Thread: Member Questionnaire (Earlgrey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Earlgrey)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Earlgrey)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    I think that beauty describes a feeling of peace one experiences when looking both within himself and outside himself. This arises from getting in touch with what one truly is by shutting off thought and focusing all of ones attention on the beautiful thing, and thus his sufferings disappear and a state of beautiful peace arises. Clueless about love though, maybe the ability to recognize beauty?
    What are your most important values?
    Ethics wise, I think values should be intrinsic. If one has to think about his values and they do not arise spontaneously, then they are probably not genuine. That being said, I like when everyone is in a good mood, polite, and pleasant. I have really no patience for moodiness, I like cheerful happy people.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm not religious but I have spiritual beliefs that basically came from Zen and Hinduism. I switched from philosophy to spirituality because philosophy just seemed to be words about words, rather than actually understanding the world on a deeper level.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I think power for the sake of power is egotistical, just to make someone feel important. I don't like yelling or dominating over people. When people yell when they're angry, I interpret it as having no emotional control. I don't like war, the military is bullshit, I want to move to Switzerland.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I'm probably a constructivist. I personally don't care about anyone's past, I'm indifferent about where you can from, I just want to learn from you. I'm very quiet with small talk, but if someone brings up their interests, even if it is not mutual, I tend to get very curious, and can talk for hours about almost anything provided I can learn somthing. I like a bit of quirkiness and absurdism in my conversations.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    No, but I am very comfort focused and very aware of aethedics. I love to design and can spend hours rearranging my desk or room to reach a visual balance and perfection. The first thing I notice about a house, building, restaurant, etc. is the design and how it makes me feel. It seems like every living space has a vibe that my body is sensitive of. When walls are white and furniture is more minimalist, I tend to intuitively sit more upright, and fomalize, and when lighting is darker and colors are woodier, my body opens up, I relax, and my voice deepens. When design is to my liking, I become almost meditative.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I do some with great pleasure and diligence: cleaning the espresso machine, tuning guitars, fixing things, getting dressed (works similarly to my design tangent), shaving, I love cooking and can spend hours striving for culinary perfection. I love the idea of making or doing something perfectly. I will often verbalize chores in my head, as if I am teaching them to someone

I ignore others: I don't make my bed unless I have to work in my bedroom and it irks me, don't like laundry
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Wind and the Willows, Kenneth Grahame; Self-Reliance, Emerson; Malcolm Gladwell Books; Eckhart Tolle

I like nonfiction, never enjoyed movies
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I can't remember the last time I cried, I smile constantly at other people, and can be overly polite and formal. I don't smile much on my own despite being happy. I smile when sailing, on rollercoasters, etc. I tend to laugh at everything.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Anywhere outside or a place of aesthetic perfection. Particularly looking up at the stars. Also when singing or listening to classical or ambient techno music.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I think too much and tend to care too much about appearing to be a competent, interesting person. I overthink everything, and lack some confidence in what I can do. I tend to avoid auditions and things like that because I'm afraid of pressure.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I'm witty, seem to know everything, creative, artistic, and I really don't brood or suffer. I enjoy life, and have fantastic self-control. I always try new things and can appear fearless in danger, but fearful in normal situations.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I need someone to tell me I'm far better than I think I am, provided it is honest. I think I suck until someone compliments me or points of a talent. I want someone to tell me I am good enough.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    No, what even is a rut? A period of boredom? Just go out and do something, find a hobby, read a book, learn an instrument, face fears, meet strangers. Your ruts are meaningless.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Hate moodiness, yelling, loud, pronounced emotions, can't deal with crying, complaining, etc.

Love quirkiness, enthusiasm, and accepting people.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I think it is a good temporary source of pleasure. I can be a bit cold romantically. I neither need nor hide from intimacy. It is something to be enjoyed in moderation, like wine. I need other people to take the initiative, I can't read emotional cues that well.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Making sure it was provided for. I'd encourage my children to think for themselves and generally ignore what everyone else is thinking. I would avoid having kids unless
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I don't care, believe what you want.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I'm not really separate from society or people, I came out of society and am a part of it. Asking my relationship to society is like asking my cells how they feel about my body that they are part of. If they say they hate it, it gives them no real meaning to existence, what can they work for? it would be nonsensical. People are there, and I am one of them. To criticize people it to criticize myself. Starving kids in Africa, the fact that a hobo beggs outside of a multimillion dollar skyscraper.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    If they like me and I enjoy being with them, they are friends. I behave how I feel like behaving, my entire personality is circumstancial.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    quiet, calm, witty, excessively polite.

I was pretty brief, ask if you need picture, videos, etc. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Earlgrey; 08-18-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, ill post in a few days

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlgrey View Post
    I think that beauty describes a feeling of peace one experiences when looking both within himself and outside himself. This arises from getting in touch with what one truly is by shutting off thought and focusing all of ones attention on the beautiful thing, and thus his sufferings disappear and a state of beautiful peace arises.
    Anywhere outside or a place of aesthetic perfection. Particularly looking up at the stars. Also when singing or listening to classical or ambient techno music.
    I am very comfort focused and very aware of aethedics. I love to design and can spend hours rearranging my desk or room to reach a visual balance and perfection. The first thing I notice about a house, building, restaurant, etc. is the design and how it makes me feel. It seems like every living space has a vibe that my body is sensitive of. When walls are white and furniture is more minimalist, I tend to intuitively sit more upright, and fomalize, and when lighting is darker and colors are woodier, my body opens up, I relax, and my voice deepens. When design is to my liking, I become almost meditative.
    Lots of , probably leading.
    I do some with great pleasure and diligence: cleaning the espresso machine, tuning guitars, fixing things, getting dressed (works similarly to my design tangent), shaving, I love cooking and can spend hours striving for culinary perfection. I love the idea of making or doing something perfectly.
    / valuing
    I overthink everything, and lack some confidence in what I can do.
    I need someone to tell me I'm far better than I think I am, provided it is honest. I think I suck until someone compliments me or points of a talent. I want someone to tell me I am good enough.
    I like a bit of quirkiness and absurdism in my conversations.
    super-id
    If they like me and I enjoy being with them, they are friends.
    and valuing
    That being said, I like when everyone is in a good mood, polite, and pleasant. I have really no patience for moodiness, I like cheerful happy people.
    When people yell when they're angry, I interpret it as having no emotional control.
    Fits with valuing, super-ego
    Clueless about love though, maybe the ability to recognize beauty?
    I need other people to take the initiative, I can't read emotional cues that well.
    Hate moodiness, yelling, loud, pronounced emotions, can't deal with crying, complaining, etc.
    Fits with an vulnerable
    I'm probably a constructivist. I personally don't care about anyone's past, I'm indifferent about where you can from, I just want to learn from you. I'm very quiet with small talk, but if someone brings up their interests, even if it is not mutual, I tend to get very curious, and can talk for hours about almost anything provided I can learn somthing.
    Focus on "learning" over "understanding" fits with over
    No, what even is a rut? A period of boredom? Just go out and do something, find a hobby, read a book, learn an instrument, face fears, meet strangers. Your ruts are meaningless.
    Fits with ignoring
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone, I was thinking Si dom after reading this and I think ill lean toward SLI. SEI makes sense, but I have issues with Fe. The idea of being expected to cry and look sad at funerals scare me, I only really have two moods: calm or energetic, I am compassionate, but suck at showing it and can only impart wisdom. Ill have to ponder subtype.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Based on your answers I want to put you in Delta. Welcome to the forum if I haven't said it yet.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Earlgrey)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    I think that beauty describes a feeling of peace one experiences when looking both within himself and outside himself. This arises from getting in touch with what one truly is by shutting off thought and focusing all of ones attention on the beautiful thing, and thus his sufferings disappear and a state of beautiful peace arises. Clueless about love though, maybe the ability to recognize beauty?
    What are your most important values?
    Ethics wise, I think values should be intrinsic. If one has to think about his values and they do not arise spontaneously, then they are probably not genuine. That being said, I like when everyone is in a good mood, polite, and pleasant. I have really no patience for moodiness, I like cheerful happy people.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm not religious but I have spiritual beliefs that basically came from Zen and Hinduism. I switched from philosophy to spirituality because philosophy just seemed to be words about words, rather than actually understanding the world on a deeper level.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I think power for the sake of power is egotistical, just to make someone feel important. I don't like yelling or dominating over people. When people yell when they're angry, I interpret it as having no emotional control. I don't like war, the military is bullshit, I want to move to Switzerland.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I'm probably a constructivist. I personally don't care about anyone's past, I'm indifferent about where you can from, I just want to learn from you. I'm very quiet with small talk, but if someone brings up their interests, even if it is not mutual, I tend to get very curious, and can talk for hours about almost anything provided I can learn somthing. I like a bit of quirkiness and absurdism in my conversations.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    No, but I am very comfort focused and very aware of aethedics. I love to design and can spend hours rearranging my desk or room to reach a visual balance and perfection. The first thing I notice about a house, building, restaurant, etc. is the design and how it makes me feel. It seems like every living space has a vibe that my body is sensitive of. When walls are white and furniture is more minimalist, I tend to intuitively sit more upright, and fomalize, and when lighting is darker and colors are woodier, my body opens up, I relax, and my voice deepens. When design is to my liking, I become almost meditative.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I do some with great pleasure and diligence: cleaning the espresso machine, tuning guitars, fixing things, getting dressed (works similarly to my design tangent), shaving, I love cooking and can spend hours striving for culinary perfection. I love the idea of making or doing something perfectly. I will often verbalize chores in my head, as if I am teaching them to someone

I ignore others: I don't make my bed unless I have to work in my bedroom and it irks me, don't like laundry
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Wind and the Willows, Kenneth Grahame; Self-Reliance, Emerson; Malcolm Gladwell Books; Eckhart Tolle

I like nonfiction, never enjoyed movies
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I can't remember the last time I cried, I smile constantly at other people, and can be overly polite and formal. I don't smile much on my own despite being happy. I smile when sailing, on rollercoasters, etc. I tend to laugh at everything.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I think too much and tend to care too much about appearing to be a competent, interesting person. I overthink everything, and lack some confidence in what I can do. I tend to avoid auditions and things like that because I'm afraid of pressure.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I'm witty, seem to know everything, creative, artistic, and I really don't brood or suffer. I enjoy life, and have fantastic self-control. I always try new things and can appear fearless in danger, but fearful in normal situations.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Hate moodiness, yelling, loud, pronounced emotions, can't deal with crying, complaining, etc. ( = NOT Fe! )

Love quirkiness, enthusiasm, and accepting people. ( = IEE superid )
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I think it is a good temporary source of pleasure. I can be a bit cold romantically. I neither need nor hide from intimacy. It is something to be enjoyed in moderation, like wine. I need other people to take the initiative, I can't read emotional cues that well.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Making sure it was provided for. I'd encourage my children to think for themselves and generally ignore what everyone else is thinking. I would avoid having kids unless
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I don't care, believe what you want(sure, weak Fe).
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I'm not really separate from society or people, I came out of society and am a part of it. Asking my relationship to society is like asking my cells how they feel about my body that they are part of. If they say they hate it, it gives them no real meaning to existence, what can they work for? it would be nonsensical. People are there, and I am one of them. To criticize people it to criticize myself. Starving kids in Africa, the fact that a hobo beggs outside of a multimillion dollar skyscraper.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    If they like me and I enjoy being with them, they are friends. I behave how I feel like behaving, my entire personality is circumstancial.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    quiet, calm, witty, excessively polite.

I was pretty brief, ask if you need picture, videos, etc. Thanks so much!
    If you ask me, you are a SLI. That is SiTe. I've bolded the important stuff. You are even quick, brief and to the point just like T types like to be-Te valuers especially. This is Delta quadra.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

About as delta as it gets, especially the underlined part. Delta is known as the quadra of "protecting those less fortunate".

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.I'm not really separate from society or people, I came out of society and am a part of it. Asking my relationship to society is like asking my cells how they feel about my body that they are part of. If they say they hate it, it gives them no real meaning to existence, what can they work for? it would be nonsensical. People are there, and I am one of them. To criticize people it to criticize myself. Starving kids in Africa, the fact that a hobo beggs outside of a multimillion dollar skyscraper.

After reading this and seeing a good example of what an SLI is like, I think I can rule out ISTp for my type. A lot of it just doesn't seem like things I can see myself saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    About as delta as it gets, especially the underlined part. Delta is known as the quadra of "protecting those less fortunate".

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.I'm not really separate from society or people, I came out of society and am a part of it. Asking my relationship to society is like asking my cells how they feel about my body that they are part of. If they say they hate it, it gives them no real meaning to existence, what can they work for? it would be nonsensical. People are there, and I am one of them. To criticize people it to criticize myself. Starving kids in Africa, the fact that a hobo beggs outside of a multimillion dollar skyscraper.

After reading this and seeing a good example of what an SLI is like, I think I can rule out ISTp for my type. A lot of it just doesn't seem like things I can see myself saying.
    Yup, I'll stick with SLI then. Thanks for making this far more straightforward than I expected it to be. @Muddytextures, if you need a VI idea of SLI, I'll gladly make a video. I'd try to type you through your thread, but I know jack shit about typing, your video seems more Ti than Te though, maybe with a perception lead because of your posture.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

SLI as fuck

Did you decide on subtype yet? Show some pics.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    SLI as fuck

How come we never get to see *your* pics?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    How come we never get to see *your* pics?
    heh. you can talk to me in pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    SLI as fuck

SLI-Te most likely, I have a picture on my profile

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Okay, ill post in a few days
    Looks as few days may to be long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Looks as few days may to be long.
    I think you underestimate my laziness sir

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think you underestimate my laziness
    Either you underestimate the importance of a video for typing, or don't want to be typed correctly. To be among incorrectly typed is not so bad, - good company according to types lists of famouses. Just don't try to use Socionics in life and everything will be good.