Thread: Member Questionnaire (uncivilized)

4 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (uncivilized)

Member Questionnaire 1 (uncivilized)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Most anything inspired by nature, the organic shapes and colors, whether it be the structure of the eye or the colorful patterns on a fish. Love is kindness, acceptance, generosity.
    What are your most important values?
    Respecting each other, giving everyone a fair chance to be heard even if you disagree with them.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm not religious, I'm an atheist, but I do often have what I'd describe as spiritual feelings or experiences.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Having a military is necessary due to there being so many potential war mongers out there, but too many resources are wasted on military pursuits. Scrap a few military planes and jets and give every kid free breakfast and lunch at school and generally help develop the rest of society with the money.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Yes, I have. I'm interested in science, what is going on in others lives, what is needed for a better running and humane society. I often talk about politics, but only with people that I know well since I know my political viewpoints on the outlier and not very mainstream.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Always somewhat afraid to see the diseases/conditions that I could develop and will eventually kill me. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to medicine for me. I am interested in things regarding how the body functions, such as the brain, but the up-close, seeing how diseases will kill you, I'd rather just not think about it. I don't believe I could work in any kind of medical field. I find being in hospitals depressing.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I try to keep up with them, but I put them off a lot. My computer badly needs to be dusted off as I type this.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I like reading just about everything. I enjoy documentary/historical accounts a lot, an example which would be The Gulag Archipelago. One of my favorite tv shows in Nova on PBS.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I can be moved by acts of heroism
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I like being out in nature, going on hikes, camping, etc. I also like well designed interior spaces that tastefully show art and other decor and aren't harsh on the senses or seem overly industrial. As for belonging, I prefer being around people who just go with the flow and don't try to be pushy and can talk about an eclectic range of subjects.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I'm not outgoing enough, can have trouble saying "no", often accused of being a flake and not being financially successful enough. However, outside the world of work, I tend to stick to and develop my interests.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    As for strengths, I always give those in the "underclasses" of society the benefit the doubt and do what I can to help them. I had a job tutoring the mentally disabled and noticed that they often lack anyone giving them any sort of kindness or understanding. They would sometimes tell me that I was the only that was nice to them. What I learned is that even if someone is mentally disabled, they still have the emotional capacity to see if you're being a shithead to them or not.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Too long to list!
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I like to travel somewhere when I get stuck in a rut. I often go on road trips to some random little town and see what's there. I have books of maps of my local area and will sometimes just pick a random town from it to visit.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Admired Qualities: Open minded, not pushy, willing to try new things, have interests that go beyond just making money, buying things, career, celebrities. Disliked qualities: A crude sense of humor that depends on mocking those who are vulnerable in society, being convinced that you know the absolute truth about something and being unwilling to consider something different. An engineering student once told me that only engineering teaches you how to think, that there is no value to liberal arts. I see that viewpoint a lot from engineering students actually. I can't stand that level of arrogance and closed mindedness.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Too difficult to talk about in a small space.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I'd give them an environment to develop their interests and try to help them into being the people they are meant to be. I'd stress academics, but I'd also try to develop their empathy, not only for people, but animals and the natural world as well. I'd try to foster their talents and creative interests.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    If the friend is respectful and can accept that our beliefs are different, I have no problem with them being different. But if they're rude to me and savagely disparage what I believe without making any type of attempt to understand where I'm coming from, I'll likely not bother to talk to them again.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Society (at least American society) is too inhumane, too focused on destroying the already minimal prospects the poor have such as access to college/training without ruinous debt, too focused on the military, too focused on making money. I don't believe the current system is sustainable since most jobs will be taken through automation (AI will probably start to rival a human before long) and we will need some other way of ensuring people can get the resources they need rather through labor alone.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    My friends choose me.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm shy, but will sometimes start up small talk. I generally keep to myself though and am not very outgoing.

Poster Nutbag chips and underwear's Avatar
    my own personal bubble
    EII > LII
    59 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

EII or SEI

Si/Ne valuing quadra for sure.
    Probably ethical and introverted
    EII - INTj - Dostoyevsky -

No, it's not a typo!

4 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely introverted, not really sure about the rest anymore. T/F always close together, seem to be a perceiver. I don't feel like I'm a particularly warm person, more cold, but I usually try to take into account how something will affect someone which might make me an F of some sort. Someone mentioned the possibility of being LSI (ISTj?) due to me seeming to have Ni-seeking traits. Everything I read about ISTjs though, their authoritarian inclinations, power seeking, etc., don't really fit me. ISTp fits somewhat, but I don't consider myself unimaginative or lacking interest in subjects that are theoretical (Socionics would fit into that.) It would seem to explain though why I liked taking shop classes in high school. I took autorepair and welding classes. Sensing types seem to be painted as being anti-intellectual automatons with no imagination whatsoever on a lot of sites I've visited. I just don't think that can be true. I've always been attracted to other-wordly types, like people into Wicca and have a general spirituality about them. I had a friend that read tarot cards as a hobby. That was always fun.

LSI-Se sx/sp
    138 Post(s)
    23 Thread(s)

F type

edit: that or just strong Fi HA
    Last edited by Myst; 07-24-2015 at 08:47 PM.