Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to Pretend to be IEI-INFp

I just read this article here on this site. Its one of those machine translations so it hard to read. I'll try to adjust it to make it easier, with my guesses of what is meant. Even the bad translation is funny, though. @Aylen, this seems SO YOU! What do you think?

The article explains how to net your guy/girl once you know what their type is. At the end of each, in case you won them and realize they are not for you, it tells you how to dump them - by acting in an exaggerated way just like their Conflictor. So, if you want to get rid of a LSE you are courting (or he/she is courting you), then all you have to do is act in an exaggerated way like an IEI. Here is how:

"So it turns out that this LSE is in fact not the hero of your romance novel-life, and you must let him go free! To do it easily and without much injury, it will help you to wear the mask of IEI. Twitter and flicker, tweet and change your mood at every turn - this is the action that will ensure the success of the plan!

"It is also good to entertain one idea after another. Dramatically change direction - go in one direction, and then change your mind and go in the opposite direction. Indulge in groundless fantasy! The more violent and bizarre your imagination, the better!

"Say, for example, as follows: "Yesterday, I told fortunes (on the cards, tea leaves, and so on). And now I am afraid that we have no future! It is my karma, which I earned in past lives. It seems that I will have to pay in this love for you. Only in this way will I win redemption! We have to part, since you have not touched my karmic debt.

"Get out the cosmic maps (horoscope, I Ching, runes, palmistry and so on). Say, it says in the next two years you have to leave everything and go alone to save the starving children in Nigeria. Well, but tomorrow if the same cards come it means you have to join Greenpeace and go clean the oil from the coast of Portugal.

"Do not doubt that the prospect to join his life with such a frivolous creature, ready to distribute free of charge to the right and left all her energy and enthusiasm, seems to the LSE to be a nightmare! And turning on his heel, he will stride out of your life."

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just be yourself ffs

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I just read this article here on this site. Its one of those machine translations so it hard to read. I'll try to adjust it to make it easier, with my guesses of what is meant. Even the bad translation is funny, though. @Aylen, this seems SO YOU! What do you think?

The article explains how to net your guy/girl once you know what their type is. At the end of each, in case you won them and realize they are not for you, it tells you how to dump them - by acting in an exaggerated way just like their Conflictor. So, if you want to get rid of a LSE you are courting (or he/she is courting you), then all you have to do is act in an exaggerated way like an IEI. Here is how:

"So it turns out that this LSE is in fact not the hero of your romance novel-life, and you must let him go free! To do it easily and without much injury, it will help you to wear the mask of IEI. Twitter and flicker, tweet and change your mood at every turn - this is the action that will ensure the success of the plan!

"It is also good to entertain one idea after another. Dramatically change direction - go in one direction, and then change your mind and go in the opposite direction. Indulge in groundless fantasy! The more violent and bizarre your imagination, the better!

"Say, for example, as follows: "Yesterday, I told fortunes (on the cards, tea leaves, and so on). And now I am afraid that we have no future! It is my karma, which I earned in past lives. It seems that I will have to pay in this love for you. Only in this way will I win redemption! We have to part, since you have not touched my karmic debt.

"Get out the cosmic maps (horoscope, I Ching, runes, palmistry and so on). Say, it says in the next two years you have to leave everything and go alone to save the starving children in Nigeria. Well, but tomorrow if the same cards come it means you have to join Greenpeace and go clean the oil from the coast of Portugal.

"Do not doubt that the prospect to join his life with such a frivolous creature, ready to distribute free of charge to the right and left all her energy and enthusiasm, seems to the LSE to be a nightmare! And turning on his heel, he will stride out of your life."

That was pretty funny. It looks way more chaotic and a bit nutty when all condensed into a few paragraphs. I would call this an extreme caricature of my normal self. hahahah I have paced myself and spaced this kind of stuff out over my lifetime so far. I would not be able to stand being with myself if I was like this all the time. I do go through phases but If I told my friends I was going to join Greenpeace, of go to Nigeria, they would think I had gone mad since I don't even like leaving the house. I would go talk to and buy some food for local homeless people (at 7-11) that I have become friendly with though. That was fun.

Edit: Maybe I could tell the LSE I gave all his suits to some homeless men because the spirits told me they needed them more than he did.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

That was pretty funny. It looks way more chaotic and a bit nutty when all condensed into a few paragraphs. I would call this an extreme caricature of my normal self. hahahah I have paced myself and spaced this kind of stuff out over my lifetime so far. I would not be able to stand being with myself if I was like this all the time. I do go through phases but If I told my friends I was going to join Greenpeace, of go to Nigeria, they would think I had gone mad since I don't even like leaving the house. I would go talk to and buy some food for local homeless people (at 7-11) that I have become friendly with though. That was fun.

Edit: Maybe I could tell the LSE I gave all his suits to some homeless men because the spirits told me they needed them more than he did.
    LOL, yeah.

And I just wanted to be sure I emphasize that ALL types have an "exaggerated cartoon version". I did not totally relate to mine in that article - only remotely. If I gave it some thought I could probably do a better job depicting an exaggerated version of IEE flakiness, loquacious personal stories, firm convictions, exaggerated sympathies, or something, which would make a LSI run. I just love the even-playing-field idea of Socionics, that our best selves are annoying to an equal amount of people, for all of us.... [Though, certainly some types have it harder when social or work situations are well-populated with types that are quite unappreciative of their type!]

Also, Socionics relationships types also supports an idea I came up with long ago that "some people are just born into the wrong families". By that I referred to people who suffer in their own families just by being themselves - like, a high school friend's youngest brother, who was some sort of INxP, a member of a family where social prominence and visible accomplishments were valued, and whose two older sibs naturally excelled at this. He would have been a "star" (vs,. the butt of constant complaint and exasperated sighs) in a family that valued his natural gifts....
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

cry and then laugh. the more this per hour the more INFP you'll be looked alike

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha I actually do this kind of thing when I want to freak someone out or see their reaction - tell them I can read palms and practice magic and things like that. What helps is that I do have a good amount of book knowledge from reading about witchcraft, the occult, etc and it comes off as quite believable lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    cry and then laugh. the more this per hour the more INFP you'll be looked alike
    how about just read other people's moods
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

tweet and change your mood?

I don't think I can do that. I wear my feelings on my sleeves and furthermore I'm so transparent. When I'm happy I'm happy when sad there's no mistaking. I am not good at emotional acting.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post

To be a bit honest, that article kinda pissed me off. I mean, acting like an exaggerated version of someone's conflictor when you're not actually that just rubs me as a total dick move. If you want to end a relationshit, walk up to them, slap them in the face and tell them you're done. Playing a psychological mind game like that could very well backfire in the worst way. You may well trigger a psychotic response in the target of your former affections, nobody wants to get evicted from their meat suit because of a romantic relationshit but it happens, a lot. Like, all the time, seriously we got countless works of fiction where the "lover" went insane and killed someone. Especially in love triangles, dear lord you do not want to attempt to pull that shit behind their back, someone's gonna die for real. You really wanna try that?

So really, while I see why you might want to do that I wouldn't recommend it. Modern world has made damn near everyone crazy, and the advice in the article could very well land you in the morgue because of that.