Thread: Member Questionnaire (leakingdreams)

TIM
    void
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (leakingdreams)

Member Questionnaire 1 (leakingdreams)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is a synergy of our ideals with that which is observed, whether that observed entity is an idea itself or an entity in the scope of our sight etc. Love is what is felt when we have found something supremely beautiful in a way.
    What are your most important values?
    My values are a bit dynamic and depend on my milieu. I truly don't have any static views; they are adaptable to the situation as well.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm an agnostic theist; I believe in a 'centrality' of religion--an admixture of them, I suppose. I believe that there is a high likelihood that the deity (ies) that govern our universe understand our human inability to grasp infinite love, power, etc and appreciate our attempts at praising them in terms of religion. As such all religions have the same goal--to show praise and to create order within social structure. However, the division that causes 'holy wars' (not just jihad...looking at you Crusades) are asinine and are either meant to

A) Judge us before we enter eternal peace
    B) enact the greatest of trolling by the dieties imaginable. That perhaps we are toys to them, and genetics are the greatest example of science fiction they could muster--watching their stories unfold simply for the joy that a child watches his goldfish live and die, proddding it occasionally.

C) B and in addition, we return to nothing but a halted chemical process.

I've always held these beliefs. I found idolizing jesus quite silly in Catholic school--for why must he be different than buddah, etc? It's idolatry to me.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I HATE them. My favorite song by Pink Floyd is 'Us and Them', which I think summarizes the futility of war quite well. I see these young, YOUNG (sub 25) year old men engaging in what could end their lives, their brainstems being severed by gunshots, all over something as stupid as religion, which has no basis other than to, as stated before, bestow social order. The only time it is necessary is during genocides, when the number of lives saved is greater than those lost, although such estimates are not always predictable.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Usually anything the interlocutor deems fascinating, from cars, to trucks, to physics, to metaphysics. I am in my own head quite a lot and have many interests, and I become excited by noting the excitement of others, though I may seem placid and stoic on the surface.

My interests seem to wax and wane a bit. As a result, I have many interests, all of which I consider in their infancy--but--if I am alive for as long as we apparently can be--I intend to hone them throughout life as oppose to expect to learn them all before 30 etc. I am interested in social dynamics, physics, metaphysics, martial arts, writing, singing, chemistry, math, etc. I'm a science (soft and hard) whore.

I do have to be careful because strong arguments can make me take on the values of the interlocutor temporarily. I see everything in their view for a second, and have to ensure to 'purge' and reinstate my actual values after.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    My relationship with my body is poor. I sometimes do not eat until I notice my mental faculties fading. Brushing my teeth is a chore, and I hate the way it feels. I like to shower because it's one of those times where the warmth is nice but I can be mentally elsewhere without having to worry about not hitting a car bah! lol. I tend to have a hyperfocus of not at all. I sometimes think that I will have a heart attack from some of the meds I take when I do realize how statistically unlikely it is. I have to work on my diet and exercise, which is hard for me.

At the same time, I hate the film on my teeth after prolonged not brushing (like 2 days). And I hate the must of uncleanliness after around 2-3 days, especially in summer.

I am interested in medicine, yes. Understanding the self in any metric is important to successful survival.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    :/. They have to get done I suppose, but I can delay them indefinitely if left to my own devices.. I don't enjoy them. Who does? But they have to get done.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I read mainly technical books, quite honestly. I tend to like films that are 'mind bending' with a lot of symbolism or characters under serious physiological duress or psychosis.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I don't cry very often. I worry a lot. I smile in order to make those around me feel better. It isn't a natural smile; it isn't forced either. It's to make those seconds that humans hold dear more bearable. I've been surprised by how much a warm smile and hand wave can be so disarming to people, even if I don't particularly feel like being so to them or in good spirits
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    when it is quiet and peaceful with little disturbance (silence) and minimal lighting, if any. I feel like I am at one with my thoughts and can analyze myself. I don't like loud noises, heavy lighting, or lots of color.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I am all over the place with my interests and career goals. I tend to think I suck at something (almost everything) only to find I don't (most of the time). Friends have said "You're already good at everything; how can I help you?" The truth is that I am frequently lonely, but it's an aloneness that I've grown accustomed to and major deviations from it (being at parties per se) is really draining (anyone that thinks I'm an extromim will be shot).

I don't like myself very much. I don't feel like I have a self. I take a quote from Mothman 'It depends on who's watching'. I feel like I sort of dial up or down qualities of myself for the other person's liking. I don't if I'm tired; then I come off scared or easily startled/shy.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    A lot. I hate praising myself for things so I'm leaving this out.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Connecting with people without wanting to leave them.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, I have a mood disorder so I have to be leery of overexertion, but even then I can have problems.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are able to get stuff done. Not just imagine it. Not just create an ideal flow of events. Not just forecast it. Realize it. I dislike those who constantly prod me for my own emotions. Sometimes I feel like I have none, although I come across as having a myriad of emotions and often revel in those of others as though they were my own, which is an offset from my emotional coldness that I feel inside, at least.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Ugh. I used to be a gay little whore in my early 20s. I hated it. I don't really like empty sex. It feels mechanical and odd. And I don't like sharing my body. I don't always know what to do with it, so I can be as fun with having sex with as a log. I look for partners with a bit more dominance, who can make a log something >:-)
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Independence, emotional and intellectual growth at nearly all times in some form. I see parents raise their children to be strong without intellectual growth; they at times become brutish and mean. I see children with more intellectual growth than emotional, and they can become secluded and shy. Independence of thought and emotion are central to being a functional human being.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I probably have changed to their perspective temporarily, despite however illogical and silly I may consider it later. I it really, really is over the top, we may just not be friends anymore by lack of association (slowly drift away).
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    . I won't go into it further because this is personal and very direct w/ me. Feel free to ask if we develop a personal relationship here.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    They choose me. I like people who don't consider my oddness to be a deterrent and don't mind a bit of a chase.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I adapt my SPP, socially palpable persona. It's friendly, filled with manners, and politely curious. This will meld into a real self if I become interested in the person and drop the walls a bit and become more myself as the situation progresses.

Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

video interview is needed to type normally
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@leakingdreams

this convinces me of IEI over ILI

Ni subtype of course

Some signs of Fe and seeking SLE

I can elaborate later

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Overall I’d say IEI is quite likely. I’m not sure about subtype, I’m actually leaning slightly towards Fe subtype. You seem heavily influenced by Fe yet it’s pretty clear you’re introverted and IEI overall. See my notes in italics for reasoning.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beauty is a synergy of our ideals with that which is observed, whether that observed entity is an idea itself or an entity in the scope of our sight etc. Love is what is felt when we have found something supremely beautiful in a way.

I get a beta NF vibe here. Kind of hard to explain but I’ve seen other beta NFs use similar language to describe this concept.

My values are a bit dynamic and depend on my milieu. I truly don't have any static views; they are adaptable to the situation as well.

Dynamic type and/or irrational type.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm an agnostic theist; I believe in a 'centrality' of religion--an admixture of them, I suppose. I believe that there is a high likelihood that the deity (ies) that govern our universe understand our human inability to grasp infinite love, power, etc and appreciate our attempts at praising them in terms of religion.

Sounds Ni perhaps

As such all religions have the same goal--to show praise and to create order within social structure.

Se/Ti

However, the division that causes 'holy wars' (not just jihad...looking at you Crusades) are asinine and are either meant to

B) enact the greatest of trolling by the dieties imaginable. That perhaps we are toys to them, and genetics are the greatest example of science fiction they could muster--watching their stories unfold simply for the joy that a child watches his goldfish live and die, proddding it occasionally.

I've always held these beliefs. I found idolizing jesus quite silly in Catholic school--for why must he be different than buddah, etc? It's idolatry to me.

I see a beta mindset here. Ni mixed with Se/Ti.

I HATE them. My favorite song by Pink Floyd is 'Us and Them', which I think summarizes the futility of war quite well. I see these young, YOUNG (sub 25) year old men engaging in what could end their lives, their brainstems being severed by gunshots, all over something as stupid as religion, which has no basis other than to, as stated before, bestow social order. The only time it is necessary is during genocides, when the number of lives saved is greater than those lost, although such estimates are not always predictable.

Perhaps Ni in ability to foresee consequences of war.

I could be wrong here but it seems like Ti/Fe valuing quadras are more likely to take on the mindset that it’s better to save more lives even if it means killing a few. Whereas it seems like Fi valuers, would never advocate killing *anybody* even though more people could die in the end. Perhaps it’s somehow tied in to Fi valuing individual relationships or more likely to have a black and white view on morality. E.g. Killing is wrong regardless. Whereas Fe valuers are more inclined to see morality as more contextually based. E.g. Killing in general is very bad but there are some situations where it could be justified. Again, this is just speculation here but it seems to be a pattern I’ve noticed.

Usually anything the interlocutor deems fascinating, from cars, to trucks, to physics, to metaphysics. I am in my own head quite a lot and have many interests, and I become excited by noting the excitement of others, though I may seem placid and stoic on the surface.

Ni would explain being in your head a lot and interest in things like metaphysics. Ne seems more inclined to have multiple interests though.
    Fe would be inclined to see what the interlocutor finds interesting and talk about those things and noticing the excitement of others.

My interests seem to wax and wane a bit. As a result, I have many interests, all of which I consider in their infancy--but--if I am alive for as long as we apparently can be--I intend to hone them throughout life as oppose to expect to learn them all before 30 etc. I am interested in social dynamics, physics, metaphysics, martial arts, writing, singing, chemistry, math, etc. I'm a science (soft and hard) whore.

Waxing and waning interests- seems more common in irrational types. It sounds like your interests are all over the map. Again I find this more characteristic in Ne base types but I’ve seen some Ni base types like this as well.

Some of your interests are Ni in nature- metaphysics, social dynamics (Ni+Fe), possibly writing
    Some are more Ti in nature- science. Ti is mobilizing function for IEI.
    Martial arts- more Se oriented I think.

Interests aren’t conclusive of type though. Many different types can have the same interests for very different reasons.

I do have to be careful because strong arguments can make me take on the values of the interlocutor temporarily. I see everything in their view for a second, and have to ensure to 'purge' and reinstate my actual values after.

Interesting. I’m not quite sure what to make of this. What types of arguments are these? Can you give an example?

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    My relationship with my body is poor. I sometimes do not eat until I notice my mental faculties fading. Brushing my teeth is a chore, and I hate the way it feels. I like to shower because it's one of those times where the warmth is nice but I can be mentally elsewhere without having to worry about not hitting a car bah! lol. I tend to have a hyperfocus of not at all. I sometimes think that I will have a heart attack from some of the meds I take when I do realize how statistically unlikely it is. I have to work on my diet and exercise, which is hard for me.

At the same time, I hate the film on my teeth after prolonged not brushing (like 2 days). And I hate the must of uncleanliness after around 2-3 days, especially in summer.

I am interested in medicine, yes. Understanding the self in any metric is important to successful survival.

Weak Si is obvious. Probably devalued Si. Yet you do see the importance of medicine. Si is the role function for IEI.

:/. They have to get done I suppose, but I can delay them indefinitely if left to my own devices.. I don't enjoy them. Who does? But they have to get done.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Putting them off indefinitely may suggest more likely irrationality.

I read mainly technical books, quite honestly. I tend to like films that are 'mind bending' with a lot of symbolism or characters under serious physiological duress or psychosis.

Ni-symbolism
    Ti- technical reading

Mind bending- could be either

I don't cry very often. I worry a lot. I smile in order to make those around me feel better. It isn't a natural smile; it isn't forced either. It's to make those seconds that humans hold dear more bearable. I've been surprised by how much a warm smile and hand wave can be so disarming to people, even if I don't particularly feel like being so to them or in good spirits.

Smiling to make others feel better- suggests Fe creative- good at influencing the emotional atmosphere.

when it is quiet and peaceful with little disturbance (silence) and minimal lighting, if any. I feel like I am at one with my thoughts and can analyze myself. I don't like loud noises, heavy lighting, or lots of color.

Hmmm, I would think SEI (Si base) would be more inclined to have the sensory sensitivities you mention. But I’ve known role Si to have sensory sensitivities as well.

Desire for quiet and peaceful- introverted type
    Be at one with thoughts and analyze self- introverted + intuitive sounds like

I am all over the place with my interests and career goals. I tend to think I suck at something (almost everything) only to find I don't (most of the time). Friends have said "You're already good at everything; how can I help you?" The truth is that I am frequently lonely, but it's an aloneness that I've grown accustomed to and major deviations from it (being at parties per se) is really draining (anyone that thinks I'm an extromim will be shot).

I don't like myself very much. I don't feel like I have a self. I take a quote from Mothman 'It depends on who's watching'. I feel like I sort of dial up or down qualities of myself for the other person's liking. I don't if I'm tired; then I come off scared or easily startled/shy.

All over the place with interests/goals- irrational type likely
    Second paragraph I can see Fe influence here.
    Lots of people feel lonely for various reasons.

Don’t be afraid to toot your own horn here. It would provide useful insight.

This sounds somewhat Fi, especially if you’re talking about establishing close long-term relationships.

Yes, I have a mood disorder so I have to be leery of overexertion, but even then I can have problems.

Psychological disorders are not type related.
    I’m not clear how this relates to being stuck in a rut though. Are you trying to say that if it wasn’t for your mood disorder you’d have an easier time getting out of a rut?

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are able to get stuff done. Not just imagine it. Not just create an ideal flow of events. Not just forecast it. Realize it. I dislike those who constantly prod me for my own emotions. Sometimes I feel like I have none, although I come across as having a myriad of emotions and often revel in those of others as though they were my own, which is an offset from my emotional coldness that I feel inside, at least.

Liking people who can get stuff done- sounds like Se dual seeking.
    Obviously you have strong Ni- create ideal flow of events, imagining, forecasting.
    The last part sounds Fe creative again

Ugh. I used to be a gay little whore in my early 20s. I hated it. I don't really like empty sex. It feels mechanical and odd. And I don't like sharing my body. I don't always know what to do with it, so I can be as fun with having sex with as a log. I look for partners with a bit more dominance, who can make a log something >:-)

Looking for partners with more dominance- could be Se seeking again.
    A lot of people want meaningful sex as opposed to empty sex. Probably not very type related.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Independence, emotional and intellectual growth at nearly all times in some form. I see parents raise their children to be strong without intellectual growth; they at times become brutish and mean. I see children with more intellectual growth than emotional, and they can become secluded and shy. Independence of thought and emotion are central to being a functional human being.

A lot of types I could see saying this. I suppose I could see Ti valuing here- independence of thought.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I probably have changed to their perspective temporarily, despite however illogical and silly I may consider it later. I it really, really is over the top, we may just not be friends anymore by lack of association (slowly drift away).

Ni+Fe changing perspective to fit the other temporarily
    Ti mobilizing- ability to see the illogicality of it later

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    . I won't go into it further because this is personal and very direct w/ me. Feel free to ask if we develop a personal relationship here.

Fair enough.

They choose me. I like people who don't consider my oddness to be a deterrent and don't mind a bit of a chase.

Sounds like Ni ‘victim’ erotic style perhaps.

I adapt my SPP, socially palpable persona. It's friendly, filled with manners, and politely curious. This will meld into a real self if I become interested in the person and drop the walls a bit and become more myself as the situation progresses.

Again, creative Fe function at use here.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Overall I’d say IEI is quite likely. I’m not sure about subtype, I’m actually leaning slightly towards Fe subtype. You seem heavily influenced by Fe yet it’s pretty clear you’re introverted and IEI overall. See my notes in italics for reasoning.
    Ah why Fe subtype? I've talked to OP on chat a lot and I find him to be like the more serious Ni subtype as opposed to Fe subtype though of course that's a bit superficial reasoning

I get a beta NF vibe here. Kind of hard to explain but I’ve seen other beta NFs use similar language to describe this concept.
    I agree heh I've seen that with others too

I could be wrong here but it seems like Ti/Fe valuing quadras are more likely to take on the mindset that it’s better to save more lives even if it means killing a few. Whereas it seems like Fi valuers, would never advocate killing *anybody* even though more people could die in the end. Perhaps it’s somehow tied in to Fi valuing individual relationships or more likely to have a black and white view on morality. E.g. Killing is wrong regardless. Whereas Fe valuers are more inclined to see morality as more contextually based. E.g. Killing in general is very bad but there are some situations where it could be justified. Again, this is just speculation here but it seems to be a pattern I’ve noticed.

I noticed that pattern too. That's some real Fi feely bullshit there... (not trying to offend the Fi types on this forum ofc)

Hmmm, I would think SEI (Si base) would be more inclined to have the sensory sensitivities you mention. But I’ve known role Si to have sensory sensitivities as well.
    I know many IxI's who have such sensitivities. Why would you think SEI would have this, being a sensor type they actually shouldn't have issues...? Is this an observation of trends by you?

This sounds somewhat Fi, especially if you’re talking about establishing close long-term relationships.
    No, why would this be Fi? ..."connecting" is too generic a term for that.

I dislike those who constantly prod me for my own emotions. Sometimes I feel like I have none, although I come across as having a myriad of emotions and often revel in those of others as though they were my own, which is an offset from my emotional coldness that I feel inside, at least.

I'd like to know if Fe creatives typically feel like this about emotional coldness? Have you observed such a pattern too.

PS: Oh yeah @leakingdreams do recommend me some of those mind-bending films

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ah why Fe subtype? I've talked to OP on chat a lot and I find him to be like the more serious Ni subtype as opposed to Fe subtype though of course that's a bit superficial reasoning

I'm just going by what the questionairre says. Basically, very strong Fe influence here. Moreso than I've seen with other IEIs. You probably know him better than me because you've actually chatted wtih him.

I noticed that pattern too. That's some real Fi feely bullshit there... (not trying to offend the Fi types on this forum ofc)

I wasn't intending to offend anyone either.

I know many IxI's who have such sensitivities. Why would you think SEI would have this, being a sensor type they actually shouldn't have issues...? Is this an observation of trends by you?

Probably not very conclusive. Yes, observation of trends.

No, why would this be Fi? ..."connecting" is too generic a term for that.

You're right. Probably not very conclusive.

I'd like to know if Fe creatives typically feel like this about emotional coldness? Have you observed such a pattern too.

Not sure

PS: Oh yeah @leakingdreams do recommend me some of those mind-bending films

I would also be interested.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@leakingdreams

I'm sure of Ni subtype now for you, too much focus on that Ti HA compared to how Fe subs are with it (it's cool btw!)

This is a deeper argument for Ni sub than that superficial one I gave previously.

TIM
    void
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting; I was thinking it was a T like answer

Dynamic type and/or irrational type.

Well this is for sure
    I'm an agnostic theist; I believe in a 'centrality' of religion--an admixture of them, I suppose. I believe that there is a high likelihood that the deity (ies) that govern our universe understand our human inability to grasp infinite love, power, etc and appreciate our attempts at praising them in terms of religion.

Sounds Ni perhaps

As such all religions have the same goal--to show praise and to create order within social structure.

Se/Ti

However, the division that causes 'holy wars' (not just jihad...looking at you Crusades) are asinine and are either meant to

I see a beta mindset here. Ni mixed with Se/Ti.

Perhaps Ni in ability to foresee consequences of war.

Hmm seems like anyone could have this idea

Interesting note

Ni would explain being in your head a lot and interest in things like metaphysics. Ne seems more inclined to have multiple interests though.
    Fe would be inclined to see what the interlocutor finds interesting and talk about those things and noticing the excitement of others.

Waxing and waning interests- seems more common in irrational types. It sounds like your interests are all over the map. Again I find this more characteristic in Ne base types but I’ve seen some Ni base types like this as well.

Well, I don't focus on more than a few at a time. And I view them all as subsets. singing is very related to math and physics. The techniques employed and such maximize resonance in the same fashion a civil engineer will think of resonance of a building--it's all a balance of frequency. I worded this poorly but yea, to me they are all reallly the same.

Some of your interests are Ni in nature- metaphysics, social dynamics (Ni+Fe), possibly writing
    Some are more Ti in nature- science. Ti is mobilizing function for IEI.
    Martial arts- more Se oriented I think.

Interests aren’t conclusive of type though. Many different types can have the same interests for very different reasons.

MTE I think my interests aren't TOO related to my type.

Interesting. I’m not quite sure what to make of this. What types of arguments are these? Can you give an exampl Opinions delivered in a stern and logical fashion. I tend to believe it for a second before deeming it bullshit later.

Weak Si is obvious. Probably devalued Si. Yet you do see the importance of medicine. Si is the role function for IEI.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Putting them off indefinitely may suggest more likely irrationality.

Ni-symbolism
    Ti- technical reading

EH, I like to interpret. Some of the movies are more straightforward like 'Mothman Propechies'. I just love the idea of Spirits conjured to fuck with people and invoke absolute bat-shit behavior for their own amusement. It's like the world was built by a supreme troll.

I don't cry very often. I worry a lot. I smile in order to make those around me feel better. It isn't a natural smile; it isn't forced either. It's to make those seconds that humans hold dear more bearable. I've been surprised by how much a warm smile and hand wave can be so disarming to people, even if I don't particularly feel like being so to them or in good spirits.

Smiling to make others feel better- suggests Fe creative- good at influencing the emotional atmosphere.
    Oh I thought I came off Te here with it being calculated to an extent.

Someone has suggested Si base for me; I just really don't feel the body connection and live in the past and future so much that it causes disruption. I suppose if I thought about Si enough, I could find some reasoning for it. That's an issue I have. I can always seem to develop sound reasoning (to me) for a perspective being correct, so as a result, all perspectives are correct--it's all probabalistic.

Desire for quiet and peaceful- introverted type
    Be at one with thoughts and analyze self- introverted + intuitive sounds like

Hmm, I think this is just introversion.

All over the place with interests/goals- irrational type likely
    Second paragraph I can see Fe influence here.
    Lots of people feel lonely for various reasons.

Don’t be afraid to toot your own horn here. It would provide useful insight.
    I just find the idea of strength to be self-limiting moreso than the idea of betterment. Strength seems too static--as if you've reached or are close to approaching completeness while bettering is more akin to growth.

Anyway, I'm hybridic. I learn pretty quickly but normally as an autodidact--I don't learn in classroom/meetings as much; there's just too much going on for me to think (the lights, the people, the emotions of the person). I just feel overwhelmed in such cases. So it's not unlikely that I come off as a bit dumb only for people to later realize that most of my processing occurs quickly but it's restrained to being in an environment conducive for such.

I once had a job as a web designer, and these women just kept talking to me and arguing amongst each other, and I was just sure that I could not get what they wanted done. Then I took my notes to the library and completed it within 2 hours, which was the fastest they'd seen.

I once had an electrodynamics class, and taught it mostly to myself. I showed how all the ideas and formulas were connected without much of a hitch. The professor then gave me a test with all numbers and no calculator--it was quite trivial, but I don't like dealing with numbers by default. There was just too many places to err to me. Decimals. Ack. He did it because he wanted me to focus on detail, but if I get the concepts, I could just write a damn program to do it.

When I see lots of numbers:

It's not uncommon for me to be more interested in formulas and their relation more than numbers. I can do numbers if I'm well-rested, but at the time I was sick w/ bad allergies and on tons of benadryl, so nope, I was only concepts at that moment

Eh, I seem to fall of the end of the Earth and into my own orbit. I gravitate to few people but I really sometimes need to remind myself to keep contact. It's not that I don't love them; it's just easy for me to drift..

Psychological disorders are not type related.
    I’m not clear how this relates to being stuck in a rut though. Are you trying to say that if it wasn’t for your mood disorder you’d have an easier time getting out of a rut?

Yea

Liking people who can get stuff done- sounds like Se dual seeking.
    Obviously you have strong Ni- create ideal flow of events, imagining, forecasting.

Sometimes, I am just plain wrong because it doesn't ideally fall into place as hoped. I've gotten better at it, however.

Looking for partners with more dominance- could be Se seeking again.
    A lot of people want meaningful sex as opposed to empty sex. Probably not very type related.
    MTE

A lot of types I could see saying this. I suppose I could see Ti valuing here- independence of thought.

Ni+Fe changing perspective to fit the other temporarily

Thought that was Te

Fair enough.

Sounds like Ni ‘victim’ erotic style perhaps.

Again, creative Fe function at use here.

Hmm I did that before I got into typology. Thought that was Te as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    @leakingdreams

I'm sure of Ni subtype now for you, too much focus on that Ti HA compared to how Fe subs are with it (it's cool btw!)

This is a deeper argument for Ni sub than that superficial one I gave previously.
    Woof thought I was Fe sub as well. I thought I was Te for a bit, but my arguments are superficially Te, IMO.

Person A: Here are the facts.
    Me: Points to how facts are interpreted wrong
    Person A: more facts
    Me: Why are you mentioning these facts; you must be doing so to..

I don't come off as warm by default, especially when tired. It's a friendly, reticent yet disarming vibe until I'm comfortable. Then I'm like GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRLLLLL HEY Lol. I can come off as an airhead in these moments, but I'm just comfortable and trying to bring levity to people. I hate it when I can't read a person at all.

Sometimes I prod them with sticks to get reactions. I mean; I have made up shit completely just to get reactions (none here, tbh). I've pretended that I hate gays just to see how defensive and proud a gay person is (I'm gay). Or I adapt another persona a bit. Sometimes, I troll.

But I don't see being an Fe sub. These moments occur only when I'm high energy which takes a lot of rest/reclusion at first.

ty guys

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leakingdreams View Post
    Woof thought I was Fe sub as well. I thought I was Te for a bit, but my arguments are superficially Te, IMO.

Person A: Here are the facts.
    Me: Points to how facts are interpreted wrong
    Person A: more facts
    Me: Why are you mentioning these facts; you must be doing so to..
    This is Ti >>>> Te. I don't see why you thought this was Te valuing, lol... but really why? I'm curious to know your interpretation of this example.

Also,

Hmm I did that before I got into typology. Thought that was Te as well.
    Why?

Thought that was Te
    No, this isn't Te (or even Ti) in ego block at all.

And,

That's an issue I have. I can always seem to develop sound reasoning (to me) for a perspective being correct, so as a result, all perspectives are correct--it's all probabilistic.
    Seems very Ti + N again.

Interesting. I’m not quite sure what to make of this. What types of arguments are these? Can you give an example

- Opinions delivered in a stern and logical fashion. I tend to believe it for a second before deeming it bullshit later.
    Lol you are suggestible to the Ti a bit That's kinda cute the way you describe it

- Oh I thought I came off Te here with it being calculated to an extent.
    Calculated in what fashion..?

I don't come off as warm by default, especially when tired. It's a friendly, reticent yet disarming vibe until I'm comfortable. Then I'm like GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRLLLLL HEY Lol. I can come off as an airhead in these moments, but I'm just comfortable and trying to bring levity to people. I hate it when I can't read a person at all.
    Lol. I agree on the default vibe description. You still remind me of @Spider.