Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Best Sherlock Holmes actor?

Before seeing Benedict Cumberbatch, I would have answered "Jeremy Brett, clearly". After, I would still answer "Jeremy Brett", because much of the enjoyment of Cumberbatch's Sherlock comes from the show as a whole.

My father seemed to think Basil Rathbone was the greatest Sherlock Holmes, although I'm not sure he's seen much of the Brett version. (For me, the Rathbone version is rather stilted, dated and somewhat balderdash, whereas I agree with the opinion that Brett's version is visually and theatrically a brilliant representation of the Holmes character as appeared in paperform, with the additional benefit that Brett filmed all the Sherlock stories (although in the later ones, he is sadly lacking the energy of the earlier performances).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

As Doyle was most probably ISTJ, best Sherlock should be played by ISTJ actor. Don't remember such actors.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

subteigh

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't answer objectively seeing as I really haven't seen all the adaptations, but Jeremy Brett's portrayal of Holmes was magnificent. That is all I will say.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

None of them @DaftPunk would do an amazing job at the role
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    As Doyle was most probably ISTJ, best Sherlock should be played by ISTJ actor. Don't remember such actors.
    Wtf. Your typing is ludicrous
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Your typing is ludicrous
    The better you will type, the less you'll think about my opinion as ludicrous. For the start, you need correctly type yourself, at least.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The better you will type, the less you'll think about my opinion as ludicrous. For the start, you need correctly type yourself, at least.
    First of all you admitted that you read a version that may have been poorly translated
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh I'm sorry seem to have forgotten. You serm to type so well apparently. What type do you think I am
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here let me do the honors and quote you some sherlock Holmes which you might find interesting for typing purposes. "It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. " ""I arrive at the conclusion without being conscious of the intermediate steps"
    -

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As subjective human beings, the statement "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” as a philosophy for practically solving cases is inductive reasoning, which is ...if the statement was taken objectively, it is a truism that is meaningless to determine whether it is or .

I don't disagree with the typing of Sherlock as a LSE though, just that its famous that what Sherlock describes as deductive reasoning is wrongly labelled. (He uses both inductive and deductive reasoning in his cases).