TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The Psychometrics Centre tests

http://tests.e-psychometrics.com/personality.html

This test scores you on the Big Five scales as well as the MBTI: it gives you your results real-time as your answer, which is nice, but there are up to 100 items.

I started doing this one the other day: I seemed to be ending up with ISTP, and two or three of my Big Five seemed somewhat different from how I perceive them: I will give it another go at some point.

They also have an app that attempts to analyse your personality based on your facebook likes, I believe:
    https://applymagicsauce.com/demo.html

In addition, there is this Mini-IPIP 20 item test:
    http://tests.e-psychometrics.com/miniIPIP.html

and also, this "Satisfaction with Life" 5-item test:
    http://tests.e-psychometrics.com/dienerswl.html

and three other things you can take on this page but you get no feedback (answers) from them (basically, you might want to take them to understand yourself while taking them): http://tests.e-psychometrics.com/
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 02-04-2017 at 11:30 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

The app that predicts how others perceive you, based on your Facebook likes, was a bit harsh on me. I shouldn't be perceived as that unsatisfied with life. I should also be making more intelligent posts on FB too but I am not that into it.

Interesting app though. Easier than answering a lot of questions. I will do the other one soon.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    http://tests.e-psychometrics.com/personality.html

I started doing this one the other day: I seemed to be ending up with ISTP, and two or three of my Big Five seemed somewhat different from how I perceive them: I will give it another go at some point.
    I chose the middle option on a few since I couldn't agree or disagree with the options.

Thank you for participating in the personality test. Below you'll find the interpretation of your results:
    Your personality

Openness:
    69%

Conscientiousness:
    34%

Extraversion:
    34%

Agreeableness:
    52%

Neuroticism:
    66%

Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

ISTPs excel at analyzing situations to reach the heart of a problem so that they can swiftly implement a functional repair, making them ideally suited to the field of engineering. Naturally quiet people, they are interested in understanding how systems operate, focusing on efficient operation and structure. They are open to new information and approaches. But contrary to their seemingly quiet and detached natures, ISTPs are often capable of humorously insightful observations about the world around them, and can be closet daredevils who live on the edge by gravitating toward fast-moving or risky hobbies. ISTPs tend to save their energy until they see a project worthy of their time, and then they launch themselves at it.

Openness

Openness to experience describes a dimension of personality that distinguishes imaginative, creative people from down-to-earth, conventional people.
    This trait refers to the extent to which people prefer novelty versus convention. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is intellectually curious and appreciative of what you consider beautiful, no matter what others think. You might say that your imagination is vivid and makes you more creative than many others.

Reflective question: How important are your emotions in determining how you behave?

Conscientiousness

Conscientiousness concerns the way in which we control, regulate, and direct our impulses.
    This trait refers to the extent to which people prefer an organised, or a flexible, approach in life. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is spontaneous and fun, and that you like to do unexpected things that make life that bit more interesting. You might say that you aren't completely unreliable, but you've been known to slip up on occasion.

Reflective question: How do you go about tackling a new task?

Extraversion

Extraversion is marked by pronounced engagement with the external world, versus being comfortable with your own company.
    This trait refers to the extent to which we enjoy company, and seek excitement and stimulation. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who prefers low-key social occasions, with a few close friends. You might say that it's not that you are afraid of large parties; they're just not that fun for you.

Reflective question: How do you like to spend your spare time?

Agreeableness

Agreeableness reflects individual differences in concern with cooperation and social harmony.
    This trait refers to the way people express their opinions and manage relationships. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who gets along with people well, especially once they have proved themselves trustworthy to you. Your responses suggest that you do have a healthy scepticism about others' motives, but that doesn't stop you from considering others to be basically honest and decent.

Reflective question: In what situations are you co-operative? When do you enjoy competition?

Neuroticism

Neuroticism refers to the tendency to experience negative emotions.
    This trait refers to the way people cope with, and respond to, life's demands. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who tends to be more self-conscious than many. Based on your responses, you come across as someone who can find it hard to not get caught up by anxious or stressful situations. You might say that you are in touch with your own feelings.

Reflective question: When do you not feel in control of your emotions?

Edit: I took this one too.

Last edited by Aylen; 08-10-2015 at 02:25 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you!

Thank you for participating in the personality test. Below you'll find the interpretation of your results:
    Your personality

Openness:
    28%

Conscientiousness:
    34%

Extraversion:
    11%

Agreeableness:
    42%

Neuroticism:
    58%

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

ISTJs thrive on organisation. They keep their lives and environments well-regulated. They bring painstaking attention to detail in their work and will not rest until satisfied with a job well done. ISTJs are faithful, logical, organized, sensible, and earnest traditionalists. They earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Shutting out distractions, they take a practical, logical approach to their endeavors. Realistic and responsible, they work steadily toward their goals. They enjoy creating order in both their professional and personal lives. ISTJs are persons of thoughts and (sometimes) emotions. They prefer dealing with the present and factual, using various options to make decisions.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i got istj. i never get istj.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i took the mbti test too but i was annoyed that i got low openness and istj again so i didn't post it, lol.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ISTp and it said I'm dumb.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Aylen, Golden and Kore are ISTP confirm and final

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    Aylen, Golden and Kore are ISTP confirm and final
    It all makes sense now.

I took it again with the help of a couple friends and same result but I answered fewer with "neither agree or disagree" this time.

Your personality

Openness:
    73%

Conscientiousness:
    44%

Extraversion:
    34%

Agreeableness:
    46%

Neuroticism:
    50%

ISTPs excel at analyzing situations to reach the heart of a problem so that they can swiftly implement a functional repair, making them ideally suited to the field of engineering. Naturally quiet people, they are interested in understanding how systems operate, focusing on efficient operation and structure. They are open to new information and approaches. But contrary to their seemingly quiet and detached natures, ISTPs are often capable of humorously insightful observations about the world around them, and can be closet daredevils who live on the edge by gravitating toward fast-moving or risky hobbies. ISTPs tend to save their energy until they see a project worthy of their time, and then they launch themselves at it.

Last edited by Aylen; 08-11-2015 at 12:31 AM.

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    i got istj. i never get istj.
    What %ages did you get for the big 5 results on the left on the same page? I think it translates wrong from the big 5 results into MBTI dichotomies. At least based on Aylen's results for this test as posted above..

Just look at the %-based results to get MBTI type. Simple as that.

Openness: low = S, high = N
    Conscientiousness: low = P, high = J
    Extraversion: obvious I think
    Agreeableness: low = T, high = F
    (And Neuroticism isn't related to MBTI)

Though the correlations aren't 100%, sure but obviously this test takes them as 1:1 translations, just they got the coding wrong somewhere.

Btw, I did get ISTJ in big 5 results too... tho I don't get the reason for the 79%. That's a bit high. It just asked me all the time about whether I finish things and can make plans. Sure but that's only part of that dimension I think.

Your personality

Openness:
    24%

Conscientiousness:
    79%

Extraversion:
    34%

Agreeableness:
    21%

Neuroticism:
    28%
    Last edited by Myst; 08-11-2015 at 12:43 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Oh and on the short 20-question version, basically same

Your personality

Openness:
    16%

Conscientiousness:
    69%

Extraversion:
    28%

Agreeableness:
    8%

Neuroticism:
    38%

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So supposedly I'm SLE (ESTP) now lulz

Openness:

56%

Conscientiousness:
    58%

Extraversion:
    73%

Agreeableness:
    34%

Neuroticism:
    56%

Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

ESTPs are hands-on learners who live in the moment, seeking the best in life, wanting to share it with their friends. The ESTP is open to situations, able to improvise to bring about desired results. They are active people who want to solve their problems rather than simply discuss them. The ESTP knows everyone who matters and everything there is to do because they are very resourceful, always knowing where the fun and action is. They like to indulge themselves in the finer things in life and to bring other people with them. Their goal in life is to sell themselves and their ideas to others. Dramatic and debonair, they are gifted at earning others' confidence. ESTPs get great satisfaction from acting on their impulses. Activities involving great power, speed, thrill and risk are attractive to the ESTP. Chronic stifling of these impulses makes the ESTP feel dead inside.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    So supposedly I'm SLE (ESTP) now lulz

Openness:

56%

Conscientiousness:
    58%

Extraversion:
    73%

Agreeableness:
    34%

Neuroticism:
    56%

Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

ESTPs are hands-on learners who live in the moment, seeking the best in life, wanting to share it with their friends. The ESTP is open to situations, able to improvise to bring about desired results. They are active people who want to solve their problems rather than simply discuss them. The ESTP knows everyone who matters and everything there is to do because they are very resourceful, always knowing where the fun and action is. They like to indulge themselves in the finer things in life and to bring other people with them. Their goal in life is to sell themselves and their ideas to others. Dramatic and debonair, they are gifted at earning others' confidence. ESTPs get great satisfaction from acting on their impulses. Activities involving great power, speed, thrill and risk are attractive to the ESTP. Chronic stifling of these impulses makes the ESTP feel dead inside.
    The 56% openness actually sounds like an ENTP result (likely buggy translation code in the website).

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The 56% openness actually sounds like an ENTP result (likely buggy translation code in the website).
    Right! My results are really wonky.. It should have been ENTJ (Conscientiousness 58%)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The dichotomies don't flip over in the MBTI result until about 66.6% in that Big 5 scale, so it's not really that good.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

100 question test:

IPIP:

Facebook:

wow. This total uncovers me as being an uber-macho, highly introverted, higly competitive, and not at all neurotic individual who is slightly less interested in psychology than the average person (on facebook? or in the general population? ...depends on how the test is weighted).
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 08-13-2015 at 08:55 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Openness:
    69%

Conscientiousness:
    21%

Extraversion:
    21%

Agreeableness:
    28%

Neuroticism:
    85%

Openness

Openness to experience describes a dimension of personality that distinguishes imaginative, creative people from down-to-earth, conventional people.

This trait refers to the extent to which people prefer novelty versus convention. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is intellectually curious and appreciative of what you consider beautiful, no matter what others think. You might say that your imagination is vivid and makes you more creative than many others.

Reflective question: How important are your emotions in determining how you behave?

Conscientiousness

Conscientiousness concerns the way in which we control, regulate, and direct our impulses.

This trait refers to the extent to which people prefer an organised, or a flexible, approach in life. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is spontaneous and fun, and that you like to do unexpected things that make life that bit more interesting. You might say that you aren't completely unreliable, but you've been known to slip up on occasion.

Reflective question: How do you go about tackling a new task?

Extraversion

Extraversion is marked by pronounced engagement with the external world, versus being comfortable with your own company.

This trait refers to the extent to which we enjoy company, and seek excitement and stimulation. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who prefers low-key social occasions, with a few close friends. You might say that it's not that you are afraid of large parties; they're just not that fun for you.

Reflective question: How do you like to spend your spare time?

Agreeableness

Agreeableness reflects individual differences in concern with cooperation and social harmony.

This trait refers to the way people express their opinions and manage relationships. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who people can find difficult to get along with when you first meet, as you can be suspicious of their motives. Your responses suggest that over time though people warm to you, and you to them, although that doesn't stop you telling them "how it is".

Reflective question: When others are experiencing problems, what do you do?

Neuroticism

Neuroticism refers to the tendency to experience negative emotions.

This trait refers to the way people cope with, and respond to, life's demands. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who reacts poorly to stressful situations, and consequently worries more than most about them. However, you are someone that has an emotional depth that others lack.

Reflective question: When do you not feel in control of your emotions?

Short one:

Openness:
    79%

Conscientiousness:
    34%

Extraversion:
    28%

Agreeableness:
    16%

Neuroticism:
    66%

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your personality

Openness:
    54%

Conscientiousness:
    11%

Extraversion:
    56%

Agreeableness:
    11%

Neuroticism:
    85%

I hate these Big 5 tests ugh

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This seems to have been updated somewhat (my numbers are slightly different, and it gives a few examples that show a particular trait). I don't think it gave a Jungian type before either, but that seems to be in accordance with the Big Five analysis.

for some reason, liking The Rolling Stones is linked to "more intelligence, but Pink Floyd to "less".
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 02-04-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BIG5_Extraversion:0.273
    BIG5_Agreeableness:0.39390000000000003
    BIG5_Neuroticism:0.44229999999999997
    BIG5_Openness:0.7741
    Female:0.024421975482616945
    BIG5_Conscientiousness:0.5487
    Leadership:0.509346901591736
    Jungian_Personality:INTP

Summary:
    RLOEI

Age 34

INTP

50/50 chance of being a leader.

I put in a few and these results are representative of the average. Weirdly enough it was very convinced that I was 34. Went between ISTJ and INTP. Also went between Conscientious and Unorganized.

About the age thing, well, plug that into IQ and you get roughly my IQ, so that it is an interesting application. But since that number aggregates not only mental age, but experience and emotional age and all the other functions unrelated to intellect, the number represents more than that and is (assuming it was accurate) overestimating a mental age because other items (probably) claim the variance of that model. I suspect it only works for people in their 20s to people in their 60s, just because of how likely we are not to have good examples of below and above that number.

This is an interesting test and a pretty basic and scalable application of regression learning algorithms. This kind of stuff is doable by a beginner.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ENFP and:

Openness: 85%

Conscientiousness: 48%

Extraversion: 76%

Agreeableness: 38%

Neuroticism: 73%

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 100 question test thinks I'm an ISTP. I can't take the Facebook one.

Openness: 52%
    Conscientiousness: 42%
    Extraversion: 11%
    Agreeableness: 8%
    Neuroticism: 92%

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I remained as an ISTP for at least half the test.

Openness:34%

Conscientiousness:21%

Extraversion: 11%

Agreeableness: 24%

Neuroticism: 62%

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

100 question test:

Openness: 73
    Conscientiousness: 56
    Extraversion: 38
    Agreeableness: 54
    Neuroticism: 76
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

There is a Google Chrome extension called "Data Selfie" which uses this Apply Magic Sauce algorithm and I think also the IBM Watson software that @golden recently mentioned. It seems that using your Facebook data, it can go into amazing depth about what Facebook knows about you. It doesn't really say anything for me - I'm not sure if that is because I don't use Facebook especially, or if it is because of the lengths I've kept things private:

Article:
    A Dead Simple Tool To Find Out What Facebook-Knows About You

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got INFP in the test, which is no surprise as I always score as an INFP in MBTI. The FB app is a bs, it took my likes like Alice In Chains, Tool and Korn and said it was femine and then compared it with my likes for Black Sabbath, Sum41 and A Day to Remember and it said it was masculine... WTF I also scored almost the opposite results to my the scores I usually get on Big 5 test. A great killer is also "Likes that make you seem contemplative: Big Bang Theory" how does watching a stupid sitcome make you contemplative?