TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Note to LSEs/ESTjs about relationships

Dear Duals,

I know that you like relationships but aren't great at them. To start, it would be good if you remembered that relationships are a shared concept and to keep things in perspective ask what is th the other person getting out of a relationship with me as opposed to keep asking for or taking more for your self.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Do you still love LSE???
    Yes of course
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Dear Duals,

I know that you like relationships but aren't great at them. To start, it would be good if you remembered that relationships are a shared concept and to keep things in perspective ask what is th the other person getting out of a relationship with me as opposed to keep asking for or taking more for your self.
    That's good dating and marriage advice in general, the problem is a lot of people are flat broken and impossible to please sustainably (e.g. they got severe daddy issues they haven't resolved yet). The insecurities instilled into them from a young age plus other factors come out in the relationship in all their vile nastiness. They want more, more, more, it's never enough because they think that unless you're practically worshiping them like a god you're going to treat them like crap down the road. Do note, if you're doing this to your partner remember it equates to treating your partner like crap, this is a relationship, it's not supposed to be a glorified super-expensive version of prostitution (because time AND money AND emotions get sunk into it instead of just money). Or, they've gone full retard and become actual psychopaths and narcissists, which you really don't need in your life. Indeed, if you let that into your life you'll probably die, either socially or physically (or both, if they're pure evil). I don't care about your partner and your choices in them, don't ignore the crazy, ya just might die if ya do.

Relationships, especially romantic ones, are pretty much the most dangerous game you can play legally in both senses of the term. Know the score and be sure to read the rules before playing, it just might save your ass.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Phew!
    They are caregiver types and do a lot
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    That's good dating and marriage advice in general, the problem is a lot of people are flat broken and impossible to please sustainably (e.g. they got severe daddy issues they haven't resolved yet). The insecurities instilled into them from a young age plus other factors come out in the relationship in all their vile nastiness. They want more, more, more, it's never enough because they think that unless you're practically worshiping them like a god you're going to treat them like crap down the road. Do note, if you're doing this to your partner remember it equates to treating your partner like crap, this is a relationship, it's not supposed to be a glorified super-expensive version of prostitution (because time AND money AND emotions get sunk into it instead of just money). Or, they've gone full retard and become actual psychopaths and narcissists, which you really don't need in your life. Indeed, if you let that into your life you'll probably die, either socially or physically (or both, if they're pure evil). I don't care about your partner and your choices in them, don't ignore the crazy, ya just might die if ya do.

Relationships, especially romantic ones, are pretty much the most dangerous game you can play legally in both senses of the term. Know the score and be sure to read the rules before playing, it just might save your ass.
    Never change those three little TIM letters, please. I might not handle the shock well. Thanks.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I know that you like relationships but aren't great at them.
    We are great at relations with good IR and good people as anybody.

it would be good if you remembered that relationships are a shared concept
    With base Te the importance of reciprocal benefit we understand excellently.

Resume.
    Relations with duals have least probability for problems wich you have described. If you get them on systematic base, hence you interacted not with your duals - you and/or other dudes had other types than you thought.
    Type better Maritsa, or you'll continue to descover "new theories" for Socionics.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

Resume.
    Relations with duals have least probability for problems wich you have described. If you get them on systematic base, hence you interacted not with your duals - you and/or other dudes had other types than you thought.
    Type better Maritsa, or you'll continue to descover "new theories" for Socionics.
    I don't have problems with my dual. I didn't say this was about me
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

Resume.
    When LSE become impatient, get upset at family and friends, and unfriend them is that being good with relationships?
    -

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Never change those three little TIM letters, please. I might not handle the shock well. Thanks.
    Thank you, I identify with being an INTJ/ILI-Ni descriptions most strongly. Thanks for understanding that in some way, I rather appreciate it. My final prayer is that I meet my dual in the very best way possible. Would that I love someone with all my heart and soul and have it not backfire on me... If that wish is wrong I don't want to be right.