So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    Hey, something I relate to. How about that. Everything else is maybe, but probably not. Actually, I'll say the conferences one is possibly accurate. Not sure. Charles Bukowski is a probably yes. Again, everything is probably no.

Oh yeah, the kid with the poster. Yeah. Cool. Everything else is eh. I'll look for something to contribute. Oh yes. I got it. No. Garfield will not work. Uh. Ergh. Yeah, it's taking too much effort. I'm done.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Too funny how well this fits the hot ESI Sp/Sx stereotype.

And here's the SEE version, haha.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Too funny how well this fits the hot ESI Sp/Sx stereotype.

And here's the SEE version, haha.

Nice. Somewhere in the middle is what I'm aiming for.

*EDIT* I have been noticing more and more ESI's, and I do think many of them do have a strong focus on guys who have some money. Or maybe it's the money itself they are focusing on. Lol.

It's not something that offends me. They aren't actually reckless with their spending.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-14-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

*EDIT* I have been noticing more and more ESI's, and I do think many of them do have a strong focus on guys who have some money. Or maybe it's the money itself they are focusing on. Lol.

It's not something that offends me. They aren't actually reckless with their spending.
    Maybe it's confirmation bias because you see money as the thing youre capable of offering.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure, I know an ILI who moved in with an ESI, she seemed sensible on the outside, but he did confess to me that later when they were planning buying a house together, he discovered her salary didn't even take her out of her overdraft.

Not to say they're all like that.

It's interesting though, because I knew an SLI who almost didn't get a job due to their poor credit history. It makes me wonder how much of this is type related vs person related. I'm not sure enough to write boring paragraphs about it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    I'm not so sure, I know an ILI who moved in with an ESI, she seemed sensible on the outside, but he did confess to me that later when they were planning buying a house together, he discovered her salary didn't even take her out of her overdraft.

Not to say they're all like that.

It's interesting though, because I knew an SLI who almost didn't get a job due to their poor credit history. It makes me wonder how much of this is type related vs person related. I'm not sure enough to write boring paragraphs about it.

Lol. I, too, have a great ILI friend who married an ESI-Se. Even though he's a lawyer, she managed to secretly run up enough credit card debt that he had to re-mortgage their house to pay it off (at a lower interest rate). It nearly ended their marriage.
    She wants more affection from him than he's willing or able to give, too.

I've spent weeks at a time visiting them, and she and I get along seamlessly, in a completely drama-free manner. I'm not poaching, though. One, I don't do that. Two, he's one of my best friends and she's too heavy to be an option for me.

This is just one more example of why, for me, it's Duality or GTFO.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    Maybe it's confirmation bias because you see money as the thing you're capable of offering.
    Possibly.

I've given this a lot of thought, lungs. I've just noted that money is something that ESI's mention. A lot. I make the stuff fairly effortlessly, so it's not that big a deal to me.

I've begun to compare this to the fact that LIE's have Te-facts and Ni-intuition to bring to the duality, and ESI's have Fi-loyalty and Se-assertiveness to bring to the duality. Each naturally has something to offer the other, and it costs them nothing because they are naturally good at it.

Obviously, things have not worked out between me and my private semi-duals, the LSI's. I have a public semi-dual at work, an EII, who is professionally everything I could want (almost) but for whom I feel exactly zero attraction, so that semi-duality doesn't work, either.
    I know an LIE-Ni company owner who works with his EII wife, and they are professionally successful but the pair lacks Se and the company's culture and success level reflects this. It is seriously dysfunctional with respect to getting things done effectively.

If ESI's talk a lot about money, I probably talk a lot about sex. Sex and money, the basis of the ESI-LIE duality.
    I've seen that written as a joke before, but there is some truth to it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ive noticed that it can be boring when I hang out w/ my esi cousin who I think is also sp-first bcuz we spend a lot of time talking about money and bills and stuff. but her bf drives for grubhub and my most recent bf is a student. money might be a preoccupation for us but we both see ourselves as responsible for our own finances.

my se-esi sister is more interested in flashy things or whatever & more inclined to date a guy with money but she's self-sufficient as hell and would be insulted if anybody implied otherwise. and I think she's actually sx first.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To be honest, I think that the ESI-Se who is married to the ILI lawyer ran up the credit card debt as a sure-fire way to get his attention, which he otherwise keeps to himself.

Duals have the most effective levers to both activate and moderate their partners. The levers work for duals, and they don't work that well for non-duals.

*EDIT* I like some level of flash. Just as long as I see that is it firmly based on Fi.
    I think the way I can find this is that ESI's with what I'm looking for dress with a muted classiness. SLI females excel at this, which is probably a big part of why I married one. Look at any of the image posts by @Syrup to see this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we have to be careful about ascribing items such as money to types/duality. It might be different for gamma duality, but my experience of duality is that we're not kept 'in check', but rather our traits are magnified. For instance, it's rare for an IEE I've been involved with to criticize me for my Fe PoLR matter of fact bluntness, usually it's seen as amusing, which fits in with the idea that we have to modify our behavior less around duals, which can be different from personal development.

I'd say having a lot of money is a quality useful in attracting a mate, just like being handsome is, but not necessarily a quality required to attract a dual.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

all I see is olimpia going on a posting spate with some pictures in a concerted effort to revive a certain image of gamma and adam strange and chae taking up the cause, each activated in their own way. what is it about pictures and suggestions of that kind that certain people intrinsically hop on board with

this playbook thing is pretty old and obvious though if you keep your eyes open and watch the patterns. Adam Strange you are a dumbass tool who is so easily manipulated its insane, and yet you make posts explaining why you're not going to steal your friends wife, as if such a thing needs to be reasoned out or that it should be considered to your credit, when its like you come across as half witted for even spending time on the idea. the tone you assume of being some kind of calculating intellect is so misplaced I almost feel bad for you. its literally like watching a retarded person reason

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said I would not try to steal my friend's wife because I specifically knew that some dumbass on this site would bring it up.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

really it sounds like you said the only thing keeping you from doing so was shes fat. is this, is this the power of LIE?!

why don't you just buy a mail order bride and be done with it. by your criterion they're probably ESI anyway and if they're russian you can probably get some kind of warranty on that

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I mean girls can't usually carry men like that so its just a statement of fact. wonder women being pretty smug for someone who knows they're a magic creature, which is precisely why she's called "wonder woman". if it was "average woman" doing the carrying this would make a lot more sense. if a woman said, you're pretty short "for a man" of 5'5 it would just be true of men not of women, if he retorted "heh, for a person, you mean"-- it would just be wrong, which makes the smugness kind of bizarre. I guess since she's got the power though in this situation she can do whatever she wants, which seems to be the real conceptual underpinning to all this, that guy isn't really in a position to argue so I guess he can take his rescue with a dose of condescending and bizarrely inaccurate moralizing if it means she'll continue saving his life. sort of like how abusive relationships are justified in the mind of the abuser because "he puts food on the table" or whatever power dynamics function to confer control. really this dude should just "be grateful." thanks wonder woman

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What was weird to me is the last frame, like it's the kicker, it's the bottom line. BAM. You accidentally offended me. I win, bitch. It feels empty. But it's kind of a reversal of real life where usually being most unaffected makes you the winner even if you're the unaffected one because you're the aggressor.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel like a really awesome woman is a really awesome person in the sense that they're christlike in their sacrifice anyway, this is sort of the opposite of that, inasmuch as Christ "forgive them for they know not what they do", which would be like real strength, getting a quip in over some perceived sexism? is like not strength, its being bitchy over trivialities that you're on the wrong side of anyway. this makes her out to be a kind of moral child, which makes sense because its like power should be a consequence of virtue, when you give a kid a machine gun this is the sort of stuff that results-- "haha! I'll define the facts!" its like okay, just don't drop me, then go define the facts over there, please. that's the entire problem with these stories that frame superheroes as being essentially undeserving beneficiaries of super human power, it inherently puts into effect a moral universe where power is fundamentally unearned and arbitrary, which is essentially how immature people view the world. to a certain extent inequality is real, but the idea that virtue is conferred by chance and its whatever the strong say it is, is cynical beyond belief such that even the "superhero(ins)" that fight it are infected with this base perspective which lowers them to moral bullies, as we see here

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I bet Wonder Woman has penis crushing orgasms.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I bet Wonder Woman has penis crushing orgasms.
    Wouldn't that make her an SLE?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I mean girls can't usually carry men like that
    they carry men until they grow up

If ESI's talk a lot about money, I probably talk a lot about sex. Sex and money, the basis of the ESI-LIE duality.
    Sex is Si region mostly. Not in the sense of talking, certainly. Money is Se, so important but secondary for both.
    The basis relates to leading functions which are: soul friendship (Fi) + reason (Te). Secondary: material control/aquisition (Se) + feeling of timeline/mystic insights (Ni).

ESI would talk about feelings and relations with more pleasure. Women may think that such discussions are not interesting for men, unlike money/career.
    Last edited by Sol; 12-21-2017 at 07:43 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI jokes from Talanov's website:

http://sociotoday.narod.ru/frazy.html

"The phone rings. A tired person lifts the receiver. At the other end of the line is a cheerful (but unfamiliar) voice:
    "Hello!" it's me!
    Tired man:
    - Well, hello, I ..."
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ILI jokes from Talanov's website:

http://sociotoday.narod.ru/frazy.html

"The phone rings. A tired person lifts the receiver. At the other end of the line is a cheerful (but unfamiliar) voice:
    "Hello!" it's me!
    Tired man:
    - Well, hello, I ..."
    what makes this an ILI joke? is it the absence of punchline?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly.

I've given this a lot of thought, lungs. I've just noted that money is something that ESI's mention. A lot. I make the stuff fairly effortlessly, so it's not that big a deal to me.

I've begun to compare this to the fact that LIE's have Te-facts and Ni-intuition to bring to the duality, and ESI's have Fi-loyalty and Se-assertiveness to bring to the duality. Each naturally has something to offer the other, and it costs them nothing because they are naturally good at it.

Obviously, things have not worked out between me and my private semi-duals, the LSI's. I have a public semi-dual at work, an EII, who is professionally everything I could want (almost) but for whom I feel exactly zero attraction, so that semi-duality doesn't work, either.
    I know an LIE-Ni company owner who works with his EII wife, and they are professionally successful but the pair lacks Se and the company's culture and success level reflects this. It is seriously dysfunctional with respect to getting things done effectively.

I've seen that written as a joke before, but there is some truth to it.
    This.

Duality or bust, for me. I've tried all the other combinations in practice or theory based on painstaking observations.

i like the idea that ESIs can remind me to not just work for nothing--which I do.

It kind of unnerved me to realize how I almost make sex a metonym for a functioning romance. I definitely hyperfixate on it and don't shut up about it.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Words can't describe how much I love this.

Hedi Xandt, Norwegian sculptor and digital artist.

Probably social last stacking.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said I would not try to steal my friend's wife because I specifically knew that some dumbass on this site would bring it up.
    I use the same disclosure all the time because if I'm comfortable saying my best friend or my brother or the guy who has a crush on my cousin is gorgeous, people get uncomfortable about if I'm considering pursuing the guy...just because I am comfortable saying he's attractive.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    what makes this an ILI joke? is it the absence of punchline?
    it's funny to me because:

the ILI is known for being very precise with grammar, and corrected the caller's using 'me' when 'I' is more appropriate. http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/edu...ersus-it-is-me
    and they're deadpan and straightforward and don't use a lot of words to do it

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Einstein changing his type from Alpha NT to Gamma NT

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, this thread is mostly filled by pictures posted by non-gamma people...

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRose View Post
    Funny, this thread is mostly filled by pictures posted by non-gamma people...
    OK, Here is Gamma, by Gamma. LIE-ESI, in particular.

LIE assured future: musSZHC.jpg

ESI home and artistic director: vTRv6cN.jpg

ESI-LIE working together: https://i.imgur.com/Epk3jvX.jpg

By contrast, here is a female LSI with a male SEE: https://i.imgur.com/hcuICKc.jpg

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange
    So dual oriented... xD
    Yay

Can't help but think if I post something, it will be too [beta/delta]. -w-b
    Imma try anyway...

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, Here is Gamma, by Gamma. LIE-ESI, in particular.
    Adam! I love these. <3

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    Adam! I love these. <3
    Thanks, @MrsTortilla.

I thought it was time to offer a more realistic image than the "hot gold digger meets the emotionally impaired CEO" meme that seems to be the most common view of ESI-LIE duality.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, @MrsTortilla.

I thought it was time to offer a more realistic image than the "hot gold digger meets the emotionally impaired CEO" meme that seems to be the most common view of ESI-LIE duality.
    Yeah, for sure. And I don't tend to relate to people's Gamma couples pictures and usually the people posting those pictures are not Gammas (or so it seems)... But when I saw what you posted I actually felt like my heart warmed to the portrayals. Must be duality! ;-)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    Yeah, for sure. And I don't tend to relate to people's Gamma couples pictures and usually the people posting those pictures are not Gammas (or so it seems)... But when I saw what you posted I actually felt like my heart warmed to the portrayals. Must be duality! ;-)
    Now I need to look for pictures which illustrate an ESI's strength of character, their loyalty, their steadiness and sensibility. That's a lot harder, though.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I need to look for pictures which illustrate an ESI's strength of character, their loyalty, their steadiness and sensibility. That's a lot harder, though.
    Here you go!

ef2dcfb9_9eb1_44da_94d0_884f8bdaf5dd.jpeg

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast