual-Spatial: 33
    The ability to think in pictures, visualise a future result. To imagine things in your mind's eye. Architects, sculptors, sailors, photographers and strategic planners. You use it when you have a sense of direction, when you navigate or draw.

Musical: 99
    The ability to make or compose music, to sing well, or understand and appreciate music. To keep rhythm. It's a talent obviously enjoyed by musicians, composers, and recording engineers. But most of us have a musical intelligence which can be developed.

Bodily-Kinesthetic: 60
    The ability to use your body skillfully to solve problems, create products or present ideas and emotions. An ability obviously displayed for athletic pursuits, dancing, acting, artistically, or in building and construction. You can include surgeons in this category but many people who are physically talented–"good with their hands"–don't recognize that this form of intelligence is of equal value to the other intelligences.

Interpersonal: 82
    The ability to work effectively with others, to relate to other people, and display empathy and understanding, to notice their motivations and goals. This is a vital human intelligence displayed by good teachers, facilitators, therapists, politicians, religious leaders and sales people.

Intrapersonal: 100
    The ability for self-analysis and reflection – to be able to quietly contemplate and assess one's accomplishments, to review one's behavior and innermost feelings, to make plans and set goals, the capacity to know oneself. Philosophers, counselors, and many peak performers in all fields of endeavor have this form of intelligence.

Naturalist: 64
    The ability to recognize flora and fauna, to make other consequential distinctions in the natural world and to use this ability productively – for example in hunting, farming, or biological science. Farmers, botanists, conservationists, biologists, environmentalists would all display aspects of this intelligence.
    More detail

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I have really, REALLY shit visual spatial - 10/100.

On the other hand, my highest marks were Musical (90, which I'm very surprised about), Linguistic (80 - no surprise there), and Naturalist (70).

So I guess that would correspond to my being some kind of SLI. How odd.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linguistic: 68

Logical-Mathematical: 79

Visual-Spatial: 40

Musical: 70

Bodily-Kinesthetic: 30

Interpersonal: 57

Intrapersonal: 99

Naturalist: 39

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway Expat, I think V-S could be more related to Ne or Ni:

Quote Originally Posted by Multiple Intelligence Test Results

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Linguistic: 82

Logical-Mathematical: 80

Visual-Spatial: 64

Musical: 95

Bodily-Kinesthetic: 20

Interpersonal: 31

Intrapersonal: 75

Naturalist: 70

I got 95 on Musical, and I can't even play an instrument or sing .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, am I the only one with an aptitude for knesthetic intelligence?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    That's another somewhat misleading one, as people who can't hold a rhythm or tune often think that they can (look at Idol auditions, these people honestly think they can sing).
    I don't watch Pop Idol out of concern for my ears - the crying is bad enough.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... it was hard to say no to those musical questions... I play an instrument, but I wouldn't say I play it well.

Musical = 100
    Visual-Spatial = 88
    Intrapersonal = 82
    Naturalistic = 68
    Logical-Mathematical = 57
    Linguistic = 37
    Interpersonal = 24
    Bodily-Kinesthetic = 15

Hmm... Maybe this test is better: MI Inventory Thingy

Visual-Spatial = 44
    Logical-Mathematical = 41
    Musical = 36
    Intrapersonal = 33
    Naturalistic = 30
    Linguistic = 25
    Bodily-Kinesthetic = 22
    Interpersonal = 17

I think my issue is that there is aptitute/potential, actual ability/actualized potential, interest, and learning styles... I'm not sure where one ends and another begins in terms of these tests.

Reading the descriptions without the tests is more helpful methinks. :-)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    That's another somewhat misleading one, as people who can't hold a rhythm or tune often think that they can (look at Idol auditions, these people honestly think they can sing).
    This is why I was surprised I got 90. For the first few questions, it was about notes and pitches and rhythms etc. about which I have no fucking clue. Only the latter questions did I answer all 'yes's too; things like 'you listen to music in the background or in the car', which I do ALL the time, and 'you couldn't imagine a world without music', which I definitely couldn't.

More surprising was the fact that I answered all 'yes's but one to the linguistic questions and got 80, and answered many more 'no's to the musical, but still got 90.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Food for thought: the questions on music.

For those based around the technicalities of music, I'd say they were more -orientated. For the ones based on actually listening to it and getting enjoyment out of it, I'd say they were more to do with .

Creepy-bg

Linguistic: 19
    Logical-Mathematical: 50
    Visual-Spatial: 55
    Musical: 46
    Bodily-Kinesthetic: 62
    Interpersonal: 51
    Intrapersonal: 77
    Naturalist: 62

I must be retarded or something, nothing over a 77

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Linguistic: 19
    Logical-Mathematical: 50
    Visual-Spatial: 55
    Musical: 46
    Bodily-Kinesthetic: 62
    Interpersonal: 51

You're multi-talented .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linguistic: 73
    Logical-Mathematical: 19
    Visual-Spatial: 48
    Musical: 80
    Bodily-Kinesthetic: 55
    Interpersonal: 31
    Naturalist: 100

Whoo hoo! I'm a naturalist! Hmmm... would have thought I'd score higher in "Linguistic", though. Logical-Mathematical bores me to tears, so that's no surprise. I only pony up the logic when absolutely necessary.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Hahaha. You could just be balanced.

Creepy-bg

the other one...

Linguistic 34
    Mathematics 36
    Visual/Spatial 32
    Body/Kinesthetic 31
    Naturalistic 31
    Music 32
    Interpersonal 27
    Intrapersonal 26

huh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck me. You really must be a retard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting. it seems like all the intelligences can be developped to some extent.

Linguistic: 70

Logical-Mathematical: 75

Visual-Spatial: 86

Musical: 90

Bodily-Kinesthetic: 100

Interpersonal: 44

Intrapersonal: 70

IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the other one isn't so generous with the numbers is it?

Linguistic 43
    Mathematics 43
    Visual/Spatial 48
    Body/Kinesthetic 49
    Naturalistic 35
    Music 44
    Interpersonal 26
    Intrapersonal 41
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First test:

Linguistic 38
    Mathematics 36
    Visual/Spatial 39
    Body/Kinesthetic 39
    Naturalistic 28
    Music 29
    Interpersonal 40
    Intrapersonal 37

Second test:

Linguistic: 55
    Logical-Mathematical: 51
    Visual-Spatial: 100
    Musical: 22
    Bodily-Kinesthetic: 70
    Interpersonal: 82
    Intrapersonal: 60
    Naturalist: 90
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st

Linguistic: 82
    Logical-Mathematical: 75
    Visual-Spatial: 91
    Musical: 100
    Bodily-Kinesthetic: 0
    Interpersonal: 24
    Intrapersonal: 95
    Naturalist: 80

2nd

Linguistic = 39
    Mathematics = 48
    Visual/Spatial= 42
    Body/Kinesthetic = 20
    Naturalistic = 29
    Music = 50
    Interpersonal = 18
    Intrapersonal = 43
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

test 1

Linguistic: 99
    Logical-Mathematical: 64
    Visual-Spatial: 68
    Musical: 99
    Bodily-Kinesthetic: 48
    Interpersonal: 75