Thread: Fe, eye contact and looking people in the eyes

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fe, eye contact and looking people in the eyes

--- do types appreciate when you look them in the eyes? Or is it better to vary it, and look away, and so fourth.

I am reminded of many counts of ESFjs having potent intense gazes or whatever. In my experience, I seem to be able to deal with that pretty well - maybe because I've had some training by living with ESFj, etc.

But I wonder what it is like from that standpoint, the standpoint. Is it better to hold the gaze as long as possible - perhaps rewarding and making use of the ? Or, is it better to succumb to the gaze and not look so much?

I'll ask a nuetral ESFj friend when I can address it properly to him/her.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't stare and don't look at the person so long that it becomes creepy.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I understand the general rule of not looking at someone too much.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. But I won't stop looking for pointers or consitencies or patterns here and there. That's what I do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not good at eye contact. I don't know if this is personality related though.

When someone is speaking to me I find I'll look away sometimes even just so I can really concentrate on what they are saying without any distractions like face expressions etc.

When I do make eye contact I find that some get distracted by my eyes and its screws up the flow of conversation. They are shaped a bit different because I'm bi-racial and they look a bit dif. It will annoy me if people notice and comment while we are talking.
    Polly
    ENTp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly
    When someone is speaking to me I find I'll look away sometimes even just so I can really concentrate on what they are saying without any distractions like face expressions etc.
    me too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fe and Eye Contact

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    I am reminded of many counts of ESFjs having potent intense gazes or whatever. In my experience, I seem to be able to deal with that pretty well - maybe because I've had some training by living with ESFj, etc.
    ESFjs always look like they want to rape you.

potent is a word for it.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe that's what I like about it... it's kind of contradictory to their jovialness.... or is it?

Well, anyway.... if that is so, then I DEFINITELY know who some ESFjs are...

I am remembering an old thread where it had INTjs as 'super computers' or something, and ESFjs as 'emotional super computers' or whatever. Kind of makes sense.

even more.... because I was just talking to an ESFj the other day and she was doing that to me. But it was REALLY STRANGE because she is no longer with her boyfriend from last year --- and I couldn't tell how much interest she really had in me. But, secretly, inside, I was like "what's wrong with her? Why is she looking that way with her eyes?" -- but kind of like I was mocking it. makes me that way sometimes (as in, makes me laugh, and feel comfortable, because I can play with it from a non-emotional basis*). It was tricky with her, though, because she has been very calm and laid back the whole time I've known her, but now, this semester, the is Really Vibrant... or maybe she's just choosing to show it to me more, I don't know.

Sometimes I can't look away from that gaze - that gaze that wants to rape me. But... I'm on the fence -- between fascination, and ridicule.

* - see how I handled PD... though of course that was more purposely trying to be tricky.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey -- anyone want an assignment?

Find some good photos of in regard to facial expressions. Bonus points to those who find happy, jubilent expressions