Working hard to make Americans realize.
    TIM
    EIE - ENFj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I Will Identify Your Real Type.

I was once known as yellowfever765 on previous Socionics threads, and I created two or three "I Want to Guess Your Type" threads in order to practice my typing skills as well as shed some clarity on those who are still yet confused.

To the point. I type people based on frequency of word choice - what comes out most when they're confident. "That man is behaving so horribly to his girlfriend" demonstrates one of the eight Information Elements - in this case, Introverted Ethics. I call this method of typing, Semantic Analysis.

If you are curious and would like to proceed (the results can be entirely private or expressed to the world - your call), send me a private message with one of two (or both) topics:

1) The best (or worst) experience you've ever had. If that's too deep for you, tell me every major event that happened in your life within the last day/week/month/year.

2) Who you are, who you aspire to become, your beliefs on ANYTHING (yes, I'm allowing the dreaded Politics category into this if it suits your fancy).

NOTES:
    *At least 5 sentences. Really put some effort into it. You can put on a mask and try to behave as someone you're not, but I am confident I will still find your type and be able to explain it clearly and distinctly.
    *Your opinion of me thorough the response and analysis I give you will vary, from those who are in shock to those who simply disbelieve the theory in general. It's understandable. However, out of respect for me and my reputation, it's my preference that you do not spread nasty things about me or what I'm doing. I'm simply doing what my name implies - bringing Socionics to America.

Thank you, and happy typing.
    Last edited by Socionics to America; 08-01-2015 at 06:13 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my friend Sweet Jay took me to that video arcade in town, right, and they don't speak English there, so Jay got into a fight and he's all, "Hey quit hasslin' me cuz' I don't speak French" or whatever! And then the guy said something in Paris talk, and I'm like, "Just back off!" And they're all, "Get out!" And we're like, "Make me!" It was cool.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I seriously doubt it. While it is generous to offer services for free, I think anyone who does it for free is only looking to get good enough through experience to such an extent that people would be willing to pay for the service. If people trust your typing, they will pay money for confirmation. But, that is under the assumption that there is a type to discover. It's odd how Jung believes we all came from a Collective Unconscious, yet each person is born as one of eight types(or sixteen) which do not seek unification toward the collective unconscious, but toward your opposite element and orientation. This is quite unlike the eastern mysticism Jung borrowed from, where one's spiritual goal was to become enlightened and seek unity with God. It was to discover not that you were any particular type of person or soul, but that you were a part of the mind of God.

With western psychoanalysis you need someone to accurately identify your type so you can work on self unification. Socionics focuses on match making, which is double/triple dipping. Not only do you need to correctly know your type, but you need to know that the person you think is your dual is correctly typed, and someone to link the two of you(a match made in heaven) because with Socionics, as opposed to Jung, unity is achieved through relating to a person that is seeking your dominant function, and you theirs. For Jung, this was an individual endeavor, done between the analyst and client, while Socionics is a bit more risque, a ménages à trois.

It is no coincidence that the Ni dominant, and only the Ni dominant has access to the collective unconscious. They are the Gnostics and it is only they who understand the Truth, and it is they who have access to the same revealed knowledge as Jung due to a secret mystic-optic cable that links the chosen one with the mystical realm of Jungland where the soul of Jung converses with Jesus until his Second Coming, where the faithful will be raised from the dead and ascend forever deep within Jung's eternal consciousness. Everyone else is just a wanna be.

I prefer a classless America, which Socionics does nothing to help.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    I seriously doubt it. While it is generous to offer services for free, I think anyone who does it for free is only looking to get good enough through experience to such an extent that people would be willing to pay for the service. If people trust your typing, they will pay money for confirmation. But, that is under the assumption that there is a type to discover. It's odd how Jung believes we all came from a Collective Unconscious, yet each person is born as one of eight types(or sixteen) which do not seek unification toward the collective unconscious, but toward your opposite element and orientation. This is quite unlike the eastern mysticism Jung borrowed from, where one's spiritual goal was to become enlightened and seek unity with God. It was to discover not that you were any particular type of person or soul, but that you were a part of the mind of God.

With western psychoanalysis you need someone to accurately identify your type so you can work on self unification. Socionics focuses on match making, which is double/triple dipping. Not only do you need to correctly know your type, but you need to know that the person you think is your dual is correctly typed, and someone to link the two of you(a match made in heaven) because with Socionics, as opposed to Jung, unity is achieved through relating to a person that is seeking your dominant function, and you theirs. For Jung, this was an individual endeavor, done between the analyst and client, while Socionics is a bit more risque, a ménages à trois.

It is no coincidence that the Ni dominant, and only the Ni dominant has access to the collective unconscious. They are the Gnostics and it is only they who understand the Truth, and it is they who have access to the same revealed knowledge as Jung due to a secret mystic-optic cable that links the chosen one with the mystical realm of Jungland where the soul of Jung converses with Jesus until his Second Coming, where the faithful will be raised from the dead and ascend forever deep within Jung's eternal consciousness. Everyone else is just a wanna be.
    I prefer a classless America, which Socionics does nothing to help.
    That was kind of beautiful.

I am very curious about the op's ability to type people on their word choices and writing style. I just used Watson to analyze what I had written in the spirituality thread. There are times when I cannot seem to place my words in the right order but other times when they just seem to flow. There is a thread about Watson somewhere here but it was posted a few months back. In general I get like the highest scores in the emotional category but now and then I will get low on emotional and high on intellect and imagination, so I dunno. I am curious to pit man against machine to see who is closest.

This was the result from the Watson analysis on my first post in the spirituality thread.

You are a bit compulsive, somewhat inconsiderate and skeptical. [I didn't think I was being inconsiderate but maybe]

You are fiery: you have a fiery temper, especially when things do not go your way. You are melancholy: you think quite often about the things you are unhappy about. And you are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time.

Your choices are driven by a desire for efficiency.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you.

Big 5

Openness 70%

Adventurousness 28%
    Artistic interests 0%
    Emotionality 76%
    Imagination 48%
    Intellect 56%
    Authority-challenging 93%

Conscientiousness 3%

Achievement striving 9%
    Cautiousness 29%
    Dutifulness 3%
    Orderliness 73%
    Self-discipline 0%
    Self-efficacy 8%

Extraversion 11%

Activity level 1%
    Assertiveness 17%
    Cheerfulness 11%
    Excitement-seeking 48%
    Outgoing 1%
    Gregariousness 3%

Agreeableness 9%

Altruism 1%
    Cooperation 21%
    Modesty 31%
    Uncompromising 14%
    Sympathy 97%
    Trust 7%

Emotional range 100%

Fiery 100%
    Prone to worry 97%
    Melancholy 100%
    Immoderation 88%
    Self-consciousness 98%
    Susceptible to stress 97%

Needs

Challenge 97%
    Closeness 86%
    Curiosity 94%
    Excitement 75%
    Harmony 100%
    Ideal 71%
    Liberty 78%
    Love 100%
    Practicality 100%
    Self-expression 34%
    Stability 82%
    Structure 91%

Values

Conservation 0%
    Openness to change 86%
    Hedonism 48%
    Self-enhancement 54%
    Self-transcendence 94%
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-01-2015 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its a great idea. Socionics is a reality, and its complex, and there are many ways to approach typing. He focuses on word choice. Only I would like to see this typing method in action, to understand it better. ("understanding" being my hidden agenda - perhaps that's the reason). Maybe he could post some of the details here, blocking out unnecessary or personal detail the person does not want to share, in order to show which phasing and word choices identify the types for him.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Enjoy I guess. 1) My father was drunk and visited me before my final school exam. I was angry and an ass due to that as it really wasnt helping me concentrate on the big day. Next day he died from cancer and I hate myself ever since for that day. 2) I used to be everything and nothing. A chameleon if you will. Now I am a leader of men that aspires to be a better leader of men. Quite recently I realized I enjoy leading not only due to what it brings to me as a result but also how I transform the life of people around me. Overall penis. I love my life and my main goal to be even better at it.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    That was kind of beautiful.

I am very curious about the op's ability to type people on their word choices and writing style. I just used Watson to analyze what I had written in the spirituality thread. There are times when I cannot seem to place my words in the right order but other times when they just seem to flow. There is a thread about Watson somewhere here but it was posted a few months back. In general I get like the highest scores in the emotional category but now and then I will get low on emotional and high on intellect and imagination, so I dunno. I am curious to pit man against machine to see who is closest.

This was the result from the Watson analysis on my first post in the spirituality thread.
    What the hell is Watson? To me it's a dr.Wilson of mr.Holmes...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    What the hell is Watson? To me it's a dr.Wilson of mr.Holmes...
    I will not spoil the surprise since the thrill is in the discovery!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's impossible to identify type correctly by such a few data.

If you want to bringing Socionics somewhere you need to get an objective proof of its theory and good accuracy of your methods. Another astrologic thing will change nothing.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socionics to America View Post
    I was once known as yellowfever765 on previous Socionics threads, and I created two or three "I Want to Guess Your Type" threads in order to practice my typing skills as well as shed some clarity on those who are still yet confused.

To the point. I type people based on frequency of word choice - what comes out most when they're confident. "That man is behaving so horribly to his girlfriend" demonstrates one of the eight Information Elements - in this case, Introverted Ethics. I call this method of typing, Semantic Analysis.

If you are curious and would like to proceed (the results can be entirely private or expressed to the world - your call), send me a private message with one of two (or both) topics:

1) The best (or worst) experience you've ever had. If that's too deep for you, tell me every major event that happened in your life within the last day/week/month/year.

2) Who you are, who you aspire to become, your beliefs on ANYTHING (yes, I'm allowing the dreaded Politics category into this if it suits your fancy).

NOTES:
    *At least 5 sentences. Really put some effort into it. You can put on a mask and try to behave as someone you're not, but I am confident I will still find your type and be able to explain it clearly and distinctly.
    *Your opinion of me thorough the response and analysis I give you will vary, from those who are in shock to those who simply disbelieve the theory in general. It's understandable. However, out of respect for me and my reputation, it's my preference that you do not spread nasty things about me or what I'm doing. I'm simply doing what my name implies - bringing Socionics to America.

Ok, let's see you dance!

1. Nothing that major happened to me tbh. The best thing that happened in last few months was when I went to the cinema again. Firstly I went to watch The Terminator: Genysis. It was actually good and I was pleasantly surprised by it after the pointless things that RoTM and, especially, Salvation were. The action was good and te lead cast was good-especially Arnie with those grins of his. Story was convoluted, but let's face it, the Terminator saga should've ended with the Termionator 2 anyhow. And that's exactly why you need to contrive the story with temporal...whatever. It was a very pleasurable experience to be certain.

Not long after that, I went again to the cinema to watch "Mediocre Max: The Fury Road". That movie was...just too MEDIOCRE!!! It was the most crazy thing I watched in a while and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED every single minute of it. Why? Because it was such a contrived, trite, MEDIOCRE crap. And insane to the Max! The story was actually good if you actually paid attention to it and its one of my most favourite themes: of redemption and of finding salvation even within wasteland. Cast was uhmm uhmm sexy and so very nicely cast. Tom actually inherited the role pretty nicely from Mel. It is a movie that I'd recommend to EVERYONE, whether you've heard / watched MM before or not. And we can't forget this MEDIOCRE thing:

dfd4fee8b212c100e10efb6efe77159a.jpg

2. Who am I? WHO AM I??? /cue Jackie Chan . Nah jk . I am who I am and I can't be anyone else neither would I want to be anyone else. Who I aspire to become? I aspire to find a job and then continue with my life. Eventually find a girl who suits me(and whom I suit) and have a family. But that's so far, far away it could be in another galaxy. And concerning my political opinions...let's not get into it shall we? Ok we shall. It's easy, but don't be assaulted by this please. Everyone that votes for GOP, that is Republicans...should be skewered like a pig and his children mutilated so as to stop the spread of bad genes. Voting for GOP is voting for Devil himself. For this shameless, unrestricted capitalism is a spawn of Devil himself. Pope Francis called it: "...a Devil's dung". And as it is with most things that good man does, so it is with this as well. Unrestricted capitalism should be abolished because it drains the very soul from a man. A man shouldn't just "work, eat, sleep, repeat", no matter what shameless idiots who should really get skewered like Trump or Jeb think. There is more to a man than his material worth...that reminded me of a thing my late dad used to say. "Today's America is more socialist than most former Socialist countries ever were, Marxistic too!". Is it Marxistic? Well...it is! Marx practically valued a man as much as he could produce and riddle me this: "Is that really so different from what Bush family stands for? Or, even better, the Donald?". The answer is obvious I think. A man should have freedom when outside of his job, but within reasons of course! For we don't need anarchy, do we? Even this fked up state of affairs is leagues better than anarchy lol. If people favoured more the idea of Distributism instead of WILD Capitalism...all'd be better! But, as always, that notion of Sartre's is sadly true, no matter how appaling it maybe: "Hell is other people". How can a devilspawn be defeated if unwashed masses worship it? ...it can't. Sadly.

...and not to mention how America fell from the grace it once had. From mighty industrious country that had strong beliefs it got watered down to...sex on the streets, wild parties, lack of morale and wild capitalism. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO USA??? Whatever happened to that maxim "you can do everything as long as you keep trying", that was SO REMINISCENT of the American way of thinking??? What...? It got replaced with rowdy sex and neck n tie? Why and what the...god blind me! I give up!

That's everything you may need.

edit: to any GOP voters, if any present, no sorry is given and go eat a dump of horseshit!

TIM
    EIE - ENFj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all, really sorry about the huge delay, had difficulties with account login but I'm back. Expect a response to your posts between 1-3 days. Thank you guys big time for your interest!!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post
    Ok. Enjoy I guess. 1) My father was drunk and visited me before my final school exam. I was angry and an ass due to that as it really wasnt helping me concentrate on the big day. Next day he died from cancer and I hate myself ever since for that day.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EIE - ENFj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Well my friend Sweet Jay took me to that video arcade in town, right, and they don't speak English there, so Jay got into a fight and he's all, "Hey quit hasslin' me cuz' I don't speak French" or whatever! And then the guy said something in Paris talk, and I'm like, "Just back off!" And they're all, "Get out!" And we're like, "Make me!" It was cool.
    Soo what happened after that, did they surrender?

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all, really sorry about the huge delay, had difficulties with account login but I'm back. Expect a response to your posts between 1-3 days. Thank you guys big time for your interest!!
    Ok, let me paraphrase gen.Townes:

"I can't wait to see this crazy result of yours!"

...yeah, ok .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    It's impossible to identify type correctly by such a few data.

If you want to bringing Socionics somewhere you need to get an objective proof of its theory and good accuracy of your methods. Another astrologic thing will change nothing.
    Yes MR Holmes lol You gotta read shelock holes starting withA study in Scarlet. l
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You gotta read shelock holes starting with A study in Scarlet.
    I read something of Conan Doyle in school times. Rather boring. Maybe bad translation.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You can read English. I think that would be best
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...about that...how's it coming along?

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

NOTES:

Ok, Challenge Accepted.

Best and worst experience? Well, I'd say it was when I got laid and had a relationshit a single mother chick. She took my virginity she did and she did it right, straight up asked me to fuck her because she thought I was interesting. The relationship got me to seriously get into this stuff as well as "game" theory so I could find out how and why she just ghosted my ass after I made a faux pas in an e-mail conversation with her (she had previously ghosted me for over a year until I found her again on social media, go former creeper idiot me). Thankful it was just a ghosting I got for my error, girls like that have a tendency to get violent and/or ruin lives with their bullshit. I'm glad I made the "mistake" of hooking up with a girl like that though, served as further confirmation of theory and motivation to find a girl who'll never treat me like that again by not falling for her beauty and kind words like the sucker I was.

Who I am? Well, when I'm full of myself I call myself "Caucasadamus" because I can see the future! Tell me what's going on and I can tell you what's really going on and where the story ends. Politics? Saw it coming. They're just a bunch of puppets anyway, and the puppeteers? Oh god, the average mind, it couldn't handle it. Imagine the most vile sort of behavior you can, the absolute worst thing you could do to another person. Yeah, they did that and had an orgasm while doing it. That's your leaders people, that's who runs the show. No, I misstated it, those are your owners.

Makes sense now that ya think about it, doesn't it? All the wars, all the death and destruction, the rampant corruption, all the evils of the world you see on the evening news (and the news they don't want you to see), perfectly logical. World is run by the most vile psychopaths imaginable, swallow that load down your gullet and accept it. For that is what always happens, the worst rise to the top, the best get shot and die in a ditch. Deep down, you're the same too. Imagine, ultimate power, unlimited wealth, all for the small minuscule cost of everything that makes you a good person. If one is spiritual in inclination you could say your soul is the cost paid.

And it's a reasonable offer, you don't know if you even have a soul or if there's even a God to judge you for certain. Say we add to this your family, so poor, dysfunctional, and sick. Take the deal and you'll have the resources necessary to make them rich, functional, and well in body and mind (so long as they don't know the truth about how and why that "manna from heaven" happened to grace them). Thinking logically, who wouldn't take the offer in that situation? Only an utterly irrational person or moral fanatic would say no. It's just one life you're destroying for it all, even a few dozen doesn't matter, there's billions of people in the world, so what if you violate a few dozen for power and money beyond the dreams of any reasonable person? That's reality, that's who most people are in the dark. It's sad and I hate that, but that's how it is. One must learn how to deal with it and hopefully work towards a world where that is no longer the truth. A world where there is true justice, a world of smiles and happy endings where we can all just be ourselves so long as we don't harm another person with unwarranted violence and have our own happy endings that we truly desired from the very pits of our souls.

It's sappy, it's unrealistic, and in a way it kinda makes me vomit, but that's what I'd like. I want a better world, a happier world where those psychopaths either repent or get what's coming to them. I'd like to see it happen, but somehow I just know better. The world is shit, deal with it or die, those are your only options.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

OK. I hope you are not biased by the type shown in profile.

1) Picking an event from this year:
    Earlier this year I arranged to go to Paris for the first time in my life taking my, hm, say, best friend with me. The entire situation, all the circumstances were really surreal to me for reasons too many to list here. It was cool though, we went around the city for a few days and it was just the two of us looking around a lot. Beautiful sceneries and things, places, wanderings with fun navigation tasks mixed in all come up in my mind. I had one responsibility in mind, I wanted to make things as good for her as possible and that worked out.

2) I'll just copypaste from my type thread:
    I'm not religious whatsoever but I sometimes have this abstract wondering state that's kind of spiritual. As to the "why", no reason honestly. I just get into this mind state sometimes. If I tried to make this more concrete, I would say it's worship of the world as it exists. If you want to put it into a category, it's a sort of pantheism, most like the monist physicalist kind but only because of my natural skepticism about anything beyond matter, it'd be nice otherwise to think about other stuff (like, if there is a special consciousness or whatever, etc).

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think OP did a pretty good job. I've sent him a pm with a short text about topic #2 and he proposed INTj. Judging from how little he knows about me, this is a solid guess. He gave a good explanation, too. Also, a bunch of people from this forum and other places think I'm INTj, so it's a good typing.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    I think OP did a pretty good job. I've sent him a pm with a short text about topic #2 and he proposed INTj. Judging from how little he knows about me, this is a solid guess. He gave a good explanation, too. Also, a bunch of people from this forum and other places think I'm INTj, so it's a good typing.
    It would be real nice if he actually answered some of these. Or he'll have a lot to do and most likely get dissatisfied and give up. Ah well.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be real nice if he actually answered some of these. Or he'll have a lot to do and most likely get dissatisfied and give up. Ah well.
    I wrote the pm almost immediately after I saw the thread and my result took a while as well. He might come around answering the others, too.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ni has it's own perception of time. It's more fluid, malleable, non linear, or something like that. I just remind myself of that when dealing with people who have base or creative Ni. Not sure about EIE but this stuff cannot be forced. I have to wait for the "knowing". It is also a sense of doing things at the "right time" for me.

YWIMW

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well recently one of the worst experiences I’ve recently had was my frustration with the job search. I’m working part-time, on-call and I’m trying to find a full-time position in my field (librarianship) that will also offer me greater challenges and opportunites than I can get in my current position. I’ve worked part-time as a librarian for library system X for several years now and full-time librarian positions were posted a few months ago for where I work.

Well, I failed to get even an interview. I was absolutely crushed and felt like my dignity was being stripped away. I worked for a long time and worked hard and it’s like I’m just totally being passed over in favor of people with less experience. I felt it was very unfair. I gave it my all on the application, even went beyond what was expected, submitted samples of my work, and took the time to get some candid feedback on my application before submitting it because it was so important to me.

So I called HR and asked for feedback. This wasn’t the first time I’ve been denied an interview in this library system that I’m currently working at for gods sake. Why do I keep getting overlooked? I feel like no one is giving me the concrete feedback I need. Instead, I get vague statements like ‘the other candidates were a better fit’ or ‘they have more experience in area Z’ blah, blah, blah. What I am supposed to do with that kind of information?

If there’s anything that bothers me most, it’s not being told the real reason *why* If there is a good reason, I can live with it and move on. I may still be disappointed but at least I know why and I can improve for next time and feel some hope for the future.

On the other hand, I did get a job offer a couple months ago for another part-time on-call position. Not exactly what I had in mind but sometimes you just have to take the opportunity while still holding out for something better. It turns out though I really like this new job. I feel appreciated for what I do. I feel like I have a clear sense of what’s expected of me and yet I have the freedom to take on new projects as I see fit. There are more opportunities for growth in this position, even for part-timers compared to the other position. My other part-time job, I do not feel particularly appreciated, nor am I always clear what’s expected of me. I thought I was doing well and then I get an evaluation from my manager that says otherwise.

In order to feel good about myself, I need to feel competent in what I do and feel like I bring some value to others. I don’t want to just be mediocre, unappreciated, and forgotten. But I often feel this way because I tend to be rather modest and sometimes downplay my abilities and don’t self-promote much or put myself out there.

Other events of significance in the past year:
    My nephew was born. It’s my first nephew. I don’t have any kids of my own and don’t really want any. Having a nephew is like having your cake and eating it too because I get to observe and interact with him and watch him grow and develop and yet because he is not my child, I’m not tied down with all of the child rearing.

My family and I took a vacation where we drove around Lake Superior. Basically, lots of beautiful scenery and just nice to be able to relax and get away for a few days.

From the purely scientific standpoint, I am merely a conglomeration of atoms and molecules with DNA coded a particular way. From a more psychological standpoint, my identity is shaped both by nature and nurture.

Some qualities about me that seem to stand out:
    My intellectual interest and curiosity
    My deep level of introspection
    I think people tend to see me first as an intelligent, rational being, at least that’s what stands out most on first glance. But really, I have a strong emotional side as well. I often feel quite vulnerable emotionally but that’s not always apparent
    I am quite introverted and need a lot of time to myself to just think and reflect on things. Yet, sometimes I can pass for extraverted with people who don’t know me well.
    I have a very strong sense of fairness and integrity
    I love humor and making fun of the absurdities in life
    I hate conflict and strife but sometimes it’s necessary and can’t be avoided
    I appear quite easygoing and flexible and for the most part I am but I have strong principles about some things and if those are violated than watch out

I aspire to learn all I can about the areas of interest to me. I want to live my life to the fullest since you only get one chance at life so make it the best it can be. I would like to do something of significance that betters the world and be remembered for that. I’m not exactly sure what that thing of significance entails though. Basically, when I die, I don’t want just fade away into oblivion. I want to be remembered, leave some legacy behind, leave the world in a better place in some way.

My political beliefs tend to be quite liberal. I believe strongly in the rights of gays to marry, marijuana should be legalized, separation of church and state, freedom of speech. I also think if people want to immigrate into the United States they should be allowed to do so and we try to integrate them into society rather than casting them out. Some people from other countries live insufferable life conditions. They should be given the chance to escape that.

Also, I think prisoners should be treated more humanely, which I don’t see too many people advocating for. Even though they committed a crime, sometimes heinous crimes, they are still fundamentally human beings. If possible, try to integrate them back into society. Improve living conditions in the prisons, including the maximum security ones. No more solitary confinement 23 hours a day with no seeing the sunlight.

I don't advocate communism but I would like to see something closer to economic equality. You've got people like athletes and movie stars making multi-millions, more money than they would ever know what to do with. Then you have people who cannot make basic ends meet. Its not very fair.

Religiously I’m agnostic. I was raised Catholic but I seriously questioned religion when I wrestled with thoughts such as there are thousands of different religions and how can they all be right at the same time? I could be doing perfect good in one religion and be a total sinner in another. Also, why is it that bad things happen to good people? Why do some people endure such constant hardships and suffering in life and they did nothing to deserve that? While other people who sin and do wrong things get away with it and don’t experience all that suffering? If God was a loving God, would God let things like war and famine happen?

So I’m quite ambivalent as to whether or not there is a God or even some higher power but I’m not totally closed to the idea either. I would like to think there is some sort of higher power or purpose to our existence but I also know there is no solid evidence to suggest that.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP