Thread: Help me type someone.. IEI, LII??

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help me type someone.. IEI, LII??

Gone
    Last edited by ScarlettLux; 07-31-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not enough information for me to form an opinion.
    Why not just have him take an on-line test, like this one:
    http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

You can tell him it's just for fun, and it won't affect your relationship at all.

Or tell him that it will help you be a better partner for him.

Re-reading your description, he could be either IEI or LII, as you say. I'm trying to think of the best way to tell them apart, short of introducing them to their conflictors. I would say that the LII prefers theory backed up somewhat by facts and figures, and the IEI prefers to think about multiple future possibilities that they almost never can make happen by themselves. Other than that, they are very similar, imo, when viewed from a distance and over a short time.
    One other thing, the IEI admires and wants to influence someone who is strong and gets things done, and the LII wants someone to take care of them, mostly health-wise.

It is strange, that when I see the two types in person, they are as different as night and day, but I can't describe that difference. Maybe the IEI looks fragile, while the LII looks tougher or blockier somehow.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wondering if LSI is a possibility, because you mention traits such as formality, responsibility, and organization, and the calming effect you have on each other. ime LSIs can often restrain themselves in social situations, and their Se may not be immediately obvious. maybe EII is possible too - i think NF tastes in music, film, etc. can sometimes overlap despite the quadra value differences. i think IEI isn't out of the question or anything, though. his tastes seem kinda Aristocratic for me to think LII, but i guess that's possible too.

sorry for not being much help on this (:

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn it glam lol, now you've gotten me worried he's an EII.. poop. I never thought about that one before

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL sorry, sorry.... if it's any consolation, i too have had interest in a few EII males before, even with full knowledge of socionics. it's probably not too surprising of an occurrence. i know i can have really good conversations with EIIs. like i notice we often have already come to the same conclusions on something, but massively differ on how we reached those conclusions - and that's where the discussion can turn into an argument, lol. but yea EII guys can have an "elegant" kind of handsomeness that can be attractive sometimes (but more often i'm attracted to Ti-ego guys )

ummmm it's hard to articulate what i mean about the Aristocratic overlap (and you can take what i say with a grain of salt, since it's kind of anecdotal). the way Betas and Deltas can get passionate about something, and group together to push for certain "causes" is one thing, and sometimes you come across Aristocrats in the same group or organization, or something like that. i think this is where Club (NF, ST, etc.) similarities come in. people in the same club are said to occupy the same "occupational" spaces, and are really good groups for idea exchange, discussion, conversation, etc. but they're not that great for working together (which is why you need your quadra...) and like i said, i notice a lot of Aristocrats will have overlapping tastes in entertainments and the arts (e.g. i know an off-beat LSE lady who absolutely LOVES Lady Gaga ), but i'm not totally sure why this is tbh.

he stills sounds like he could be IEI though, i wouldn't rule it out at all. maybe just roll with it, keep seeing him and see what happens? you might notice more type-related things if you get in some kind of difficult, challenging situation together. e.g. like i've noticed sometimes that if two INxx types are together doing something, and there's suddenly a need for one to mobilize and take initiative, both INxx types might hesitate, until one realizes that "oh, SOMEBODY'S got to do it!" and does it. whereas if they had an ESxx type with them, the ESxx probably would've naturally jumped in and taken care of the issue.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone
    Last edited by ScarlettLux; 07-31-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I listen to almost all of the bands you listed and I'm LIE.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.. I'm not saying other types don't listen to those bands ever.. just IME it's usually IEIs and yeah now that you mention it, mostly intuitive types in general.. Also .. are you REALLY into that kind of music or just listen to it here and there but aren't all about it...

It probably is more related to big 5 trait of Openness though, to be fair

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm into a LOT of music, but most of the bands on the list have been my binge bands at some point. I come back to most of them quite a lot, too.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    His texts are just almost devoid of ! He's really great in person, not dry or emotionless, responds well and jokes well with me (humor is super important) .. but I have never seen an IEI type the way he does. He doesn't even use exaggerated language, like "great" is the most he will say... never "amazing" or "terrible".. I'm just used to over expression I suppose and I enjoy that deeply.. but then again my SEE ex whom I briefly thought was SLE (very Se subtype SEE) was EXTREMELY hyper exaggerated in his emotional expression over text and was very, VERY animated.. Maybe its really just F vs T?
    Text and real life can be quite different things. I think with some people they treat text messages formally, whereas others treat them casually.

FWIW, I've always seen you as over-exaggerated. And to me, I actually prefer less over-exaggerating, even though I'm meant to be Fe hidden agenda. (WHICH DOES NOT MEAN FLAT)

I myself can be flat or animated in normal interactions. Tending towards flat with people I don't know, and animated with people I do. More so with less animated people, less so if with more animated. (but flat would be baseline)

But as a logical type I'm more interested in other people being animated. And in purposeful ways.

Maybe just give it some time... or be less animated yourself and see what he does.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Text and real life can be quite different things. I think with some people they treat text messages formally, whereas others treat them casually.

FWIW, I've always seen you as over-exaggerated. And to me, I actually prefer less over-exaggerating, even though I'm meant to be Fe hidden agenda. (WHICH DOES NOT MEAN FLAT)

I myself can be flat or animated in normal interactions. Tending towards flat with people I don't know, and animated with people I do. More so with less animated people, less so if with more animated. (but flat would be baseline)

But as a logical type I'm more interested in other people being animated. And in purposeful ways.

Maybe just give it some time... or be less animated yourself and see what he does.
    Heheheeheh LOLOLOL LMAO ROFLZZZZ ... Sorry just playing around with my over exaggeration

I definitely know I come across that way.. weirdly enough, I only notice it after I stumble upon older posts I've made and actually kind of cringe haha, eek. I realize how extra cheesy I'm sounding but I most assuredly talk and type the same way, so you have a point that some people really just don't do that when typing. When I calm down a bit, it's still really comfortable and feels natural. Now that you mention it, he does become more animated when I become less.

On another note, I'm still wondering if I'm just IEI-Fe or EIE.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    wondering if LSI is a possibility, because you mention traits such as formality, responsibility, and organization, and the calming effect you have on each other. ime LSIs can often restrain themselves in social situations, and their Se may not be immediately obvious. maybe EII is possible too - i think NF tastes in music, film, etc. can sometimes overlap despite the quadra value differences. i think IEI isn't out of the question or anything, though. his tastes seem kinda Aristocratic for me to think LII, but i guess that's possible too.

sorry for not being much help on this (:
    I was also leaning towards LSI. The stuff could be due to the mobilizing function and LSI would explain his weak A Ti-LSI, futhermore would be more inclined to show less Se and restrain themselves even more than the Se-LSI.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Show us a picture of him. Quickly!

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is NOT an LII lawl..

LSI would be too good to be true .. dang.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor Berza View Post
    Show us a picture of him. Quickly!
    LOL I'm too scared he will somehow find out

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

LOL I'm too scared he will somehow find out
    You are going to delete it in 7 days. He won't find out anything!

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just tried to post one but my dumbass phone won't let me

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone
    Last edited by ScarlettLux; 07-31-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

I just tried to post one but my dumbass phone won't let me
    It looks like you lack assertiveness. An ESTp would just break the phone to let others know who he really is.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

The thing that really throws me off though is this weird sense of formality he displays towards people and being social in general, which might just be an introvert or an so last thing but I don't know ... it seems to me a true IEI would be much better with and that's one thing I don't see him being amazing at, but he does say he's just shy at first with new people although we get along very well, and he seems very responsive to MY although I do feel like I'm almost over exerting myself because he needs that so much (it's not a problem though.. so far). This formality has made me wonder about valuing.. I used to talk to an LIE and he spoke very similarly (especially through text/written word) in that really straightforward, no nonsense, mean what you say type of communication. Rare embellishment -- to me is embellishing, which I do with craziness, emoticons, etc. He will throw in some here & there though. Maybe just to please me? Haha.
    What makes you think he needs the Fe so much that then makes you almost overexert yourself with it?

My guess so far is ILI-Ni. But I need to understand the Fe part more here before I can say ILI or LSI or LII or whatever for sure

He is NOT an LII lawl..

LSI would be too good to be true .. dang.
    Too good to be true? Three type letters aren't gonna change anything that you two have in actual reality. Not gonna make it better, nor worse.

edit: Why not LII, btw?
    Last edited by Myst; 07-25-2015 at 12:25 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There is no meaningful chance to type correctly a random man without video interview.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I am doubting the lack of now.. maybe I don't really know what creative is like since I am so used to dominant.. the obvious assertiveness and taking up of physical space.. Hmm.. maybe my idea of what is, is wrong. I expect near aggression lol. he does seem more down to earth than I am for sure, not all drifty like an IEI. I am pretty sure he is IxxJ at least.
    Forgot to reply to this one; the seemingly being down to earth can also be Te over Fe, and not necessarily Se in ego, depending what you exactly meant by that.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Given the properties of your interaction that you describe, yeah why not consider LSI? There are descriptions floating around of a subtype where the Se-cre shows itself in dutifulness, organisation and stubbornness, rather than aggression. Read around descriptions of the types suggested itt imo.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Given the properties of your interaction that you describe, yeah why not consider LSI? There are descriptions floating around of a subtype where the Se-cre shows itself in dutifulness, organisation and stubbornness, rather than aggression. Read around descriptions of the types suggested itt imo.
    I'm not excluding LSI myself.. I just need more information from OP

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I'm not excluding LSI myself.. I just need more information from OP
    Oh my little pudding, my cupcake of exactness, aren't we all seeking for that perfect combination of information~?

*ducks and runs*

More seriously, I was just mentioning what I'd do at this point I'm sure the description could point to other types than LSI but it seems remiss to not check that option (because it's like, jackpot - also if you're right on the first guess it's 50-50 on saving a lot of time) and if necessary discard like an ill-fitting sock on your way to other ideas.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor Berza View Post
    You are going to delete it in 7 days. He won't find out anything!
    Posted.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone
    Last edited by ScarlettLux; 07-31-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is super attractive. He definitely looks Ixxx.
    Which isn't any help.

Keep seeing him and see how it plays out. ;p.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I just feel like around him, I'm always bubbly, open, engaging him and bringing him out.. but that was when we first met and actually it's gotten a lot better.. really it never was that much of an issue, just a small thing I felt.. like I was expending so much nervous energy that I had. I think I was also SO used to being with an extremely extraverted -SEE so it was a change to be the one initiating aspects of conversation.

So far it's been really good still.. I do feel this sense of trust in him that has become very rare for me as of late, since the break up and the bad experiences. He does describe himself as straightforward, honest, and "the responsible one" in the family. That could be any type though, I guess.

I think I was wrong about the lack of though now. When we talk, he's always raptly attentive and mirroring my expressions, if that makes any sense? That could just be intense attraction though hahaha which is also true.

I kind of still feel awkward though at times.. I don't know how to explain it.. we're always joking around and happy but I'm not so sure anymore about what I said about feeling calm around him.. LSIs generally make me feel "grounded" and it's more like how I feel with other IEIs when I'm with him.

So yeah, I think IEI for now..
    As I said on chatbox, if you truly feel the type of relation is like Mirror that's the most convincing for his type so far. I still say VI's 4D Ni, tho take it for whatever it's worth, I'm not big on VI.

Edit: I'll add this here from chatbox: So IEI works if that's really the feel you get about the type of relation with him. Just weird to me that you said they need the Fe a lot. Like, it's in their ego already, no? To which you said, he was only initially shy and the Fe banter is easy now between you two. ...Hmm. I'd say focus a bit more on whether that Fe is really in ego or not to verify IEI over LII.

How is usually your relations with LIIs compared to this guy if you have any LII-related experience yet?

Edited: Also I know it would not change anything really but it's obvious that people want to think they're with their dual or whatever, right..?
    Lol well sure.. I still say better stay in touch with reality
    Last edited by Myst; 07-29-2015 at 02:58 AM.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other traits: Very responsible, reliable and organized (imo) ... Very opposite to my SEE-Se ex who's life was a total inconsistent mess.

At this point I am thinking a very subtype IEI..
    IxxJ? IEIs are irrational, meticulously planning and organization don't appeal to them.
    subtype IEI is very disorganized like your SEE-Se ex, take a look at this:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEI_subtypes

Intuitive subtype INFp-Ni
    Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

"Dislikes routine, monotony, stereotypes, conventionality, strict order, having to follow rules and regulations."
    "In his apartment or at his workplace may allow for creative mess and disorganization."
    "finds it difficult and tiring to handle organizational functions."

he does seem more down to earth than I am for sure, not all drifty like an IEI.
    That again doesn't sound like IEI.
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEI_subtypes
    "He seems torn from reality, inert and poorly adapted to life."
    "Being practical, thrifty, and calculating is not in his nature, due to which he misses some major opportunities."

my 2 cents so far into the thread IxTj forms a more vivid impression

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds LII, Rational + Se Polr and Fi normative + introverted + Fe seeking.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This article is interesting, and might give you some useful tells when you read it. Alpha's LII, SEI - are his embraces more of a melt-into-you, or, IEI, Beta: does he SQUEEZE you? Or, EII - he tells you stories of his sufferings?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone

Johari
    Nohari