Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47

Thread: EIEs-ENFjs enneagram type 4s: do they exist?

  1. #1
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    NF
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default EIEs-ENFjs enneagram type 4s: do they exist?

    Do EIE 4s exist, or is it just an old myth that's never really been put into life?
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-1w9
    Hyper introverted extrovert
    Melancholic

  2. #2
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought the whole stereotype of EIEs was some heart-based enneagram? Frankly, if to the best of your knowledge you've identified one, then to the best of your knowledge they exist.
    Reason is a whore.

  3. #3
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    NF
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    I thought the whole stereotype of EIEs was some heart-based enneagram? Frankly, if to the best of your knowledge you've identified one, then to the best of your knowledge they exist.
    The stereotype is much closer to ennea 3 or 2 though.
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-1w9
    Hyper introverted extrovert
    Melancholic

  4. #4
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    The ones I know are more like 7s with 3 or 4 in tritype.

    Edit: One other thing is that the two I have been closest to were both sx/so which might be why I lean toward 7 core for them so either could be 3 or 4 core.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  5. #5
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well I'm 3w4, but I can most definitely see a 4 EIE. They'd definitely be quirkier, weirder, less image conscious than I am..

    Fay, I love your avatar picture btw. So Beta NF haha


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  6. #6
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    NF
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Well I'm 3w4, but I can most definitely see a 4 EIE. They'd definitely be quirkier, weirder, less image conscious than I am..

    Fay, I love your avatar picture btw. So Beta NF haha
    aww, thanks I really like your avi too!

    I think most of the EIEs are 3s or maybe 2s. I see 4 to be rare for this type, though I might be wrong, it's still imagine oriented and emotionally heavy which is all in tune with Fe+Ni, only the emphasis it puts on individuality and identity is kind of in constrast with Fe imo... I have a hard time seeing myself as Fe user, even though a lot of people do see me like one, because of that identity vs. image thing.
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-1w9
    Hyper introverted extrovert
    Melancholic

  7. #7
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    NF
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The ones I know are more like 7s with 3 or 4 in tritype.

    Edit: One other thing is that the two I have been closest to were both sx/so which might be why I lean toward 7 core for them so either could be 3 or 4 core.
    7 core? really? I see this hard to believe, 7 reminds me mostly on Ne ego.
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-1w9
    Hyper introverted extrovert
    Melancholic

  8. #8
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    7 core? really? I see this hard to believe, 7 reminds me mostly on Ne ego.
    Yeah, it could be that I am getting confused by their sx/so-ness. 7 in their tritype for sure.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  9. #9
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    NF
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't want to seem like an arguing pain in the ass, but Ni is more 6 enna wise that 7 imo... I think ST betas can easily be 7s , but NF betas are far closer to 6s... At least that's how I think of the whole ennea/quadra thing.
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-1w9
    Hyper introverted extrovert
    Melancholic

  10. #10
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    519
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think 4s are generally more self conscious and would internalize their emotions more than a typical EIE would.. of course it's theoretically possible but I can't think of anybody I've typed as EIE 4. If they're a 4 they're probably IEI

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,085
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Most probably whole enneagram is a myth.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  12. #12
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't establish direct correlations between enneagrams and IEs, there are higher probabilities for some combinations than others but imo not enough to make them into solid rules (yet?)

    Thinking of it I do know one EIE e4. They're indeed not socially extraverted, more prone to sitting on the sidelines, feeling out of place, and zero-ing in on people (influenced by likely sx-dom.) However they do selectively show high and wide-ranging emotionality. They dress in a noticeably dramatic and unusual style and have a long history of imagining themselves as characters in various stories or worlds, which leads to trying best as they can to act as in they were a part of those worlds.
    Reason is a whore.

  13. #13
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah i don't see e4 necessarily correlating with Ni (though it obviously does with IEI). an LIE 4 sounds incredibly strange and unlikely, for example.

  14. #14
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,786
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    The relationship between enneagram and sociotypes hasn't ever been elucidated, but from personal experience of typing a whole bunch of ppl I haven't found a single EIE 4 in all these years. And while this doesn't prove that this combination is impossible, by this time I think that it's very very rare to say the least. Most of the EIEs who superficially seemed to be 4s at closer inspection turned out to be 3w4s putting their 4 wing to creative use, 6w7/7w6s inclined to artistic expression, and at times even 9s who were emulating the "undisciplined extravagance" associated with type 4.

    In one Big5/Enneagram study conducted by the Enneagram Institute Type 4 correlated negatively with extraversion:

     


  15. #15
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,525
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is some data from this forum, fwiw. See Subteigh's post #102.

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-part-II/page3

  16. #16
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Here is some data from this forum, fwiw. See Subteigh's post #102.

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-part-II/page3
    SubT did a great job with the statistics, based on the information available at the time, but keep in mind that some of those people may have changed socionics, instincts, and/or enneagram self-typings (several times over) since it was posted.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  17. #17
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,525
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    SubT did a great job with the statistics, based on the information available at the time, but keep in mind that some of those people may have changed socionics, instincts, and/or enneagram self-typings (several times over) since it was posted.
    Yes, changing one's type or enneagram typing does seem to happen a lot. (I always expect to see jitter in real-world data.) However, the data is very interesting as an indicator, if not a definition. For example, IEI's tend to be e4's, SLI's and ILI's and LSI's tend to be e5's, ESI's seem to be e6's, LIE's tend to be e8's, and ILE's are all over the map. This corresponds well with my own experience. Beyond that, though, all is shrouded in mist. The definitional lens is sharp only in some places.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Do EIE 4s exist, or is it just an old myth that's never really been put into life?
    I know a couple, yes. They are clearly different from the other EIEs I know that are of different enneatypes.


    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    The relationship between enneagram and sociotypes hasn't ever been elucidated, but from personal experience of typing a whole bunch of ppl I haven't found a single EIE 4 in all these years. And while this doesn't prove that this combination is impossible, by this time I think that it's very very rare to say the least. Most of the EIEs who superficially seemed to be 4s at closer inspection turned out to be 3w4s putting their 4 wing to creative use, 6w7/7w6s inclined to artistic expression, and at times even 9s who were emulating the "undisciplined extravagance" associated with type 4.
    The ones I know are definitely not core 3's.


    In one Big5/Enneagram study conducted by the Enneagram Institute Type 4 correlated negatively with extraversion:
    That -0.27 is hardly even significant and doesn't at all exclude the possibility of EIE 4's existing.

  19. #19
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is how i'm interpreting the data in the Enneagram/Big 5 table (and i'm not sure i'm doing it correctly): assuming a normal distribution, a z-score of -0.27 calculates to about 39% probability (p = 0.39358). so that would mean there's a 39% chance that people who are Type 4 will also be Extraverted, and a 61% chance that they will score low on Extraversion (i.e. are Introverted).

    another example: Type 1's Conscientious z-score = 0.66, calculating to about 75% probability (p = 0.745373), meaning there is a 75% probability that Type 1s are Conscientious, and a 25% probability that they score low on this trait.

    i think these examples make sense for the respective types. but could someone who knows how to interpret statistical data verify if this is correct?

    z-score to cumulative probability calculator: http://sampson.byu.edu/courses/z2p2z-calculator.html

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    this is how i'm interpreting the data in the Enneagram/Big 5 table (...)
    I think it's more like the average E1 is more conscientious than 75% of the population

    Same for the E4 stuff, of course this is an average score, and it's not crazy strong so some E4's can very well be at least somewhat extraverted.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's worth asking the difference between intro*spection* and introversion. My understanding is a lot of E4s are yes, due to the proximity of E5 on the symbol, influenced by a sense of unrelatedness to the outside and so on, leading them to more likely conceptualize answers to standard feeling triad questions e.g. "what is my value/significance" using a mining for their most authentic self (as opposed to seeking admiration).

    Overall this falls more into the introspection category than introversion, albeit the former is related to the latter, just far from one-to-one.

    If I had to be restrictive about what sociotype tends to or tends to not be a certain Jungian type, I'd say it's E5 that strikes me as most likely to have an introverted Jungian outlook, and that any such claims about E4 are merely derivative of this one. Note, of course, that this does depend on which of the many enneatype versions we're using.

    Second remark is that sociotype is recording only core informational philosophy relevant to the ego, whereas Big 5 is surveying many facets, some not very related to cognitive philosophy (in fact, which ones are tested differs across inventory, so there's truly nothing exact, just statistical) of their version of extroversion. It's quite conceivable various instances of types like ILE or EIE for one thing are not extroverted in the Big 5 inventory.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For example, Einstein maybe. I tend to think he's typed as an introvert in the more statistically based instruments, but isn't he generally typed ILE?

  23. #23
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chemical View Post
    For example, Einstein maybe. I tend to think he's typed as an introvert in the more statistically based instruments, but isn't he generally typed ILE?
    He's an MBTI INTP and a socionics ILE. I see no reason to doubt that.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  24. #24
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think EIEs can certainly be enneagram 4's. I think 4w3 would somewhat be more likely and EIE-Ni would somewhat be more likely to be type 4 than the Fe subtype.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  25. #25
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    He's an MBTI INTP and a socionics ILE. I see no reason to doubt that.
    Are you saying only an alpha would sport that hair?

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  26. #26
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Are you saying only an alpha would sport that hair?
    Yes.

    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  27. #27
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Yes.

    Beta style




    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  28. #28
    SpreeFirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    right here bubba
    eie 4w5

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know one and enneagram 4w5, Ni subtype.
    He's so introverted and it's like what have been said, they internalize their emotions more than the EIE enneagram 3.
    He doesn't care about his appearence at all, He's also smart, artistic, calm and collected but there are times when he will create a scene and be dramatic.
    He lives in isolation, very mistrustful of people but suprisingly he is very well liked by people.
    I typed him IEI at first, as the only obvious function is Ni. But after knowing about the tempermants and all, I considered EIE.
    But they sure are rare than other enneagrams.

  30. #30
    Fembot Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Posts
    6,528
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    No.

    Never met one before.

    Type 4 is af.
    Ignoring and Type 4 makes no sense whatsoever.

    Type 4s are: ExI, IEE-Fi, IEI
    4w5-9w1-5w6 So/Sx

    My typing blog [x]
    My theory blog [x]
    My tumblr blog [x]
    My film blog [x]
    Discord [x]


  31. #31
    lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4-5/6-9 so/sx
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i know one EIE 4w5 sp/sx closely. i'm sure i've met 4w3 EIEs before, too.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    No.

    Never met one before.

    Type 4 is af.
    Ignoring and Type 4 makes no sense whatsoever.

    Type 4s are: ExI, IEE-Fi, IEI
    Lol no type 4 is not Fi. Fi is Static judgments on feeling relationships. Type 4 can be Dynamic emotionality fine.

  33. #33
    sorrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    TIM
    ESE- Fe 4w3
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm an ESE type 4, and was professionally typed. I think any of the feelers can be an E4.
    However, I have never met an EIE E4. Many EIE 3w4s though.
    I don't see why an Fe lead cannot be an E4? It is a feeling/heart/shame type.
    Maybe someone can explain why an EIE or ESE could not be a 4....

    All that said most E4s I know are IEIs and EIIs.
    “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.”



  34. #34
    Fembot Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Posts
    6,528
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type 4 is about endless self introspection, trying to constantly define how they personally feel about things at unhealthy levels. That's pretty Fi. Fi can include static relationship dynamics, but reducing it to that is foolish due to its limitations. Type 4s often have elitist tastes and personal views and opinions on things, in a manner that is also more typical of Fi than Fe. Fi is about internal static attitudes, whereas Fe is much more about impacting and maneuvering the emotional atmosphere of others. Someone who's Fi ignoring, personal static attitudes ignoring... how are they Type 4. I suppose you could argue for the potentiality of such a combo, because it's not as ridiculous as SEE 5... But still. Well again, never met an EIE 4 before, and likely never will. Same for ESE 4 for that matter.

    If Fi wasn't a crucial factor, what else? Ni? In that case, Gamma NTs could be Type 4 too. I've never met a Logical type 4 however, and that makes even less sense than an EIE 4.

    At the end of the day, Type 4 is characterized by strong Fi (not ignoring) and Ni to some extent. At least that has been my experience when typing people, and it makes sense to me when I read the descriptions.

    P.S.: Theoretically an SEI should be able to be Type 4 because of strong dem Fi, no? The crux here seems to be the lack of Ni HA and lack of strong intuition in general. There are no type 4s in the Alpha quadra. This also correlates with the overall impression of Alpha being a "light" quadra etc. 4s exist in every quadra but Alpha. I thought that was an interesting finding.
    4w5-9w1-5w6 So/Sx

    My typing blog [x]
    My theory blog [x]
    My tumblr blog [x]
    My film blog [x]
    Discord [x]


  35. #35
    lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4-5/6-9 so/sx
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    P.S.: Theoretically an SEI should be able to be Type 4 because of strong dem Fi, no? The crux here seems to be the lack of Ni HA and lack of strong intuition in general. There are no type 4s in the Alpha quadra. This also correlates with the overall impression of Alpha being a "light" quadra etc. 4s exist in every quadra but Alpha. I thought that was an interesting finding.
    they exist. SEI e4 isn't even that uncommon ...

  36. #36
    Fembot Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Posts
    6,528
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    they exist. SEI e4 isn't even that uncommon ...
    In my experience, ESI 4 exists, but not SEI 4.

    4s either value Fi and/or Ni, ime.
    4w5-9w1-5w6 So/Sx

    My typing blog [x]
    My theory blog [x]
    My tumblr blog [x]
    My film blog [x]
    Discord [x]


  37. #37

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Type 4 is about endless self introspection, trying to constantly define how they personally feel about things at unhealthy levels. That's pretty Fi. Fi can include static relationship dynamics, but reducing it to that is foolish due to its limitations. Type 4s often have elitist tastes and personal views and opinions on things, in a manner that is also more typical of Fi than Fe. Fi is about internal static attitudes, whereas Fe is much more about impacting and maneuvering the emotional atmosphere of others. Someone who's Fi ignoring, personal static attitudes ignoring... how are they Type 4. I suppose you could argue for the potentiality of such a combo, because it's not as ridiculous as SEE 5... But still. Well again, never met an EIE 4 before, and likely never will. Same for ESE 4 for that matter.

    If Fi wasn't a crucial factor, what else? Ni? In that case, Gamma NTs could be Type 4 too. I've never met a Logical type 4 however, and that makes even less sense than an EIE 4.

    At the end of the day, Type 4 is characterized by strong Fi (not ignoring) and Ni to some extent. At least that has been my experience when typing people, and it makes sense to me when I read the descriptions.
    The crucial factor is simply Feeling, not Fi. So yeah, no, Logical types aren't going to be 4.

    What limitations do you see with seeing Fi as Static attitudes? You yourself say the same. Where I said "feeling relationships" I meant the feelings themselves, the attitudes, in terms of how they relate to each other (so relationships between them).

    I've seen EIE 4 but I think I already posted that here


    P.S.: Theoretically an SEI should be able to be Type 4 because of strong dem Fi, no? The crux here seems to be the lack of Ni HA and lack of strong intuition in general. There are no type 4s in the Alpha quadra. This also correlates with the overall impression of Alpha being a "light" quadra etc. 4s exist in every quadra but Alpha. I thought that was an interesting finding.
    You assume too much about the motivational-emotional patterns of Enneagram types based on the simplistic Socionics model on information processing side of cognition. There are some links between the two but unfortunately it's not this absolute in many cases because the aspects of information processing that Socionics cover are far from the complete picture in terms of explanatory power for the motivational-emotional side of things. So. Type 4 doesn't really need Intuition, just Feeling (this does seem like an absolute link because there is a match definitionally), though very strong focus on Se would go against it (not entirely sure if it would always exclude type 4 motivations tho').

  38. #38
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    In my experience, ESI 4 exists, but not SEI 4.

    4s either value Fi and/or Ni, ime.
    I gave you an example of an SEI 4 in Melanie Lynskey some time back, when I thought she reminded me of the way you come across in picture/video. You can argue against that typing for her if you'd like, but there are numerous others.

    Quote Originally Posted by the enneagram institute
    Key Motivations: Want to express themselves and their individuality, to create and surround themselves with beauty, to maintain certain moods and feelings, to withdraw to protect their self-image, to take care of emotional needs before attending to anything else, to attract a "rescuer."
    That looks more like Si, Fe, and Fi to me. . . . and SEIs, EIIs, IEIs could all fit that easily.

  39. #39
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    No.

    Never met one before.

    Type 4 is af.
    Ignoring and Type 4 makes no sense whatsoever.

    Type 4s are: ExI, IEE-Fi, IEI
    IEE are Ni ignoring and Fi creative, so by your stance that 4's should be strong in Fi and Ni and EIE can't be 4's because they are Fi ignoring (though they are still Ni creative), why would you say IEE could potentially be 4's and not EIE?
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    May 2017
    TIM
    LIE
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Crazedrat is an EIE E4. Ask him. And LIE E4 exist too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •