Thread: Dr. James Fallon (the psychopath neuroscientist)

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Se are psychopaths

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE, I think.
    SLEs are latent psychopaths from birth? Just joking. Or am I? It is interesting to know how someone becomes a psychopath. I know one SLE loner but he is totally pro social. Then there is one SLE who is totally going down that road and there is one who nearly killed his grand father with bomb. Activation from early childhood? Can IEI/SLE give me an insight on this? What makes them go progressively awry? Ni seeking and never getting it early on?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychopaths seem to be born that way from everything I've read. What's scary is that they're often attracted to positions that give them great power over people such as being judges, lawyers, police, CEOs, medical professionals, and politicians. They basically gravitate to all of the places where you have to trust people with your life and future.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So, the code itself was arbitrary? I mean, if you had been raised under a different system, would that have become your ideal?You know, there’s one psychiatrist I spent time with in India. She goes, “Jim, you’re actually a natural Buddhist. The type of empathy you have is not for people, but for mankind. That’s very Buddhist.” I think if I had been brought up in the Buddhist system, it might’ve been even easier.

like the Norwegian shooter Breivik. If you read his manifesto, he was quite sane.

Not a psychopath?

Not quite a psychopath. He had empathy, but he had a vision. The problem is, that’s the equivalent of what Gandhi had, what Mother Teresa had, what Mandela had. They really believed that they were going to fix the world, even if they had to walk over people to do it. They knew that it comes with a price. To save the children of the world, Mother Teresa would walk over people. Gandhi walked over his family all the time, so did Mandela. To them, what they were doing was good, even though in a local way they were just doing brutal things—things that would be considered psychopathic. But it’s just a different kind of empathy.
    I have thought about this before. Empathy for mankind. Is that usual ST+NF stance? SF+NT empathy is more individually based? Boils down to aristocracy vs democracy quadras.
    Yes, humanity as a whole sucks while individuals are much more important to me.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 08-06-2015 at 02:34 PM.

apparently he presents the ''psychopath's brain'' more like a state of potentiality (as in, the ability to come up with schemes of thought and agendas) and less so like full blown sociopathy that has taken over (he is an example, or is he??). i don't think he really thinks of it as a psychopath's brain, although it was handy for getting publicity. he looks like galifianakis and a cool hangout

'' his awesome childhood and the fact that he was incredibly OCD about being the perfect catholic boy while growing up'' <---manipulation / agenda to turn himself into oprah material
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 08-06-2015 at 03:01 PM. Reason: will get back with more input after i see the video

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks @Starfall, that was a really fascinating interview!!

To put in my own two cents, I think there should be a distinction between personality type and psychopathy/personality disorders/psychiatric phenomena. In other words, people of any type can be "psychopathic" and/or have psychiatric illness, although how it manifests might be type related.

I could potentially see how psychopaths might type themselves into an Fi-POLR or Fe-POLR type though, on the basis of their recognition of their own lack of empathy, or more amateurish socionic typers might type such people in this way on that basis, but in my opinion, this is not a type related thing, nor indicative of what Fi-POLR or Fe-POLR are meant to represent.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xLE-Pe by Pe I mean both enhanced Se and Ne. SLE>ILE

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)