Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: What's my type? Still not certain

  1. #1
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type? Still not certain

    Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is subjective and not static. It really depends on whether the individual identifies with popular opinion or if they have their own definitive characteristics for what they consider 'beautiful.' For me personally, I can't pinpoint an exact standard for what I think is beautiful. What I find beautiful is contextual..

    Love is seeking/wanting to provide the best for someone else over your own interests and for that same attitude to be reciprocated.

    2. What are your most important values?
    I struggle to answer this but I will say loyalty and trust.

    4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I think they are necessary protective measures from outside threats that could harm a society. But it should be primarily in service to the people and country rather than a means to control said people and country. Power is equal to potency whether social, political or economical. A force that can influence whichever way it wills. My opinion on power is that it is needed for mobilisation.

    Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Philosophy, politics, economics, theology, business, science, books, tv shows and the character dynamics, how people function and the logic behind their choices. They interest me because I like to decipher systems whether theoretical or people oriented. How things fit together to explain the way circumstance have manifested up until this point and what could possibly develop as a result, are what I like to consider and discuss with others.


    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Medicinal discoveries and ways to better my health interest me. How the body functions is also interesting. I don't pay much attention to my body. I would say I'm not in tune with it..

    7. What do you think of daily chores?
    They bore me, but are necessary to do. I'll admit to putting it off for as long as I'm able to. I'm thorough and efficient when I carry them out.

    8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I tend to like psychological thrillers or unpredictable books/movies that catch you off guard like 'wtf?' The latter venture into very taboo territory. I find the shock factor humorous due to the absurdity. I can't think of many examples as of now, but Gone Girl probably serves as a sufficient reference.

    9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I may cry because I feel like I had not reached a certain goal/vision I had in mind. So I think failure is often a culprit when this happens. Seeing young children suffer gets me in the feels because I can't stand shitty parents. It's unforgivable IMO.

    My loved ones make me smile with good banter and laughter. Comedies, too.


    10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Amongst my family, anywhere really. So long as the atmosphere is light and there's laughter.

    Evaluation & Behaviour
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I think people would say I'm bad with deep relationships/friendships if they are not within my circle (which consists of family mostly, people I have known forever). If there is no common goal such as seeing them at work, Uni etc. then I don't really do well with relationship consistency. Or I don't see a need to initiate contact if the 'friendship' hasn't been established outside of the routine that maintained its existence. They'd also say I have a temper, I can be stubborn, narcissistic and competitive.

    I don't like that I have a million ideas of what I could do, and rarely make the effort to see them to fruition.

    12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People have said that I'm independent, confident, ballsy, intellectual and funny/witty.

    I like that I'm clever.

    13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Understanding what people need, staying focused

    14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I feel stuck in a rut when I can't possibly see a way out of an unwanted circumstance. My reaction is usually annoyance and then I get inspired by the set back. I have the attitude 'watch me kill this bitch' and power through.


    People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I dislike people who feel compelled to tell me I ought to be feeling this way about that, and that way about this when I am obviously indifferent. People who seemed annoyed by my emotional apathy and see the need to regulate it.

    I dislike it when people whine and wallow in self pity without seeking a solution. It's fine to do the former, so long as the latter is being sought out.

    I like people who are laid back, up to discuss anything. People who like to laugh but aren't necessarily obnoxious.


    16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I am highly sexual but romance doesn't interest me unless it's unique in some way, not something cliche and doesn't happen too often. I don't really care much for it, though and I'm not particularly sentimental unless it's acknowledging some holiday or anniversary. I would like a partner who is fun to be around, who doesn't take life too seriously.

    17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My main concern is that they grow up to be independent and equipped with the knowledge/ability to take care of themselves. I think if children grow up with the mentality of being responsible, I would worry less about them being reckless. Treating others kindly and fairly is also important because Id like them to be decent people. To ensure they acquire these attributes, I would encourage independence by dressing/feeding/cleaning up after themselves as soon as they were able to. Id discipline fairly when they are able to comprehend fully what it means and why. Id also try to exemplify affection as best I could.

    18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    My inward reaction would probably be 'lol no,' if I was completely certain of said belief. My outward reaction is not much different and I would push them to think more clearly by highlighting the discrepancies in their claim.


    19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Humanity as a whole is fickle, I think, and not very consistent in agreement of overarching standards that measure right or wrong. If I had to think of a social problem that irks me, it would be political correctness.

    20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't necessarily choose my friends. My friendships happen spontaneously. I'm usually the comedic relief with deadpan sarcastic quips.

    21. How do you behave around strangers?
    It depends. I can be affable if I think my not very politically correct nature is accepted. Otherwise I will be uncharacteristically quiet.
    Last edited by Shuriken; 08-16-2015 at 02:25 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    make video
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You have so many interests.

  4. #4
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fi PoLR? maybe SLE or ILE

  5. #5
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought the responses were Se valuing and maybe Fi polr.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  6. #6
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,522
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You asked for opinions, so here is another.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is subjective and not static. It really depends on whether the individual identifies with popular opinion or if they have their own definitive characteristics for what they consider 'beautiful.' For me personally, I can't pinpoint an exact standard for what I think is beautiful. What I find beautiful is contextual..
    Fe, not Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    Love is seeking/wanting to provide the best for someone else over your own interests and for that same attitude to be reciprocated.
    Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    2. What are your most important values?
    I struggle to answer this but I will say loyalty and trust.
    Hmmmmm. More Victim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I think they are necessary protective measures from outside threats that could harm a society. But it should be primarily in service to the people and country rather than a means to control said people and country. Power is equal to potency whether social, political or economical. A force that can influence whichever way it wills. My opinion on power is that it is needed for mobilisation.
    Diplomat, not self-motivated to initiate action personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Philosophy, politics, economics, theology, business, science, books, tv shows and the character dynamics, how people function and the logic behind their choices. They interest me because I like to decipher systems whether theoretical or people oriented. How things fit together to explain the way circumstance have manifested up until this point and what could possibly develop as a result, are what I like to consider and discuss with others.
    Ti, not Te

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Medicinal discoveries and ways to better my health interest me. How the body functions is also interesting. I don't pay much attention to my body. I would say I'm not in tune with it..
    Se, not Si

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    7. What do you think of daily chores?
    They bore me, but are necessary to do. I'll admit to putting it off for as long as I'm able to. I'm thorough and efficient when I carry them out.
    Places low value on Se.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I tend to like psychological thrillers or unpredictable books/movies that catch you off guard like 'wtf?' The latter venture into very taboo territory. I find the shock factor humorous due to the absurdity. I can't think of many examples as of now, but Gone Girl probably serves as a sufficient reference.
    Values Ni

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I may cry because I feel like I had not reached a certain goal/vision I had in mind. So I think failure is often a culprit when this happens. Seeing young children suffer gets me in the feels because I can't stand shitty parents. It's unforgivable IMO.

    My loved ones make me smile with good banter and laughter. Comedies, too.
    More Fe, less Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Amongst my family, anywhere really. So long as the atmosphere is light and there's laughter.
    Fe

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    Evaluation & Behaviour
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I think people would say I'm bad with deep relationships/friendships if they are not within my circle (which consists of family mostly, people I have known forever). If there is no common goal such as seeing them at work, Uni etc. then I don't really do well with relationship consistency. Or I don't see a need to initiate contact if the 'friendship' hasn't been established outside of the routine that maintained its existence. They'd also say I have a temper, I can be stubborn, narcissistic and competitive.
    No Fi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    I don't like that I have a million ideas of what I could do, and rarely make the effort to see them to fruition.
    Strong Ni, weak Se.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People have said that I'm independent, confident, ballsy, intellectual and funny/witty.

    I like that I'm clever.

    13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Understanding what people need, staying focused
    Wants to understand. Ti HA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I feel stuck in a rut when I can't possibly see a way out of an unwanted circumstance. My reaction is usually annoyance and then I get inspired by the set back. I have the attitude 'watch me kill this bitch' and power through.
    Very low Te.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I dislike people who feel compelled to tell me I ought to be feeling this way about that, and that way about this when I am obviously indifferent. People who seemed annoyed by my emotional apathy and see the need to regulate it.

    I dislike it when people whine and wallow in self pity without seeking a solution. It's fine to do the former, so long as the latter is being sought out.

    I like people who are laid back, up to discuss anything. People who like to laugh but aren't necessarily obnoxious.


    16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I am highly sexual but romance doesn't interest me unless it's unique in some way, not something cliche and doesn't happen too often. I don't really care much for it, though and I'm not particularly sentimental unless it's acknowledging some holiday or anniversary. I would like a partner who is fun to be around, who doesn't take life too seriously.
    I've seen this room and I've walked this floor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My main concern is that they grow up to be independent and equipped with the knowledge/ability to take care of themselves. I think if children grow up with the mentality of being responsible, I would worry less about them being reckless. Treating others kindly and fairly is also important because Id like them to be decent people. To ensure they acquire these attributes, I would encourage independence by dressing/feeding/cleaning up after themselves as soon as they were able to. Id discipline fairly when they are able to comprehend fully what it means and why. Id also try to exemplify affection as best I could.

    18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    My inward reaction would probably be 'lol no,' if I was completely certain of said belief. My outward reaction is not much different and I would push them to think more clearly by highlighting the discrepancies in their claim.


    19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Humanity as a whole is fickle, I think, and not very consistent in agreement of overarching standards that measure right or wrong. If I had to think of a social problem that irks me, it would be political correctness.
    Ni, would make a good parent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't necessarily choose my friends. My friendships happen spontaneously. I'm usually the comedic relief with deadpan sarcastic quips.
    Fe, not Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    21. How do you behave around strangers?
    It depends. I can be affable if I think my not very politically correct nature is accepted. Otherwise I will be uncharacteristically quiet.
    Introverted.


    Another IEI.
    Welcome, Shuriken.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-13-2015 at 12:50 AM.

  7. #7
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type? Still not certain

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I thought the responses were Se valuing and maybe Fi polr.
    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    Fi PoLR? maybe SLE or ILE
    Will look further into that. What lead you both to conclude that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post


    Another IEI.
    Hm I doubt Im an IEI. I definitely don't have a 'victim' erotic attitude. If anything I identify the most with being an 'aggressor.'
    Last edited by Shuriken; 08-13-2015 at 01:42 AM.

  8. #8
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm an enneagram 3 if that's an indication of anything

  9. #9
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    Will look further into that. What lead you both to conclude that?
    For me it was mostly your vibe. Your answers (very similar to an SLE I know) and avatar had a strange calming effect on me. Sorry I can't be more concrete at the moment. I am in a very introverted state lately.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  10. #10
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,522
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    Hm I doubt Im an IEI. I definitely don't have a 'victim' erotic attitude. If anything I identify the most with being an 'aggressor.'
    You might not be an IEI. I'm not very good at typing people, to be perfectly frank. That's why I prefaced my remarks with the statement that they are simply my opinion.

    With respect to your identifying most with being the "Aggressor", I'm definitely an LIE, and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who knows me, or who has been intimately involved with me, who would say that I'm not aggressive. I was in total disagreement with my being called a "victim" in the Erotic Attitudes article. Nevertheless, the description has enough elements of truth, and predicts a good deal of my behavior (at least some of the time), so that I now agree with the description, while still disliking the label.
    So-called "Victims" are, I think, looking for people who will be loyal to them, and you stated that loyalty was very important to you. I don't think most Aggressors care that much about loyalty (especially their own), because there's always another Victim available, and it's actually all about them finding someone who will love them (and the more they find, the better), rather than them finding that one person whom they will love. But again, that's just my opinion.

    Most IEI's are e4's, but e3's and e2's are also motivated by the same thing, just as e8's, e9's, and e1's are all anger-driven.

    Also, your avatar looks IEI to me. Very unconventional look, very unique and arty, dark around the eyes to resemble a skull (strong Ni, weak Se), face half hidden so as not to be the one who is stand-up assertive, thin like most IEI's, not trying to be conventionally pretty but still being attractive, etc. Most of my arguments for your type were in my post, though.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-13-2015 at 02:26 AM.

  11. #11
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    So-called "Victims" are, I think, looking for people who will be loyal to them, and you stated that loyalty was very important to you. I don't think most Aggressors care that much about loyalty (especially their own), because there's always another Victim available, and it's actually all about them finding someone who will love them, rather than them finding that one person whom they will love. But again, that's just my opinion.
    Huh? The ones I know often demand loyalty in one way or another. "Victims" do not like to think of themselves as interchangeable or disposable. I thought they wanted to be the "prize" that was won after a great struggle or whatever. I don't know. The aggressors I know and have known do want loyalty.

    It sounds like you are mixing up some of that dominant alpha pua stuff with aggressors. Ask one of the few SLE women here what they feel about loyalty.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  12. #12
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type? Still not certain

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You might not be an IEI. I'm not very good at typing people, to be perfectly frank. That's why I prefaced my remarks with the statement that they are simply my opinion.

    With respect to your identifying most with being the "Aggressor", I'm definitely an LIE, and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who knows me, or who has been intimately involved with me, who would say that I'm not aggressive. I was in total disagreement with my being called a "victim" in the Erotic Attitudes article. Nevertheless, the description has enough elements of truth, and predicts a good deal of my behavior (at least some of the time), so that I now agree with the description, while still disliking the label.
    So-called "Victims" are, I think, looking for people who will be loyal to them, and you stated that loyalty was very important to you. I don't think most Aggressors care that much about loyalty (especially their own), because there's always another Victim available, and it's actually all about them finding someone who will love them, rather than them finding that one person whom they will love. But again, that's just my opinion.
    Interesting. I was hard pressed thinking of 'values' so I just threw in what I considered general morals that anyone would consider (or so I thought lol). There wasn't much thought into that answer. I do value loyalty and devotion though. In relationships Im insecure about relational distances and I need to be reassured, though Id never admit that to outsiders. I'm unsure of how people feel about me unless actually stated. Yet professions of affection make me feel uncomfortable too because I don't really believe it. I relate to being an aggressor because when I have Romantic feelings toward someone, I think it most practical to tell them so as to know whether the feeling is reciprocated (edit: upon further thought, I don't care if it's reciprocated. I just want them to Know). There has never been a time I haven't been the pursuer. I like the chase. Being pursued doesn't interest me, it's actually a turn off.

    I might not be an aggressor but nothing about victim rings true.
    Last edited by Shuriken; 08-13-2015 at 02:37 AM.

  13. #13
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,522
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    Interesting. I was hard pressed thinking of 'values' so I just threw in what I considered general morals that anyone would consider (or so I thought lol). There wasn't much thought into that answer. I do value loyalty and devotion though. In relationships Im insecure about relational distances and I need to be reassured, though Id never admit that to outsiders. I'm unsure of how people feel about me unless actually stated. Yet professions of affection make me feel uncomfortable too because I don't really believe it. I relate to being an aggressor because when I have Romaric feelings toward someone, I think it most practical to tell them/initiate contact so as to know whether the feeling is reciprocated. There has never been a time I haven't been the pursuer. I like the chase. Being pursued doesn't interest me, it's actually a turn off.

    I might not be an aggressor but nothing about victim rings true.
    I feel exactly the same way. And yet I am LIE.

  14. #14
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type? Still not certain

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. And yet I am LIE.
    Hm had a reread and was wrong about 'nothing rings true.' Of all the points indicative of victim erotic attitude, there was one I identified with:

    inclined to question whether or not the other person's interest will remain constant with time

  15. #15
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,522
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can be a "Victim" and still kick someone's ass.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-13-2015 at 03:07 AM.

  16. #16
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,522
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Huh? The ones I know often demand loyalty in one way or another. "Victims" do not like to think of themselves as interchangeable or disposable. I thought they wanted to be the "prize" that was won after a great struggle or whatever. I don't know. The aggressors I know and have known do want loyalty.
    Do aggressors want loyalty, or do they want to be loved, and it is important to them that you stick around to do that? If someone truly loves someone else, they want what is best for that person, and is willing to let them go if that will make them better. Think of how truly loving parents treat their children.
    I think, if you told an aggressor that you loved them, they would be very, very pleased, and would immediately go out and try to get more people to love them, because now their self-esteem just got a boost, and being loved is what they care about. That has just been my experience with some of the guys I've hung with, and your mileage probably varies. Incidentally, I think the whole PUA thing is really screwed up. I've never approached anyone that way, because I'm not looking to be loved, I'm looking for someone worthwhile to love. That's a better Victim definition, in my opinion, but I could see how that might appear to someone who is writing those articles out of thin air and who is trying to make sense out of observed behavior, that I'm acting like I'm the "prize" that is only given to someone worthwhile. But that ain't the way it is. I'm not a prize to be won (that's laughable), I'm a force for good. I try to make the lives of the people I come into contact with better, but I'm selfish enough to want to (usually, but not always) contribute time and effort to people who can contribute back equally. Maybe that means someone who is "worthy", although LIE's can be pretty altruistic sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    It sounds like you are mixing up some of that dominant alpha pua stuff with aggressors. Ask one of the few SLE women here what they feel about loyalty.
    Well, good idea. I will. Niffer, are you listening? What do you think?

  17. #17
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You can be a "Victim" and still kick someone's ass.
    Does gender influence romantic styles? If so, how would a female 'victim' or 'infantile' behave?

  18. #18
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,522
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    Does gender influence romantic styles? If so, how would a female 'victim' or 'infantile' behave?
    Well, you can read the stuff written in the Erotic Attitudes article to see what they say about victim and infantile behavior. I know a male IEI, and he is definitely a Victim as described. He told me he is looking for a tough, older woman to support him (?!?), which is an attitude that I find alien. I'm not sure gender really influences things as much as the particular type does, and perhaps Instincts have an influence, but really, I haven't done enough informed testing to be sure.

    I've read that the LIE-ESI duality consists of them frequently exchanging the Victim-Aggressor roles, and I could see that being true, although my experience here is also very limited. On the other hand, the SLE-IEI duality is supposed to be much more stable with respect to roles.

    Personally, I think that much of the detailed, real-world behavior of Duals is glossed over in favor of having a general theory that supposedly ties everything up into a neat ball. This is a Ti thing which I see in the work of the LII's I work with. (How much these guys value theory over evidence is seen in the following story. Einstein created the theory of General Relativity straight out of his head. When the results of Eddington's expedition to measure the bending of starlight came back in favor of his theory, Einstein was asked what he would have thought if the experimental results had disproved his theory. He replied that God would have missed a great opportunity to build a Universe according to a great theory.) I think that individual erotic behavior tends toward that described by the Erotic Attitudes theory, but is not 100% determined by it.

    This kind of leads into the question of, What is the real basis of Socionics?, but that is not something I want to get into right now.

  19. #19
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type? Still not certain

    I see. Id reply in depth but distracted right now with a whiny sick baby and a toddler who decided drowning her teddy bear in the toilet was a good idea.
    Last edited by Shuriken; 08-13-2015 at 05:40 AM.

  20. #20
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've attached some pics for VI. Maybe it'll give an idea. Tough finding pics I'm not pulling stupid faces.

  21. #21
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Out of curiosity, have you looked into Se-creative / ESI and LSI? I had an impression of ESI from our photos, fwiw, and Se-cre from your description. That would be introverted aggressor, which may be more up your alley than straight-up Victim.

    Suggested reading: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1073540

    whole exchange from onwards: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1073636

    In general the last two pages of that thread are good.
    Reason is a whore.

  22. #22
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type? Still not certain

    I had a read through the links provided and it confirmed not a 'Victim.' I compared Gamma vs Beta and I am far more Beta than the other.

    I'm tossing up between LSI or SLE . I don't think I'm as structured as an LSI.

    I had a look through Fi PolR for SLE and it was a punch in the gut with accuracy:

    'SLEs are under the impression that they might gain respect or admiration from others, but can never be truly loved by anyone. Sometimes, SLEs can become paranoid about their relationships with others; they often mistrust declarations of affection, and so can appear insecure.'
    Last edited by Shuriken; 08-15-2015 at 11:22 PM.

  23. #23
    Dudette88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLE Ti subtype and obvious Beta Probably sx/sp based on dp

    Lmao @ IEI

  24. #24
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    i also like SLE-Ti (or other Ti ego) as a typing, given the information so far.

    @Shuriken, just out of curiosity, what do you type as in MBTI and enneagram?

  25. #25
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,522
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I stand corrected. Your pictures only have a trace of what I think of as IEI features. They are there faintly, but the overall impression I get is not that of an IEI. But the functions that you value still stand. So, an inverted IEI, or SLE seems very likely, I agree.

  26. #26
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type? Still not certain

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    Shuriken, just out of curiosity, what do you type as in MBTI and enneagram?
    Self assessed as ENTP but was professionally typed MBTI INTP. Usually test as a type 8w9 on enneagram but further research makes me think type 3 (up for review).

    Cheers everyone for the help, much appreciated.
    Last edited by Shuriken; 08-14-2015 at 01:52 PM.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    I had a read through the links provided and it confirmed not a 'Victim.' I compared Gamma vs Beta and I am far more Beta than the other.
    What about Beta vs Alpha?


    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    Self assessed as ENTP but was professionally typed MBTI INTP. Usually test as a type 8w9 on enneagram but further research makes me think type 3 (up for review).


    Cheers everyone for the help, much appreciated.

    ILE-Ti? Definitely EP & I can see Ti/Fe valuing.

  28. #28
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    who were you professionally typed by? curious
    salmon

  29. #29
    Shuriken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type? Still not certain

    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    What about Beta vs Alpha?





    ILE-Ti? Definitely EP & I can see Ti/Fe valuing.
    Someone suggested that on another forum. Can't say I don't identify with the Alpha quadra so need to self reflect abit more. Definitely not Delta or Gamma.

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    who were you professionally typed by? curious
    An MBTI practitioner during a careers convention. Lady's name escapes me.
    Last edited by Shuriken; 08-15-2015 at 11:19 PM.

  30. #30
    tejing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    TIM
    LII-H
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My impression from what you wrote was ILE, and though my VI is not that great, I think it fits there too. (it also fits with a INTP or ENTP mbti)
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken View Post
    I've attached some pics for VI. Maybe it'll give an idea.
    video is needed. photos give much less info
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •