Thread: Member Questionnaire (loonamic)

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (loonamic)

Member Questionnaire 1 (loonamic)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    They are two concepts quite different, but both of them could be interpreted in many different ways and are really subjective. For me beauty is a way to see things, people. It seems we are surrounded by beauty, but beauty is in the eye of who sees. Sometimes we can show love for this beauty. Love is a way to feel. Love is one of the concepts that I most love. But if you ask me to explain it, I really cannot do it. Love is always unconditional. Love is a complete openness to someone or something. Love is life. Love is love. :*
    What are your most important values?
    Mutual understanding.
    Openness, freedom [but not the freedom to avoid freedom (unless the freedom to avoid freedom to avoid freedom!)]
    Empathy. Sympathy. Honesty.
    Friendship. Fellowship. Peace, Harmony... and, of course, having a lot of fun!
    And don't forget to love.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm agnostic. Simply I don't know. This does not mean that the issue doesn't interest me. For example I look with curiosity at quantum mechanics and other "scientifics ways" to approach metaphysical questions. Ok, maybe it could sound a bit paradoxical, but things that are "beyond physics" are unknown simply because physics is not yet enough strong. I'm optimistic
    I hate religions, they are only a mean to subdue people. People does not need anymore religions to learn good values. People needs to feel free to love.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War is dreadful. And its reasons are always so trivial! War is poverty, destruction, people who dies. But, yes, sometimes it seems inevitable. If war is the only solution to save people from submission, then, make war. However, something to avoid as much as possible.
    Power should belong to the wise ones. But how to define who is quite wise to deserve power?
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Something of very abstract. I could spend hours speaking about the meaning of life with someone who shows a genuine interest to this topic! While I cannot stand much conversations about soap operas and tv-characters! I have interests in philosophy, cinema, music, poetry, modern art, geography, psychology. Why why? Ahah!
    I like philosophy because I'm an inquisitive person, I always interrogate myself on everything, and I'm very open to accept even unusual answers.
    Then, basically I love art, especially if conceptual! For this reason, maybe, I also like geography: mountains and lakes are all God's masterpieces! And of course, even skylines and cities are form of art!
    Psychology, because, I'm very interested to explore the inner world: emotions, feelings, dreams, altered states of consciousness.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Hmm... yes. I could be interested. Sometimes I'm really focused on my body, obsessed. I check everything: breathing, heartbeats... I have to be always in control of myself! That's why I have an approach of love/hate with drugs. In one hand, I love to explore; in the other I don't want lose myself!
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Hmm... hate it.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Hmm... I liked practically every books written by Herman Hesse (the contraposition between spirit and matter). James Clavell's "Shogun". Then, something of philosophical like Nietzsche or Kierkegaard. But, I must admit, I don't read many books: I find hard to stay sit down and quiet!
    Generally, I find so boring action films (all that noise and special effects without a meaning). I like horrors but it's hard find the ones made well. Thrillers are often better. But dramas are usually the ones that leave you a deep message, so I prefer them. I liked "American Beauty" (very deep meaning), "La Haine", "Alpha Dog", "25th Hour", "Gran Torino", "Bad Lieutenant" (Abel Ferrara original version) all the films directed by Tarantino, in particular "Pulp Fiction"... the only film I could see again and again!
    My favorite animated cartoon is "The Simpsons", a very smart and satirical humor.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Well... Sometimes I may cry watching a particular scene of a movie, or listening to a song that reflects my personal mood of the moment. Last time I cried was when my ex left me
    I smile with friends, when we joke, or if I see something of comic in general, even if I think something of comical!
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    In a beer house, of course!
    Seriously, when I am with good friends, when I am having fun with them, when I feel loved.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People sometimes may look at me as haughty or arrogant, this is because when I notice something incorrect I quickly point it out. But of course I am not presumptuous, I always think that I may be wrong! Then they see me as inattentive and messy, and that's true. I find difficult to be focused on things most of time, my mind takes me away! Some people thinks I get nervous too easily.

If there is something I don't like about myself is that is hard for me to "say no" to people and that maybe sometimes I can't express at all my feelings to the others. I am not much self-confident in social situations.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    They think I am intelligent, and of course, I am (ahah).
    Serious. Reliable. Gentle.

I think my best quality is my open-mindedness. You can speak with me showing your point of view whatever it is.
    I am always prone to helping others, and really comprehensive. It's not difficult to me understanding reasons that bring person to make certain actions.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Hmm... To increase my self-confidence, to organize better my ideas and to become more productive.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yeah, of course! The first example I can recall is when I matriculated myself at the university to study medicine. I soon understood that it was not the right path for me, but I did not want to leave university after two years spent trying to pass the entrance test. I was afraid to disappoint all the persons that believed in me. And myself. I spent too many years without doing anything in order to study medicine, I could study other that pleased me more, and at this time I was already graduated... My reaction? I fell in depression, continuing to go at the university but without attended exams until a nervous break-down with obsessive thoughts, yuppie (but this happened also for other personal reasons, of course)! After one year I am still in this vortex, without knowing what I want from my future - and above all - my present.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are open and outgoing. I hate hypocrisy and false morality. I cannot stand persons who don't think at a deep level. I love deep persons whereby lead deep conversations. I don't like who judges before he knows. I get along more easily with people who expresses themselves, their joy and their affection.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I am a romantic guy *__*
    And sex is the best thing to do at this world
    I would a partner just like me, "sexual" and "romantic".
    Someone who shows me love every single moment.
    Someone who can see beyond appearances, smart, but also sweet and in need of my kindness.
    A deep person who likes having fun with me and disposed to open her heart to me, 360°.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Good question.
    I think the most important value to teach to a child is that of Freedom. It would grow up taking its own decisions since the day of its birth! I think that is the best way to make it a strong person. Experience is the best way to learn something new! Yes, but always explaining well all the possible implications of its actions. Letting it be free, does not mean not to taking care of it! I would teach it to respect the others and to help them as much as possible. I would teach it to smile of life and having fun as much as possible, to don't care much about the judgement of the people.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    It happens frequently, so I know how to answer!
    Maybe, outward, I may not show a reaction. I even could acting to share that opinion, and then, slowly, trying to lead this friend to think there are other opinions. But it mostly depends on what kind of person I have in front of me and what is the strength of its affirmation.
    Inward, I must admit, I could feel very offended, even on a personal level.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Hmm not good. Society is too aggressive, too egotist, too little inclusive. Everybody wants to prevaricate, to impose its own rules and visions on the others (of course, not everybody, but in general this is the trend).
    Too many problems at this world! Wars, religions, lack of food, of water, poorness, ignorance. Etcetera.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't choose my friends, it's a casual process.
    There has to be, above all, characterial affinity. We don't have to think the same way on everything, but we have to have respect for our reciprocal visions. They have to be open and not aggressive.
    My behavior with them really depends from what kind of friend I am with at moment. I have many friends that are so much different each other! I have constantly to switch my behavior. Generally I am more spontaneous when I am with some good friends.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I am quite shy and reserved with people I don't know.
    Many times could happen I would like to interact with them, but I don't know how to start the conversation.

in my dreams...
    Ni ~ 459 ~ sx/sp
    486 Post(s)
    28 Thread(s)

I got high just reading your responses. Great job! Not sure of your type but it is a passionate one.

“All extremes of feeling are allied with madness.”

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

wow! :-)

LSI-Se sx/sp
    138 Post(s)
    23 Thread(s)