Thread: Master Liar

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Master Liar

I just saw a show on how to detect lies in people on TV. They were talking about watching for clusters of body language etc. I already knew all of this, but one thing the scientist said was he has encountered a certian type of person who is a Master Lier. This type encompasses roughly 4% of the population.

He said that these type of people are often high up in organisations, they are successful at acting, sales and successful in politics. He said these people can really put themselves into the state that they are telling the truth and feel it.

Sound like a certian type?

I think he could be talking about the ESFp. Im actually quite perceptive with people, but the ESFp who i knew was undoubtedly the best Lier i have ever met. She would lie to others about quite stressful issues with ease.

What do you think?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ESTp husband says that he can do that, so that he can lie and not feel that its a lie.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway irrational types should be better at this.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can identify with this. I've always wondered if others experienced something similar. I've noticed that, when I know I'm about to tell a lie, I can control my body language and facial expressions to discourage any kind of suspicion about what I'm saying.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    I can identify with this. I've always wondered if others experienced something similar. I've noticed that, when I know I'm about to tell a lie, I can control my body language and facial expressions to discourage any kind of suspicion about what I'm saying.
    Wasn't it that by controlling it you're actually sending the opposite signal?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Anyway irrational types should be better at this.

Or even a rational....... if they feel that lieing is 'for the better good', or if there is some good 'rationale' behind lieing.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is it possible to lie? how is it possible not to?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    how is it possible to lie? how is it possible not to?
    I dont get the question Pedro

When i was younger, all my friends used to call me a lier. Thats because i would lie to them all the time about inconsequential stuff and fool them for kicks. Since it was for fun i think i did make it very tough to tell i was lying as i didn't feel any guilt.

But Lying when your ass is on the line, it would be very hit an miss for me. Its not reliable at all. In fact i could get so nervous i could blow the whole game.

The ESFp was a master Lier and manipulator. I once put my arms on both sides of the walls to either side of her and looked her in the eyes and said "your telling the truth aren't you?". She said yes unflinchingly. The only way to catch people like this is that their stories dont always add up.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Sound like a certian type?
    People with strong anti-social personality traits often lack the capacity to feel remorse or guilt which makes it easy to tell a lie. Sub-criminal psychopaths are often found in high corporate or political positions since they are very attracted to power and have no problem steam rolling over people to get there. Here's an interesting article:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFr...476077,00.html

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, i read the article. Yeah it probablly was wrong of me to nail down a good lier to one type. A bit scary about the Psychopaths. It has a lot to do with guilt. If you dont feel the guilt/dont feel what your doing is wrong then lying is easy
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-pokeball

Strong Borderlines in action are a real piece of work. Crafty bastards, they are.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally, my facial expression gives away my attempts at lying--not that I don't try, just that few people believe them.

I've been told that I "look guilty."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    Generally, my facial expression gives away my attempts at lying--not that I don't try, just that few people believe them.

I've been told that I "look guilty."
    this is how i feel when i try to lie. i've never been told that i "look guilty" but i would be completely paranoid that i did look guilty. i'm the worst liar ever.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm good at lying. I hate doing it though and refuse for the most part.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always lie on day-to-day stuff. Where I have been, where does your friend live blah blah, cuz I loathe being controlled. Don't care really if they find me out: they'll learn not to ask in the first place.

Hard to lie on big things, people find out and bad things happen.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I think I can lie okay, to my parents and authorative figures anyways.

I hate lying to anyone else, and I hate being lied to.

I hate doing it to my parents etc sometimes too, unless I think they deserve it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism

Big things... depends, I guess. I do have an uncanny ability to talk myself out of ANY situation. A weird, instinctive ability to instantly make up the right shit at the right time and say it in the right way, depending on the circumstances and the person(s) involved. I'll do this without compunction if my ass is on the line, or if it's for someone I consider a friend.
    Yeah if shit hits the fan all of a sudden, I enter into a trance and I'm absolutely like that, though I am somewhat unable to go on my way to do it.