Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm SLI now

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default I'm SLI now

Just announcing I'm typing myself as SLI-Si now. I didn't consider SLI seriously before because I assumed I was an NT type due to my logical and contemplative nature, but I now realize that isn't an exclusive trait of NTs. I'm too Ne/Si valuing to be ILI and I'm too irrational to be LII. I get along super easy with Ne-doms and I could definitely see it as my dual seeking function. It seems I also have the face of an SLI as well.

So comrades, delta is my home now.

Edit: Yeap, you guessed it, I'm still not certain. Just consider me IxTx until there is a solid confirmation for m type.
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-19-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Just announcing I'm typing myself as SLI-Si now. I didn't consider SLI seriously before because I assumed I was an NT type due to my logical and contemplative nature, but I now realize that isn't an exclusive trait of NTs. I'm too Ne/Si valuing to be ILI and I'm too irrational to be LII. I get along super easy with Ne-doms and I could definitely see it as my dual seeking function. It seems I also have the face of an SLI as well.

So comrades, delta is my home now.
    Heh, kind of figured.. I mean, your username is "MuddyTextures"

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I will remain cautiously optimistic that you do not change your type again soon. I have prematurely congratulated people, too many times, since I joined, so remain a little bit skeptical. I won't be fooled again.

Let play superego!

@TJay I like what I see again and your type on my list has not changed since I posted it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

congrats. I wouldn't rule out LII for you though you remind me alot of my LII friends.SLIs seem more blunt and concise than you.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    congrats. I wouldn't rule out LII for you though you remind me alot of my LII friends.SLIs seem more blunt and concise than you.
    Some people see me as LII, some say ILI, others say SLI, and even LSI.

Maybe I'm just all the IxTx types mixed into one bag.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm just all the IxTx types mixed into one bag.
    Lol. A weekly schedule of IxTx:

"On Monday I am gonna be ISTp. Tuesday INTj. Wednesday ISTj. Thursday INTp."
    I do not suffer fools gladly.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Lol. A weekly schedule of IxTx:

"On Monday I am gonna be ISTp. Tuesday INTj. Wednesday ISTj. Thursday INTp."
    Lol its like choosing which outfit you want to wear today.

My behavior and traits seem to vary depending on the circumstances and my self-esteem. Some days I want nothing more then to get along with everybody, other times I feel like fucking shit up. With some people I'm serious and to the point while with others I'm a complete goof ball. Sometimes I'm critical and other times submissive and empathetic. Different people make me act different ways. By default I simply keep social interaction to a minimum and just do my own things.
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-18-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILIs can make great use of Si, it is just something that is often less preferred than imaginative wanderings and contemplations. They can also make good use of Ne. I find a lot of humor is Ne base and it is fun to use sometimes. Ne aids in idea generation.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol its like choosing which outfit you want to wear today.

My behavior and traits seem to vary depending on the circumstances and my self-esteem. Some days I want nothing more then to get along with everybody, other times I feel like fucking shit up. With some people I'm serious and to the point while with others I'm a complete goof ball. Sometimes I'm critical and other times submissive and empathetic. Different people make me act different ways. By default I simply keep social interaction to a minimum and just do my own things.
    Congrats, you're every other neurotypical human being.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    His last sentence too? And I don't relate to some of his things said here.

You're generalizing so much.

@Muddytextures

What seems relevant to type in your post is the Ne/Si valuing only and the IxTx. I'm not trying to type you beyond that tho'.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some days I want nothing more then to get along with everybody, other times I feel like fucking shit up.
    This isn't anything like Si'Ne--Fiiiii

Try the Se quadra.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll just play it safe and resign to being IxTx until there is a solid consensus for my type. I could still be SLI but its seems that others and myself are not fully convinced. I really don't want to be "that guy" who constantly changes types.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Just consider me IxTx until there is a solid confirmation for m type.
    You may try to check impressions from people of different types in my actors and video bloggers lists (in signature) - to decide wich quadra gives you more feelings of trust, humaneness and sympathy. Then things will become easier for you to understand own type.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll just play it safe and resign to being IxTx until there is a solid consensus for my type. I could still be SLI but its seems that others and myself are not fully convinced. I really don't want to be "that guy" who constantly changes types.
    Seeing how you're uncertain of N / S...that directly points me to a j type-that is a type who uses some kind of F / T function as a dom. On a further inspection, you do seem like IT-therefore considerably narrowing down your type. All that is left is to determine N and S and I'll do it thusly:

Tell the first thing that comes to your mind when you see this(or the first few):

peach.jpg

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That it is a fresh peach?
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-21-2015 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Except himself?

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That it is a fresh peach?
    And nothing else?

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    And nothing else?
    The peach is anything you want it to be. You shape its destiny. You can eat it. You can use it as a rolling pin, you can use it as a juggling ball, but it still serves the same purpose. As an object; an object of desire.
    I do not suffer fools gladly.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And nothing else?
    Other then the thought of eating it, yeah thats pretty much it.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other then the thought of eating it, yeah thats pretty much it.
    No desire, no buttocks on the right, nothing?

Yeah, I'd say you're LSI.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, it would explain why I value Ti>Te (Te fits perfectly as the ignoring function) but yet think of myself as a logical Ni dom, and why I relate to delta quadra and its types the least (excluding SLI) rather than alpha. It would also explain why I don't see ESEs/SEEs being my duals nor conflictors. (The few SEEs I've known seem as if they get creeped out by me, possibly supervision). I'm still skeptical however. I can't really say I am very confident with Se. I also seem get along rather well with the Ne doms I've known. On the flip side I've got along with Fe doms as well.

If I were LSI that we have to mean I would be Ne polr. I've never really thought of it as my polr, but I am rather fearful of unknown places and unknown people to the point where I just stick to being bored at home. I have also been really shit at things like creative art or writing stories out of thin air. Care to give examples of how Ne polr manifest in LSIs?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Care to give examples of how Ne polr manifest in LSIs?
    You'll have more use from IR for typing. The problem here - correct examples.
    About functions you need to know is it strong/weak, valued/non-valued. Other things are rather doubtful and not sharp in model A.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is how I view my functions:

Ti- Very strong, not excessively valued but more than Te
    Te- Kinda strong, not valued much at all
    Ni: Strong and valued
    Ne: unsure
    Si: sufficiently strong, moderate value
    Se: unsure
    Fi: Slightly weak, on the fence with value
    Fe: Very weak, also on the fence with value

Some I almost certain I value Ti over Te, which means I'd also have to value Fe over Fi even though I am not completely adverse to Fi. I am very much on the border with Se/Ni vs Ne/Si.
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-21-2015 at 10:55 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

No desire, no buttocks on the right, nothing?

Yeah, I'd say you're LSI.
    Lol just from that how?

Well, it would explain why I value Ti>Te (Te fits perfectly as the ignoring function) but yet think of myself as a logical Ni dom, and why I relate to delta quadra and its types the least (excluding SLI) rather than alpha. It would also explain why I don't see ESEs/SEEs being my duals nor conflictors. (The few SEEs I've known seem as if they get creeped out by me, possibly supervision). I'm still skeptical however. I can't really say I am very confident with Se. I also seem get along rather well with the Ne doms I've known. On the flip side I've got along with Fe doms as well.

If I were LSI that we have to mean I would be Ne polr. I've never really thought of it as my polr, but I am rather fearful of unknown places and unknown people to the point where I just stick to being bored at home. I have also been really shit at things like creative art or writing stories out of thin air. Care to give examples of how Ne polr manifest in LSIs?
    Did you mean you are confident in Se just not very confident?

I'm not worried about unknown places myself, I don't think that's what Ne PoLR is about, you can handle that part with Se creative alright. For me Ne PoLR is more like I don't want/care to look at potential that's not really obviously able to be materialized.

This is how I view my functions:

Ti- Very strong, not excessively valued but more than Te
    Te- Kinda strong, not valued much at all
    Ni: Strong and valued
    Ne: unsure
    Si: sufficiently strong, moderate value
    Se: unsure
    Fi: Slightly weak, on the fence with value
    Fe: Very weak, also on the fence with value

Some I almost certain I value Ti over Te, which means I'd also have to value Fe over Fi even though I am not completely adverse to Fi. I am very much on the border with Se/Ni vs Ne/Si.
    Well you'll have to figure out the Ne/Se thing. How exactly do you get along with Ne base types? ILE and IEE alike? How are you sure you value Ni beyond them being strong? In initial post you said you value Ne/Si instead. Also Ti valuing? Explain these a bit more please. Currently the type with the least amount of contradictions would be LII for you but that typing requires use of some unverified assumptions too...

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am tying myself in a knot here so let me start fresh.

I think I am Ti valuing because I prefer it over Te. I usually care more about having a firm understanding of something then its usefulness. However at the same time I relate a lot to Ni as a base function but I can't have both Ti and Ni as my ego functions. I am very clearly a logical type so IEI isn't an option. What do think is more likely, confusing HA Ni as the base function or demonstrative Ni?

My creative function, well that is up for grabs. It is definitely not Fe because I am bad with Fe. Te is also unlikely, as I said before I don't really value Te and it fits better as the ignoring function. So that leaves us with Ne vs Se. I feel its important to keep an open mind about things and to not be rigid although I tend to dismiss a lot of opportunities more than I'd like too. I often feel very uncomfortable doing things I've never done before. Nothing makes me more self-conscious than being the inexperienced new guy. With Se I often feel the thirst for action although I usually do this in less tangible forms, such as playing online shooters or other online competitive games. I feel much less comfortable using Se in the real world.

I think I have got along with Ne doms rather well, although I've never actually lived with one. I can't be certain the IEEs I have in mind were actually IEE, but I am 100% certain my cousin is ILE-Ne. I haven't really seen him too many times and just visit him every now and then to play some games and watch movies. All I can say is the his behavior seems a bit strange to me but I just ignore it and have try to have a good time.
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-22-2015 at 08:09 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I am tying myself in a knot here so let me start fresh.

I think I am Ti valuing because I prefer it over Te. I usually care more about having a firm understanding of something then its usefulness. However at the same time I relate a lot to Ni as a base function but I can't have both Ti and Ni as my ego functions. I am very clearly a logical type so IEI isn't an option. What do think is more likely, confusing HA Ni as the base function or demonstrative Ni?

My creative function, well that is up for grabs. It is definitely not Fe because I am bad with Fe. Te is also unlikely, as I said before I don't really value Te and it fits better as the ignoring function. So that leaves us with Ne vs Se. I feel its important to keep an open mind about things and to not be rigid although I tend to dismiss a lot of opportunities more than I'd like too. I often feel very uncomfortable doing things I've never done before. Nothing makes me more self-conscious than being the inexperienced new guy. With Se I often feel the thirst for action although I usually do this in less tangible forms, such as playing online shooters or other online competitive games. I feel much less comfortable using Se in the real world however.

I think I have got along with Ne doms rather well, although I've never actually lived with one. I can't be certain the IEEs I have in mind were actually IEE, but I am 100% certain my cousin is ILE-Ne. I haven't really seen him too many times and just visit him every now and then to play some games and watch movies. All I can say is the his behavior seems a bit strange to me but I just ignore it and have try to have a good time.
    I don't think strictly sticking to online games qualifies as Se in ego. But I don't really want to link it to an IE or function position here. Your worry about lack of experience if you want to prepare for it by researching I would attribute to your enneagram 5. If you are so sure on ignoring Te then now focus on why you said you are Ne/Si valuing yet talk about Se and Ni use here? What seems weird about the ILE from your POV?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    What seems weird about the ILE from your POV?
    Outspokenness, attention seeking behavior, no self-awareness, shit living conditions.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Outspokenness, attention seeking behavior, no self-awareness, shit living conditions.
    And what about the Ne/Si valuing?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And what about the Ne/Si valuing?
    Generally I'm moderately appreciative when others provide Si and I also respect the originality and carefree nature of Ne doms.

I admire Si egos in how they are willing to improve the physical atmosphere and their skills with cooking and they like, but I find excessive focus on the surroundings somewhat annoying and discussing health topics is rather redundant to me. With Ne I admire how Ne egos can shake things up and make things more fun and interesting. Basically I like how they are able to break boredom.
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-22-2015 at 01:25 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Generally I'm moderately appreciative when others provide Si and I also respect the originality and carefree nature of Ne doms.

I admire Si egos in how they are willing to improve the physical atmosphere and their skills with cooking and they like, but I find excessive focus on the surroundings somewhat annoying and discussing health topics is rather redundant to me. With Ne I admire how Ne egos can shake things up and make things more fun and interesting. Basically I like how they are able to break boredom.
    Hm ok you'll have to understand the IEs deeper to pick between Ne/Si and Ni/Se valuing. Though LII fits with what you've said here

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its looking like I'm either a very timid and intellectual LSI or a bloodthirsty LII. Quadra wise I do relate alot with alpha and beta, followed by gamma and lastly delta. I do have an innate hate for bossy behavior, which might be Se polr. Back in my childhood I always got really angry when my parents forced me to do chores. At the seem time however I do seem somewhat drawn to certain elements of Se, not so much wealth and power in society but more along the lines of sowing chaos and destruction. The type I seem to be the most conflict prone with at least in real life is LSE, which would be strange if I were LII since mirage is supposed to be a rather positive relation. SLEs on the other hand seem to be hit or miss. Some can be entertaining to be around, while others make me want to stay far, far away.
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-22-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My experiences with the types:

ILE: Strange but fun to be around
    SEI: Pleasant company but numb my brain cells
    LII: Good conversationists but often too formal
    ESE: Warm and caring but tax my energy
    LSI: Easy to get along with but often believe in strange things
    EIE: Caring and helpful but a bit manipulative
    IEI: Pleasant but I wouldn't want to live with one
    SLE: Amusing to watch at a distance
    ILI: Don't know any personally
    SEE: Bizarre
    LIE: Knowledgeable and helpful but sometimes assholes
    ESI: Good company but too controlling sometimes
    EII: Ok but too squeamish for my taste
    LSE: Bossy and full of conflicts
    SLI: Cool and dull at the same time
    IEE: Fun but drain away all my energy

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Its looking like I'm either a very timid and intellectual LSI or a bloodthirsty LII. Quadra wise I do relate alot with alpha and beta, followed by gamma and lastly delta. I do have an innate hate for bossy behavior, which might be Se polr. Back in my childhood I always got really angry when my parents forced me to do chores. At the seem time however I do seem somewhat drawn to certain elements of Se, not so much wealth and power in society but more along the lines of sowing chaos and destruction. The type I seem to be the most conflict prone with at least in real life is LSE, which would be strange if I were LII since mirage is supposed to be a rather positive relation. SLEs on the other hand seem to be hit or miss. Some can be entertaining to be around, while others make me want to stay far, far away.
    Chaos in the Se way or the Ne way? Why/how do you conflict with LSE?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chaos in the Se way or the Ne way? Why/how do you conflict with LSE?
    Se, like explosions and stuff. This is more or less something deeply hidden in my psych however and I don't actually go around destroying people's property or anything like that, although I can't deny that I feel the urge to sometimes. I conflict with LSEs a lot because they often pull me into doing things I have no interest in doing. Even when I comply and do what they want me to do they still end up criticizing me for not doing it "the right way". They seem too care much about details that seem irrelevant to me. I am very work adverse while LSEs seem to thrive in it. The rough attitude many of them have really puts me off.

Edit: Yo myst, I think it would better if we just stick to the other thread. Sorry for the shit thread folks.
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-23-2015 at 11:33 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Se, like explosions and stuff. This is more or less something deeply hidden in my psych however and I don't actually go around destroying people's property or anything like that, although I can't deny that I feel the urge to sometimes. I conflict with LSEs a lot because they often pull me into doing things I have no interest in doing. Even when I comply and do what they want me to do they still end up criticizing me for not doing it "the right way". They seem too care much about details that seem irrelevant to me. I am very work adverse while LSEs seem to thrive in it. The rough attitude many of them have really puts me off.
    Hmm ok. Btw I did respond to you in your other type thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1098955

And I forgot to mention but in your video.. well I'm not big on VI but if a gun was held at my head, I'd say INTx > ISTx.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol just from that how?

Did you mean you are confident in Se just not very confident?

I'm not worried about unknown places myself, I don't think that's what Ne PoLR is about, you can handle that part with Se creative alright. For me Ne PoLR is more like I don't want/care to look at potential that's not really obviously able to be materialized.

Well you'll have to figure out the Ne/Se thing. How exactly do you get along with Ne base types? ILE and IEE alike? How are you sure you value Ni beyond them being strong? In initial post you said you value Ne/Si instead. Also Ti valuing? Explain these a bit more please. Currently the type with the least amount of contradictions would be LII for you but that typing requires use of some unverified assumptions too...
    Of course I did! Irrational preferences should be tested with visual tools. Paintings, objects, weird stick structures etc. Why? Because there is no why(at least no rational why hence irrational preferences) to them. You really should test their perception here instead of thoughts. And even if we simply must analyse(we really don't)...we should look for experiental vs conceptual answers / line of perception. And muddy doesn't strike me as very conceptual...ymmv ofc!

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Of course I did! Irrational preferences should be tested with visual tools. Paintings, objects, weird stick structures etc. Why? Because there is no why(at least no rational why hence irrational preferences) to them. You really should test their perception here instead of thoughts. And even if we simply must analyse(we really don't)...we should look for experiental vs conceptual answers / line of perception. And muddy doesn't strike me as very conceptual...ymmv ofc!
    And why LSI over SLI?

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And why LSI over SLI?
    Because he himself is confused about S vs N. Or at least he is more uncertain of it than he is of T vs F. And it's a common knowledge that a person can and will get confused about his middle two functions(because there is more clarity between Dom < - > Sugg than there is between Cr < - > HA). I switched to Jung, but whatever. I value truth, not necessarily going by the book. To be completely frank, rules, while necessary, ANNOY me to no avail! Come to think of it, why do I constantly need to explain why I did something(forgot the word lol)?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Because he himself is confused about S vs N. Or at least he is more uncertain of it than he is of T vs F. And it's a common knowledge that a person can and will get confused about his middle two functions(because there is more clarity between Dom < - > Sugg than there is between Cr < - > HA). I switched to Jung, but whatever. I value truth, not necessarily going by the book. To be completely frank, rules, while necessary, ANNOY me to no avail! Come to think of it, why do I constantly need to explain why I did something(forgot the word lol)?
    I see, well sure that's a heuristic that I've seen used before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast