Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Maybe?

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jesus the father, Norris the son, and Eagle the Holy Spirit.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As as American, I can't stand American propaganda and war mongers, but I love the land and my neighbors here; many good people. There are good people everywhere though. I love nothing more than good hearted, earthy, everyday people. We have many of those in the economically deprived region I live in.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

America is definitely corny and cheesey.

Despite that, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. After spending even a week in another country I become home sick.

I kind of get the stereotype though. You can usually pick out Americans when you're in another country because they are loud and have a different kind of openness about them. Almost in an ignorance is bliss kind of way. It's hard to describe.
    Last edited by fox; 08-09-2015 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

USA are controversy. Politically and ideologically it have finished as something more positive in 1960s-70s with damn "sexual" revolution, hippies and similar bs. From that point there have begun new social stratification rise and regressions of peoples individuality. They've betrayed own ideals of democracy and kind of humanism, making more and more totalitarian regressive community with hard censorship, tortures, lawlessness, without truth. This shame people of USA seems don't notice. With USA as a classical state could to be a dialog for the common world progress. While now USA are mutating to something totally weird, help to establish world fascistic dictatorship and genocide, ruin everything to keep their preferences, destroy civilized life of many nations and support (by facts) fascistic terrorists like ISIL. Similarily as they created Hithler in past to weaken Europe and USSR, but now with incomparably more destructive aims (USA made many weird things in past wich can't be forgiven). USA have become a more negative, then positive thing for humanity, a criminal state. It have become a kind of world cancer. And a part of those who establishes world power of fascistic psychopaths wich lead humanity to hell and death by their antihumanistic philosophy. People of USA also will suffer in these negative world processes, they already have problems wich uninterruptedly expand. The ones who approaches the world power don't care about most people, they want prosperity not for nations but for a very small group (10% of population max), while others are planned to become oppressed slaves and archaic savages. If they will success, the progress of humanity will be stopped and turned back.
    Maybe times of Bible apocalypse are nearing in 1-2 centuries, where USA is on the dark side as supports fascistic moral freaks everywhere, brings destruction and regress (material, intellectual, moral) in any place where can.

No one wants bad to people of USA themselves (they are same as everywhere). The problem is how USA works as a machine ruled by moral degenerates and some fools.
    Last edited by Sol; 08-09-2015 at 08:29 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    &*self
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

America is downright fucked.
    salmon

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Ya'll just hate us cause you ain't us.

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^lmao

mb the combo adding to the effect is the vastness of the US and the fact that migration there has been controlled since its creation

i believe that the US can seem creepy because it is us when we look at ourselves through a multiplying mirror n get some kind of.........trypophobia............
    unholy water sanguine addiction

Creepy-bg

would you let america watch your kids?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When is shit not creepy?

If you aint getting weird, you aint getting nowhere
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

TIM
    &*self
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    would you let america watch your kids?
    I think your avatar perfectly sums up why I would not.
    salmon

Creepy-bg

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

america worships sadism and Breaking the Cutie a little too much. Shows with darker themes are often higher rated then shows with light. This has some truth, most sitcoms are in fact yukky.

But there are bad dark shows and there are good light shows. People forget that.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even explain how odd it is to return to your home country after being away from it for months. It's super easy to get comfortable and used to the American-ness, but when you return after being in a completely different culture, it is a mind-fuck. Little things I never noticed became glaringly obvious to me...like all the flags and how sort of odd the patriotism was. The accents. The fat people. The sheer size and wide open spaces, the cheapness and gluttony...I mean when you go to a place like Germany and see nothing but German flags everywhere, you feel a little uncomfortable. It's probably like that with foreigners when they come to the states only it's a million times worse.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post

sometimes
    That image is rather disturbingly correct. Fatass girl, little boy, basically being her slave... yep, just another day in the western world. I could infer more, but then my rampant misanthropy will show and offend pretty much everyone who isn't of like mind.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm American, so what would I know?

<hacked by Braddyboo the American truck driver on a Junsuke tshirt day>
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot to love about the USA. But overall, it's creepy as hell. I am referring to the stereorypical American culture and population mentality + behavior, not as in *all* individuals. Keywords: shallow, ADHD, politically correct, no sense of discrimination, cheesy, overproduction, overconsumption, self-centric lack of understanding in the rest of the world. Two things annoy me as hell: Hollywood and science turned business or politics. I also hate the acronym abuse with a passion. Is this enough? xD

Talking of entertainment: I feel that the incidence of good movies or music is not different than the rest of the world. The impression of junk is probably due to the prolific market there: any dumbass is motivated to release something because it will sell.

Now a few things to love: open, honest and straightforward. Tolerant, embracing. Not pedantic, focused on purpose. They don't hold grudges. Marlboro and Coke!
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been plotting an escape elsewhere since I moved back from Europe. My family is here which stinks to be so far away from, but honestly, there's a lot to not like here. Maybe Canada would be a decent compromise. The Canadians have convinced me that I would like to be there (I've only briefly visited years ago).

There's decent places and people in the US, no doubt. .. But that can be said of most places too.

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There a lot to like about America, the people are kind of unpretentious and open. Europeans I find are more aristocratic.

I find the Germans and Japanese a lot creepier than Americans.

America does have shit food but that's changing and I would say pretty fast. The stain of religion sort of taints America too with a lot of fundamentalism and religious exploitation but there's kind of a diversity here that's interesting and people tend to be tolerant even if they hate your guts. There's at least more discussion and debate around religion and race vs Europe, in a lot of ways Europe I find sticks it's head in the sand as the countries are more homogeneous.

The prison industries in the US needs to unwind, it's probably the creepiest thing with domestic America. Military adventurism is the most creepy foreign policy.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

America is tacky and corny as hell, but I'd honestly live nowhere else after visiting other countries. Life is just so comfortable here.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    The prison industries in the US needs to unwind, it's probably the creepiest thing with domestic America.
    Good you mentioned this one. The American justice system seems rather retributive. I am not that into it; does it invove strong rehabilitational elements, too? (I guess it depends on each state)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post

The funny thing about this pic is that it's obviously not even in America... it's some asian country. The fail would be correct.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

the main problem with the US is lack of freedom. they are a very controlled society, and yet they think they're free.

freedom in slavery.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a difficult question, because "creepy" is not easily defined. In some aspects, I'd say America is creepy, but most of the time it isn't. As some have mentioned, the religious fervor of some communities seems really weird to me. We have religious people too, but they're all much more relaxed about it (and usually accept scientific theories like evolution, ect.). Besides that, there is currently (and historically) a lot of pseudo-scientific bullshit like homeopathy discussed in Germany which probably makes the situation here worse than in the US.

Then there are cultural differences, but because both Europe and the US belong to the western world, there is not that much creepy stuff. My generation was heavily influenced by American media growing up, so the American culture is not at all foreign to us.

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    I find the Germans and Japanese a lot creepier than Americans.
    Why?
    Last edited by Pa3s; 10-03-2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typo
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Too big a place to judge on such a narrow scope

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    America is tacky and corny as hell, but I'd honestly live nowhere else after visiting other countries. Life is just so comfortable here.
    If I could sum up the American existence, it would be just that, tacky and corny. I don't mean that in an overly negative way, I just think it's funny. I would never live anywhere else but I remember being in the middle east watching their news shows and everything was very professional and clean and respectable and then an American commercial would come on and it was just embarrassing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    If I could sum up the American existence, it would be just that, tacky and corny. I don't mean that in an overly negative way, I just think it's funny. I would never live anywhere else but I remember being in the middle east watching their news shows and everything was very professional and clean and respectable and then an American commercial would come on and it was just embarrassing.
    Lol I love you Jess

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Yeah... and whenever an American isn't tacky or corny they get called a hipster, gay or artsy fartsy, or they're told that they're trying too hard to be different.

I live around so many mountain dew drinking, frozen pizza eating rednecks, it sucks.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yesterday I was at an airshow where they had a semi truck that had a jet engine attached to the back. It spewed fire, roared like a jet engine and went 375 miles per hour down the runway. My husband looked at me and said "Murica" lol

But I have to admit, it was pretty awesome...

So yeah, tacky would be a better word. Tacky, but pretty awesome

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even explain how odd it is to return to your home country after being away from it for months. It's super easy to get comfortable and used to the American-ness, but when you return after being in a completely different culture, it is a mind-fuck. Little things I never noticed became glaringly obvious to me...like all the flags and how sort of odd the patriotism was. The accents. The fat people. The sheer size and wide open spaces, the cheapness and gluttony...I mean when you go to a place like Germany and see nothing but German flags everywhere, you feel a little uncomfortable. It's probably like that with foreigners when they come to the states only it's a million times worse.
    This, this, this.

Also, the "openness" @Starfall mentioned. I noticed this in myself for the first time when living abroad and communicating in my, "Hi, guys! How are you?" way didn't mesh (and I'm Southern, lol, so it's even more pronounced). I adjusted, of course, and now I am very conscious of how I and a lot of United Statesians (I learned the hard way not to say "American" in certain countries) are more open than a lot of ppl from other countries, who are more often reserved.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

image.jpeg
    I am, w difficulty, resisting my urge to post this on FB (and piss off certain people I'd rather not, needlessly) and posting this here instead. Enjoy.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    468 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never been to the US. But being honest: 90% of the times, when I dislike someone on the internet, they are from the US. Seeing Americans discussing about politics on forums, lol. It's hilarious. Some are so self-centered. Goddamn, some seem to think their "Constitution" is divine, like it is something written by Gods. A lot of idol worshippers. "We R democracy freedom", "FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM", "are u jelly of us?". This shit is bizarre and strangely self-righteous.

That being said, these are just superficial impressions. Maybe the US has a large population and it happens to stand out on the internet. Maybe the country just gets a lot of attention, and crazy people end up being more noticed than the rest. Maybe the media projects an unrealistic image of the country that isn't compatible with what it really is. Maybe I'm prejudiced, lol.
    "If Will stops and cries Why, invoking Because, then Will stops & does nought. If Power asks why, then is Power weakness".