Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IEI/INFp and EII/INFj: love or money

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI/INFp and EII/INFj: love or money

An INFp would ideally like to marry someone with a large bank account. They believe money is a more important consideration than love when viewing a long term relationship. "Money is the key to long term happiness".

An INFj would ideally like to marry someone they are in love with. They believe love is a more important consideration than money when viewing a long term relationship. "Love is the key to long term happiness".

Is the above correct?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFp v INFj

I've heard stories of INFps marrying for money but in your description INFps sound pretty unromantic. I guess INFps too would ideally marry for love. Perhaps they are more interested about the bank account than INFjs then but I don't know. INFjs have ESTj as dual who usually has a pretty big bank account anyways

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... I can't imagine many people, particularly ethical types, saying they'd rather marry for money than love
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    You are not allowed to be the good guy with bad ass qualities.
    Is that about me?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't say anything for INFps, but I think I'm close enough to comment.

I will marry for love. I would not marry for money. But I would not marry someone who is constantly flat broke. Money is not a reason to marry someone, but it is a reason why not marry someone.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is far from being even remotely type-related.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    This is far from being even remotely type-related.
    Gulenko would disgaree with you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with the INFp part.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think INFps would probably not admit to it because it would make them look like "gold diggers".

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I would disagree with Gulenko.

I could never imagine being a woman's boy-toy just because she's filthy rich. Maybe for the sex, and of course the love, but not the money. It's degrading and irresponsible.

Anyway, I have no doubt that part of Gulenko's description is aimed rathely decidedly at late-20th century Russian female representatives of these types. People seem to forget the culture gap when dealing with these (relatively old) Russian descriptions. Gender expectations in Russia were (and still are) quite different from those here in the West, not to mention the economic make-up of the society. I expect most INFps (female and male alike) would probably be just slightly offended.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could never imagine being a woman's boy-toy just because she's filthy rich. Maybe for the sex, and of course the love, but not the money. It's degrading and irresponsible.

Anyway, I have no doubt that part of Gulenko's description is aimed rathely decidedly at late-20th century Russian female representatives of these types. People seem to forget the culture gap when dealing with these (relatively old) Russian descriptions. Gender expectations in Russia were (and still are) quite different from those here in the West, not to mention the economic make-up of the society. I expect most INFps (female and male alike) would probably be just slightly offended.
    I very much agree.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People seem to forget the culture gap when dealing with these (relatively old) Russian descriptions. Gender expectations in Russia were (and still are) quite different from those here in the West, not to mention the economic make-up of the society.
    <3
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You also have to take into account that during the late 20th century the only rich people were the mafia boys, which of course were all ESTps since only estps are criminal, and therefore they just shortcuted to their duals. Gulenko, being INTj, didn't notice this obvious fact.

Ok ok ok, stop fabie.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

You also have to take into account that during the late 20th century the only rich people were the mafia boys, which of course were all ESTps since only estps are criminal, and therefore they just shortcuted to their duals. Gulenko, being INTj, didn't notice this obvious fact.

Ok ok ok, stop fabie.
    I was going to mention the same thing. If a person has tons of money there is a big likelihood they're ESTp.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca

Ok ok ok, stop fabie.
    I was going to mention the same thing. If a person has tons of money there is a big likelihood they're ESTp.
    Not vice versa though eehh

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gulenko has made a fair point, because as is the polr of an INFp they are more likely than other socionic types to run into financial problems, and as a result would want that worry to be removed by marrying someone rich. Love just wouldn't be adequate when looking for spouse.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    I think Gulenko has made a fair point, because as is the polr of an INFp they are more likely than other socionic types to run into financial problems, and as a result would want that worry to be removed by marrying someone rich. Love just wouldn't be adequate when looking for spouse.
    Non-sequitor is your friend, my dead. There is a certain thresold of money which removes financial problems, which does not equal being rich.

Anyways:

1. ENTJ (84,434)
    2. ESTJ (76,238)
    3. ESFJ (74,882)
    4. INTJ (72,043)
    5. ENFJ (71,060)
    6. ISTJ (71,020)
    7. ESTP (69,323)
    8. ISTP (67,349)
    9. ENFP (66,210)
    10. INTP (64,872)
    11. INFJ (64,372)
    12. ISFP (64,166)
    13. ISFJ (63,870)
    14. ESFP (63,281)
    15. ENTP (62,960)
    16. INFP (61,565)

wtf ESFJ>ESTP INTP ENTP ESFP??????

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where did you get that list?
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    where did you get that list?
    an MBTI site, but let's suppose that since the sample is large, the results can be thought as significant

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dual household incomes:

ENTJ/ISFJ $148,304
    ESFJ /INTJ $146,925
    ENFJ/ISTJ $142,080
    ESTJ/INFJ $140,610
    ISTP/ENFP $133,559
    ESTP/INFP $130,888
    INTP/ESFP $128,153
    ISFP/ENTP $127,126

But... what if the introverts are backwards cause it's MBTI?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh I just noticed that the rational type duals are the top 4
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, so where is my $72 grand and Daniel's $69 grand? (I secretly get pleasure at the fact that I'm supposed to make more than him)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adjusted for socionics:

ENTj/ISFj $148,600
    ESFj/INTj $139,754
    ENFj/ISTj $138,409
    ESTj/INFj $137,803
    ENFp/ISTp $137,230
    ESFp/INTp $135,324
    ESTp/INFp $133,695
    ENTp/ISFp $126,830

This cannot be US dollars...

anyways, the rational duals are still in the top 4

this is an interesting order... I would have thought that ENFj would be higher
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an MBTI site, but let's suppose that since the sample is large, the results can be thought as significant
    What if people who have different sorts tend to earn higher/lower? It's interesting, though we aren't much enough to make our own statistic.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think this could possibly change in different cultures.
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Non-sequitor is your friend, my dead. There is a certain thresold of money which removes financial problems, which does not equal being rich.

Anyways:

1. ENTJ (84,434)
    2. ESTJ (76,238)
    3. ESFJ (74,882)
    4. INTJ (72,043)
    5. ENFJ (71,060)
    6. ISTJ (71,020)
    7. ESTP (69,323)
    8. ISTP (67,349)
    9. ENFP (66,210)
    10. INTP (64,872)
    11. INFJ (64,372)
    12. ISFP (64,166)
    13. ISFJ (63,870)
    14. ESFP (63,281)
    15. ENTP (62,960)
    16. INFP (61,565)

wtf ESFJ>ESTP INTP ENTP ESFP??????
    Cause ESFj's never stop working?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine the INFPs I know wanting to marry for money. They're more likely than INFJs but not really. Perhaps very very very subconsciously if they're in love with two people and one's got loads of cash, they'll chose the one with the cash while INFJs would make a con/pro list. But it's not like they lack more morals than INFJs. Perhaps...there are some bad egg INFPs who are gold diggers and somehow made that impression on somebody. To me, personality determines someone who would marry for money.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna end up being poor it seems

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't your wife ENTj or ESFj?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    isn't your wife ENTj or ESFj?
    Well...today we went through dichotomies and they suggested she is actually ENTj so good point Together we gonna be middle-class then. That kind of sounds bad too though

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so fix it
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you add up those incomes with the debt that people are in these days it comes to alot less.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... someone who earns $250,000 can have a lot more financial problems than someone who earns $25,000.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, what I'm saying is that INFps find more long term security in money, whereas INFjs find more long term security in love.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My INFP sister is married to an ESTJ and he drives her crazy with his conservation of money, electricity, time... everything. When I say conservation I mean he is TIGHT even by my (tightwad) standards.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    My INFP sister is married to an ESTJ

Do you mean your INFp sister is currently married to an ESTj?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go check out the thread in "what's my type"
    SEE

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, this thread makes me mad.

It's simply untrue -- at least, speaking for me.. and a lot of other INFps I know. We would NEVER marry for money.

It's not important to me.. LOVE is the only thing that counts. I absolutely despise how some girls are attracted by cars and whatnot. WHAT is the appeal? If they're not a good person/aren't similar to you/complement you... then what's the point?

Oh great, you have a car & money... big fucking deal!

Now I'm gonna get a bunch of people saying I'm INFj

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Ugh, this thread makes me mad.

It's simply untrue -- at least, speaking for me.. and a lot of other INFps I know. We would NEVER marry for money.

It's not important to me.. LOVE is the only thing that counts. I absolutely despise how some girls are attracted by cars and whatnot. WHAT is the appeal? If they're not a good person/aren't similar to you/complement you... then what's the point?

Oh great, you have a car & money... big fucking deal!

Now I'm gonna get a bunch of people saying I'm INFj
    Well come to Delta Scarlet Have a cookie.

Topaz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast