Thread: figuring out my type + my partner's type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default figuring out my type + my partner's type.

he says he is an intj, but the fact that i haven't seen how he interacts with other people that he doesn't know makes it difficult for me to judge his type. i only really know how he interacts with me. we started this relationship while he was working abroad, although this is not where we met.

i'm honestly not certain whether i am an intp or an intj. i am prone to believe i am an intp but socionics seems to peg me as intj for the most part. i've also tested at least once or twice as istj and isfp (with mbti tests.) so not much consistency.

my roommate (definitely infp. maybe intp?) and i definitely have relations of benefit, activity, or identity. i tend to want to get away on the weekends and withdraw although sometimes we have a great time doing leisurely things. i learn a lot from him.

i've decided that my partner must be st/nt. whether he is e/i or p/j, i am clueless.

with my partner, maybe we have relations of supervision. i don't always know how to express that i would like some time by myself, but i often find myself very relieved when he goes away for a while.

one particular thing that strikes me as interesting is when we play backgammon/chess/et cetera, he'll make a move and then tell me which moves i could make to take one of his pieces.

he adores playing soccer and is extremely active/energetic. if he is forced to sit for a long period of time, he fidgets a lot (something i do from time to time, but i think i do it less than he does.)

do either of these traits suggest any particular function?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You.

It is not that easy to say since you didn't really provide much info. If you ask for my guess though, I'd say your friend could be... a lot of things, maybe. We have been thinking of writing a kind of What's my Type FAQ, but unfortunately the project is still pretty much in its infancy. Since I am neither INTP nor INTJ I am not very well able to say, it could be you have to wait for Pedro...

Lots of relations other than supervision are unfavorable, identity should not get on you nerves that much, benefit can be heavy. Generally reading type descriptions can be useful, see the link below... They fit some people much better than others though. Just my five cents.
    oldforumlinkviewtopic-441.html
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for the link! although i feel as though i have exhausted some of these links, quite a few are new to me. (i wouldn't be resorting to a relation = missing type + missing type kind of problem solving had i not felt like i had exhausted all other possibilities.)

if VI helps, i can post some pictures.

i can also post some traits etc about myself or my partner. meaning, i can post the traits that stick out to me about him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

things that might apply to the relation from this link:

oldforumlinkviewtopic-66.html

maybe illusionary relations between us. i maintain that relations of supervision is a possibility. my roommate says i tend to be overly critical and negative regarding what my partner says/does/everything, but i never say anything about this (i get this notion from what i read here. http://socionika.adelaida.net/relation.html#@inspect )

he also swears he is more emotional/intimate and internally active around me than he has been with any past girlfriends. i have no way to judge this really.

speaks adoringly of his friends from time to time. it's easy to see that the ones who are his friends are truly loved. at the same time, he stresses the conditionality of all of this if you point out to him that he loves his friends. he says the only person who gets his unconditional love, at this point, is his mother. he's very devoted to her and feels an enormous debt to her, i think.

at this point i should say it seems like he feels kinship in knowing that i am a private person and tend to keep the majority of people at a distance.

history is his favored subject, but he seems to love economics, stocks, and the like as well.