Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Intertype relations

I'm SLE; My mother is an ESE and benefitiary-benefactor role applies. She learned much shit from me, as much as I learned from her. We like to hang out together and talk about stuff from life, be these stuff profound or not. Even I not liking talking about my personal life and feelings, I feel there's a purpose to our talks. Also enjoy going to the movies together and talking about the movie. ESE is also my favorite sociotype, just what I like in a person.

My father, a SEI, fits the role of mirage. Never had a good relationship with the same. Never talked too much, seemed to just communicate with actions more than words, distant, only expressed some father affection and interest in situations of real emergency, which probably made me fit into the SLE stereotype even more considering my general upbringing.
    share your experiences with intertype relations

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting site: https://intertype.socionic.info/

SLE-ESE: Both partners greatly admire each other. However, there is an asymmetry: the benefactor is able to help the beneficiary but not the other way around. As a result, these relations are often temporary, with a sense of unfairness being felt over time by the benefactor and a sense of uselessness being felt by the beneficiary.

SLE-SEI: These relationships are usually pleasant, but only for mutual leisure time. It is difficult to accomplish something serious together because their individual goals continually undo each other.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father, a SEI, fits the role of mirage. Never had a good relationship with the same.
    mirage is better than both benefit, as dichotomies match better.

ESE is also my favorite sociotype, just what I like in a person.
    benefit types (for SLE it's ESE and LIE) are ok, but do not have enough to give you generally positive impressions. they only support 1 weak valued function and do not fit well with your dichotomies. i'd rank them below identity/mirror, although they may be preferable for close relationships, for personal growth in a weak function.

SLE-ESE: Both partners greatly admire each other.
    some may impress you, but there's no general admiration for them, as they are not supportive or different enough.
    the benefactor is able to help the beneficiary but not the other way around.
    nonsense. help is generally needed in both weak valued functions. the 4th a little more than the 3rd, but the benefactor correspondingly has this as their 2nd function, which is a little weaker than the 1st.

ranking ESE as your favourite type while typing yourself SLE shows your problems with understanding basic theory. the issue causes problems with both typing others and with understanding your own. T types like SLE do not usually make such elementary logical mistakes by ignoring the basics of the theory, and taking your somewhat hysterical response in the other thread, the chance that you are an ethical type seems significantly higher at this point.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

View Post Remove user from ignore list

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was raised single parent EIE mother, generally good relations at home. Flamboyant and dramatic at times, Fe subtype.

We shared a lot of humor about people and we could poke fun at it.

She was ethical and had some good mantras to follow.

Always helpful to others and could lend out money to neighbors, one time 2k.

She was very attractive and a lot of men stalked her, some even criminally. Law enforcement was involved in one case.

She thought of me as a scientist type, overall.

Dad is LSI but they fought a lot. She said book smart, and people dumb.

I always felt like a stranger to him, and he said he never understood me of where I'm coming from.

He called me tort as a nickname That is a legal term.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    I was raised single parent EIE mother, generally good relations at home. Flamboyant and dramatic at times, Fe subtype.

We shared a lot of humor about people and we could poke fun at it.

She was ethical and had some good mantras to follow.

Always helpful to others and could lend out money to neighbors, one time 2k.

She was very attractive and a lot of men stalked her, some even criminally. Law enforcement was involved in one case.

She thought of me as a scientist type, overall.

Dad is LSI but they fought a lot. She said book smart, and people dumb.

I always felt like a stranger to him, and he said he never understood me of where I'm coming from.

He called me tort as a nickname That is a legal term.
    I just got in a 1:30 AM, 3 hrs on the road coming back home to abort a family get together.

When the county coroner pops up on caller ID, you grimace wondering who it is, and like too, i was hopefully assuming it was a wrong number.

He asked for me, and explained in a very empathetic way that my dad is dead, he was found by a neighbor laying on his back in the driveway.

He said it was really bad, really really bad, there was blood everywhere and i'm so sorry to have to tell you this.

He informed that i have to go there tomorrow to ID the body, and inform them on a funeral home location.

Cause of death will be by autopsy and Tuesday they will call me.

Funny wife & I visited him this morning on our way out of town.

He was out of breath just by walking 10ft i noticed, breathing heavy, out of breath.

My wife is in the medical field and asked me if he has CHF, and i said no, never.
    Last edited by Expansion; 04-14-2024 at 11:44 AM.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m EII and my conflictor SLE is soo attractive and seeing him walk into the room always makes my heart race - as if I’m hyper aware of his presence, and it seems that he feels the same way about me. When asked about his ideal type, the SLE interestingly and somewhat surprisingly said he feels attracted to girls who are “intellectual” and whom he can engage in “deep” conversation with. But then he’ll suddenly say something to me that is so painful, making me feel hurt and ruminate on it for a long time afterwards.

Two examples from two different conflictors. First example, SLE offers to drive me home and moves towards his car. I’m still putting on my shoes at my own, somewhat slow, pace. He looks frustrated and groans, telling me to hurry up and just put them on in the car instead. A harmless and reasonable request but something about the sharpness of it hurts me. Perhaps it was intended to mobilize his inert dual IEI, with an Se boost.

Second example, in a group setting with several people including LSE, another SLE and EIE. The three are engaging in a somewhat heated conversation, hurling insults at each other, particularly the EIE at the LSE. Later on, I tell the LSE and SLE that I felt deeply uncomfortable during the situation. LSE shows me concern. SLE tells me “It’s called BANTER.” Again, an innocuous statement but the correction was very painful to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post
    I’m EII and my conflictor SLE is soo attractive and seeing him walk into the room always makes my heart race - as if I’m hyper aware of his presence, and it seems that he feels the same way about me. When asked about his ideal type, the SLE interestingly and somewhat surprisingly said he feels attracted to girls who are “intellectual” and whom he can engage in “deep” conversation with. But then he’ll suddenly say something to me that is so painful, making me feel hurt and ruminate on it for a long time afterwards.

Two examples from two different conflictors. First example, SLE offers to drive me home and moves towards his car. I’m still putting on my shoes at my own, somewhat slow, pace. He looks frustrated and groans, telling me to hurry up and just put them on in the car instead. A harmless and reasonable request but something about the sharpness of it hurts me. Perhaps it was intended to mobilize his inert dual IEI, with an Se boost.

Second example, in a group setting with several people including LSE, another SLE and EIE. The three are engaging in a somewhat heated conversation, hurling insults at each other, particularly the EIE at the LSE. Later on, I tell the LSE and SLE that I felt deeply uncomfortable during the situation. LSE shows me concern. SLE tells me “It’s called BANTER.” Again, an innocuous statement but the correction was very painful to me.
    That’s a great share!

Also being in a dual relationship I can tell you for certain there is nothing my LSE can or has ever said to me that hurt me deep enough to ruminate on. That emotional stress being lifted has caused so much of my humor and fun side to come out.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post

One of my EII-Fi friends had a reciprocal attraction to an SLE-Se through the years of elementary/middle school. Nothing came out of it since she incredibly shy/aloof, but I always wondered about the attraction, because although not a bad person, in his younger years this SLE in particular was extra insensitive/jerk of a person, even to me his dual, i found him sooo annoying & attention-seeking

I think there were maybe 3 SLEs, when i was in middle/early high school that didn't like me for some reason and tried to bully me. I don't really get why, because I never talked to them. They all tried twice at most and then left me alone, because I used to be the epitome of unreactive. The things they said were pretty mean, but they never really hurt me, only made me very angry and fantasize lots of revenge scenarios in my head. I wonder if duals have a way to get under each other's skin.
    One of the girls stole a photo of mine and didn't give me credit, and none of my friends understood why it bothered me so much. Maybe it's Beta, I would've felt really weak if I didn't stand up for myself. ESI said "hm, now I understood what sort of thing makes you angry".
    If an LSE tried to bully me it probably would've actually hurt, though. More hurt than anger, maybe

Speaking of which, said ESI and I were both friends with LIE, and through the years they had a rocky friendship. I strongly believe that only a handful of duals are compatible ones, and I wonder if the noncompatible ones extra get on our nerves...
    Last edited by persimmonism; 04-14-2024 at 04:59 PM.