View Poll Results: What type is Angelina Jolie?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • (ILE) ENTp

1 4.55%
  • (SEI) ISFp

3 13.64%
  • (ESE) ESFj

0 0%
  • (LII) INTj

0 0%
  • (SLE) ESTp

4 18.18%
  • (IEI) INFp

0 0%
  • (EIE) ENFj

3 13.64%
  • (LSI) ISTj

1 4.55%
  • (SEE) ESFp

0 0%
  • (ILI) INTp

1 4.55%
  • (LIE) ENTj

0 0%
  • (ESI) ISFj

4 18.18%
  • (IEE) ENFp

0 0%
  • (SLI) ISTp

3 13.64%
  • (LSE) ESTj

0 0%
  • (EII) INFj

2 9.09%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Okay.. after watching those two videos - there is no doubt in my mind about her being IEI now.

How can she even be considered an ISTp? Clearly there is NO PoLR... she is very, VERY expressive, easily cries, easily smiles. Not leading however.. creative makes sense. I just see it. INFp.
    She isn't really that expressive, she is emotional, but not expressive. She doesn't modulate her voice for the audience or act up in anyway, things I would expect from a type.

In this video:
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLrQpxIHuOM[/youtube]

She doesn't have a scene setting pre-story set up, she doesn't try and get the audience into the story. Her voice is quite monotone throughout the whole interview. She doesn't seem to related to anyone (audience or the interviewer) which I'm guessing is anti-ethical.

Not crying easily and smiling easily is unrelated to PoLR IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She isn't really that expressive, she is emotional, but not expressive. She doesn't modulate her voice for the audience or act up in anyway, things I would expect from a Extraverted Feeling type.
    That doesn't mean she's not an type. It just means she might not be extroverted. Many INFps are muted and calm around other people, especially strangers. Only when they're around close friends do they display their strong emotionality and effusiveness. You seem to be stereotyping types as melodramatics whose emotions are only external and superficial, and this is just not the case, especially with introverts.

Her voice is quite monotone throughout the whole interview.
    Once again, could be related to introversion. I speak in a monotone voice - does that not make me INFp?

For those who scream about Fe, you have to keep in mind that she's an actress. Tracy Pollan (wife of Michael J. Fox, ENFp) is an ISTp actress and she doesn't look as "cold" as the stereotypes suggest.
    INFps and ISTps can look very similar from the outside; we do share the same functions (albeit in a different order), after all. And we're not saying that ISTps are cold - what we're saying is that they're not as abstract or introspective as INFps because they're firmly rooted in reality and the present moment. AJ's seems like she spends a good deal of time just reflecting.

In spite of all this, I will admit that there's only so much we can ascertain about a stranger's personality from looking at a video, because, as electric and Mikemex said earlier, people don't always reveal their true selves. But for the sake of this conversation, I will maintain that she's INFp, because she just fits the profile so damn strongly.
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep coming back to Jolie and wondering if there aren't some other possibilities for her type. I didn't watch any of her earlier movies until recently, and my first impressions of her were from Alexander. During the movie I thought she was SEE, and I keep reconsidering that version. The has a high level of testosterone -- broad shoulders, husky voice, and likes kick-butt roles.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broad shoulders? Husky voice? High level of testosterone? Are you kidding me? The woman is a barbie doll, for gosh sakes; look at her during interviews. Just because she isn't Hilary Duff doesn't mean she's a masculine female.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUeEqtMjoo[/youtube]

And another, where she is serious:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKKDNl9zeZI&mode=related&search=[/youtube]
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I saw the interviews. She's not masculine; she has a very refined, elegant way of carrying herself and a very feminine laugh. I can't believe I'm actually debating this with someone. The rest of the world disagrees with you, Rick.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    Yep, I saw the interviews. She's not masculine; she has a very refined, elegant way of carrying herself and a very feminine laugh. I can't believe I'm actually debating this with someone. The rest of the world disagrees with you, Rick.
    I posted the videos for typing purposes, not to try to prove that she is masculine (I didn't say she was masculine, either). But her voice is rather low and husky, and her shoulder-to-hip ratio is higher than most women, and she is action-oriented -- in addition to being feminine and elegant.

These things might be related to a somewhat higher than average testosterone level. Maybe that's too flimsy of a statement to make here, but for some reason I felt like saying it . Someone like Madonna would probably be a better example of a high-testosterone woman.

You can read more about women and testosterone on the web, like this random article:
    http://www.lcmedia.com/mind159.htm

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone who thinks INFp think she might be ISFp? Just curious.

I think she does look less feminine than Hilary Duff, yes.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good analysis, uninspired!

I like her alot and I thought she is IEI after watching the videos. On the other hand, my ISTj best friend didn't really like her and she thought that Jolie seems to be building a positive public profile of herself rather than genuinely helping the needy. She thought that Jolie could have been more sincere if she didn't have her active involvement in charity work been publicized widely. Moreover, she commented about how irresponsible Jolie is by adopting so many kids and she thought that Jolie probably left the kids under the care of nannies rather than taking care of them herself. She emphasized that by adopting an Aids-inflicted child, Jolie is putting the other kids' health in jeopardy when they play together, and their different ethnicities would make them confuse about their identities. Then she summed it up by saying that Jolie's personality was too unconventional (having tattoos, having ex-husband Billy Bob Thorthon's Blood encapsulated in a pendant etc.) to be a good example for her children.

I'm not sure if my friend's comments are type-related, but I thought what she had said seems to be analogous to an ESTj commenting about an INFp.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your friend is a moron. Growing up in a house with money and food trumps every retarded argument and supposition of motive he can dream up. Actions and consequences are more important than motives. All those issues about her parenting style are trivial. Not dying in poverty, disease ridden society > dying in a povery ridden society.
    asd

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think she'll ever be typed. I personally would have never labeled her as ISTP...ever. INFP has always been my impression. Then again, maybe she is ISTP after all, she is quite the mystery and isn't that what ISTP's are "supposed" to be?

I find it too hard to type celebrities...most seem like they're always putting up a 'front' for the media. You can type characters, just not celebrities unless you know them personally...in my opinion.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp- Te

INNOVATOR

Logical subtype is held on the distance, they will lock, now and then cuttings it is straight-line. It is very independent and proud, it enters in the manner that to it it is convenient. In the conversation it is prickly and ironic, but it becomes affable and interested, if sympathy and respect are experienced to the collocutor. After noting that it offended man, it will regret about this, it softens, converts everything into the joke or it begins to be apologized, to calm. The vulnerability and sensitiveness hides itself behind the external inaccessibility. It is impatient and mobile, it loves constant changes and new impressions. It is active, operational and it is very thoughtful. It does not love discomfort in any manifestations. Therefore he tries to correct everything, to repair and to adapt for the convenience. It is required, reliable and punctual. It is exacting to itself and by others. It behaves with the cold merit, but it is emotional. Behavior is not predicted: the unexpected passages from the cold contemplativeness to the impulse actions. The gestures are impulsive, are decisive. Gait rapid, measured off.

Logical subtype: it doubts its feelings, but it is daring and initiative-taking in the erotic, he thinks more about the sensations of partner, and already then about his own. It attains high sexual technology. Now and then it is cuttings and it is impatient. It is not sentimental, he tries to speak about feelings in the witty form. It is inclined to the stable relations with one partner. It is jealous and distrustful, but it hides this under the mask of imperturbability. It is characterized by the sharp change of moods, frequently is skeptical. Internally we wound and it is inclined to despondency. It needs the optimistically disposed person, who knows how to encourage, to be absorbed in by interesting prospects.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish these descriptions weren't written in whatever in gods name that language is...they seem like they could be very good descriptions but i'm not going to try to decode it.

I still have no idea why people type her as ISTP. Maybe since every male on the planet finds her and her personality attractive and that's just about the complete opposite of me. Who knows.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current stance is that she's Beta as fuck and clearly not ST.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSS, come here Angelina, join me!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Maybe since every male on the planet finds her and her personality attractive and that's just about the complete opposite of me. Who knows.
    You are not implying you are unattractive, are you??
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessarily..just that they find her personality very attractive whereas I think I repell 99% of the male population.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessarily..just that they find her personality very attractive whereas I think I repell 99% of the male population.
    Oh jessica, you are too modest!! You're hot! Now just tell that to yourself over and over again!!

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Which NF then?

PS: actually, seeing Baby's video bumped in the Video thread, I can see a resemblance.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Oh jessica, you are too modest!! You're hot! Now just tell that to yourself over and over again!!
    o_O I don't think she has to...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen many people type her ISTp on this forum. I have some trouble seeing that, especially the Fe PoLR. So I'm reviving this old thread to see what people currently think and why.

Some clips:

^just the first of many.

^You can skip the first 2 minutes.

Are the SLI's of this site recognizing themselves in her?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, those Japanese are so crazy.

She is really hot. I never really noticed that before; I just thought she was quite hot.

I agree, Cudcat, I have a hard time seeing Fe PoLR, and I can't see for the life of me why anyone would think she's an SLI.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cudcat View Post
    No.

Well, actually, maybe the personality...slightly. But her facial expressions throw me off.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cudcat View Post
    God no. Seems Beta. I'm more convinced by the INFp 'arguements.'

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, is it not clear how IEI she is? There is no way in hell she has an PoLR, come on guys! I recognize a lot of myself in her. It is evident she is a major sx first as well. She is clearly an Se/Ni individual ... may I reiterate how Beta NF she is again? I know I am not explaining myself very well, but it is one of those things where you can recognize your identical, ya know? The mindset, expressions, etc... they all ring a bell with my own.

Some more thoughts on her sx first-ness - I think she has the same kind of "repelling"/"attracting" vibe that a lot of sx first people have. People either are very drawn to them, or very put off. Whenever she speaks, she has this really sharp look in her eyes, as if her eyes are just seeing RIGHT into you, which is something that I do all the time, and this apparently scares many people who aren't used to that kind of intensity.

I don't think she's SLI at all. She's not calm as some of you think ... I can feel this inner pressure that's always waiting to explode outward within her. This probably makes her seem "sharper" than people would normally believe an IEI to be like. Personally, I'm similar to this, which is why I think so many people still think of me to be SEE or something. The is stronger. I think it's easy for sx firsters to recognize other sx firsters.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking EIE myself. look at all her "causes".

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you who say that she's not SLI--and furthermore that she's beta... The other day I watched a few videos and felt pretty confident that she's ESTp. Compare with Madonna.

Have all 16 types been suggested for her yet>?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I really wish these descriptions weren't written in whatever in gods name that language is...they seem like they could be very good descriptions but i'm not going to try to decode it.

I still have no idea why people type her as ISTP. Maybe since every male on the planet finds her and her personality attractive and that's just about the complete opposite of me. Who knows.
    honestly i thought it was the "crazy bitch"/femme fatale stereotype that was contributing to the ISTp typing. frances farmer has a similar sort of aura and i always thought she was XSTp of some sort.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    honestly i thought it was the "crazy bitch"/femme fatale stereotype that was contributing to the ISTp typing. frances farmer has a similar sort of aura and i always thought she was XSTp of some sort.
    +1. I've never been too fond of Angelina. I always thought she was ST of some sort. ISTp makes sense to me.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Honestly, is it not clear how IEI she is? There is no way in hell she has an PoLR, come on guys! I recognize a lot of myself in her. It is evident she is a major sx first as well. She is clearly an Se/Ni individual ... may I reiterate how Beta NF she is again? I know I am not explaining myself very well, but it is one of those things where you can recognize your identical, ya know? The mindset, expressions, etc... they all ring a bell with my own.

Some more thoughts on her sx first-ness - I think she has the same kind of "repelling"/"attracting" vibe that a lot of sx first people have. People either are very drawn to them, or very put off. Whenever she speaks, she has this really sharp look in her eyes, as if her eyes are just seeing RIGHT into you, which is something that I do all the time, and this apparently scares many people who aren't used to that kind of intensity.

I don't think she's SLI at all. She's not calm as some of you think ... I can feel this inner pressure that's always waiting to explode outward within her. This probably makes her seem "sharper" than people would normally believe an IEI to be like. Personally, I'm similar to this, which is why I think so many people still think of me to be SEE or something. The is stronger. I think it's easy for sx firsters to recognize other sx firsters.
    You're hot. She's hot. Case closed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't honestly think completely refusing to adapt to others' expectations is some indication of Fe-creative (in that case, we should call niffweed INFp, heh.) the feminine thing is getting overplayed up in typing her as an NF and gilly's a fucking retard. i guess i am more certain of frances farmer's non-NF-ness, but i think it should be taken into consideration with jolie.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm honestly stumped on both Angelina and Brad's types... absolutely no clue.

She reminds me of Christina Ricci quite a bit, does anyone else see this?
    Same here. They do seem oddly hard to type. I think it's very hard to not type them based on the characters they've played. Jolie seems to only play SLI-ish characters in every single movie she's ever been in and I don't think she reveals a lot of her personal life / personality in these interviews so it seems people only have the movies to go by and obviously that's not her true personality. Brad Pitt has always been a mystery to me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See this thread starting midway down the page at my post:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...t=18836&page=3

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    It's true that I'm not completely decided on Angelina's type, but, I'm definitely not convinced that she's a Fe Ego. These points mentioned in the quote, for one, seem pretty important.

And from my experiences with a pretty emotional, sexual (sometimes impulsive), and laughing LSE, I know that mentions of SuperEgo Fe can be deceiving. She laughs at plenty of things, and laughs easily. The only way you can see it manifesting is when I try to smooth over a misunderstanding by acting "nice." I'll smile, give her a hug, tell her I'm not trying to be mean and I'm not mad (i.e. trying to influence her understanding of my 'intentions'--Fe), to which she'll "act" fine. But just at me acting like that (I guess the way it comes off from me), over time there's this subtle growth of suspicion, that just grows and grows at every misunderstanding. I don't know how to assuage her fears at that point unless someone else speaks up for me, really. So yeah, the SuperEgo Fe only really shows with her once the psychological distance has had time to grow closer.

And she talks just like Angelina does (I think it was in that interview about what types bother you) when talking about how children make her feminine and make her a woman. In the case of the one I know, I know its because it's seeking Fi; she'll be very emotional when she talks about it too. So because of that experience I definitely open up the possibilities for Angelina being Fi-seeking through all her tumultuous relationships. The LSE I know has had very much the same experience when it comes to (what I see as) plunging into these Fi-promising relationships.
    Yeah, super ego Fe is kind of hard to pin down for me as well. In fact, at times the ideas I've had of what it is have made me consider that Fe has to at least be valued (particularly back when I was bombarded by the 'dry, crusty ESTj' picture a lot of people seemed to carry with them). They always seem a lot warmer to me I guess, since other people I talk to tend to say they don't see it really.

That's at times made me back of certain typings I've made in the past, but you seem to describe it very well here. I can especially see how the conflict might happen now between LSE's and IEI's. Haha, I'd found that hard to understand beforehand. Also the thing about children/relationships and Fi, I think that sounds spot on really. Your friend sounds a whole heck of a lot like someone I know.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    But I noticed a similar oddness in the LSE I know, which was a preference for the "realness" of verbal and physical abuse. She would habitually go off into these monologues where she talked about how much more "real" it was for people to just "say what they feel," which to her was being verbally or physically abusive.

I guess that was her over-stressed reaction to Fe SuperEgo, not wanting to just smooth over bad feelings, but, to show them all, at any expense. I suppose the goal was to force each party into total openness and then mutual vulnerable positions--a forced relationship where each was required by mutual vulnerability to keep the other's secrets, where each relied on the other not to hurt them anymore.
    Wow, that doesn't sound too healthy. That definitely sounds like a tactic to avoid any and all pretense, but also something I'd disagree with a lot. I can kind of understand the impulse behind why she might do that, but man that sure won't keep many friends. She might figure out whose pretending and whose sincere, but only by hurting them all?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm honestly stumped on both Angelina and Brad's types... absolutely no clue.

She reminds me of Christina Ricci quite a bit, does anyone else see this?

hm no.. but i am almost positive that ricci is istp. some people suggested isfp though.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current thinking is ILI. Other than that, probably an Se-quadra introvert.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Angelina Jolie

Much more obvious Fe and Ti apparent in Jolie in this interview, imo. I used to think ISFj was feasible. I'm leaning ISTJ or ESFj or ISFp now.

Charlie Rose - A conversation about the film "Alexander"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENTP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast