View Poll Results: ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strawberries

    7 33.33%
  • Raspberries

    14 66.67%
Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Strawberries or Raspberries?

  1. #1
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,936
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Strawberries or Raspberries?



    Sorry if I've posted this once or twice before.

    It seems that the world consumes 8 or 10 times more strawberries (per ton, not per unit) than raspberries every year: I find this rather astonishing.

  2. #2
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strawberries taste better maybe?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  3. #3
    rob timidly hacim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    personal space station
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like both, but that's not important.

    Of note nutritionally, strawberries are very high in Vitamin C and have a decent amount of potassium. Most of the caloric values come from the sugars in them.

    Compared to strawberries, raspberries are not as high in Vitamin C (a bit over half that of strawberries), about 4/5 as much potassium, and are more caloric than strawberries, containing more fats, proteins, and complex carbohydrates (more fiber than strawberries). They also have a decent amount of manganese.

    Both are healthy, and in my experience are complimentary in flavor. I often use them as a sweet base for the liquefied "food" that I force into my body, as well as a natural source of simple sugars for brain function.

    Strawberries are more chemically interesting because of the plethora of organic molecules they contain that all contribute to their aroma: heavy alcohols, carboxylic acids, ketones, etc.

    I'll stop now...

  4. #4
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,841
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raspberries.Taste, difference, personal impression.

  5. #5
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think strawberries are easier to pick, both mechanically and by hand.
    Strawberries have more flesh per seed than raspberries.
    A ton of strawberries has fewer fruits than a ton of raspberries does.

    I've grown both, and prefer growing strawberries. My raspberries seemed to get too soft too quickly, on the cane. I could never get the timing for picking them right. And I hated dealing with the pokey canes when trimming them down.

    Edited to add: I do, however, prefer raspberry flavor over strawberry. But I hate eating all those seeds with the raspberries. While strawberry seeds don't bother me.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  6. #6
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    I like both, but that's not important.

    Of note nutritionally, strawberries are very high in Vitamin C and have a decent amount of potassium. Most of the caloric values come from the sugars in them.

    Compared to strawberries, raspberries are not as high in Vitamin C (a bit over half that of strawberries), about 4/5 as much potassium, and are more caloric than strawberries, containing more fats, proteins, and complex carbohydrates (more fiber than strawberries). They also have a decent amount of manganese.

    Both are healthy, and in my experience are complimentary in flavor. I often use them as a sweet base for the liquefied "food" that I force into my body, as well as a natural source of simple sugars for brain function.

    Strawberries are more chemically interesting because of the plethora of organic molecules they contain that all contribute to their aroma: heavy alcohols, carboxylic acids, ketones, etc.

    I'll stop now...
    Cool, I just don't like how raspberries taste much so STRAWBERRIES all the way

  7. #7

    Default

    Raspberries. When every I buy a pack of Stewberries most of them are sour, It's just too much of a gamble.
    But with things being equal then I would have to say Strawberries.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    melon
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  9. #9
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I much prefer strawberries over raspberries. Although a sweet fresh raspberry can be very very good, it's just a rarer occurrence. They also get moldy quicker so sometimes i feel the taste of mold with store-bought raspberries
    I also dont particularly like raspberry jam or yogurt flavoring, or dried raspberries in cereal (i've gotten very bitter ones among the dried variety), whereas i like the strawberry forms of all of the above.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  10. #10
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raspberries are just inherently grosser, like "giving somebody a raspberry" sticking out ur tongue and making a farting sound. It's vulgar and not as good. Strawberries are sweeter, more nicer and innocent- most people like hanging out with the kind hearted mary sue. Raspberry is the bad girl with STDs, Strawberry is the mary sue housewife.

    Humans are drawn to the light more than the dark- I mean even though the Hollywood illuminati is obsessed with "being evil" these days- we naturally turn to light, sweet things (like strawberries) and turn our heads away at ugly disgusting things (like raspberries)

    (except for when we are horny- then we are tempted, and fall for raspberries in strawberry's clothing)

  11. #11
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raspberries are much tastier. They're juicy and tangy & I prefer the texture. Strawberries are usually too bland and flavorless unless it's been a good season for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  12. #12
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I vote for raspberries. Both flavors are excellent, but these days strawberries are too big and awkward to eat, whereas raspberries are still conveniently bite-sized.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  13. #13
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    It seems that the world consumes 8 or 10 times more strawberries (per ton, not per unit) than raspberries every year: I find this rather astonishing.
    They're bigger and probably easier to grow. So that's not very surprising.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  14. #14
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i need to work harder for the raspberries in my life. choosing strawberries is like sitting in the wasteland of my gifts because it was more convenient. it's harder to find raspberries that aren't all discolored and soggy or hairy or more seed than fruit... but i've been abandoning my preferences (trading) for convenience for far too long.

  15. #15
    epheme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Japan
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    430
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both are delicious. In my neck of the woods, strawberries are much cheaper, which is why I would guess people eat so much more of them.

  16. #16
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strawberries are cheaper here, but apparently they're destroying the ozone layer so I feel a pang of guilt when I eat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  17. #17
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,282
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    raspberries 100% the grow native here so are everywhere.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  18. #18
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Strawberries are cheaper here, but apparently they're destroying the ozone layer so I feel a pang of guilt when I eat them.
    but how can they possibly be destroying the ozone layer?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  19. #19
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    raspberries 100% the grow native here so are everywhere.
    maybe that's why they're so fresh and good where you are...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  20. #20
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    but how can they possibly be destroying the ozone layer?
    http://www.techinsider.io/strawberri...to-grow-2015-8

    Commercially grown strawberries are sprayed with a pesticide that will eventually make its way into the upper atmosphere and destroy ozone. It's supposed to be banned soon but it doesn't have very good replacements, so strawberries could get more expensive soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  21. #21
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Blueberries

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 792 so/sx
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd just eat them both. np.

  23. #23
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ku4 View Post
    I'd just eat them both. np.
    but which would you ENJOY more?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  24. #24
    Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Blackberries

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 792 so/sx
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post


    Sorry if I've posted this once or twice before.

    It seems that the world consumes 8 or 10 times more strawberries (per ton, not per unit) than raspberries every year: I find this rather astonishing.
    Hmmm.... what's up with the woman in the middle?

  26. #26
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    rasp

  27. #27
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,936
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ku4 View Post
    Hmmm.... what's up with the woman in the middle?
    Some people will prefer other Berries.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  28. #28
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ice cream

    I used to eat a ton of strawberries because that's what my dad grew. We didn't have raspberries but they are tasty.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Moscow, RF
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strawberries or raspberries? Both, please, and some cream! ))
    Well, as for why strawberries are sold more than raspberries, it's easy - they are easier to grow and they store much better. Have you tried storing raspberries? They need to be eaten quickly, not a very commercial product. Also, they can't be washed.
    But I don't buy either of them anyway. I grow them and also pick the wild ones near my country house.

  30. #30
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,604
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    strawberries because they r cheaper

  31. #31
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sergeyeva View Post
    Strawberries or raspberries? Both, please, and some cream! ))
    Well, as for why strawberries are sold more than raspberries, it's easy - they are easier to grow and they store much better. Have you tried storing raspberries? They need to be eaten quickly, not a very commercial product. Also, they can't be washed.
    But I don't buy either of them anyway. I grow them and also pick the wild ones near my country house.
    I love picking and eating wild edibles. I miss that about the country side.

  32. #32
    squirreltual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLI 9 sp/sx
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. Blackberries

    2. Gooseberries

    3. Raspberries

    4.

    5. Strawberries

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Moscow, RF
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I love picking and eating wild edibles. I miss that about the country side.
    When in Britain recently Icouldn't but pick and eat blackberries all the time. It's the season for them and they are everywhere! I must have looked weird. It seems that locals don't pick them, blackbery is just a weed there.

  34. #34
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess it's true what they say about IEI's spending money on their extravagant needs. I don't even consider price when buying the foods I feel like eating. I just splurge on my craving.

    I spent a lot of money on this thing called jackfruit the other day just because I was curious to see what it tasted like. I'm the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  35. #35
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I guess it's true what they say about IEI's spending money on their extravagant needs. I don't even consider price when buying the foods I feel like eating. I just splurge on my craving.

    I spent a lot of money on this thing called jackfruit the other day just because I was curious to see what it tasted like. I'm the worst.
    i do that too!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  36. #36
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raspberries, most definitely.




    Oh wait, there's a third option! A fine looking mulatto woman. Hmm, I think it's a split between these two.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  37. #37
    netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raspberries are more expensive than strawberries, generally... that's why people eat more strawberries.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine


    EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •