Thread: In what way does "caring" romance style vary with +/-Si?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question In what way does "caring" romance style vary with +/-Si?

+ Si - pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, harmony, beauty, attraction, leisure, health, relaxation, well-being, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity;
    − Si - unpleasant thrill sensations, discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, ugliness, unattractiveness, work, fatigue, stress, illness, suffering, pain.

I understand that minus can handle both whereas plus can only do plus. I'm especially curious about this because duals/activity partners don't share any +/- in their functions (correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still new to this). + Si of duals/activity has impacted my life in both highly positive and highly negative ways. The negatives are big sources of concern for me in any future relationship. But before I share examples and cause bias in the responses, I'd like to see examples from other people's lives. Maybe others have found a solution which I have not.

Last edited by Audacious; 12-08-2017 at 07:41 PM. Reason: font consistency

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone is honestly going to be qualified to answer that question.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I don't think anyone is honestly going to be qualified to answer that question.
    Why?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Audacious View Post
    + Si - pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, harmony, beauty, attraction, leisure, health, relaxation, well-being, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity;
    − Si - unpleasant thrill sensations, discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, ugliness, unattractiveness, work, fatigue, stress, illness, suffering, pain.

I understand that minus can handle both whereas plus can only do plus. I'm especially curious about this because duals/activity partners don't share any +/- in their functions (correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still new to this). + Si of duals/activity has impacted my life in both highly positive and highly negative ways. The negatives are big sources of concern for me in any future relationship. But before I share examples and cause bias in the responses, I'd like to see examples from other people's lives. Maybe others have found a solution which I have not.
    I think +si is introducing comfort while -si is removing discomfort

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's heresy

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're better in my opinion explaining this with function blocks, ie Si with Te is a little different in a person than Si with Fe, which is what the type descriptions do already.

Otherwise you're creating additional theories upon a theory (socionics) that serve only to complicate the mind.

But, people like it, so fair enough.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

maintenance vs relief
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

also to be considered in light of creative v base

LSE creative -Si: continually does maintenance, provides direct relief only when circumstances grab attention
    SEI base -Si: continually perceiving where relief is needed, does maintenance only when circumstances grab attention

SLI base +Si: continually technically improving environment, beyond simply preventing degeneration; disoriented when called to provide relief on spot, especially emotional "personal"
    ESE creative +Si: continually looking to enhance personal pleasure, disoriented when required to assess and keep up maintenance

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESE, SEI are +
    LSE, SLI are -

+ Is partial. It just focus in the positive traits.
    - Is like a focus on the negative part of the element. Also a whole view or understanding of the element. Taking into account the positive and negative traits, to take a sober, convenient and natural approach.

Minus (–) functions: absence of limitations on areas of competence

The minus (–) function does not have clear boundaries. Its area of competence expands and extends far without a clear indication of limits. Responding to a question from a minus function, the person generalizes, "grasps" the situation as a whole or abstractly, and does not wish to into the details and contretics.

When one listens to reasoning coming from a minus (–) function, observes the behavior and the reactions on this function, an impression emerges that the person, while possessing an extensive "minus zone", is trying to "anchor" him/herself somewhere in the "golden middle" in order not to lose the wide-reaching grasp, the scale, the globality in the "minus", but also to not overlook details on the "plus". Thus, SLI ("Gabin") and LSE ("Stirlitz") do not seek to bring comfort and cleanliness to an ideal state, but rather they remain in a zone of acceptable discomfort. In clothing there is also a tendency to remain in the "golden mean" – comfortable, convenient, but not too refined and sophisticated, not disharmonious, but also not a perfect fit, rather something in between. However, if there is a situational necessity, they may well submerge into the "plus" and create a combination that will amaze with its sense of taste, with its selection in colors, and how it fits them them, where every detail will be thought out. Often this search of the "golden mean" becomes reflected in responses.

x

Its interesting to notice that duals have a different sign in functions. Deltas STs - while NFs +; Alphas SFs + and NTs -
    It seems like another sign of complementarity.

So based in this, for example delta NFs are just able to focus on the positive traits of Si, so they seek:

+ - pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, harmony, beauty, attraction, leisure, health, relaxation, well-being, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity.

Which is pretty much their partial use and focus in Si. Being blindspot to unpleasantness, lack of comfort and lack of convenience. While, on the other hand, Delta STs pay much more interest to avoid the negative aspects instead of focusing or achieving the positive ones. Which means avoiding:

- - unpleasant thrill sensations, discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, ugliness, unattractiveness, work, fatigue, stress, illness, suffering, pain.

The same occurs with Alphas.

IRL examples:

ESE (caregiver) , IEE (pseudo caregiver): What would you like to eat? (Interested in giving something pleasant).

LSE, SLI (caregiver) : Did you ate? Would you like something to eat? (Interested in knowing if there is a source of discomfort).

These are typical questions that I and ppl of my environment of those types do.

+ would care for giving something "nice". They would care for "beautifying", somehow ignoring or not paying attention to the actual discomfort.

This applies for Him/her or the partner.

- would care for not being uncomfortable. Not paying so much attention to the actual niceness of conditions or beautifying something. This applies for S/he or the partner.

Please note this mostly occurs in the realm of romantic relations. And have into account that - also works in +, occasionally.

Last edited by Hope; 02-14-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

System study semantics of signs of mental functions performed VD Ermak and GB Senyuk in 1994 and is somewhat different from the interpretation of signs VV Gulenko , especially in recent years.

I was going off gulenko's signs in my prior post. I think the ideas are compatible but Ermak uses a slightly different meaning to his signs as is shown in Sluga's post

tTnFb_W-2paIMZkAn7SIdPZAVvd0HzTirimdFQdsKE4.jpg

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?
    It's asking for a precise distinction inside of an Erotic attitude, using a separate theory as the boundary. I mean you can do it, but it's a synthetic conclusion based on subjective understandings of multiple, and not necessarily complimentary, frameworks.

The best chance of getting something accurate would be listening to an Alpha Ne and a Delta Ne who has had close relationships first hand with both and isn't a total idiot. And didn't get their types wrong. And didn't date someone unhealthy. And then compare both and look to eliminate their biases.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can hear the underlying Fe in pookie's post and it amuses me. no homo.